Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking to my husband more...I thought LE was at Chisholm lake and Great Plains Nature Center. It turns out (after I contemplated his mansplaining) they were just at the Great Plains Nature Center.

I can’t share any information about any family members except for Lucas right now.

His birthday is 12/3/12. He loves dinosaurs and toy guns. He has this awesome goofy almost maniacle laugh. He’s a super goofball but also so sweet and caring.

Pretty typical 5 year old boy. I'm so sorry.

The women in that article are relatives of Lucas’s dad. I’m a relative of Lucas’s bio mom. I can say that our side of the family also had major concerns with Lucas being abused. We have pictures and reports were made on our side as well. Both sides of Lucas’s family documented and reported what we saw and what he told us.

I so wish that parents who choose to bring a step parent into their children's lives would be a bit more cautious about it. Or that the child could go with other family or the other parent when the bio parent is not available.

Leaving a 5 year old boy with a stepmother with a baby of her own is not ideal. Especially when there are already concerns about the care he receives when he's with her. I wish the parents would step up and protect their kids over their partner.

I am so sorry the system failed your family.

You would think so but because of the nature of child abuse complaints they won't punish people who make unfounded calls, the victim of the calls (at least in NJ, can't speak for other states) has to essentially get a court order to block DCF from investigating calls that are placed by the person or persons who make repeated false reports. The only problem with that is if you get a court order (which is rarely granted in NJ) then the trouble maker can simply call DCF, make a complaint but refuse to give their name making it an anonymous complaint, which DCF is now obligated to investigate.
I do believe there can be consequences for repeated false reporting here. I know records of such are kept in the family file. (Source: personal experience, family member with crazy ex)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

You would think so but because of the nature of child abuse complaints they won't punish people who make unfounded calls, the victim of the calls (at least in NJ, can't speak for other states) has to essentially get a court order to block DCF from investigating calls that are placed by the person or persons who make repeated false reports. The only problem with that is if you get a court order (which is rarely granted in NJ) then the trouble maker can simply call DCF, make a complaint but refuse to give their name making it an anonymous complaint, which DCF is now obligated to investigate.
Same thing here in Kansas, happens all the time but it's important that people be able to report anonymously so nothing can really be done about that issue.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I am sick to my stomach over this. :( I am still praying for a miracle anyway.

Checking in on this sweet boy again. Prayers for Lucas [emoji170]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

How long has the father been out of town for work? Has anyone (besides stepmom) seen Lucas since the father left town?

"Sunday evening police with canine units began searching Chisholm Creek Park, a 216 acre nature park near 29th and Oliver. About a dozen police cars and a Red Cross van were in a parking lot near Oliver. Police said they would have no updates on the search until Monday morning."

No updates until tomorrow does not sound good. MOO.

Is it true that the father no longer keeps in touch with the relatives who expressed concerns about the step-mother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, from what I understand this is true.

How long has the father been out of town for work? Has anyone (besides stepmom) seen Lucas since the father left town?

I haven’t heard any info about when he was supposed to be home or how long he’s been gone or who besides stepmom saw him last

Baby came and things changed. Was there any concern about Baby Sister?

I don’t know this info sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members