Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out i was pregnant 2 mos after i turned 21. I got married because i was pushed into it. Right before that marriage was over, i found out i was pregnant again. The marriage drug on another year plus. My ex worked out of town every other week. I was mom only. The marriage crumbled. After he started visitation, i started going out on my off nights. The house was too quiet without them. I always made them a priority. There was violence when i was married. My oldest was very protective of me. Nothing ever happened to my girls by my hand. Anything i heard of from my ex was dealt in a very direct way. A way where i told him he will never see them again if i hear about a whisper of abuse. ( brush beatings) i have not always been stable. I have had hormone imbalances. My girls are now grown. Oldest in australia livin her dream. Youngest working 2 jobs since graduating last year. Has a good boyfriend. I have been married again since 2005 and we have a 10 year old. I dont understand the violence against children or animals. It is not just being young that makes you unfit. It is your essence. Your soul. I just wanted to show an example showing just because you are young that you fall into that party mode. Plenty of time for that on off days. Mom comes first all the time.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

My respect to you and all you have done to raise those wonderful children. My comment wasn't directed towards women like you who put your children first, who love and nurture them. I was talking about women, even young girls, who have child after child, lose some of them to the state or the fathers or relatives such as grandparents, end up raising raising them because they can't or don't want to raise them anymore once the novelty of having a baby wears off. Or those as mentioned above, have more children because they get more money for every child they have, often spending it on drugs and alcohol instead of on the child. Such as in EG's case- her older two weren't in her custody, and then she goes on to have a third one, and leaves her step son at home to go get something to eat. Those are the scenarios I am talking about.

You were also married with your older two- you tried to make a go of it, and you did the right thing getting out of that marriage, but your children came first. Unfortunately, women like you aren't the norm in many cases, and look what happens to these poor children.

A lot of those children would have been welcomed in loving homes being adopted out. I see so many grandparents now raising their grandchildren while the parents carry on like they're single, with no responsibilities. They show up at Christmas concerts, graduations from preschool and kindergarten, etc, but the rest of the year, they're off doing their own thing while Grandma feeds, clothes, loves and nurtures them into their adult years. I'm sure quite a few of us know such families going through this now. Meanwhile, these children don't have a nuclear family in place- Mom and Dad go off to have children with other partners, next thing you know, they have half siblings and many step siblings. It gets so confusing for them as to who is who in their lives, and many times, these kids haven't met their half siblings, even with them being towns away! That is so sad,to know you have half siblings but aren't allowed to meet them growing up.

Can someone remind me when EG's next court appearance is?

Haven’t seen a date for the CINC hearing. Her next appearance on her current charge is April 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, several people have mentioned checking the home again. There was one case where a child was eventually found in a plastic bin in the rafters of her garage. Hoping LE has already thought of this and torn the house and yard apart already.

Me too.

Several threads back, a poster asked if they had checked pools in the area. I wonder if they are any close by that she could have placed him in. That would be an ideal place for the time being. It's too bad LE couldn't have residents check their pool covers to see if maybe the ropes of one has been loosened and retied.

Probably grasping at straws here, but if she was looking for a place within walking distance and looking for a place for him to be hidden for awhile, a pool would be ideal. It also takes a few days with some pools to be cleaned out of debris that gets under the covers like leaves and dirt. No matter how diligent we were closing ours up, we still had a green pool with lots of leaves and acorns to clean out at our old house when we reopened the pool in May.

Does anyone have a small fish pond at their residence? My cousin has a good size one in her backyard, and you can't see the bottom of hers during the winter months, even when feeding the fish.

Just some thoughts randomly coming to my head this morning, probably meaningless, but we've exhausted most other places at this point as to where he could be.

Also, several people have mentioned checking the home again. There was one case where a child was eventually found in a plastic bin in the rafters of her garage. Hoping LE has already thought of this and torn the house and yard apart already.

Elaina Steinfurth

I'll always remember that case. Poor little thing was found in a plastic storage bin in the garage. How LE missed that I still haven't figured out.

Just an FYI but by sister has endometriosis and last February she went under a procedure to get rid of it. Her doctor wanted her to have it done and get pregnant ASAP because it would help her symptoms. A month later she got pregnant with my nephew. While I get that Endo can cause pregnancy issues I just wanted to point out by saying it is not always like that. My sister got pregnant right away on the first try of them trying for baby #2.

I missed where endo comes in here. Does EG have endo? But this would not be an example of why endo doesn't always cause problems. This is an example of someone who needed to undergo an invasive procedure/surgery so she could get pregnant. This is not something many poorer women could afford so they might be more inclined to risk pregnancy when they are ill equipped to care for a child.

I do know women who were also told they had this as teens or as young women and told that if they wanted a chance to have children at all then they should have children as soon as possible.

But of course having children JUST because you might not be able to have them later is a poor reason to have a child! I am amazed when I read what EG has done. How she could lose custody of her boys and do such an astoundingly horrible job with her baby and with Lucas. If someone wants their children back why would they ever risk using illegal drugs, watching children at all while under the influence, or ever leave a small child at home alone?

I had children young just like her and I had 3 children in 36 mo. And not once did I ever ever even contemplate doing such horrible things to my children. Never once did I party, use drugs, hurt my children or leave them at home alone. I can't imagine the callousness of leaving a poor child at home alone. Children are so easily frightened. I don't know how someone can even cope with the knowledge of being such a parenting failure. :( She has to be seriously deranged to be thinking she has a "side" or a "story" to tell to explain herself.

My dh and I were quite young parents. But when we had our children THEY were the priority.

Sometimes my brain just gets boggled. EG so clearly did it, and yet here we sit, no Lucas, and no charges against her for him (yet). In cases like this, where it’s so insanely obvious who did it and (sort of) what happened, I know that there is a process and we have to wait it out, but I wish there was a precedent in place that could get the perp to spill the info, some way, somehow. In some ways I’m amazed that we haven’t found him yet because my god, hiding a child...but at the same time looking at the maps and the vast open areas, waterways etc., well it’s a huge undertaking. Please EG, please just tell us. This is awful. I can’t imagine what Lucas’s family is feeling. Just awful.

I have often wondered why more people no longer consider adoption. Instead we have a system set up that enables abusive parents to drag out the poor treatment of their children for many years till they are severely damaged and not easily adoptable. I know more than a few families who adopted older children and they all suffer the life long consequences of things like FAS and RAD. It's so sad and horrific.

Why insist on trying to regain custody of children you could never be bothered to properly care for from even in the womb? Why won't they give these children a chance before they are severely physically and mentally damaged? It's just heartbreaking. Children like this are often never able to function normally in society. :(

Is anybody amazed that there is no leaked info .. Wichita PD must run a tight ship

Oh right, because she supposedly has endometriosis? Well, I don't think her daughter was a "total" surprise. I mean, she's had other kids...

Well, based upon what she says, and what actually IS, maybe she just has bad cramps.....
If there is a spark of truth to what she says, I’ll eat my words.My guess is pure sympathy on her part. She blogs with people all over the world about motherhood- what better way to gain companionship which is what she totally lacks. JMO

Is anybody amazed that there is no leaked info .. Wichita PD must run a tight ship

I hope it is because they run a tight ship and not because they have no idea what happened to Lucas.

Elaina Steinfurth

I'll always remember that case. Poor little thing was found in a plastic storage bin in the garage. How LE missed that I still haven't figured out.

Apparently the garage was filled with rotting meat, trash and tons of kitty litter. That was one of the cases I was researching.

Elaina Steinfurth

I know. That's why I wonder if it's possible that he could be hidden somewhere in the home. Look at that case where a grandmother hid her daughter and grandson behind her bureau- granted, they are still alive and were found, but they would go in that secret storage space whenever the police came over to check to see if she was hiding them. My sister had a couple of these small storage places in her home that you could crawl into- you would never even know they were there, if there was a piece of furniture in front of it.

I just have a question. I've looked through articles and I haven't been able to find where it says there were cadaver dogs at the inital search for Lucas. But I can remember people talking about it, saying that the dogs didn't pick up any scent of Lucas. I did read in some articles that there were k-9's there and that they came up empty handed. Then I remember either one or both of the VI's asking something that IMPLIED that the dogs DID smell something but not Lucas. Again, I say implied. So my question is, or questions, were there cadaver dogs at the scene and does anyone know the difference between a regular k-9 and a cadaver dog? Are they not trained to do both, smell live or dead bodies? Thank you.

I just have a question. I've looked through articles and I haven't been able to find where it says there were cadaver dogs at the inital search for Lucas. But I can remember people talking about it, saying that the dogs didn't pick up any scent of Lucas. I did read in some articles that there were k-9's there and that they came up empty handed. Then I remember either one or both of the VI's asking something that IMPLIED that the dogs DID smell something but not Lucas. Again, I say implied. So my question is, or questions, were there cadaver dogs at the scene and does anyone know the difference between a regular k-9 and a cadaver dog? Are they not trained to do both, smell live or dead bodies? Thank you.

Cadaver dogs and tracking dogs are very different, just as the smell of a live person is different than the smell of a deceased person. The dogs are trained to alert on the specific scent they're looking for and to tune out all other scents. So no, they aren't interchangeable.

Source: I read this great book last year: https://www.amazon.com/What-Dog-Kno...F8&qid=1521780314&sr=8-4&keywords=cadaver+dog

I don't know the specifics of the search dogs in this case, sorry.

WPD said they utilized dogs at the house, at the parks and in searching for Lucas but they hadn’t been able to locate him. They didn’t say what the dogs did or didn’t smell, or even what kinds of dogs they used. Well except Blue.

There are lots of different k9s used for tracking
There was a great article about Blue
http://www.ksn.com/news/crime/wpd-k...to-help-search-for-lucas-hernandez/1001657838
Cadaver dogs are trained to scent certain chemicals that are released by a dead body. These chemicals start to be produced within 2 minutes of death IIRC
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...igators-sniff-human-remains-article-1.3324830

A general article with some good info
https://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/sar-dog2.htm

Cadaver dogs and tracking dogs are very different, just as the smell of a live person is different than the smell of a deceased person. The dogs are trained to alert on the specific scent they're looking for and to tune out all other scents. So no, they aren't interchangeable.

Source: I read this great book last year: https://www.amazon.com/What-Dog-Kno...F8&qid=1521780314&sr=8-4&keywords=cadaver+dog

I don't know the specifics of the search dogs in this case, sorry.

I appreciate the link. It's very interesting how they train the dogs to to do different things. Thank you!

I have often wondered why more people no longer consider adoption. Instead we have a system set up that enables abusive parents to drag out the poor treatment of their children for many years till they are severely damaged and not easily adoptable. I know more than a few families who adopted older children and they all suffer the life long consequences of things like FAS and RAD. It's so sad and horrific.

Hi, I'm a RAD kid. What a wild ride my childhood was (shorter stories are sweeter). Can tell you that 1. DSHS and CPS do NOT want to deal with unstable violent guardians, and 2. family court is geared to milk relatives of as much cash as it can from them. No, not 'always' but very common. Certainly saw far too many wards in state custody who should have stayed home but for the benefits some saw in their parents pocketbooks... court continuances are VERY common tactic.

Why insist on trying to regain custody of children you could never be bothered to properly care for from even in the womb? Why won't they give these children a chance before they are severely physically and mentally damaged? It's just heartbreaking. Children like this are often never able to function normally in society. :(

Adoption carries a certain 'saint' stigma to it- plenty adopt for what they can get out of it, sadly. There is a LOT of 'legalized trafficking' of kids (esp since 2005) due to federal bonus funds for goal numbers performed. Let us not get confused about monsters and their access to kids, happens frequently on both bio & legal sides.

Why consider what another wants? These perps crave control over others. Children grant them a specific set of options that those without children do not have. Financial, social status, family hierarchy, absolute dominion over another human, among other forms.

Why would a control freak simple cede a toy or 'possession' to another when they are 'enjoying' it?
This is not about a child's personhood or consideration of their family members, just the abusers' ego.

I'm rather impartial about this case, but I did instantly recognize something in EG's set expression that would have had me on the run from my own mother. A lot of unanswered history in this woman's past that is crucial to answering the questions many have now- defining quotes, memorable experiences, or other, simply childhood acquaintances or witnesses to her upbringing.

(I am particularly impressed with the caliber of new members who have joined as result of finding WS via Lucas. I hope you guys will stick around after Lucas is found to help in other cases, as it takes a special type to be here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T