Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #11 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if she maybe put Lucas n the opposite direction then went to OG? Idk, half asleep, sorry, need to catch up here and look at the timeline, mileage, etc, just saying she knew LE would obviously need to know her specific whereabouts and timeline, and by this time she might have had some time to think and try to come up with something deceptive, or opposite from whatever the truth is.

Eta: Red herring basically means something purposefully done to throw off investigators, ftr. In Jessica Ridgeway case, her killer tossed her backpack in the opposite direction of her remains for precisely this reason (getting LE to search elsewhere), as admitted by him in a later interview.

So, in this case a type of directional alibi, fakeout so to speak. (Or not, could've just been bc she had a gift card!)

Just tossing it out there.

More obvious possibilities, close to home or close to OG, and maybe I am giving her too much credit, but maybe she thinks she's smarter than she really is like many of them do. So maybe she has gone though a fair amount of thought if she had time? (Sorry sleepy post!!)

BBM. Hmhmm. She's managed to keep him hidden all this time.

Sorry, spamming because I'm getting more anxious by the day for this little guy.

Any other late-nighters here with me?

Probably because she had been mirandized IIRC and knew if she didn't turn over her phone they'd get a subpoena for it. I'm sure they told her that. Precisely. And the info on the messages she had w/JH about smoking and going to eat at OG were on that phone.
When my ex od'd in my home while I was gone for days, they asked me for his password. I guessed and got it right. They charged it and got what they needed. I'm sure it's different in a murder case, but Lucas is missing at this time. She has not been charged concerning him.
So I don't know right now.
JMO

But wouldn't they had to have known this info prior to arresting her and then they would mirandize her? I think someone told LE, probably JH imo.

I just read that she consented to allowing LE to search her cell phone.
"The court document says Glass consented to a search of her phone where police found texts on Facebook Messenger between her and JH (Glass' husband, Jonathan Hernandez)."

If she was seen on camera at OG, how is it a red herring?
Would she then later travel in the opposite direction with him?

My gut says she did not put LH in her car at any time after he dies.
She didn't bury him, I doubt she had the right tools.
She's tiny too no way she dug a grave.
He is REALLY close to the home or she handed off to someone else.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We was in Wichita last Saturday the 10 th and there is road construction in town . Could she or someone have hid him there, Under rubble from that. Just a thought I had when sitting in bk seat watching out window trying to see if I could see strange things and ideas where he could be. I am rarely in Wichita .

The VI has stated that someone other than EG saw Lucas on that Friday but for reasons they don't know they can't state who. Is it possible Lucas was in school that Friday, did someone come over that afternoon and she smoked with them, and they stayed while she went to dinner with the 1 yr old. Were the phone calls to someone saying traffic was crazy we just got here and second call was saying hey we are done eating now I am on my way back home. With the timeline VI is telling us to focus on tells me someone saw Lucas very close to that 4 pm time frame not earlier in the day. What scares me is LE has known this information for a couple weeks, know who she called know where her phone pinged and still has not been able to find Lucas.

I have seen speculation and a few timelines which say that Lucas was seen on Friday by the landlord. That makes sense to me. And it would also explain why there was so much cleaning going on.

My current theory==== speculation only...:cow:

-the morning of the 16th she prepares for the landlord's visit by cleaning and getting paperwork or money or vouchers or something together

---landlord comes to the home and is last witness to see Lucas, that we know of...

---after he leaves, she relaxes by smoking a few bowls in the garage. Now she can stop acting all nice to Lucas, like she did when she had company...

--Now she is hungry and baby is hungry---she doesn't want to cook or mess up the clean kitchen...she decides to use her gift card for pasta

--she makes Lucas lay down for a nap--tells him she will be really angry if he leaves his room while she is gone...and she drives away with the baby...

When she returns, something makes her very mad. Maybe he was out in the back yard, or in her bedroom or making food in the kitchen?

But at some point that night, she loses her temper and goes past the point of no return?

It is possible that he was still alive when she drove him around that night, but she knew he was beaten so badly, that she had to end it and dispose of him?

:cry: :cry:

Hey! Was hoping that this morning I would see **Found**.....

ScarlettLin said:
snipped by me....
Why does she specify she was cleaning before she smoked marijuana? Is it to justify wanting to smoke? Is it to justify a smell of cleaners in the home? Of course we don’t know what the officer asked but it does make me wonder why she fills in these blanks with oddly specific yet not quite appropriate to the question details....

