Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but 1) it was 5 Days later she was arrested and 2) don’t they have to have a warrant to draw blood? They had to confront her with something first, and have compelling evidence to get a judge to sign the warrant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They had her driving a car with a minor inside without another licensed driver. A violation so they could draw blood. Plus Lucas was missing. Under her care. She is not parent. Not legal guardian. She probably gave permission or they would of gotten a warrant. They had Warrent to search house right away. They always check out person caring for child.at the time they went missing completely...

Simple answer is probably blood work came back. They watched her. Checked her out. Then charged her.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why would EG admit to LE about smoking the weed, much less the quantity she did?

Why tell on yourself for doing something illegal when she wasn’t caught?

She was probably high!!!

I'll just be repeating what has already been said. Because it makes her look honest and as if LE can trust her, but also, someone else here (I cant remember who - sorry!) Mentioned Sherin Matthews, why did they admit to leaving her and telling the fake story about putting her by the tree. Because those things were just not as bad as the things they actually did to her.
Yet they were also really bad, that's how far gone those people were (1re: Matthews). I suspect it's the same type of thing here, the drug or sale of it is so common.

As for the Detective:
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article204885094.html
"The court document gives this account: At 6:14 p.m. Feb. 17, Wichita police officers were dispatched to a home on South Edgemoor to a “lost juvenile call.”
"
After police Detective Ryan Schomaker read Glass her Miranda rights, the affidavit says, Glass said that around 3:30 p.m. the day before the 5-year-old disappeared, “she was cleaning then went to the garage to smoke marijuana … she said she smoked a few bowls.”
https://twitter.com/timpotter59
Tim Potter[FONT=&amp]‏ @timpotter59 19h19 hours agoMore
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Police homicide detective in courtroom.
[/FONT]

So yes it is standard procedure there for homicide detectives to respond to missing child cases.
IMO he was probably very skeptical from initial contact with EG.
:moo:

I've gotta run in a few, but I think mj stays in your system for 28 days or longer. Depending on the strength of the weed and the amount a person uses and how often they use.
http://www.honestmj.com/how-is-thc-stored-in-the-body/
"THC-COOH happens to be a metabolite that takes a very long time to get out your system. The main reason is that it is a “Fat Soluble” compound. So, what does that mean?
THC is Stored in the bodies fat cells
Or, more accurately, THC-COOH is stored in fat cells. After it is metabolized, it re-enters the blood stream and is absorbed into lipids, a.k.a, fat. The body loves to store fat and keep it as an emergency energy source." :moo:

Yes, marijuana stays in your bloodstream for a month. Meth is what stays in your system for 3 days. And that's just by urine and blood test. I'm not sure how long either drug can last in your hair follicles but i know it's a while longer.

RSBM for space
I don’t believe LH died from sickness because if he did I think EG would have called 911. It has been on the news and Facebook that there have been deaths from the flu, especially during the timeframe we are discussing here. I think the fact that Lucas had been sick gives us insight into the compromised state he may have been in when whatever happened to him occurred. As for EG smoking a few bowls after ‘cleaning’ and before going to OG is nothing more then her routine, meaning she regularly smokes bowl during the day and doesn’t smoke to calm down, I don’t think smoking would affect her at all if she was stressed out after a traumatic event but is more likely just the go to after she is finished doing any activity at all in her daily routine or an extreme situation.

But what if his sickness and consequent death was a result of her abusing him. Don't think she would call 911 then, she would get rid of the evidence.

I said same thing, the gardening she did needs looked into. Did things up.I think he is right there is yard.
I don't feel a small sized adult female could dig a hole large enough for a 4 foot tall person to be completed concealed, in the amount of time she had, in an area visible to the public, without it being noticed. I'm more of the belief the gardening was Innocent...and probably not even actual "gardening." It's the first time they have had a yard, and perhaps the little daughter and her were just playing in the dirt with spoons and cups or something of that nature. I really think we need to move on from the "gardening" that happened nearly a week prior to Lucas's disappearance.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I really don't think that Lucas died from the flu or any other kind of natural illness. Because if that were the case I would think she would have talked by now. I would think that the prison time would be less for neglect and concealing a death that occured naturally then it would be for outright murder. I don't doubt that he was sick but I just don't see that as the reason for his disappearance. I keep thinking that he had been poisoned. But anyways, have there ever been any cases where a parent or caregiver had concealed a natural death for such a long time?

Also, I don't feel like EG coughed up the information she gave on purpose. I think it is custom to ask people what they did the last few days. Maybe I watch too much crime tv but it doesn't seem off that they would ask her what she did in the last 24-48 hours. The only way I think that EG gave the info up on purpose is because she was trying to use it as an alibi. Maybe she had plans of getting rid of Lucas that night and plans fell through.

