Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just ran across this thread today and read all 20 pages. In doing so I have developed a few thoughts and I figured I might toss them out.

1. Ashley is not a small and timid looking person. She appears to be in very good physical shape and has advanced hand to hand combat training as she was an MP. Due to these things, I would expect that anyone who tried to abduct her would have looked somewhat worse for wear afterwards. Was there anyone in town after her disappearance who looked like they had been in a fight with someone of that skill level?

2. One of the hallmarks of PTSD is hypervigilance. This would make it very difficult for someone to have been following her in order to learn her routine and plan a place to abduct her. That would make me think that anyone who would want to do her harm would have had to have help or some significant advantage ie. a firearm or credible threat to harm family.

3. Within the past 2 weeks in the town I live in a woman at a club was dropped a date rape pill. She was with friends and they noticed she was acting strangely and took her home. I live in Texas so I know the events are not linked, but I can't help but think about that evening at the bar and know that if she was engaged in conversation with someone that another individual could easily have slipped something in her drink. Then they would just need to wait for her to leave, for the effects of the substance to take effect, and grab her.

I can not account for the timeline discrepancies, or the possible sightings that might not have been sightings. Those things just really muddy the waters for me. I hope, for her as well as her family, that Ashley is found soon.

Just ran across this thread today and read all 20 pages. In doing so I have developed a few thoughts and I figured I might toss them out.

1. Ashley is not a small and timid looking person. She appears to be in very good physical shape and has advanced hand to hand combat training as she was an MP. Due to these things, I would expect that anyone who tried to abduct her would have looked somewhat worse for wear afterwards. Was there anyone in town after her disappearance who looked like they had been in a fight with someone of that skill level?

2. One of the hallmarks of PTSD is hypervigilance. This would make it very difficult for someone to have been following her in order to learn her routine and plan a place to abduct her. That would make me think that anyone who would want to do her harm would have had to have help or some significant advantage ie. a firearm or credible threat to harm family.

3. Within the past 2 weeks in the town I live in a woman at a club was dropped a date rape pill. She was with friends and they noticed she was acting strangely and took her home. I live in Texas so I know the events are not linked, but I can't help but think about that evening at the bar and know that if she was engaged in conversation with someone that another individual could easily have slipped something in her drink. Then they would just need to wait for her to leave, for the effects of the substance to take effect, and grab her.

I can not account for the timeline discrepancies, or the possible sightings that might not have been sightings. Those things just really muddy the waters for me. I hope, for her as well as her family, that Ashley is found soon.

Thank you for your input. I, too, feel the answers lie within a person or persons who were in the bar that night. JMO

Great thoughts. I agree about your observations of Ashley. The anecdotes shared in the Dateline story suggest that Ashley was hyper-vigilant. So, she wouldn't be an easy mark.

Everything about her story going back perhaps a year before she disappeared says that something significant changed with her. It hasn't been said but I think she found a new set of friends, got into a new lifestyle, and perhaps even a relationship. The way the divorce came about (and the prior incident) suggests as much. Her father talking about the criminal history of the people that Ashley was hanging around lately suggests as much. She was unraveling and I don't attribute all of that to PTSD. It is not uncommon that a woman that missed out on the "fun"/"party" years - in Ashley's case by being in the military and having children young and being on her own with small children for some periods of time while her husband was deployed - try to have a do-over of that missed "fun". I could be wrong but I think there is an elephant in the room of some kind and we haven't been given the whole story here.

So for me that leaves all possible scenarios on the table. Namely, suicide, murder, or she took off. The latter item seems highly unlikely but the Michele Roode Boyd case out of San Antonio means it can't be completely ruled out. That last phone call to her friend from the military who lives in Ohio puts the suicide scenario on the table. Based on what her father said about what their private investigator said about her friends with a criminal violence history puts murder on the table.

I would like to know more about her roommate. It seems that person is the source for Ashley not returning to the apartment after going running and the clothing description - if it isn't then I would like to know where that information comes from. It seems, from our local resident, that this roommate was allegedly at the bar with Ashley so I would expect that if that is true then this roommate has already lied if they are the source for Ashley not returning from her run. This is where I would start.

Posted today....

Bring Ash Home
Bring Ash Home
The search for Ashley Meiss continues as the investigation intensifies. We are confident she will be found. Please continue sharing #BringAshHome. Thank you.

Lewis Tom
The details of this investigation must be kept confidential at this time. We will share as much information as possible when available.

I know suicide must remain on the table, but I feel that there is too much effort on the part of those in town to mislead and deceive. I have strong leanings toward some sort of foul play.

Ashley has been on my mind even more than usual lately.

She should be here, carving pumpkins and going Halloween-costume-shopping with her children.

A little over a week ago, I noticed the admin posted to Ashley’s “Help Find” FB page that the investigation is continuing.
Bring Ash Home

It's about time the person(s) who knows where she is did the right thing.

Curious to know if her children returned to Kansas for school.
Why wouldn't they have returned to school in Kansas. Isn't the husband bound by some of the rules placed on Ashley? After all, didn't he apply for permission to take their kids on vacation out of state? I can't imagine he would be allowed to move out of state with the children until they know what has happened to Ashley. Someone, please advise!

Why wouldn't they have returned to school in Kansas. Isn't the husband bound by some of the rules placed on Ashley? After all, didn't he apply for permission to take their kids on vacation out of state? I can't imagine he would be allowed to move out of state with the children until they know what has happened to Ashley. Someone, please advise!
It was last known that the kids went to North Carolina to spend time with Ashley's father. I was just curious if they had returned to Kansas.

In regards to what you are talking about Ashley's husband is the custodial parent (and was the custodial parent even prior to Ashley going missing). If he were to be deployed/transferred elsewhere or if he were to move elsewhere then the children would go with him. The only way that doesn't happen is if Ashley contests it.

It was last known that the kids went to North Carolina to spend time with Ashley's father. I was just curious if they had returned to Kansas.

In regards to what you are talking about Ashley's husband is the custodial parent (and was the custodial parent even prior to Ashley going missing). If he were to be deployed/transferred elsewhere or if he were to move elsewhere then the children would go with him. The only way that doesn't happen is if Ashley contests it.
I understand what you are saying. What I don't understand is if Ashley's ex husband were to pick up and move could he do that without an absent Ashley's ability to contest it? It doesn't sound fair to me!
Your question is a good one. I am hoping they are still in Kansas and will be very disappointed if they are not.

I can hardly breathe right now ...:

October 13, 2018

MEDIA RELEASE

◊ Human remains found ◊

MANHATTAN, KAN. – On Saturday October 13, 2018 at approximately 3:00 p.m., the Riley County Police Department received a call from a citizen reporting the discovery of possible human remains in the 300 block of North Park Road in Ogden.

When officers arrived on scene, they began the initial investigation and confirmed the remains are human.

The identity of the deceased is not known at this time. This is an active investigation. Further information is not available.

If you have any information, please contact the Riley County Police Department at (785) 537-2112 or Crime Stoppers at (785) 537-2112. Using the Crime Stoppers service allows you to remain anonymous and could qualify you for a cash reward of up to $1,000.00.”
Human remains found | Riley County Police Department

Whoever this may be, I am praying for them and their loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back