Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #11 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EG mentioned in one of her interviews that he was always getting hurt, sometimes when she was cooking....

R:There's obviously a lot of rumors going on, a lot of things people are saying, about your stepson Lucas, just curious if there's anything that you want to say about that situation.

E: Um, yeah, um, in the past, you know, there's been times he's, been a boy, and um playing with his older brothers, and his cousins, um, he gets bruises, and he has had some falls, um, falls either could be cooking dinner, or at the park, um... (long pause, looking down) Um. I'm sorry, this is really hard on me.

I also agree with your logic of just having moved and therefore needing to eat out/get take out. while EG having a gift card isn't suspect imo (if jh or a family member got it for her, gift cards are a great way to force the person to treat themselves. it also seems like the type of thing that someone acquires from a random activity like a school raffle), the TIMING of using the gift card (and simply just eating out) is too coincidental and i agree w other posters it seems like an alibi.

parents: what is an appropriate age to leave a child home alone for approx an hour? parents w kids in this generation, is it more accepted to leave them home alone if theres a family ipad/tool that has the ability to reach a parents' cell phone asap? 5 seems too young to me but no kids yet, so im not sure. im trying to get inside EG's mind and see if she thought there was a rationalization leaving a 5 year old alone and therefore thinks the story she is tell LE is believable - like "oh my friends leave their 7 year old and lucas is a mature 5 year old" or "he was sick and likely would sleep the whole hour but he knew he could call me if needed" or "i was watching him on our nanny cam while he slept". the last one i've done for my dogs when they were puppies via my phone and an ipad. dogs obviously not the same as kids but as a tech tool, it worked very well/i could see parents using it appropriately as a new-age baby monitor.

In KS the current acceptable age to leave a child alone for any amount of time is 12. It isn’t written in stone but that is the general guideline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess everyone is different about what age they would their child home alone for an hour, it also depends on the child. Some are much more trustworthy than others.

But, 5. No. No way.

I agree 5 is way too young. I wouldn't and didn't until mine were about 12 yr old I would say about 7th or 8th grade. That is just me though. jmo

In KS the current acceptable age to leave a child alone for any amount of time is 12. It isn’t written in stone but that is the general guideline

TWELVE? Wow! In MD it’s 8. Each child is different, but 5 would NEVER be okay. JMO

As a mother of two, ages 7 and 10...5 is absolutely too young.

TWELVE? Wow! In MD it’s 8. Each child is different, but 5 would NEVER be okay. JMO

I think it is because latchkey/daycare programs are through grade 5, most 6th graders are or turn 12

Maybe she wss acting erratically in OG. To loud or goofy,maybe they alerted the police to check her then it would be easier to admit it could be from smoking pot other than to day I am nervous because I have a dead body to dispose of. It would be the lesser of two evils. Or another driver could have reported her for driving supisosly. I think she just needed to give a excuse and not thinking just blurted that out because it was on her mind. Hope this makes sense,

maybe she wasn't planning on getting caught for the pot. if OG is her alibi, she would want to share this w LE ("i was clearly here, feeding my daughter and bringing home food to my sick son or w/e her entire version is) and maybe between the searches at her house, her behavior at OG and her cell phone records, she more or less had to admit to the pot use and since she's made a huge point of being at OG, if the pot surfaced, she's stuck...

Fwiw, KS doesn't appear have a specific law detailing an age when a child could be left home alone (as of June '14 anyway). I still can't imagine leaving a 5 year old alone and thinking it wouldn't raise any LE eyebrows.

“Developmentally, children are generally ready to be home alone around the age of 12 or 13,” says Cherie Sage, State Director of Safe Kids Kansas. “However, children develop at different rates, so use your own discretion to determine your child’s maturity level and capabilities.” For example, if you have an impulsive 13-year-old who is a big risk taker, you might be hesitant to leave him or her alone. On the other hand, a thoughtful 11-year-old who has a good track record of following household rules might be ready. Most states, including Kansas, don’t have regulations or laws about when a child is considered old enough to stay at home alone or babysit another child. BBM

http://www.koamtv.com/story/2573959...ren-and-families-offer-home-alone-safety-tips

JMO

Thanks to everyone for trying to find the boy. Like someone said this case is a hard one to solve because we are dealing with a seasoned liar.

I may be picking her words apart too much but I think I see another slip up she made. This makes me more convinced that something happened the day before on the 16th.

A couple things.