I know I'm just throwing things out there but I want to throw one more thing. This has been talked about in previous threads. But it has always struck me as odd that in her jail interview EG stressed how small Lucas was. Which makes me wonder where the weight of 60 pounds came from. It makes me wonder if she guessed 60 pounds because when she picked him up after he had died he felt that heavy? And that since he was so small he could have fit into a small space? And I was wondering if it is true that when a person dies they expel any urine and feces then maybe that could have been the reason for the pull-up? She was supposedly going to school for nursing so that may have been something she knew about.

Like I said, i know I'm putting alot out there. I've just been bothered by some of the details. I hope with all my soul that Lucas is found soon.

This is interesting, but I can't find anything to back it up.

Although I saw something about saliva testing that was interesting.

I really don't think a blood test is given instead of say a breathalyzer to determine current innebriation from MJ. And since the THC is stored in the fat, your blood will test positive long after your last use.

I'm really very confused by this.

eta...not that a breathalyzer is ever used for MJ, I'm just trying to think how they would test on the spot to see if a person were high on pot at the time of a crime. By the time blood or urine is analyzed an amount of time has passed and neither urine nor blood seem to be a reliable indicator of when a person last used. But if I'm missing it, I'd love to be corrected!
In states where MJ use is legal, the police use a blood test to charge something with driving while impaired. That is the standard method to test for recent usage.

I don't feel a small sized adult female could dig a hole large enough for a 4 foot tall person to be completed concealed, in the amount of time she had, in an area visible to the public, without it being noticed. I'm more of the belief the gardening was Innocent...and probably not even actual "gardening." It's the first time they have had a yard, and perhaps the little daughter and her were just playing in the dirt with spoons and cups or something of that nature. I really think we need to move on from the "gardening" that happened nearly a week prior to Lucas's disappearance.

I agree- the gardening has nothing to do with Lucas and his disappearance. I also don’t believe she dug a grave or anything like that. My other issue is, if she did dispose of him while it was really dark, where did she go that had enough light for her to see but not too much to be seen ? Throwing this out there as well- I wear glasses and have terrible night blindness... EG wears glasses as well - could she see all that well at night ?! I know I couldn’t and I’d be scared as poo to use a flashlight to be seen and caught in the act of disposing of a child! Leads me again to believe she had help. IMO

Why would EG admit to LE about smoking the weed, much less the quantity she did?

Why tell on yourself for doing something illegal when she wasn’t caught?

The affidavit mentioned FB messenger texts to JH saying she was going to smoke a few bowls and use her Olive Garden gift card, perhaps they confronted her with that when she willingly gave them her phone vs openly admitted to it....

I really don't think that Lucas died from the flu or any other kind of natural illness. Because if that were the case I would think she would have talked by now. I would think that the prison time would be less for neglect and concealing a death that occured naturally then it would be for outright murder. I don't doubt that he was sick but I just don't see that as the reason for his disappearance. I keep thinking that he had been poisoned. But anyways, have there ever been any cases where a parent or caregiver had concealed a natural death for such a long time?

Also, I don't feel like EG coughed up the information she gave on purpose. I think it is custom to ask people what they did the last few days. Maybe I watch too much crime tv but it doesn't seem off that they would ask her what she did in the last 24-48 hours. The only way I think that EG gave the info up on purpose is because she was trying to use it as an alibi. Maybe she had plans of getting rid of Lucas that night and plans fell through.

I know I'm just throwing things out there but I want to throw one more thing. This has been talked about in previous threads. But it has always struck me as odd that in her jail interview EG stressed how small Lucas was. Which makes me wonder where the weight of 60 pounds came from. It makes me wonder if she guessed 60 pounds because when she picked him up after he had died he felt that heavy? And that since he was so small he could have fit into a small space? And I was wondering if it is true that when a person dies they expel any urine and feces then maybe that could have been the reason for the pull-up? She was supposedly going to school for nursing so that may have been something she knew about.

Like I said, i know I'm putting alot out there. I've just been bothered by some of the details. I hope with all my soul that Lucas is found soon.

When I was younger I read the book “a child called it”. The mom rarely fed him, there were times he would go 10 days without food. She would also make him drink ammonia and sit in a bathroom and use bleach to clean with all the doors and windows closed- it would burn his lungs so bad he felt he could throw his insides up!!! Who is to say she wouldn’t make him drink poisonous substances and he slowly was dying - I keep thinking maybe the “cleaning” she refers to was a bucket of bleach and Lucas made to inhale the fumes. Idk... just throwing that out there

FindLucasAllen (or ):

Has Emily changed her story, or at least the details of the "nap story?!"

