Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr. Lewis previously posted on the “Bring Ash Home” FB page:

“She was last witnessed with two older males at the Rock House Sports Bar & Grill (231 Riley Ave, Ogden, KS 66517). ”
KS - Ks - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

It is 0.3 mile or an eight minute walk from the Rock House to where the remains were found:
Google Maps

Even closer as the crow flies.

Attachments

• 84EED96E-5309-4D0B-951A-D0CC0683FAD7.jpeg
    84EED96E-5309-4D0B-951A-D0CC0683FAD7.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 30
Just ran across this thread today and read all 20 pages. In doing so I have developed a few thoughts and I figured I might toss them out.

1. Ashley is not a small and timid looking person. She appears to be in very good physical shape and has advanced hand to hand combat training as she was an MP. Due to these things, I would expect that anyone who tried to abduct her would have looked somewhat worse for wear afterwards. Was there anyone in town after her disappearance who looked like they had been in a fight with someone of that skill level?

2. One of the hallmarks of PTSD is hypervigilance. This would make it very difficult for someone to have been following her in order to learn her routine and plan a place to abduct her. That would make me think that anyone who would want to do her harm would have had to have help or some significant advantage ie. a firearm or credible threat to harm family.

3. Within the past 2 weeks in the town I live in a woman at a club was dropped a date rape pill. She was with friends and they noticed she was acting strangely and took her home. I live in Texas so I know the events are not linked, but I can't help but think about that evening at the bar and know that if she was engaged in conversation with someone that another individual could easily have slipped something in her drink. Then they would just need to wait for her to leave, for the effects of the substance to take effect, and grab her.

I can not account for the timeline discrepancies, or the possible sightings that might not have been sightings. Those things just really muddy the waters for me. I hope, for her as well as her family, that Ashley is found soon.
I've not followed the case but recall reading an article early in the search, and the father indicated that he believed there were several people that were not being honest. At the time, I wasn't sure how to interpret that. Now that it's possible she was located very near her home environment, maybe there will be more focus on her inner circle. MOO

I can hardly breathe right now ...:

October 13, 2018

MEDIA RELEASE

◊ Human remains found ◊

MANHATTAN, KAN. – On Saturday October 13, 2018 at approximately 3:00 p.m., the Riley County Police Department received a call from a citizen reporting the discovery of possible human remains in the 300 block of North Park Road in Ogden.

When officers arrived on scene, they began the initial investigation and confirmed the remains are human.

The identity of the deceased is not known at this time. This is an active investigation. Further information is not available.

If you have any information, please contact the Riley County Police Department at (785) 537-2112 or Crime Stoppers at (785) 537-2112. Using the Crime Stoppers service allows you to remain anonymous and could qualify you for a cash reward of up to $1,000.00.”
Human remains found | Riley County Police Department

Whoever this may be, I am praying for them and their loved ones.

At this point, we can only hope for some closure for her family.

If the remains are Ashley, what a frustrating and alarming thing that she was so close for all this time!!!!
Yes!!! We’re there no thorough searches of Ogden? The town is TINY - literally the entire town covers 1.6 square miles.
I would be really disappointed in the incompetence of that police force - if this is her.

Yes!!! We’re there no thorough searches of Ogden? The town is TINY - literally the entire town covers 1.6 square miles.
I would be really disappointed in the incompetence of that police force - if this is her.
To quote myself - I grew up in that area... I can’t imagine that people didn’t see the body/bones before now, honestly. Something seems off.

I live nearby and agree that it seems impossible that she wouldn't have been found sooner if it is her and she was that close but as I'm sure you know Kansas can have thick foliage and undergrowth in the summer so if she was somewhere wooded she may not have been found until now. She should have been found no matter where she was if they had brought in dogs to search for her though.

I live nearby and agree that it seems impossible that she wouldn't have been found sooner if it is her and she was that close but as I'm sure you know Kansas can have thick foliage and undergrowth in the summer so if she was somewhere wooded she may not have been found until now. She should have been found no matter where she was if they had brought in dogs to search for her though.

I must admit I would have thought the wooded area if this indeed is by AM apartment would have been the first place anyone would have searched and irrelevant of whose remains they are! They should have been found earlier unless of course the area was searched and remains placed there at a later date after the search. Whoever the person is that has been found my thoughts and prayers are with their family and loved ones. So very sad

Oh yeah... I’m glad they found this body before winter. I know it’s coming shortly.. and you know Kansas winters...

I must admit I would have thought the wooded area if this indeed is by AM apartment would have been the first place anyone would have searched and irrelevant of whose remains they are! They should have been found earlier unless of course the area was searched and remains placed there at a later date after the search. Whoever the person is that has been found my thoughts and prayers are with their family and loved ones. So very sad
My thoughts exactly.. maybe it was searched and there was nothing there at the time? *hopefully* it’s not police incompetence.. if it is her, that would be a darn shame for her family who has been searching and she is RIGHT there.

I started reading this thread yesterday. Before that, I had missed it totally.

Whilst gathering my thoughts on the thread and waking up this morning and pondering on some of the ideas I had which I don't think now are appropriate to ask or pass comment on. Because of the recent press release.

I suspect IF the remains found yesterday is that of Ashley; Mr T Lewis and family will have many questions depending on the circumstances and cause of death.

Last edited:

It’s always helpful to have locals’ input.

Has the area been affected by significant flooding recently?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back