1-From the link below which has the actual affidativ when she is talking with JH, it is done with FB messenger texts but when police mention the phone calls they dont imply it was him. There is no telling who those phone calls were with. I think the redacted part is important and could involve someone else.

2-Notice the two statements below and notice when she is communicating with JH. This appears to be BEFORE she went to OG and she says she is planning to go to OG before she even smoked MJ. Then when she is talking to police she brings into it that the MJ made her hungry. Nada Nada. You just told JH your plans was to go there.

I may be nitpicking this but I think it could be proof of her slipping up when she had this all planned out in her mind of what she would tell everyone. She tried to tell JH the same story she was later telling police.

"Glass tells JH she was going to smoke a couple of bowls of marifjuana and go to Olive Garden and use the gift card JH had sent her"

"Glass said on February 16, 2018 she was cleaning then went to the garage to smoke marijuana around 3:30 pm, she said she smoked a few bowls. Glass said she became hungry then drove MH to the Olive Garden for dinner."

http://www.kake.com/story/37715009/document-details-child-endangerment-case-against-emily-glass

I also keep going back to that main interview in jail with the female reporter where she keeps saying "You Know?" over and over again. NO, we dont know what happened to him so please tell us. PLEASE come clean.

Fwiw, KS doesn't appear have a specific law detailing an age when a child could be left home alone (as of June '14 anyway). I still can't imagine leaving a 5 year old alone and thinking it wouldn't raise any LE eyebrows.

http://www.koamtv.com/story/2573959...ren-and-families-offer-home-alone-safety-tips

No regulations. But these are the DCF general guidelines. And if you ask most will say 12 - because daycare is available through age 11
http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/PPM_Forms/Appendices/Appendix_1B.pdf
05f63c0e4eb75e5ad680701bbf986f8f.jpg

JMO

Thanks to everyone for trying to find the boy. Like someone said this case is a hard one to solve because we are dealing with a seasoned liar.

I may be picking her words apart too much but I think I see another slip up she made. This makes me more convinced that something happened the day before on the 16th.

A couple things.

1-From the link below which has the actual affidativ when she is talking with JH, it is done with FB messenger texts but when police mention the phone calls they dont imply it was him. There is no telling who those phone calls were with. I think the redacted part is importantcould involve someone else.

2-Notice the two statements below and notice when she is communicating with JH. This appears to be BEFORE she went to OG and she says she is planning to go to OG before she even smoked MJ. Then when she is talking to police she brings into it that the MJ made her hungry. Nada Nada. You just told JH your plans was to go there.

I may be nitpicking this but I think it could be proof of her slipping up when she had this all planned out in her mind of what she would tell everyone. She tried to tell JH the same story she was later telling police.

"Glass tells JH she was going to smoke a couple of bowls of marifjuana and go to Olive Garden and use the gift card JH had sent her"

"Glass said on February 16, 2018 she was cleaning then went to the garage to smoke marijuana around 3:30 pm, she said she smoked a few bowls. Glass said she became hungry then drove MH to the Olive Garden for dinner."

http://www.kake.com/story/37715009/document-details-child-endangerment-case-against-emily-glass

I also keep going back to that main interview in jail with the female reporter where she keeps saying "You Know?" over and over again. NO, we dont know what happened to him so please tell us. PLEASE come clean.

Agreed. Although the going to smoke then go to OG vs going to OG because smoking made her hungry might not directly relate to where Lucas is, it shows she's not telling the truth on other things so why would she be about Lucas.

Also, the you know thing... it's like she doesn't know what to say so is hoping someone will fit in the blanks. She's not comfortable with what she has to say. She's transparent.

Curious about the alibi angle.
Could one of the members who expressed thinking Emily was likely using Olive Garden as just an alibi enlighten me to what I'm missing or misunderstanding?

Why would someone who is trying to create a story that her stepson just walked out or was abducted use the trip to Olive Garden, where Lucas was NOT with her, and use that as an alibi? Wouldn't NOT being seen with your stepson on Feb 16 be a terrible idea for creating an abduction story on Feb 17.

I would think one who just murdered a child would NOT want to make a point to be seen without him in public the day before reporting him missing. So, I'm obviously missing or "not getting" something. Can someone help me? Thanks! :)

JMO

A couple things.

1-From the link below which has the actual affidativ when she is talking with JH, it is done with FB messenger texts but when police mention the phone calls they dont imply it was him. There is no telling who those phone calls were with. I think the redacted part is important and could involve someone else.

The affidavit also says they are using initials to protect witnesses and evidence...in agreement with your statement the redacted part contains info about at least one other person besides Lucas...

<theory brain-dump 2... jmo> So let's say EG was not alone on Feb 16 when Lucas passed. Neighbors saw EG out front smoking (I don't know when) with a white male. For purposes of this theory, let's say this is the same guy she was with.

Let's say Lucas died while both adults were at the house. Maybe they are both in neck deep suddenly because something they did together in that house caused his death. So, both have to act cooperatively for them to both get away with it.

Let's say EG left the house for OG with the baby, and the other person stayed behind and is the one who took Lucas away.

We know she had two phone calls, and we know she gave LE her phone to look through. LE must know who she called because exact call times were given. For the purposes of this theory, we are concluding that she called the male she was theoretically with.

Let's say either LE knows who he is because of those calls, or even because possibly neighbors saw that other person's vehicle at her home while she was at dinner and they've figured out a who that person is.

Now let's say LE also arrested that person and believes Lucas was transported in his vehicle. Maybe they found the vehicle, maybe they didn't. Maybe LE doesn't want anyone to know who this guy is yet because they are looking for the vehicle, and maybe even his phone. Or maybe they have both.

Regardless, this theory changes the search and complicates things. If this theoretical guy is the one who took Lucas away, there's a strong chance Lucas was buried or dumped far away just as easily as local. The calls were an hour apart. That second hour call could be the guy telling EG she can go home and clean up, but it doesn't mean the guy finished his end of the job.

Maybe he went really far to bury Lucas. Or maybe he just went to a local park. In this theory, the parks being searched are based on a myriad of possibilities. One is possibly because of EGs phone gps activity as she disposed of other things that point to the crime. Another possibility is the searches are based on the mysterious man's gps and/or phone activity and they think Lucas was put in one of those places by this man.

</theory brain-dump 2 complete... jmo>

This has been my feeling since the beginning. IMO I don't know if person with her was male or female, but I think whatever happened, someone else was with her. I also remember VI saying something about someone close to her having something to lose also....(not exact words).

Based on her statement that bruises came from his cousins (sorry I don't have the link handy), I almost expected her to say that Lucas stayed with her cousin while she was "cleaning" and at OG. But she just moved in, I'm surprised she would have that much "cleaning" to do. Unpacking yes, cleaning....most places are move-in ready and not a lot of cleaning needs to be done.

I do NOT think she was alone at OG if she did indeed go inside to eat. Curbside pickup, yes, inside, no.

Curious about the alibi angle.
Could one of the members who expressed Emily likely using Olive Garden as an alibi enlighten me to what I'm missing or misunderstanding?

Why would someone who is trying to create a story that her stepson just walked out or was abducted purposefully use the trip to Olive Garden, where Lucas was NOT with her, want to exploit that and use it as an alibi?

I would think one who just murdered a child would NOT want to make a point to be seen without him in public the day before reporting him missing. So, I'm obviously missing or "not getting" something. Can someone help me? Thanks! :)

Its a good question and this is JMO on this.

I dont think she necessarily wanted to exploit it. She had to take steps to make sure the boy was no longer in her house. And she knew LE would ask her about prior movements and prior days. Depending on when the boy really became missing she had to cover all her movements from that point forward and she knew to be ready to account for all her movements that whole weekend.

JMO

A couple things.

Okay this just dawned on me.... did she tell JH on messenger she was taking both children ??!!

No regulations. But these are the DCF general guidelines. And if you ask most will say 12 - because daycare is available through age 11
http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/PPM_Forms/Appendices/Appendix_1B.pdf
05f63c0e4eb75e5ad680701bbf986f8f.jpg

Right on. I saw your other post after I found and posted the article.

I wonder if EG was privy to this info. She should've been. If she'd attended those required classes she probably would've known.

Really trying to wrap my brain around whether she seemed to think it was ok for him to be alone, or if the story is that he was with someone at the home or elsewhere. Was she going to pick up Lucas after dinner, for example?

I think I'm scared of what it would mean if she thought it would be best to say she left a 5 year old home alone.

EG mentioned in one of her interviews that he was always getting hurt, sometimes when she was cooking....

R:There's obviously a lot of rumors going on, a lot of things people are saying, about your stepson Lucas, just curious if there's anything that you want to say about that situation.

E: Um, yeah, um, in the past, you know, there's been times he's, been a boy, and um playing with his older brothers, and his cousins, um, he gets bruises, and he has had some falls, um, falls either could be cooking dinner, or at the park, um... (long pause, looking down) Um. I'm sorry, this is really hard on me.

