Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that moving was in order to get them a bigger space and wasn't just some spur of the moment decision. In most instances, you look for rentals, check them out physically, apply to the oens that interest you - then the landlord reviews the application, does background checks, collects the first and last month's rent along with a deposit when you sign the lease and then you move in. It's usually a process that takes several days minimum, so I don't believe it had anything to do with abusing Lucas - with 2 children living in the house and the desire for more visitation with her older two boys, they simply needed the space and had likely been planning on moving as soon as they could afford it - which probably coincided with getting a tax refund to cover all of those expenses.

I worked as a manager several years ago managing 211 apt. units. They were all 2 bdrm, 1 bath. I could not allow more than 6 occupants to reside in one apt. I'm in CA. It was my impression that the number of bathrooms was the bigger deal.

There are different layers, though. Some properties make their own rules based on what they prefer, they also have to go by local fire safety ordinances, etc. But when it comes to DCF involvement, they can be more picky and insist on more rooms for more people even if the lease allows otherwise.

You know, I have thought many times about when I was EG's age. (26 right?) If I would have been non working with 2 little ones and my SO gone most of the time I think I would have been a little on the wild side. I've never been a pot smoker but I liked to hang out with my friends, go dancing, etc. Of course I would have taken great care of my children, never been intoxicated while they were in my care, never left them by themselves, but I think I would have developed my own life, separate from my SO. I just think I would have been too young and immature not to. I'll bet a lot of her friends were single with no children and presented a foot loose fancy free life.
So, I'm guessing EG did have a separate life from JH, and didn't care about her responsibilities as much as a good time. She had someone keeping food on the table and a roof over her head and she could and did do whatever she wanted with whoever she wanted.
Gosh! This is starting to remind me of Casey Anthony!

I guess it depends on the person's maturity level and support system.
When my mom was 26, she had a 10 year old (me), an 8 year old, and a 5 year old.
My dad worked long days, and my mom was a SAHM.
She never once put us in harms way-not then and not when she was a new mom, either.
She later admitted that she did miss out on a lot of things her kidless friends did, but when she became a mom, she had to make a decision on what was more important.
If only EG had the same mindset...Lucas would still be here.

I guess it depends on the person's maturity level and support system.
When my mom was 26, she had a 10 year old (me), an 8 year old, and a 5 year old.
My dad worked long days, and my mom was a SAHM.
She never once put us in harms way-not then and not when she was a new mom, either.
She later admitted that she did miss out on a lot of things her kidless friends did, but when she became a mom, she had to make a decision on what was more important.
If only EG had the same mindset...Lucas would still be here.

I get what you're saying. Sounds like you had great parents!
I think one of the main problems here was that JH was gone away for long stretches and that lent itself to EG feeling isolated and left out of what her single friends were up to. I don't really know tho. It just makes sense to me as I try to get into her possible mindset.

It might even just depend on the landlord. We had friends sneak a baby in a studio apartment (temp military station in FL years ago). Many leases put a cap on the number of occupants.

Some landlords are pretty lax, though.
About 10 years ago, my dad rented a 2 BR basement suite and there were 4 occupants living in it 😂 My dad and brother shared the bigger room, I had the other bedroom and my sister got the couch in the living room. The LL didn't care just as long as he got his rent every month.

I get what you're saying. Sounds like you had great parents!
I think one of the main problems here was that JH was gone away for long stretches and that lent itself to EG feeling isolated and left out of what her single friends were up to. I don't really know tho. It just makes sense to me as I try to get into her possible mindset.

They were (or I guess are) pretty great parents.
Now my mom is doing the child rearing thing all over again with an almost 6 year old 😂

Good point about EG possibly feeling left out and being lonely when JH was gone. Not that it excuses her behaviour but it's something to consider, IMO.

Thanks for timeline PB and Ana for posting here. I am curious not sure if you can answer but along with LL seeing Lucas peeking out window - I think the words were EG "later" claimed he was sick and sleeping. Does that mean she didn't realise he was seen then until maybe questioned over it ? Obviously I understand if this cannot be answered.

OT - I hope PB health okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still contemplating all the stuff that I'm reading...not leaving you Lucas:cupcake:

Some landlords are pretty lax, though.
About 10 years ago, my dad rented a 2 BR basement suite and there were 4 occupants living in it 😂 My dad and brother shared the bigger room, I had the other bedroom and my sister got the couch in the living room. The LL didn't care just as long as he got his rent every month.