Personally, I would have a smoke BEFORE cleaning - it's gets you up and going! :giggle:

Amonet said:
snipped by me....
One thing it does is to affect driving ability. People tend to feel like they're going really fast in the car and want to drive at a crawl, but they have to make sure they don't drive at a crawl because that would stand out too much.

Not for me. I take medical mj. If it was strong enough mj then yes, she'd be driving like this....
cache.php

and I agree with PhoneJockey, depends on the "strength" of the mj she had!

Wondering if we will find out "how long" those phones calls were from OG? Or has that been released?

edited to add:

Wednesday, March 14th:
*Bond Reduction Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – KS – Lucas Allen Hernandez (5) (missing Feb. 17, 2018; not found yet) – Emily Ann-Marie Glass (26) (stepmom) charged (2/26/18) with 1 count of child endangerment (of 1 year old, for Feb. 16th, day before Lucas was reported missing; suspected of drug use). There are 2 other charges of Child Endangerment with warrant drawn on booking page; bond stays at $50K.
Originally arrested (2/21/18) for 2 counts of child endangerment.
EG wants bond reduced, will be heard today, 3/14. Child endangerment case continued to April 16th.

<theory brain-dump 2... jmo> So let's say EG was not alone on Feb 16 when Lucas passed. Neighbors saw EG out front smoking (I don't know when) with a white male. For purposes of this theory, let's say this is the same guy she was with.

Let's say Lucas died while both adults were at the house. Maybe they are both in neck deep suddenly because something they did together in that house caused his death. So, both have to act cooperatively for them to both get away with it.

Let's say EG left the house for OG with the baby, and the other person stayed behind and is the one who took Lucas away.

We know she had two phone calls, and we know she gave LE her phone to look through. LE must know who she called because exact call times were given. For the purposes of this theory, we are concluding that she called the male she was theoretically with.

Let's say either LE knows who he is because of those calls, or even because possibly neighbors saw that other person's vehicle at her home while she was at dinner and they've figured out a who that person is.

Now let's say LE also arrested that person and believes Lucas was transported in his vehicle. Maybe they found the vehicle, maybe they didn't. Maybe LE doesn't want anyone to know who this guy is yet because they are looking for the vehicle, and maybe even his phone. Or maybe they have both.

Regardless, this theory changes the search and complicates things. If this theoretical guy is the one who took Lucas away, there's a strong chance Lucas was buried or dumped far away just as easily as local. The calls were an hour apart. That second hour call could be the guy telling EG she can go home and clean up, but it doesn't mean the guy finished his end of the job.

Maybe he went really far to bury Lucas. Or maybe he just went to a local park. In this theory, the parks being searched are based on a myriad of possibilities. One is possibly because of EGs phone gps activity as she disposed of other things that point to the crime. Another possibility is the searches are based on the mysterious man's gps and/or phone activity and they think Lucas was put in one of those places by this man.

</theory brain-dump 2 complete... jmo>

<theory brain-dump 3... jmo> So let's say EG was alone on Feb 16 when Lucas passed. Let's say she called someone she trusts for advice and help. For purposes of this theory, let's imagine it's a friend or relative who we will call "helper".

Let's say EG couldn't face the situation and left the house for OG with the baby, while the helper came to the house with the express purpose of taking Lucas away.

We know she had two phone calls, and we know she gave LE her phone to look through. And it's easy to conclude that LE must know who she called because exact call times were given.

Let's say either LE knows who that helper is because of those calls, or even because possibly neighbors saw that helper's vehicle at her home while she was at dinner and they've figured out a who that helper is.

Now let's say LE also arrested that helper and believes Lucas was transported in that helper's vehicle. Maybe they found the vehicle, maybe they didn't. Maybe LE doesn't want anyone to know who this helper is yet because they are looking for the vehicle, and maybe even the phone. Or maybe they have both.

Regardless, this theory changes the search. If this theoretical helper is the one who took Lucas away, there's a strong chance Lucas was buried close by. The calls were an hour apart. For the purposes of this theory, we are considering that of the many possibilities, she may have called the helper to come and take Lucas, then later called that mysterious theoretical helper or another person where the helper lives with to see if the helper was back home.

Or that second hour call could be the helper telling EG she can go home and clean up. Or it could be the helper telling EG they were done with the job.