FLA's very first post on Websleuths mentioned Lucas NOT being asleep when Emily took her nap. 2nd post mentioned no longer being at their house, so I took that to mean the original "not asleep" story came directly from Emily?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Wichita-17-Feb-2018-1&p=13936742#post13936742

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Lucas-Hernandez-5-Wichita-17-Feb-2018-1/page5

In Emily's interview from jail, the story seems to change to Lucas WAS asleep.

http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=475560153&vid=475560153

If she's changed the details of her (already thought by many to be bogus) nap story, that is even more telling, IMO

I believe her story has changed numerous times.

I can't get Lucas off my brain and I hate to repeat myself but I wanted to bring my theory back into focus for those who may not have seen it last night and are behind. The more I think about him the more my gut tells me that my theory below is correct. Emily did not care for Lucas. There are pictures that show him battered and bruised from the abuse he suffered at the hands of her. What makes you think she's going to be concerned if the little boy gets sick? She didn't give one :censored about him and instead of taking him to a doctor like any human being would do she let the little boy die.

It makes sense to me that the closer to death he got the more nervous she became which would explain her smoking bowls of pot before going to the OG. She wanted to calm her nerves. It makes sense that they would have a time frame of when he was last seen by someone(if it was a landlord who was scouting the outside of the house then based on pictures they could have easily looked in from the outside and seen Lucas in bed) if whoever stopped by saw him and just thought he was sleeping but didn't catch onto the fact that he was ill. It also makes sense from the VI's stressing so much on the dark evening hours of Friday into early morning hours Saturday that in that time-frame is when Lucas passed away and was disposed of. Another thing that fits with this is her story of him napping and about the pull ups. If Lucas deteriorated to the point he couldn't leave bed then there is no way he could have gone potty on his own and it would make sense that this woman would put him in a pull up to avoid a mess because lets be real she wouldn't care about cleaning up after him. As far as him napping goes I think its a half truth. If my theory is correct then I'd say he probably fell into a deep sleep near death hence her saying he was napping. I don't know guys I think between the VIs stressing that Lucas was very sick and them stressing to focus on that time frame that my theory could almost be spot on. The dots connect to it and VI the never disputed my theory either.

Where are you Lucas?

PS: Here is where the VI PB said about him being sick:

From a sleuthing standpoint, I would focus on late Friday afternoon into the early morning hours of Saturday. Lucas would have been transported when it was dark outside.

Lucas had been sick for close to two weeks before he “went missing.” He had a stomach bug the first week and had been very sick. I would imagine his already fragile 45 pound body would have been in a much more compromised state.

He probably weighed closer to 40 pounds by the 16th.

Is this the focus for him being transported?
Or for whatever happened to him, or both?

I strongly believe this is where the 6pm-6pm time frame comes from. I'm not sure if he was alive when the landlord saw him, but I believe the landlord did see him that afternoon. The VI's haven't stated if they believe he was alive at that point.

However, for our sleuthing purposes he would have been transported in the dark so like 8pm-5am sometime, give or take an hour or so.

When in custody they are supposed to look straight ahead and at the judge. No turning around to look at people or smile or wave. I've seen defendants yelled at for turning their head.

Both :(

I'm not real sure if anything was pre meditated.
We were told that they moved in on the 7th, I'm going to assume that JH was off at that time to help with the move. They could have possibly signed the lease on the 6th paid move in monies, less deposit monies and were given 10 days to pay. Now either the landlord was there to check and make sure there was no cat there or they were there to pick up the rest of the monies owed. LH could have possibly been on the couch in the living room, isn't there a big window right by the front door? They could have spotted him, alive, but no one answered the door. She was at OG with the baby.
Either she was pissed at him for something or he wasn't feeling well and she left him home while she drove, under the influence, with the baby to OG.
I think once she got home she lost it with him and that's when what ever happened, happened.
Not sure about cell pings, after she got home from OG, was she smart enough to leave her phone home while she was disposing of him?
Also would like to know her phone usage between the hours of 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm on the 17th while she was supposedly showering and napping.

This sounds very logical.

He probably weighed closer to 40 pounds by the 16th.

That makes me so sad. I think maybe he wan't taken to the Dr then if he was losing that much weight in a short period of time for a small child. :tears:

I saw you correct above.

O/T but my tapatalk app updated and it is SO slow. Every time I post I realize someone said the exact same thing as me 5 minutes prior. Super frustrating. So sorry if I sound annoying/repetitive!!

I am so impressed with all the love and concern on these threads regarding Lucas. I pray for his family and loved ones that he will be found soon. All of you searchers in the area are awesome! May God's help be with you all and bring this baby boy peace.

Regarding your O/T, for those of us over a certain age and beginning to have that "short-term memory " thing happening, your repeat posts are greatly appreciated! LOL.

Do we know if Emily & the 1 year old actually dined inside Olive Garden, used Curbside Pickup, or was just close enough to Central & N. Rock Rd. (Intersection mentioned in affidavit for phone use) to claim to have gone to Olive Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member