I also think single family homes managed by the owners can be a bit more lax. When people live in an apartment complex it's owned by a business and there's lots of rules to abide by, quite possibly onsite management, peering neighbors too. The walls are thin and shared, apts. on each side, downstairs, upstairs etc.

Thanks for timeline PB and Ana for posting here. I am curious not sure if you can answer but along with LL seeing Lucas peeking out window - I think the words were EG "later" claimed he was sick and sleeping. Does that mean she didn't realise he was seen then until maybe questioned over it ? Obviously I understand if this cannot be answered.

OT - I hope PB health okay.

That's a really good question I don't know the answer to.
It makes me wonder though. If she knew the LL came by then either LL called her or contacted her or Lucas told her:thinking:.
If she didn't know until interrogation/questioning began, then it's not her motive. Odds are that her "motive" was just snapping in her own little perfect storm.
:moo:

I'm still perplexed by the wording, "The phone records show that Emily had 2 phone calls made from her phone..."
That makes me wonder if she had someone else call someone from her phone. Who would that be and why would she have some else make calls? Maybe it just means her phone shows 2 calls had been made from her phone, but it's worded oddly.

in cases where family court and GAL's are involved tho, I would imagine they would require kids to have their own space. I know a family of 5 intact family w 3 young sons who live in a one bedroom house (with a rent of 2400... its not an apartment it is a house that site in a group of 4) the boys have the bedroom and the couple sleep in the living room on a futon and in the morning they fold up their bedding and put the futon back to couch. in my own case, we do have a blended family that has been high conflict (in a low drama sitch it wouldn't matter) we always maintained the step kids have their own room. just to be on the safe side.

True - I should’ve clarified, living in and renting in Wichita as I have

ok I missed this because this case moves so fast. who is the LL that saw Lucas alone?

I also think EG was trying to get overnight visitation with her boys and they needed more than a one bedroom to accomodate the court. It looks to me that getting her boys was very important to her. But the reasons the courts took away her rights she only tried to make look better by her words and appearances. But she just wouldn't live it. She was an abuser and a stoner with little to no concern for others and lacked good judgement. She couldn't fake those parts of herself. When they came to light either thru Lucas's tells, JH's acts, her own children's tells or her own actions or words it upset her profoundly. Getting found out was a constant worry. The LL coming over and seeing Lucas alone didn't help matters. Her driving high didn't help matters. She just couldn't/wouldn't live right for the well being of the children.

I'm still perplexed by the wording, "The phone records show that Emily had 2 phone calls made from her phone..."
That makes me wonder if she had someone else call someone from her phone. Who would that be and why would she have some else make calls? Maybe it just means her phone shows 2 call had been made from her phone.

I am wondering if it was worded like that because maybe one call was a call in and another a call out? For example, maybe someone called her but she didn't answer and then called them back an hour later? If it was the LL calling and she was already gone, she might have ignored his call and waited until she was on her way back home to return the call in case he wanted to come by for some reason.

ok I missed this because this case moves so fast. who is the LL that saw Lucas alone?

EG and JH's landlord (LL) came by on the 16th at around 5:30 and saw Lucas look out a window at him/her. This was the same time EG was gone on her outing to Olive Garden, when she left Lucas home alone but took her baby with her.

very interesting....... so could he have told her and triggered her anger at looking out the window???

EG and JH's landlord (LL) came by on the 16th at around 5:30 and saw Lucas look out a window at him/her. This was the same time EG was gone on her outing to Olive Garden, when she left Lucas home alone but took her baby with her.

Especially when her court papers had the judge specifically stating "future drug use will indicate EG's decision not to be a parent". Not sure of the exact phrasing but basically he was saying her parental rights to her sons would be terminated if she chose to do drugs.

I got really hot under the collar when I realized those bruises are from May and in October she alleges to the court that she is taking care of Lucas as an example of decent parenting! Even if I'm wrong and the bruise pictures came in November, those May allegations were on file when the court case is heard in October. Why didn't the court catch that? I understand why in theory, but, just, WTF. It really isn't the courts job to cross reference, that ball was so unfortunately dropped by JH, but there must be a way to fix that so the court would have to at least ASK the parties if they are aware of pending or past DCF cases.

