KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just thinking about JJB, and the fact that he was arrested around the Gypsum area, supposedly being hidden by a couple of friends. I'm wondering if they are actually friends, or if he used bullying to obtain a place to stay? I wonder if the police have been back to talk to them again and see if they know more than they claimed when he was arrested? Could be now that he has been locked up for more than two months now, they would feel less threatened than they could have back in July? I really have a hard time believing he would have any friends!

The closest Cracker Barrel to Salina is Junction City. That's the one she sometimes would meet people from Kansas City area.. There is no Cracker Barrel in McPherson or any other nearby towns. I live in Salina.

I think he vandalized machine to be able to stay in jail. There he gets 3 meals a day and doesn't have to work. If he's afraid - he's in the wrong place.. Brown is in the same jail.

Terry, do you have any idea if JJB is in with gen pop, or is he in solitary?

Terry, do you have any idea if JJB is in with gen pop, or is he in solitary?

According to the jail website, JJB is currently being held Pod 2, Cell 2400, Bed 2412, which I believe is in general population.

My thoughts on JJB...

JJB was arrested in early July in connection with an incident that was not related to the Heimer homicide...

http://salinapost.com/2016/07/03/police-searching-for-suspect-in-overnight-stabbing/

JJB, in my opinion, really does not fit the descriptions of either of the drivers of the vehicles of interest in this case. Additionally, with JJB having been in custody for more than two months now, my gut tells me that if he had anything to do with Lori's murder, he would most likely already have been charged and law enforcement would not still be asking for the public's assistance, unless they are hoping to get information that tie's him to the murder. Personally, I think he's just too convenient of a suspect and I would not put my money om him being the guy, especially with the vehicles of interest and their drivers having yet to be located.

I think it's very important that we not focus entirely on JJB and keep an open mind to other possibilities.

An FYI...while at the Sheriff's Office today for the daily media briefing, I did ask if there was anything new on Lori's case and was told there was not.

Another FYI...

Finding info on The Salina Post on Lori's case is now easier than ever. This morning, I added a tab to the main page for Lori's murder, where everything we publish regarding the case will go. I have attached a screenshot the site to help everyone find it. Look for the red oval in the photo below, which you can click to enlarge:

HeimerTab.jpg

My thoughts on JJB...

JJB was arrested in early July in connection with an incident that was not related to the Heimer homicide...

http://salinapost.com/2016/07/03/police-searching-for-suspect-in-overnight-stabbing/

JJB, in my opinion, really does not fit the descriptions of either of the drivers of the vehicles of interest in this case. Additionally, with JJB having been in custody for more than two months now, my gut tells me that if he had anything to do with Lori's murder, he would most likely already have been charged and law enforcement would not still be asking for the public's assistance, unless they are hoping to get information that tie's him to the murder. Personally, I think he's just too convenient of a suspect and I would not put my money om him being the guy, especially with the vehicles of interest and their drivers having yet to be located.

I think it's very important that we not focus entirely on JJB and keep an open mind to other possibilities.
Well, I agree. BUT...why was he charged with Capital Murder and murder in the 1st degree. Capital Murder usually involves the killing of a law enforcement officer, a child, or Murder during the commission of a felony.

What JJB is noted for doing publicly, has nothing to do with what he was booked under. So, I still believe he is a POI and maybe they're looking for POI #2.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I was just thinking about JJB, and the fact that he was arrested around the Gypsum area, supposedly being hidden by a couple of friends. I'm wondering if they are actually friends, or if he used bullying to obtain a place to stay? I wonder if the police have been back to talk to them again and see if they know more than they claimed when he was arrested? Could be now that he has been locked up for more than two months now, they would feel less threatened than they could have back in July? I really have a hard time believing he would have any friends!
Hi glf. I can only find that he was being hidden by friends in SE Salina. I never saw Gypsum named except Gypsum was an address for one of those arrested
for harboring him.

Well, I agree. BUT...why was he charged with Capital Murder and murder in the 1st degree. Capital Murder usually involves the killing of a law enforcement officer, a child, or Murder during the commission of a felony.

What JJB is noted for doing publicly, has nothing to do with what he was booked under. So, I still believe he is a POI and maybe they're looking for POI #2.

Nailed it. I think they're looking for his accomplice.

My friend lives across the section from where JJB was arrested, and she said he lived there. So supposedly it was in his own home. She knows of him, and her husband always said not to let him in if he ever came over. They saw all of the lights when he was arrested. Creepy to think he was living within seeing distance of her.

First of all, as noted in The Salina Post story, JJB was booked on a charge of ATTEMPTED first degree murder and ATTEMPTED capital murder. The jail website has his charges listed by statutes and for some reason, the attempted does not appear with those statues, which creates a ton of confusion. Court records indicate that he was booked on ATTEMPTED murder charges ONLY!

From The Salina Post story...

"Brown faces charges of aggravated battery and attempted first-degree murder, according to police."

The Salina Post story actually corroborates what he was booked for extremely well.

Nailed it. I think they're looking for his accomplice.

I've been a journalist long enough to know that in a high profile case such as this that has generated so much media attention, that had JJB been booked for Lori's murder, a press conference of some sort would have been held by now. My gut as a journalist just doesn't buy JJB as a suspect in this case. It just doesn't fit in enough ways for me to think it's him.

I have reached out to both the Saline County Sheriff's Office and the Salina Police Department to get a clarification on JJB's charges. Hope to provide more information soon. Stay tuned!

First of all, as noted in The Salina Post story, JJB was booked on a charge of ATTEMPTED first degree murder and ATTEMPTED capital murder. The jail website has his charges listed by statutes and for some reason, the attempted does not appear with those statues, which creates a ton of confusion. Court records indicate that he was booked on ATTEMPTED murder charges ONLY!

From The Salina Post story...

"Brown faces charges of aggravated battery and attempted first-degree murder, according to police."

The Salina Post story actually corroborates what he was booked for extremely well.
Hi Terry,

You may want to take a look at the charges for JJB here:

http://www.salinesheriff.org/InmateResults.aspx?BookingID=-145539&pg=h&ji=-18263

Hi glf. I can only find that he was being hidden by friends in SE Salina. I never saw Gypsum named except Gypsum was an address for one of those arrested
for harboring him.

Thanks, I'll look back and see what I remember that had to do with Gypsum. Maybe somebody he was connected to made me think he was arrested in that area. I know what grabbed my attn to him was his long hair, even tho he might be a little younger than one of the suspects, his violent ways sure send up red flags in my book!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back