Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #12 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the idea that thick brush between the road and the hiding spot is more significant than whether the road surface is dirt vs gravel.

Brush thick enough to maybe have caused the scrapes on her hands?

Yes, this brush is very thick. There are also bodies of water back in the brush (they may be slightly dry this time of the year).

Unfortunately, there have been bodies dumped in this same spot previously. They aren’t the easiest to locate either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in agreement with you, that it wasn't her intention to kill him (not defending her, but saying it in a way that he died from irresponsiblilty or lack of care). Something about her, and the way JH is supporting her still makes me feel like she didn't plan out him dying, but she also was too self absorbed to consider that her outbursts, or possibly lack of care when he was ill could lead to his death, until it was too late.

Just thinking out loud...

Maybe with his ongoing illness and fussiness she just lost her cool! Kinda like...."you want to cry? I'll give you something to cry about!" Maybe along with his illness he suffered internal injuries, broken bones, etc. Maybe this is the reason for the pull up.There IS a reason she felt it necessary to mention he was in a pull up.

Can someone point me to the scraped hands picture?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    417.2 KB · Views: 515
I don't remember which poster who blew up the pictures of the hands and there appears to be no injuries - I searched for the post but no luck with a quick search.

Someone pointed out a few threads back(sorry, I forget who it was to give credit to!) That Emily makes a point to say how little and small Lucas is and how because of that, he was always told by her & JH to be careful, yet NOTHING was ever mentioned (by her) about him being really sick with the flu/stomach bug for 8 days prior to his "going missing!?"

Was his being sick a compounding factor to all the other stressful things others have been pointing out? (Moving, getting rid of the cat, JH leaving marks on her youngest bio child and ex filing a police report & obviously going to get the courts involved in her recently granted unsupervised visits again, etc
I really hope this wasn't a matter of a bathroom accident or vomitting on the new rental house floor making her fly off the handle. :(
Why would she not mention his being sick as part of her "poor Emily" narrative? hHmmmm.....

One area I think we are really lacking info on is crime scene. As of March 2nd, the investigators confidently state that they "have now eliminated the possibilities of him walking away or being abducted." http://http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article203174319.html We've discussed that this pretty much leaves one other possibility......but unlike all other cases we can recall....there has been no reporting that their home was ever cordoned off as a crime scene or that extensive evidence has ever been removed.

If some keen reporter were to do a follow-up interview her really well-spoken and observant neighbor (here he is talking about when Lucas disappeared),
http://www.heraldsun.com/news/local/article201762064.html maybe HE could enlighten us on if he noticed a flurry of activity in those first few days (was CSI taking out carpet samples, mattresses, bedding, brown paper bags of evidence, electronics, etc. ?) and the media just "missed it"?

I don't remember which poster who blew up the pictures of the hands and there appears to be no injuries - I searched for the post but no luck with a quick search.

I don’t think we are basing our scraped hand ideas off of the pictures. I think we are just *theorizing*.

Did anyone besides EG see Lucas between the 11th and the 16th. VI said he was sick two weeks prior to him going missing, the 1st week with stomach bug - the 11th he was outside with the other kids. Did he get worse after the 11th? Did EG just tell people that he was still sick because she wasn't taking him to school?

Did anyone besides EG see Lucas between the 11th and the 16th. VI said he was sick two weeks prior to him going missing, the 1st week with stomach bug - the 11th he was outside with the other kids. Did he get worse after the 11th? Did EG just tell people that he was still stick because she wasn't taking him to school?

From what our VIs have said it sounds like he was seen on the 16th at some point.

From what our VIs have said it sounds like he was seen on the 16th at some point.

Right, but what I am wondering is if anyone other than EG saw Lucas after the 11th before he was seen on the 16th. Was wondering if he was really still sick or was that just an excuse EG used to not take Lucas to school.

ETA: If JH had already left for work - did she just tell him Lucas was still sick so he wouldn't be upset she wasn't taking him to school.

Listening to interview with neighbor again. The man smoking with her was a couple of days before they met. Which he said was the 11th. So man smoking with her would have been way earlier

Listening to interview with neighbor again. The man smoking with her was a couple of days before they met. Which he said was the 11th. So man smoking with her would have been way earlier
I think the man smoking was likely JH. The same neighbor said he assumed EG was single. I felt like the mention of her smoking with a man was saying, "I originally thought she was single because I never saw any other adults, but then she was smoking with a man."

I don’t think we are basing our scraped hand ideas off of the pictures. I think we are just *theorizing*.

I agree. In some videos/screenshots her hands look fine and in some they look red or bruised. My knuckles get like that when I’m really cold. Aren’t jails cold? I feel like that’s what I’ve always heard. Could just be that.

I have no idea. I’m just curious about the roads and how remote they might be.

O/T - I live in a fairly rural area and my access road is gravel with a lot of brush just off the road. I hate trying to cut it back and maintain it - it’s rough on my hands and hell on my manicure.

Enough about me though. Where is Lucas?!?!?!

Did we ever decide if the markings (like bruises) on her middle knuckles was merely bad lighting? I'd like to see what her palms looked like.

Did anyone besides EG see Lucas between the 11th and the 16th. VI said he was sick two weeks prior to him going missing, the 1st week with stomach bug - the 11th he was outside with the other kids. Did he get worse after the 11th? Did EG just tell people that he was still sick because she wasn't taking him to school?
I would believe he was still actually sick. Even people who love their children appreciate the break they get by dropping them off at school. I don't think she'd have kept him home with her for 10 days unless she had to.

I would believe he was still actually sick. Even people who love their children appreciate the break they get by dropping them off at school. I don't think she'd have kept him home with her for 10 days unless she had to.

I do believe he was sick but she could have also kept him home to hide a particularly bad injury she inflicted.

Right, but what I am wondering is if anyone other than EG saw Lucas after the 11th before he was seen on the 16th. Was wondering if he was really still sick or was that just an excuse EG used to not take Lucas to school.

ETA: If JH had already left for work - did she just tell him Lucas was still sick so he wouldn't be upset she wasn't taking him to school.

I think that he was either legitimately sick enough to miss school or he had visible injuries to him that she didn’t want the school to see. My line of reasoning being that I think she would have gladly dropped him off at school if she could have. Sometimes, admittedly, I can’t wait for my kids to get on that school bus for the day so that I can get a little break.

*And when I say “sick,” I mean some sort of illness, whether it be from a stomach bug, strep, internal injuries from abuse, or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member