Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The park area mentioned is more of a nature trail area, not a playground and picnic type of park. It is NOT in walking distance of the home neighborhood and would be at least a ten to fifteen minute drive depending on route taken and traffic which was higher than usual yesterday afternoon/evening because of the warmer weather and weekend.

I wonder if they have cameras? Perhaps someone checked them today?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
PerfectingPink-

Do you know if they have cameras around the fishing area of the lake?

I just got home. Lucas is still missing. I saw this from an hour ago:

KAKE Bryan Ramsdale
‏
Verified account

@BryanRamsdale
1h1 hour ago
More
Wichita Police are following up on leads regarding #LucasHernandez in the area of the Great Plains Nature Center and Chisholm Creek Park. Dozens of police officers are here; people are asked to stay out of this area. @KAKEnews

https://twitter.com/KAKEnews

Apologies if this has already been addressed. Now I'm going to backtrack and catch up on the thread. I'm so disappointed Lucase hasn't been found.

Thank you FindLucasAllen for alerting to the article!

Wichita police, dogs searching nature park for 5-year-old boy missing since Saturday

[....]

Meanwhile, two relatives of the boy told The Eagle on Sunday that they had concerns about his welfare in the past. Sally Rasmussen, a great aunt of Lucas, said she contacted the Kansas Department for Children and Families last spring. The other relative, Jeannie Houchin, a great grandmother of the boy, said the Kansas child protection agency confirmed it was investigating. A Department for Children and Families spokeswoman couldn’t be reached Sunday.

[....]

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200822364.html

I don't think there are cameras there but there might be at the Casey's across the street.
Thanks, I was wondering if they were checked today but maybe someone did at Casey's.

I just got home. Lucas is still missing. I saw this from an hour ago:

KAKE Bryan Ramsdale
‏
Verified account

@BryanRamsdale
1h1 hour ago
More
Wichita Police are following up on leads regarding #LucasHernandez in the area of the Great Plains Nature Center and Chisholm Creek Park. Dozens of police officers are here; people are asked to stay out of this area. @KAKEnews

https://twitter.com/KAKEnews

Apologies if this has already been addressed. Now I'm going to backtrack and catch up on the thread. I'm so disappointed Lucase hasn't been found.

Oh noooo.

Meanwhile, two relatives of the boy told The Eagle on Sunday that they had concerns about his welfare in the past. Sally Rasmussen, a great aunt of Lucas, said she contacted the Kansas Department for Children and Families last spring. The other relative, Jeannie Houchin, a great grandmother of the boy, said the Kansas child protection agency confirmed it was investigating. A Department for Children and Families spokeswoman couldn’t be reached Sunday.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200822364.html#storylink=cpy

Until we know more I would treat this information lightly, IMO. Based on the names I'm going to speculate these are relations of the mother. We know that Lucas' father had full custody of the boy. These reports could simply be attempts at finding the father or his home unfit for Lucas in an attempt at getting the mother custody. Sadly I've gone through this repeatedly with my niece and her child. My niece was granted full custody of the child, the father's parent's didn't like that (they were barred from contact with the child because they refused to submit to drug testing) so they got into the habit of calling DCF and making false reports against my niece. We must've had DCF at our home 6-7 times over the past 12 months investigating us and doing home checks. According to the DCF caseworker it's a bad habit some non-custodial parents have, they will call DCF and report abuse, neglect, whatever in order to get the other parent in trouble.

I’m a close relative of Lucas. He was with his dad’s girlfriend and according to her she last saw him at 3 pm right before she took a nap. As far as I know, he was not asleep and we don’t know him to be a big napper anymore.

He is not known to wander off or leave the house alone.

They just moved to this house very recently.

We just want Lucas home.

Holding you close in our hearts with support, FindLucasAllen.

PerfectingPink-

Do you know if they have cameras around the fishing area of the lake?

Even though the lake doesn't have cameras (that I know of) the nature trails might. It has been a while since I have been on the trails and the ponds that are south of Chisohlm Lake. I would think there would be trail cams at least in there.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200822364.html#storylink=cpy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though the lake doesn't have cameras (that I know of) the nature trails might. It has been a while since I have been on the trails and the ponds that are south of Chisohlm Lake. I would think there would be trail cams at least in there.
Casey's sounds like a general store.

Oh noooo.

My computer is driving me nuts! Somehow I missed that you had posted this already!

Until we know more I would treat this information lightly, IMO. Based on the names I'm going to speculate these are relations of the mother. We know that Lucas' father had full custody of the boy. These reports could simply be attempts at finding the father or his home unfit for Lucas in an attempt at getting the mother custody. Sadly I've gone through this repeatedly with my niece and her child. My niece was granted full custody of the child, the father's parent's didn't like that (they were barred from contact with the child because they refused to submit to drug testing) so they got into the habit of calling DCF and making false reports against my niece. We must've had DCF at our home 6-7 times over the past 12 months investigating us and doing home checks. According to the DCF caseworker it's a bad habit some non-custodial parents have, they will call DCF and report abuse, neglect, whatever in order to get the other parent in trouble.

First time I can agree with DAnthrplgst...There are so many reasons why DCF would visit. It could be a minimal complaint that has to be checked out or more serious in nature . We needed to investigate all calls that were placed and calls that come in are prioritized due to the complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn