Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have a question. I've looked through articles and I haven't been able to find where it says there were cadaver dogs at the inital search for Lucas. But I can remember people talking about it, saying that the dogs didn't pick up any scent of Lucas. I did read in some articles that there were k-9's there and that they came up empty handed. Then I remember either one or both of the VI's asking something that IMPLIED that the dogs DID smell something but not Lucas. Again, I say implied. So my question is, or questions, were there cadaver dogs at the scene and does anyone know the difference between a regular k-9 and a cadaver dog? Are they not trained to do both, smell live or dead bodies? Thank you.

JMO
I think it would be well worth the effort to bring in dogs again and search in and near the home. Whatever smells the dogs may pickup will be much more stronger I would think and maybe dogs can find him if they try again.

I still think the boy is relatively close to the home. Guessing within 3 to 5 mile radius at most. I would start in the home first and work outwards. It would be worth a try IMO. Wish they would do that with the dogs again.

(Snipped Quote)

I missed where endo comes in here. Does EG have endo? But this would not be an example of why endo doesn't always cause problems. This is an example of someone who needed to undergo an invasive procedure/surgery so she could get pregnant. This is not something many poorer women could afford so they might be more inclined to risk pregnancy when they are ill equipped to care for a child.

BBM

Actually surprisingly enough it wasn't because of that. The doctor wanted my sister to get pregnant ASAP because he said having a baby would get rid of the Endometriosis she had. He highly recommended pregnancy to her as a way to treat it.

Also LilTexans mentioned EG possibly having Endo so that's why I brought this up. It was just to make a note that it is possible for someone who has Endo to get pregnant.

I keep having the thought that I wonder if Lucas is close to home. She had plenty of time to come up with her story and it makes me wonder if she put him somewhere close so that she could say "see, he really did run off" when he was found.

The only con I have to this thought is that someone surely would have seen something, or house cameras in the area would have caught her.

I know several people have mentioned ponds or pools and although I can't see how she would get in someone's yard without being noticed, it would make it look more like her "report" was real.

And I keep going back to one of our VI's saying that IF someone helped her (IF), it would be someone else who also had a lot to lose. I tried to go back and find that post but I have no idea where it's at. When I think of this, I think of another mom, someone else with kids, who if they get caught also, they will lose them......

Cadaver dogs and tracking dogs are very different, just as the smell of a live person is different than the smell of a deceased person. The dogs are trained to alert on the specific scent they're looking for and to tune out all other scents. So no, they aren't interchangeable.

Source: I read this great book last year: https://www.amazon.com/What-Dog-Kno...F8&qid=1521780314&sr=8-4&keywords=cadaver+dog

I don't know the specifics of the search dogs in this case, sorry.

I am guessing that police dogs may work differently, but we gave one of our puppies to a local woman that does search and rescue. This dog, now about 5yo, has been a dream dog for her and she does both Search and Rescue AND cadaver work. She has a different collar for each thing so she knows what she is working. She has national certification and has a little bit of a reputation because she is a Red Bone and not a typical tracking dog. I wish she was ours because I would be involved in every warranted situation that I was able to help with. Sadly, we have never done any type of training like this.

OT but my avatar loves the Red Bones:loveyou:. Thanks for sharing. So cool.

I am guessing that police dogs may work differently, but we gave one of our puppies to a local woman that does search and rescue. This dog, now about 5yo, has been a dream dog for her and she does both Search and Rescue AND cadaver work. She has a different collar for each thing so she knows what she is working. She has national certification and has a little bit of a reputation because she is a Red Bone and not a typical tracking dog. I wish she was ours because I would be involved in every warranted situation that I was able to help with. Sadly, we have never done any type of training like this.
Thanks for helping clarify. What I was trying to say wasn't that an individual dog can only be taught to do one kind of scent tracking, but that the dog can only do one at any given time, one or the other on a particular day's search. The handler tells the dog what scent they're looking for, and they tune out all else. If they came back another day, some dogs could be instructed to now track for a different scent than they did at first, yes.