In this theory, the parks being searched are based on a myriad of possibilities. One is possibly because of EGs phone gps activity as she disposed of other things that point to the crime. Another possibility is the searches are based on the mysterious helper's gps and/or phone activity and they think Lucas was put in one of those places by this helper.

</theory brain-dump 3 complete... jmo>

Who was also booked into the county jail on 2/21? To remain in TOS, we should not be naming names if anyone has an epiphany. But there's a couple of mysterious bookings on that date. The theoretical man in my brain-dump 2 above may or may not exist, and his theoretical booking - if it exists - might be hidden from the public eye. The theoretical helper in brain dump 3 might have a recognizable name to someone, or not, or the theoretical booking might be hidden from the public eye. But I thought this exercise might be worthy "just in case" if someone wants to go down that rabbit hole. If you find something, I suggest saving screen shots for your own reference in case it disappears.

Derby
http://derbyks.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/687

Sedgwick
http://www.kansas.com/site-services...VWXJR1JBGJTRD841E9GMK393JTBAA555G89SH1925XSC9

This has been tugging at my brain all night.
Caldwell Elementary is just the other side of Lincoln from her house. The elementary schools let out at 4:30. For her to be at OG and making a call at 4:53, she left her house in the thick of school traffic, after smoking pot. The timing is just nagging at me... maybe all the traffic made her more paranoid than usual?

The city recently passed an ordinance to reduce penalties for marijuana- maybe she thought she wouldn’t get in trouble with that story?
http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article154613664.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh I'm like so many of you. Getting so anxious to find little Lucas. Please let today be the day sweet boy!

Gosh I'm like so many of you. Getting so anxious to find little Lucas. Please let today be the day sweet boy!

I am very anxious as I wouldn't have thought we would be here a month later waiting to find him. I really thought Lucas would have been found in the first couple of days.

Where are you Lucas? Talk Emily! I think LE is letting out little tidbits in hopes she will talk. jmo

I am very anxious as I wouldn't have thought we would be here a month later waiting to find him. I really thought Lucas would have been found in the first couple of days.

Where are you Lucas? Talk Emily! I think LE is letting out little tidbits in hopes she will talk. jmo

So did I Jewels! We're not where I thought we would be now. I should know better. She's been more clever about this than I thought she had been.

So did I Jewels! We're not where I thought we would be now. I should know better. She's been more clever about this than I thought she had been.

This is where I struggle was she that smart or did she have help? I just don't really know anymore. I am not good at figuring people out that I can't see. I usually can but that is with people I am with.

This is where I struggle was she that smart or did she have help? I just don't really know anymore. I am not good at figuring people out that I can't see. I usually can but that is with people I am with.

You make a good point. I guess I can't really work it out either. As I said up thread, I'm torn.

I have seen speculation and a few timelines which say that Lucas was seen on Friday by the landlord. That makes sense to me. And it would also explain why there was so much cleaning going on.

My current theory==== speculation only...:cow:

-the morning of the 16th she prepares for the landlord's visit by cleaning and getting paperwork or money or vouchers or something together

---landlord comes to the home and is last witness to see Lucas, that we know of...

---after he leaves, she relaxes by smoking a few bowls in the garage. Now she can stop acting all nice to Lucas, like she did when she had company...

--Now she is hungry and baby is hungry---she doesn't want to cook or mess up the clean kitchen...she decides to use her gift card for pasta

--she makes Lucas lay down for a nap--tells him she will be really angry if he leaves his room while she is gone...and she drives away with the baby...

When she returns, something makes her very mad. Maybe he was out in the back yard, or in her bedroom or making food in the kitchen?

But at some point that night, she loses her temper and goes past the point of no return?

It is possible that he was still alive when she drove him around that night, but she knew he was beaten so badly, that she had to end it and dispose of him?

:cry: :cry:

EG mentioned in one of her interviews that he was always getting hurt, sometimes when she was cooking....

R:There's obviously a lot of rumors going on, a lot of things people are saying, about your stepson Lucas, just curious if there's anything that you want to say about that situation.

E: Um, yeah, um, in the past, you know, there's been times he's, been a boy, and um playing with his older brothers, and his cousins, um, he gets bruises, and he has had some falls, um, falls either could be cooking dinner, or at the park, um... (long pause, looking down) Um. I'm sorry, this is really hard on me.

