GUILTY KS - Iviona Lewis, 23 mos, Hoisington, 18 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to respectfully disagree with the first part of this. I raised 2 children that are not biologically mine. I was never married to their father. Regardless, I am their (step) Mom and I am now Nana to 5 beautiful children that I am in no way biologically or related to by marriage.
I don't believe that a piece of paper (i.e. marriage cert) decides if you're a parent/grandparent or not.

That being said, I do have to agree that single parents need to be way more careful in this day and age with who they choose to be with. We see way too many of these cases where a step parent/boyfriend/girlfriend harms someone's child. Later, it is found out that he or she had a violent past.
It's not hard to research people these days.
I hope this monster lives in fear for his life in prison.

Fly high little angel!

I really didn’t post that to well. I didn’t mean all situations, just the ones like this one that has become so common. Ya don’t have to be married but those titles are special so ya need a committed relationship. These are all quick relationships, almost always this person has stuff in their past, thats either not known or ignored. Yet they’re calling them special titles within months. Revolving door these days with these special titles.

I really didn’t post that to well. I didn’t mean all situations, just the ones like this one that has become so common. Ya don’t have to be married but those titles are special so ya need a committed relationship. These are all quick relationships, almost always this person has stuff in their past, thats either not known or ignored. Yet they’re calling them special titles within months. Revolving door these days with these special titles.

I knew what you meant. Some of these women and men go from partner to partner, have a child with them, then leave and find another. There's no stability in these kids lives, they have more aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents then they know what to do with. A kid I know considers his grandmother's ex husband's parents (not related, and they divorced) his grandparents- he says he has five set of grandparents. To be honest, I would get so damn confused as to which ones he was referring to when he was talking about them and whether or not they were bio grandparents, step grandparents or grandparents through marriage that ended. No wonder this kid is so messed up, his parents and grandparents did a number on him and his siblings. He has one full bio brother, one half sister, two step sisters (that he's grown up with) and five half siblings he has never met. How many does that make? 9 kids in all considered siblings, five that he's never even met.

These are the parents that make me angry- biological, step, whatever- stop bringing these poor kids in unhealthy environments to satisfy your libido. Or try using birth control- don't have any on hand? Keep your clothes on and just say "no".

While LE seems to have an idea as to why there was a delay they haven't shared their information. IMO I believe Stephens acted alone so I guess the mom wants privacy. If she was unaware of what Stephens did to Iviona then my heart goes out to her.

In this article it says the mom was out of town visiting the brother and the confusion over who was caring for her lead to the delay in reporting her missing. I’m guessing the boyfriend said the dad or someone else had her and she didn’t know otherwise until Tuesday.
http://www.kake.com/story/37770624/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews

Also from the updated article Ms. Facetious posted above:

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Po...-missing-toddler-in-Hoisington-477448273.html

"We were friends, like you know what I'm saying? I know him. He lived with me. We lived together. You don't know no one better than when you live together, and I never thought he would pull nothing like that," said Lewis."I don't know personally, but I feel like he had a problem, but look at me. I'm a pretty big dude. He knew he could not physically beat me up. He knew that. I feel like he took it out on the only thing he knew that could hurt me, and that was Iviona."

Formal charges against Stephens could go to The County Attorney Friday or Monday.

Interesting that the bio dad and CS had lived together at some point.

Also from the updated article Ms. Facetious posted above:

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Po...-missing-toddler-in-Hoisington-477448273.html

"We were friends, like you know what I'm saying? I know him. He lived with me. We lived together. You don't know no one better than when you live together, and I never thought he would pull nothing like that," said Lewis."I don't know personally, but I feel like he had a problem, but look at me. I'm a pretty big dude. He knew he could not physically beat me up. He knew that. I feel like he took it out on the only thing he knew that could hurt me, and that was Iviona."

Formal charges against Stephens could go to The County Attorney Friday or Monday.

Interesting that the bio dad and CS had lived together at some point.

It's also interesting that the dad talked about being "a big dude" that Stephens couldn't physically beat up. Sounds like some bad blood going on between them.

It's also interesting that the dad talked about being "a big dude" that Stephens couldn't physically beat up. Sounds like some bad blood going on between them.
I can see why. Seems like mom may have been dating both at the same time, or one right after the other.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I found that weird too. Like why flex your muscles to a reporter? Wonder if Chaz’s motive was to get back at the biodad? It doesn’t seem likely? But who knows I guess.

I found that weird too. Like why flex your muscles to a reporter? Wonder if Chaz’s motive was to get back at the biodad? It doesn’t seem likely? But who knows I guess.

I'm pretty sure that's what dad was implying. Maybe that's why LE hasn't revealed what they believe caused the "confusion" over who had Iviona; otherwise why not just say that Stephens lied to her mom and his own mom to cover up his crime? What are they investigating?

What's odd is that dad was saying Stephens got back at him by harming Iviona but he's the bio dad and the ex so you'd think he'd be the one with a grudge, not the boyfriend.

Ugh, I hate this talk about who can beat who up - it just reinforces my belief that Iviona lived in a violent environment. All MOO.

Now it’s First degree murder. I wonder what changed. Glad they are getting him on first degree though.

First degree murder and child abuse?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Death that occurs during the commission of certain felonies is charged as first degree murder and child abuse is one of those certain felonies
https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/district-attorney/death-penalty/
345b92b9419ca6866ab0398d863cf145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Death that occurs during the commission of certain felonies is charged as first degree murder and child abuse is one of those certain felonies
https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/district-attorney/death-penalty/
345b92b9419ca6866ab0398d863cf145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, ScarlettLin! I was glad to see that if convicted Stephens will have to serve 20 years before being eligible for parole. Although I won't be surprised if he cops a plea for second-degree.

I know some states require a Grand Jury indictment to bring first-degree murder charges (Florida is one) but it appears Kansas does not. IMO the Barton County Attorney's Office used second-degree as a holding place until the autopsy and/or forensics were completed. We haven't been told a COD yet but I suspect it was blunt force trauma. MOO.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article206720904.html

Stephens has a history of criminal violence, according to court records. He pleaded guilty to three counts of battery and DUI in 2015.

In 2016, he pleaded guilty to possessing hallucinogenic drugs and was sentenced to one year in the Barton County Jail.

Stephens is jailed on a $1 million bond.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article206720904.html#storylink=cpy

http://fox4kc.com/2018/03/24/man-charged-with-murder-in-death-of-2-year-old-kansas-girl/

Barton County authorities say 25-year-old Chaz Stephens was also charged Friday with child abuse, possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia. He remains jailed on $1 million bond.

Have they said anything in the media about whether CS was alone in the house with the children or how he perpetuated the story that Iviona was with someone else? Was CS the person who saw Ivi asleep that night?

Have they said anything in the media about whether CS was alone in the house with the children or how he perpetuated the story that Iviona was with someone else? Was CS the person who saw Ivi asleep that night?
I haven't seen anything about this yet. All the articles seem to be recycled news from each other.

I haven't seen anything about this yet. All the articles seem to be recycled news from each other.

It is annoying that we have so little info.

Who was there at 11 pm when that poor sweet baby was lying on the floor in a diaper? Probably not a grandmother or Auntie, or that baby would have been dressed in pjs, and put in a bed or a crib.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Selby1974
Back