A national child abuse database doesn't seem so hard to implement. It doesn't have to be public.

eta..sorry, this has nothing to do with the drugs part, I guess your post just made me think of those court documents

edited again to add...I don't mean to judge JH...maybe he was never even thrown the ball, I don't know if he had direct knowledge of the issues surrounding the custody of EG's older boys or direct knowledge of all calls to DCF regarding Lucas.

Marking my spot.
Thank you to everyone who truly cares for Lucas; people here at WS and Lucas' family members who were denied access to him (by EG and JH) ... after noticing bruises. :(

- TIMELINE OF EVENTS - LUCAS HERNANDEZ -

A timeline was created in an effort to alleviate rumors and help organize the events surrounding the disappearance of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez. Lucas has quickly become known as “Wichita’s Son” and he needs to be located. Sadly, we suspect that finding Lucas is now a recovery effort. If that’s the case, he deserves to be laid to rest respectfully and surrounded by those who love him.

5-15-17: Family member of Lucas’ father in NM call DHS in KS regarding suspected abuse of Lucas. Family member of Lucas’ biological mother in KS also report suspected abuse in May of 2017. It is later revealed that Lucas told family members in NM that his step-mother, Emily Glass, had thrown water in his face, kicked him, and dragged him across the room. Lucas stated that Emily is “mean to me.”

11-13-17: Another family member in NM contacted DHS about suspected abuse of Lucas.

2-7-18: Lucas moved into a new home in the 600 block of Edgemoor St. in Wichita, KS with his father, stepmother and younger sister.

2-9-18: Lucas’ father returns to NM for his scheduled 20 days of work.

2-11-18: Lucas is seen by a neighbor while playing with his stepmother’s two older sons. Glass is witnessed smoking outside with an unknown male. She later reports to Lucas’ father that a black male and white female were outside their home that night.

2-12-18: Glass surrenders the family cat to the Wichita Animal Shelter. Pets are not allowed in the rental house and she was reportedly unable to find anyone to take the cat.

2-16-18: Glass alleges she had been cleaning and around 3:30 p.m. "smoked a few bowls" of marijuana in the garage. She reportedly got hungry and drove to Olive Garden with her 1-year-old daughter in a white Acura SUV. Glass alleges she stayed at Olive Garden about an hour. She made two phone calls on at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. The calls were made from the area of Central and Rock, near where an Olive Garden is located. (She later alleges that she left Lucas home because he had been sick, was sleeping, and she didn’t want to wake him.) Lucas is seen peeking out the window by the landlord around 5:30 p.m.

2-17-18: Glass reported Lucas missing at 6:14 p.m. after she alleges she left Lucas in his room around 3:00 p.m. while she took a shower and a nap. Lucas’ father begins his return trip home from NM after learning that Lucas is missing. Police begin an extensive search for Lucas and state they believe he was not abducted.

2-18-18: Lucas’ biological mother (who shares joint legal custody) arrived in KS around 5:00 a.m. after learning of Lucas’ disappearance. Prior to this, her last visit to KS was Jan. 1, 2018.

2-21-18: Glass is arrested and charged with 2 counts of child endangerment – one for Lucas and one for his 1-year-old sister. The endangerment charge for Lucas is later dropped. Lucas’ disappearance is now a criminal investigation.

3-3-18: Missing Pieces Network and the family of Lucas Hernandez encourage any property owners in Wichita and the surrounding counties to search their land and outbuildings for anything suspicious or out of the ordinary.

3-13-18: Police announce that the tip line will no longer be utilized for Lucas. Anyone with information is now asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 316-267-2111 or Wichita PD at 316-268-4407.

3-14-18: A judge denied Glass’ request for a bond modification. In her ruling, the judge stated that Glass is part of another separate, ongoing investigation and is considered a flight risk. Her bond remains at $50,000.

3-18-18: The “Searching For Lucas Hernandez” Facebook page was created in order to keep the public informed on the search for Lucas and to insure that Lucas’ face and story isn’t forgotten. Property owners who need assistance searching their land and outbuildings are encouraged to send a message to SearchingForLucas@gmail.com. We can’t allow Lucas to be forgotten and we won’t stop until he’s found.

#TeamLucas
#SearchingForLucas

attachment.php

I know that DHS reports are confidential but I can't help but wonder what actions, if any, DHS initiated to investigate abuse committed against Lucas. DHS was contacted more than once about this. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
learningtolive616