GUILTY KS - Iviona Lewis, 23 mos, Hoisington, 18 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
STEPHENS TO STAND TRIAL

Interesting details in this news article.

I’m a new member and hope I’ve done this correctly!

Your right, lots of interesting details! I'm so confused about the Mom's role in all this, she had a seizure and then went looking for help and then went to the ER, then back home, got in a fight with her boyfriend who locks her out and then a few days later she realizes Ivonnia is missing?! My brain hurts.

And Mom had 3 kids under age 2, no one worked, there was a non-biological parent in the home who Mom says she fought with frequently and there was meth use in the home. Definitely sounds like something bad was going to happen to one of those kids at some point.

welcomeani-smiley-face.gif
Mimosa Mornings!

I noticed that the article posted you have to log in with a subscription. Can anyone post a little on what is NOT in the start of the article?

TIA!

welcomeani-smiley-face.gif
Mimosa Mornings!

I noticed that the article posted you have to log in with a subscription. Can anyone post a little on what is NOT in the start of the article?

TIA!

I was able to read the whole article yesterday with out a subscription but when I went to read it again I am unable to? Maybe someone else can access it.

I had read the article numerous times and never had to subscribe, I tried this morning and now I have to subscribe. My apologies everyone.

But the second time I read it - I emailed it to myself so I would have the entire article.

I can find and post if that is allowed.

I can’t imagine.....
  • Being 23 years old with 4 children.
  • 3 of these children living with me and aged almost 3 years old, 1 year old and 3 months old.
  • Living in an 846 sf house (rental owned by boyfriend’s parents) with these 3 very young children and a boyfriend of barely a year.
  • Not having a vehicle or job
  • Boyfriend not having a job
I don’t know how I would cope.

Thursday, August 23rd:
*Prelim Hearing – KS – Iviona “Ivy” MaRae May Lewis (2) (last seen 3/18/18, reported missing 3/20/18, found 3/21/18) – Chaz Stephens (25) (Mom’s BF) charged (6/12/18) with 1st degree murder, child abuse, possession of meth & possession of paraphernalia. $1M bond.

Recipe for Disaster.

1 unemployed, unwell, 23 year old woman;
4 children from a couple of different fathers;
1 meth head unemployed BF;
mix in tiny space;
continue to add drugs;
remove mother from the house.
let children stew with meth head BF for a few days.

I am so sick of drug addicts killing babies. I am so sick of people making stupid decisions and babies paying the price.

Why do these cases take so incredibly long with months in between court dates? So frustrating for the families.

Because the court docket contains hundreds, if not thousands, of cases and they all must be put on the schedule. Then consideration must be made for the calendars of the lawyers on both sides which are jammed with appointments, depositions, hearings, due dates on pleadings/client meetings and trials. Add in court holidays, vacation, surgery (for example) and the schedule s of witnesses and selecting a date when everyone can appear is complicated. Not to mention that TIME is needed for the lawyers to prepare which takes a long, long time.

Recipe for Disaster.

1 unemployed, unwell, 23 year old woman;
4 children from a couple of different fathers;
1 meth head unemployed BF;
mix in tiny space;
continue to add drugs;
remove mother from the house.
let children stew with meth head BF for a few days.

I am so sick of drug addicts killing babies. I am so sick of people making stupid decisions and babies paying the price.
The couple has an argument. Mom goes outside for a smoke. Discovers meth head
BF has locked her out of the house. With her babies inside. She can see them thru the window. My first frantic thought would be to call 911.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back