KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No news about Lori in today's Salina Post. :banghead::banghead::kickcan:

Frustration abounds......
Yep! Cause a woman was murdered in her own home in broad daylight. To me there is something off. Whomever it was should have been arrested by now. Was there no DNA from the perp? Gonna drive me to drink I tell ya.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

They said they collected a wealth of evidence after the murder. I would think surely these killers had arrest warrants and this wasn't their crime. I can't believe that two people with squeaky clean records got up one day and said "I think we should go kill somebody today"!

Cracker-barrel is in Salina, probably a 10-15 minute drive for Lori. What could possibly be gained if the cops can identify the tower calls were made from, or where and when the phone was bought, if there were no cameras in the store? Phone probably ended up in a lake somewhere, or tossed out the window on one of the hwy's.

There is no cracker barrel in Salina. The closest one I can think of is in Junction City, KS

There is no cracker barrel in Salina. The closest one I can think of is in Junction City, KS
Guess I had the two confused! We played pool in Salina, and bowled in Junction City, Lawrence and Topeka. I thought there was one in Salina, especially since Lori met somebody there with a puppy. Is 48 miles between the two. :coffeews::cat:

Terry, was there an arrest made for first degree murder today other than the one where the officer was hit?

There might be one in McPherson or Hutchinson. McPherson would be closer to her than JC

McPherson is 37 miles from Salina, Hutch is 71 miles away.

A Cracker Barrel! Lori had met with somebody who was buying a puppy a few weeks before she died. I thought there was one in Salina, but it is the one in JC we went to a couple of times when we bowled there.

Terry, was there an arrest made for first degree murder today other than the one where the officer was hit?
Wha?! could you link the info re the murder and an officer getting hit?! Please?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/uns...-breeder-lori-heimer-haunts-daughters-n647481

Dateline has picked up the story! Maybe this will get people talking
This is great coralynne! It’s a lengthy well-done story. Seems like such a nice family.
Some Excerpts:
Unsolved Murder of Kansas Dog Breeder Lori Heimer Haunts Daughters
SEP 14 2016, 2:09 PM ET
http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/uns...-breeder-lori-heimer-haunts-daughters-n647481
Lori's second-oldest daughter, Joni Alexander, was with her own family at a lake two hours away when she received the news of her mother's death.
It had just started to rain, and Joni says "the craziest thing" happened. Joni's oldest daughter asked, "Are the angels crying?" and Joni responded, "Yes, something terrible must have happened. Honey, bad things happen every day. Maybe someone went to heaven".
And then Joni received the terrible phone call that her mother had died.
[…]
Lori had two kennels for the breeder dogs, and another enclosed area on the farm where she kept the puppies.
Lori posted about a new litter of Goldendoodle puppies on her business' Facebook page two days before her body was found.
The nearly 50 dogs are now being cared for elsewhere.
[…]
"There's no motive. We don't know why," says Genell. "What's stopping them from hurting the next person down the road?
[…]

Does anybody know when this episode will be aired?

Nothing new in Salina Post related to Lori today.

Well Dateline comes on Fri nites at 9p, channel 4 here, but it is shown on one of the major networks. New episode, says no info avail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back