I also agree with your logic of just having moved and therefore needing to eat out/get take out. while EG having a gift card isn't suspect imo (if jh or a family member got it for her, gift cards are a great way to force the person to treat themselves. it also seems like the type of thing that someone acquires from a random activity like a school raffle), the TIMING of using the gift card (and simply just eating out) is too coincidental and i agree w other posters it seems like an alibi.

parents: what is an appropriate age to leave a child home alone for approx an hour? parents w kids in this generation, is it more accepted to leave them home alone if theres a family ipad/tool that has the ability to reach a parents' cell phone asap? 5 seems too young to me but no kids yet, so im not sure. im trying to get inside EG's mind and see if she thought there was a rationalization leaving a 5 year old alone and therefore thinks the story she is tell LE is believable - like "oh my friends leave their 7 year old and lucas is a mature 5 year old" or "he was sick and likely would sleep the whole hour but he knew he could call me if needed" or "i was watching him on our nanny cam while he slept". the last one i've done for my dogs when they were puppies via my phone and an ipad. dogs obviously not the same as kids but as a tech tool, it worked very well/i could see parents using it appropriately as a new-age baby monitor.

EG mentioned in one of her interviews that he was always getting hurt, sometimes when she was cooking....

R:There's obviously a lot of rumors going on, a lot of things people are saying, about your stepson Lucas, just curious if there's anything that you want to say about that situation.

E: Um, yeah, um, in the past, you know, there's been times he's, been a boy, and um playing with his older brothers, and his cousins, um, he gets bruises, and he has had some falls, um, falls either could be cooking dinner, or at the park, um... (long pause, looking down) Um. I'm sorry, this is really hard on me.

I also agree with your logic of just having moved and therefore needing to eat out/get take out. while EG having a gift card isn't suspect imo (if jh or a family member got it for her, gift cards are a great way to force the person to treat themselves. it also seems like the type of thing that someone acquires from a random activity like a school raffle), the TIMING of using the gift card (and simply just eating out) is too coincidental and i agree w other posters it seems like an alibi.

parents: what is an appropriate age to leave a child home alone for approx an hour? parents w kids in this generation, is it more accepted to leave them home alone if theres a family ipad/tool that has the ability to reach a parents' cell phone asap? 5 seems too young to me but no kids yet, so im not sure. im trying to get inside EG's mind and see if she thought there was a rationalization leaving a 5 year old alone and therefore thinks the story she is tell LE is believable - like "oh my friends leave their 7 year old and lucas is a mature 5 year old" or "he was sick and likely would sleep the whole hour but he knew he could call me if needed" or "i was watching him on our nanny cam while he slept". the last one i've done for my dogs when they were puppies via my phone and an ipad. dogs obviously not the same as kids but as a tech tool, it worked very well/i could see parents using it appropriately as a new-age baby monitor.

I guess everyone is different about what age they would their child home alone for an hour, it also depends on the child. Some are much more trustworthy than others.

But, 5. No. No way.

Hoping today is the day that they find Lucas. I’m sitting here thinking of him this morning. I’m babysitting my 5 year old nephew until another 30 minutes when I put him on the bus since school is on 2 hour delay for teachers meetings. My BIL dropped him of 1.5hrs ago. We are currently playing pharmacy. He’s made me an ID and a credit card. His imagination is wild. I think of Lucas and wish he was carefree and able to play/have a life away from abuse and to be able to be a kid. So sad. My heart breaks. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not caught up yet this morning but my oldest is almost 10 and never has been home alone-even for 5 minutes alone let alone an hour. I feel like we are at the point I could, just haven’t yet. Also, I’m sure every state is different but I’m fairly positive they have a standard age of when it’s not considered “endangerment” leaving a child home alone!

Why on earth would EG disclose to LE that she smoked a bowl and the drove her daughter anywhere? And also disclose that Lucas wasn't with her? Why would she tell them this stuff knowing she will be charged?

Maybe she wss acting erratically in OG. To loud or goofy,maybe they alerted the police to check her then it would be easier to admit it could be from smoking pot other than to day I am nervous because I have a dead body to dispose of. It would be the lesser of two evils. Or another driver could have reported her for driving supisosly. I think she just needed to give a excuse and not thinking just blurted that out because it was on her mind. Hope this makes sense,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018