I also agree with your logic of just having moved and therefore needing to eat out/get take out. while EG having a gift card isn't suspect imo (if jh or a family member got it for her, gift cards are a great way to force the person to treat themselves. it also seems like the type of thing that someone acquires from a random activity like a school raffle), the TIMING of using the gift card (and simply just eating out) is too coincidental and i agree w other posters it seems like an alibi.

parents: what is an appropriate age to leave a child home alone for approx an hour? parents w kids in this generation, is it more accepted to leave them home alone if theres a family ipad/tool that has the ability to reach a parents' cell phone asap? 5 seems too young to me but no kids yet, so im not sure. im trying to get inside EG's mind and see if she thought there was a rationalization leaving a 5 year old alone and therefore thinks the story she is tell LE is believable - like "oh my friends leave their 7 year old and lucas is a mature 5 year old" or "he was sick and likely would sleep the whole hour but he knew he could call me if needed" or "i was watching him on our nanny cam while he slept". the last one i've done for my dogs when they were puppies via my phone and an ipad. dogs obviously not the same as kids but as a tech tool, it worked very well/i could see parents using it appropriately as a new-age baby monitor.

re timeline above; I haven&#8217;t read that the landlord paid a visit to the rental on the 16th. I had understood the neighbor was the last verified sighting on the 11rh. Can anyone explain.

I am also upset about JH making public statements that EG would be welcomed back in their home if she can bond out of jail

1. She&#8217;s been accused if child endangerment.

2. As public as this is, it would be very unlikely they, as a couple will be awarded any sort of custody of the toddler

3. It is highly unlikely her older boys will be alone with her in the near future.

4. I have been reading other sources and this group of people immediate family live in relationships seem to lack basic family values, morals ethics and a living atmosphere in which to nurture children. This doesn&#8217;t include the extended family.

5. I know for a fact that all employees (JH) who work in the oil field, are subject to random drug testing. They are fired on the spot for any drugs showing up positive. How did JH pass these tests?

im still if the opinion that EG was less than forthcoming as to the time Lucas disappeared. She most likely had days to clean up any crime scene. Mm

6. If possible can/ did law enforcement analyze the gps and black box info from her car?

7. And I would hope that those people closest to Lucas have been accurately
Positioned as far as whereabouts for at least a week before Lucas disappeared.

&#55358;&#56594;&#55358;&#56606;&#55356;&#57343;thanks to anyone who responds&#8265;&#65039;&#8265;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#8265;&#65039;

&#55357;&#56384;
&#55357;&#56387;&#55356;&#57341;
&#55357;&#56388;

re timeline above; I haven’t read that the landlord paid a visit to the rental on the 16th. I had understood the neighbor was the last verified sighting on the 11rh. Can anyone explain.

I am also upset about JH making public statements that EG would be welcomed back in their home if she can bond out of jail

1. She’s been accused if child endangerment.

2. As public as this is, it would be very unlikely they, as a couple will be awarded any sort of custody of the toddler

3. It is highly unlikely her older boys will be alone with her in the near future.

4. I have been reading other sources and this group of people immediate family live in relationships seem to lack basic family values, morals ethics and a living atmosphere in which to nurture children. This doesn’t include the extended family.

5. I know for a fact that all employees (JH) who work in the oil field, are subject to random drug testing. They are fired on the spot for any drugs showing up positive. How did JH pass these tests?

im still if the opinion that EG was less than forthcoming as to the time Lucas disappeared. She most likely had days to clean up any crime scene. Mm

6. If possible can/ did law enforcement analyze the gps and black box info from her car?

7. And I would hope that those people closest to Lucas have been accurately
Positioned as far as whereabouts for at least a week before Lucas disappeared.

&#55358;&#56594;&#55358;&#56606;&#55356;&#57343;thanks to anyone who responds[emoji845][emoji845]&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;[emoji845]

&#55357;&#56384;
&#55357;&#56387;&#55356;&#57341;
&#55357;&#56388;

The VIs here have told us he was seen on the 16th and asked us to focus on the time from the endangerment charge (2/16 4pm) until he was reported missing

charliegizmo49 said:
re timeline above; I haven&#8217;t read that the landlord paid a visit to the rental on the 16th. I had understood the neighbor was the last verified sighting on the 11rh. Can anyone explain.

I believe that is just a rumor, not something that has been verified by LE or in any MSM, therefore it probably shouldn't be mentioned. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member