The dog in the book I linked was trained only in cadaver searches, but I don't recall any mention that some dogs couldn't learn to do both kinds of searches.

My local police K-9s are trained as drug scenters and bad-guy chasers, not people-scent or cadaver dogs.

IMO police need to release a tidbit to bring this back to front and center in the media

IMO police need to release a tidbit to bring this back to front and center in the media
You may be right. I just hope and pray that on the inside of LE's working on this case they have a real grip on things. But yes anything at this point to bring Lucas back to the public attention, which has a short attention span.
:moo:

Or have a family member do an interview with media requesting landowners to search. Something to media back on board

Hi, I'm a RAD kid. What a wild ride my childhood was (shorter stories are sweeter). Can tell you that 1. DSHS and CPS do NOT want to deal with unstable violent guardians, and 2. family court is geared to milk relatives of as much cash as it can from them. No, not 'always' but very common. Certainly saw far too many wards in state custody who should have stayed home but for the benefits some saw in their parents pocketbooks... court continuances are VERY common tactic.

Adoption carries a certain 'saint' stigma to it- plenty adopt for what they can get out of it, sadly. There is a LOT of 'legalized trafficking' of kids (esp since 2005) due to federal bonus funds for goal numbers performed. Let us not get confused about monsters and their access to kids, happens frequently on both bio & legal sides.

Why consider what another wants? These perps crave control over others. Children grant them a specific set of options that those without children do not have. Financial, social status, family hierarchy, absolute dominion over another human, among other forms.

Why would a control freak simple cede a toy or 'possession' to another when they are 'enjoying' it?
This is not about a child's personhood or consideration of their family members, just the abusers' ego.

I'm rather impartial about this case, but I did instantly recognize something in EG's set expression that would have had me on the run from my own mother. A lot of unanswered history in this woman's past that is crucial to answering the questions many have now- defining quotes, memorable experiences, or other, simply childhood acquaintances or witnesses to her upbringing.

Very Good Post. Thank you for bringing this information forward- Especially about adoption- also with people who choose to be foster parents. We have so many wonderful families giving homes to “unwanted” children- I just hate that people have figured out how to abuse the system for their own personal financial gain, among other sick reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is motion in the background when it comes to sharing the latest flyer for Lucas from his official Facebook page. For instance the Truckers Missing Child group just shared it nationwide with thousands of their members by computer and other means.:loveyou:

Approved link to FB with new flyer: https://www.facebook.com/SearchingF...f_t=comment_mention&ref=notif&hc_location=ufi

I could literally cry I'm so happy to see so many people reaching out to other orgs, businesses etc to get Lucas flyer shared. One of the followers sent them the flyer and got it shared. :heartbeat: This is what its all about. Lucas has so many people that love him.

I just want to get answers for his lovely family :( FLA :heartbeat:

Hi guys- I’ve read a lot of posts about Lucas potentially being in the house- while I still go back there in my mind (daily), I remember something PB said earlier about IN her opinion, she could say 1000% two places she could bet he wouldn’t be-one was the House. I’ve spent all morning looking for the post to add to this, but cannot find it!!! If anyone can post her quote can you bring it forward? I think it would be a good time. As a VI I think any insight they might have, is useful. TIA!

Hi guys- I’ve read a lot of posts about Lucas potentially being in the house- while I still go back there in my mind (daily), I remember something PB said earlier about IN her opinion, she could say 1000% two places she could bet he wouldn’t be-one was the House. I’ve spent all morning looking for the post to add to this, but cannot find it!!! If anyone can post her quote can you bring it forward? I think it would be a good time. As a VI I think any insight they might have, is useful. TIA!

(PB, I'm stalking you for this whole purpose :giggle:) ... ETA: I agree. I just haven't found the quote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx