Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And social workers. Those visitation rooms are no bigger than a closet with sound proof see thru walls around you. It’s an interesting experience to say the least. But social worker visits are confidential as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been in them! I think it's to protect the "visitor", that being lawyer, social worker, etc. from physical harm.

Is this a useful local station? https://kfrm.com

From their page:

Full time farmers and ranchers want Full Time Farm Radio. We are with them from sunup to sundown, delivering what they need to know, when they need it. We are "The Voice of the Plains." It's more than just a slogan, we are out to prove it everyday. If your business involves getting your message to the farmers and ranchers in the High Plains Region, you've found your source KFRM 550 AM.

Or this seems to include several radio stations. Maybe there is a way for them to help get a PSA out to land owners.

http://kansasfarmandranchradio.com/contact-us/

I'm not in a position to reach out, myself, of course. I know theories won't help, but an effort to reach landowners sounds wonderful. I thought the radio station idea was a good one that had come up before.

Beth has been in contact with B98 FM, who offered a spot next week on air to talk about Lucas. I don't know if the family or family spokesperson has agreed to do it or not. More info on the flyer thread.

Been in them! I think it's to protect the "visitor", that being lawyer, social worker, etc. from physical harm.

I had someone kick me under the table, I guess they were not happy with what I had to say [emoji23]

Is this a useful local station? https://kfrm.com

From their page:

Full time farmers and ranchers want Full Time Farm Radio. We are with them from sunup to sundown, delivering what they need to know, when they need it. We are "The Voice of the Plains." It's more than just a slogan, we are out to prove it everyday. If your business involves getting your message to the farmers and ranchers in the High Plains Region, you've found your source KFRM 550 AM.

Or this seems to include several radio stations. Maybe there is a way for them to help get a PSA out to land owners.

http://kansasfarmandranchradio.com/contact-us/

I'm not in a position to reach out, myself, of course. I know theories won't help, but an effort to reach landowners sounds wonderful. I thought the radio station idea was a good one that had come up before.

Beth has been in contact with B98 FM, who offered a spot next week on air to talk about Lucas. I don't know if the family or family spokesperson has agreed to do it or not. More info on the flyer thread.

I posted my response on the Flyer thread and wanted to leave my offer here, as well. Additionally, I have questions about mkt, timing of airing msg, how long will msg air, etc and highlighting reward(s). Please chime in and pile on!

Italics are mine...

Does anyone have contacts at these stations or otherwise know if these indeed reach the target market? (See now that Beth has one contact!) I'll be happy to make some calls from waaaay out of state but don't want to duplicate anyone else's efforts. Can only imagine how confusing it might be for the program director of these stations to be bombarded by various callers with confusing/conflicting requests.

* How long might they run the PSA for us?
* Do they charge, since we're not a non-profit org?
* If they don't charge, and are giving us airtime due to goodwill, would our msg only be run at totally off-peak hours when paying advertisers aren't hogging the primetime with a gtee'd market reach?
* Would the announcer simply read - or record a voiceover - of RMT's flyer or shd a shorter, pithier statement be written (q for , I assume)?
* Should we not mention the reward offered by JH's relative, which last I checked was $8800 or so? And is there a separate reward from an automobile related business - $10k or so? Are both rewards still in effect?
* Your additions here, please.

There are other concerns to be addressed/considered, of course, but these are initially the ones I'd want addressed. I'd like to ask them all of the above, once PB gives direction or feedback.

Since there's little else I can do to help Lucas, I'd be delighted to run point on this.

You were quoting WildcatRunner's theory on kidnapping as a lesson. Along the lines of that theory but more villianous as you suggest.

I previously wondered briefly if she left him alone in a scary place to teach him some monstrous lesson. Someone linked to a haunted bridge that I think that site was classifying as a "crybaby bridge" - for a moment I thought that's what the locals called it. Put him in a pull-up for "being a baby", leave him in a scary spot (one of these parks even) and expect him to still be there when she's had her fill of torture, but he's not. He didn't walk out, she doesn't know where he really is, and mentally can compartmentalize that guilt.

But, I don't know what happened and I'm feeling it will be sad and obvious. Then again, the cruelty toward the kids in some of these cases is some scary stuff.
That's not a far fetched theory. I was about 8/9 & was arguing with my little brother (5/6) in the car while on a road trip with my parents from Idaho to South Carolina. We didn't stop arguing when told 1st or 2nd time & our parents pulled over & put us both out on the side of the road & drove off far enough to turn the lights out so we couldn't see them. It was pitch black, no moon, no lights, on the side of a 2 lane highway on a stretch that was heavily wooded. I will never forget it. I just held onto my little brother in the ditch & cried my eyes out. They left is there for just a short time, but it felt like forever. I was afraid they weren't coming back. That fear was unspeakable. It was also (unfortunately) effective. I learned that if my parents told me to do something, I better not make them tell me twice. My parents were raised like that & they didn't see anything wrong with lessons like that. It was the 80s so no big fears of child abuse/neglect charges or fear of possible abduction in the middle of the night on what seemed like a deserted road. When they did come back & get us, the rest of that car ride, I kept thinking of all the things that could have happened to us out there if they hadn't come back. I made a promise to myself to never, ever make my child feel so afraid. They did a lot of things that I found out later were "abuse" but I had no way to do anything about it. I had hoped things were better now, but I've come to realize they haven't changed a bit. When I think about Lucas, I have so many feelings & memories that occur to me. It breaks my heart & I hurt for him. If EG was raised anything like how my parents were, then I would bet a major organ that she carried out the same kinds of punishments she received as a child. It takes a lot of conscious effort, learning, & therapy not to continue the cycle of abuse. My parents have both apologized for things they have done & I have chosen to forgive & choose to view those experiences as lessons in how NOT to parent. In my heart I pray Lucas will have the same opportunity, but in my mind, I know better & I wish someone could have intervened before it was too late. The most important thing for all of US to do in all of this is to remember that forensics & the law will take care of all the who, what, when, & why, but most likely, only if WE can figure out the where & bring him home with love & respect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, that doesn't surprise me. People are busy living their lives and farming their land. They may not even watch the news or know there's a missing person in their area. I wish LE would hold a press conference specifically to get the information out about the importance of people checking their land and farms. Even if the presser is about nothing else but that. They have to speak directly to the public. Then the news will hopefully spread faster by word of mouth.

I’ll contact the detective Monday.

I think the key to finding Lucas is getting the word out to farmers, landowners, fishermen, hunters, hikers, etc. We have seen countless cases where a body has been found by a hunter or a farmer.

I agree.

Y'all, now that we know that the landlord saw Lucas peeking out the window, I can't get that picture out of my mind. His shy smile, tiny little hands holding back the curtains or blinds, big beautiful eyes searching and innocent. I wish with all my heart that I could reach back through the days and through that window and pull little Lucas to safety.

I just can't fathom hurting a sweet innocent child. Or a bratty, rotten child. Or a baby. Or a big kid, little kid, almost a grown kid. A screaming child, crying child, loud child running wild. ANY child. ANY any any any child. My child, your child, the worst person in the world's child.

As an adult human being it is incumbent upon you (the general, collective "you," not you amazing WSers) to do no harm to any child. To separate your emotions from your actions when you are frustrated with them. Saying you "couldn't help it" is a load of crap. If you never punched a cop or your boss or someone bigger than you when you were angry, frustrated, or high, then you successfully demonstrated the ability to "help it" when you perceived the consequences of not doing so were too scary or severe. But the consequences for lashing out at a 45-pound child in your care are probably not immediately intimidating enough to stay the mounting rage of a coward.

All MOO, of course. I'm just sick at heart over this case, and hurting so bad for everyone who loves little Lucas.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

His little face melts my heart.

An official “Help Find Lucas Hernandez” FB page will be published tomorrow. I’m hoping to be able to include some new details.

I think the key to finding Lucas is getting the word out to farmers, landowners, fishermen, hunters, hikers, etc. We have seen countless cases where a body has been found by a hunter or a farmer.

I absolutely agree with you!

An official “Help Find Lucas Hernandez” FB page will be published tomorrow. I’m hoping to be able to include some new details.

Good, I was hoping you guys would do that!

I agree.

PB, will you please look at my post in #288, above? There is a bolded question for you there, along with any other thoughts/input you might have regarding the entire approach. <mod snip> Thanks much.

I posted my response on the Flyer thread and wanted to leave my offer here, as well. Additionally, I have questions about mkt, timing of airing msg, how long will msg air, etc and highlighting reward(s). Please chime in and pile on!

Italics are mine...

Does anyone have contacts at these stations or otherwise know if these indeed reach the target market? (See now that Beth has one contact!) I'll be happy to make some calls from waaaay out of state but don't want to duplicate anyone else's efforts. Can only imagine how confusing it might be for the program director of these stations to be bombarded by various callers with confusing/conflicting requests.

* If they don't charge, and are giving us airtime due to goodwill, would our msg only be run at totally off-peak hours when paying advertisers aren't hogging the primetime with a gtee'd market reach?
* Would the announcer simply read - or record a voiceover - of RMT's flyer or shd a shorter, pithier statement be written (q for , I assume)?
* Should we not mention the reward offered by JH's relative, which last I checked was $8800 or so? And is there a separate reward from an automobile related business - $10k or so? Are both rewards still in effect?

There are other concerns to be addressed/considered, of course, but these are initially the ones I'd want addressed. I'd like to ask them all of the above, once PB gives direction or feedback.

Since there's little else I can do to help Lucas, I'd be delighted to run point on this.

I’ve seen 3 different amounts listed for the reward. I’m trying to find out the correct amount.

Italics are mine...

Yes! Any help is greatly appreciated.

O/T - I was electrocuted 30 minutes ago and may be going to the ER. Apparently I’m not taking it seriously enough. I’ll check back as soon as possible.

What about signs on country roads .. asking to people to search their property isn’t there a farm radio station there. Sale barns we can contact. On another point when you say she had no help. I think she did <modsnip>

I have thought about the signs and am not sure if that would work or not because of our silly weather but it may be worth a shot. I have even thought of writing on my van and driving up and down the roads blaring ice cream music. That would get attention, wouldn't it? If all else fails, I suppose I could convince Mr. Pink to streak down all of the country roads - in my blingy hat, of course.

I absolutely agree with you!

This is why I’ve been reaching out to radio stations, as I feel it might be a good way for lots of people to hear, and especially farmers etc who may enjoy listening to the radio as they work.

We have also made contact with Kryptek Outdoor Group and some hunting forums, asking for their assistance in sharing the flyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member