Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“A neighbor, Leigh Burgess, said that another neighbor came to her Saturday evening, saying that the woman who lives in between them was upset because her child was missing. He was helping her to search. Not long afterward, police arrived. They focused on the back yard of the home where Lucas lives. Police also searched her yard, Burgess said.
Two days earlier, on Thursday morning, Burgess saw her new neighbors across the street. A woman and a small child were on their knees, busily clearing out a flower bed. Burgess thought the child looked younger than 5 – Lucas’ age – and thought the child might be a girl. They were gone from the yard before Burgess could introduce herself.”
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200986659.html
SABBM

Sorry just jumping in here from time to time.
Busy doing other things that are needed in the house. (my house is very demanding about being kept neat and clean :p )

Re. the bolded bit --- does Lucas have siblings ?
Could the neighbor have seen a sibling, and not Lucas ?
And I'm assuming the sar dogs can certainly differentiate between a siblings' scent and the missing child's scent.

No scent at all would mean he was never in that house.
( I know this was mentioned upthread --- but that just opens up a whole 'nother train of thought. :( )

Just a thought... if they had just moved a week or so ago... did Lucas need to enroll in a different school based on new address location? If so, did stepmom complete form to send records to new school, and did he ever attend the new school? If he was absent from old school and she called him in sick... at some point either school would investigate why he wasn't attending. Dad would also come home at some point.

OMG! Have you guys seen these pictures from this article? Look at the pictures of him in the black baseball cap. He looks sickly thin. I'm sick. Also this article has new info:

Family concerned about Wichita boy's welfare before he went missing

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
As the search continues for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, the boy's family returned to their home late Monday along with the FBI. Relatives watching from afar say it's not the first time an investigator was called there.

Wichita police say the boy's stepmother last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m. Saturday. She then took a shower and fell asleep, and officers were notified around 6:15 p.m. that the boy was missing.

Sally Rasmussen is Lucas' great aunt, who spoke with KAKE News from her home in New Mexico. She says was sent a photo of Lucas last year and saw multiple bruises on his face and neck. She called police.

"All these stories I'd been hearing for months about him possibly being abused," she said.

Rasmussen only got more concerned after the father and son went to New Mexico. She says she and another relative saw more signs the child was hurt, and another report was filed in that state.

http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KAKE-TV
Batman fan? Great taste sweetheart.

Sidenote: Anyone notice how these groups often copy and paste things from Websleuths vs link directly?

I've also seen people copy and paste things directly from here as if it is their own idea when in some cases, it is known to me that the FB profile posting it is not the same person/acct who originally posted it here.
Watching it before my very eyes right now....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I really hope this isn't another Ethan Stacy type case.
I really hope this child wasn't basically neglected to death.
I really hope that it isn't as bad as it appears.
However, from the MSM reports from the family it sounds very bad.

I wish we knew if they called 911, or took him to the Emergency Room?
Or if they were never alone with him to do so?
I'm trying to understand how this went on for so long, if the report was made in the fall.
It doesn't sound like these were innocent looking injuries.
Why didn't anyone remove him? Did anyone else fight for custody?
He has an extended loving family, certainly someone tried?
Or did they fear that would only escalate the abuse?

In Sherin Mathews case there was certainly ample evidence she was being abused.
However, she didn't have the extended family Lucas does.
I'm shocked he wasn't placed somewhere else, because there were so many possibilities.

I'm wondering what the next family member who sees signs of abuse can do differently to prevent a disappearing child? I always try to learn from these situations. Something good has to come from it, maybe it will save another child.

I hope it's just not as bad as it seems.

Sidenote: Anyone notice how these groups often copy and paste things from Websleuths vs link directly?

I've also seen people copy and paste things directly from here as if it is their own idea when in some cases, it is known to me that the FB profile posting it is not the same person/acct who originally posted it here.

That find Lucas group I linked to is copying posts from our verified user FindLucasAllen

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
As the search continues for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, the boy's family returned to their home late Monday along with the FBI. Relatives watching from afar say it's not the first time an investigator was called there.

Wichita police say the boy's stepmother last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m. Saturday. She then took a shower and fell asleep, and officers were notified around 6:15 p.m. that the boy was missing.

Sally Rasmussen is Lucas' great aunt, who spoke with KAKE News from her home in New Mexico. She says was sent a photo of Lucas last year and saw multiple bruises on his face and neck. She called police.

"All these stories I'd been hearing for months about him possibly being abused," she said.

Rasmussen only got more concerned after the father and son went to New Mexico. She says she and another relative saw more signs the child was hurt, and another report was filed in that state.

http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KAKE-TV

BBM I'm having a hard time believing this accusation. Who in their right mind would snap a photo of a child in that state and send it to a family member like it's a normal photo. Child abusers don't leave visible marks on their children than snap photos and send them to relatives. And if she reported it as she said then a photo would be pretty strong evidence that a child was being abused. All these abuse allegations are really bugging me. Not the allegations themselves but supposedly all these people made all these reports and not one case worker was able to substantiate it? C'mon. JMO!!

Bringing this map forward....it may be important.
db2ed38d3866dae1c1e7ec32d3ccf3ff.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

BBM I'm having a hard time believing this accusation. Who in their right mind would snap a photo of a child in that state and send it to a family member like it's a normal photo. Child abusers don't leave visible marks on their children than snap photos and send them to relatives. And if she reported it as she said then a photo would be pretty strong evidence that a child was being abused. All these abuse allegations are really bugging me. Not the allegations themselves but supposedly all these people made all these reports and not one case worker was able to substantiate it? C'mon. JMO!!

Unfortunately, we have seen many, many people abuse children and photograph their handiwork. Why? I have no clue but it happens time and again. Can anyone please remind my old brain of the name of the little girl who had such a battered little face?

From the above article:

Um. I don't mean to be rude, but she arrived on Sunday from El Dorado? That's only a 35 mile journey.

100% incorrect. She arrived from Oklahoma on Sunday. But she is originally from El Dorado.

SABBM

You DO have a point, there !

But it wouldn't be the first time DCF have missed something vital.
:moo:

My mantra for 2018 was, do not get involved in anymore missing children’s cases. Do not, do not, do not! Little DeOrr Kunz tore my heart out and I’m still following him to this day. Then along came Lucas. I’m here for the long haul Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader