Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about having a protest/vigil at the jail? Make signs demanding that EG give up Lucas's location? Demand that LE give up some information on Lucas and demand that they keep searching for him. That would definitely get some news publicity for Lucas and it will definitely be talked about inside the jail so EG would know what was going on. Maybe it would put some pressure on her?

Here are the issues I see...

1. Emily will love that attention. I honestly bet that protesters would just encourage her to keep her mouth shut. I think we will hear her slip up when she thinks it has blown over and she wants to look hard-core.

2. Law enforcement SHOULD NOT give up any information about the investigation. I would actually be disappointed if they did. There is no reason to leak any information or evidence they have on the case at this point. I hope that the rest of the information we gather is from court appearances and pressers after said appearances.

I know it’s frustrating being on the outside of everything but you have to remember— they owe the public no information. Law enforcement is working for Lucas and his family. When you get wrapped up in cases it’s hard to not love the child. You start to think of yourself as something more than the general public.

It sucks, but we need to remember what we are here for— to bring Lucas back to his family. That will be next to impossible if the public knows every detail before it’s taken to court.

I have a mouthful to say but I’ll end this here to keep from rambling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t been commenting lately but still checking in when I can- had a crazy couple of days. Not sure how we are all still here with no Lucas- I’m mind blown. The new flyer that PB posted made my heart hurt beyond belief. I’ve cried so many times in this case so far and can’t believe how bad Lucas was failed. It ticks me off, it makes me squeeze my children tighter, it reminds me that evil is everywhere. I truly think Lucas wondered to himself often why EG treated him the way he did, why wasn’t he good enough for her? I bet Lucas wondered often why no one was helping him. This too puts me in a rage! Something has to be done to protect these children!!! I pray Lucas feels safe now and at ease. I hope he is comforted knowing so many people are fighting for him❤️

Haven’t been commenting lately but still checking in when I can- had a crazy couple of days. Not sure how we are all still here with no Lucas- I’m mind blown. The new flyer that PB posted made my heart hurt beyond belief. I’ve cried so many times in this case so far and can’t believe how bad Lucas was failed. It ticks me off, it makes me squeeze my children tighter, it reminds me that evil is everywhere. I truly think Lucas wondered to himself often why EG treated him the way he did, why wasn’t he good enough for her? I bet Lucas wondered often why no one was helping him. This too puts me in a rage! Something has to be done to protect these children!!! I pray Lucas feels safe now and at ease. I hope he is comforted knowing so many people are fighting for him[emoji173]️
I also hope he can feel that somehow...[emoji178]

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

Link unavailable or article removed the statement said.....went to KAKE TV on FB and still am searching for story. Have not found this story yet

It’s the live WPD media briefing. Link works for me

Surely they are actively working this case. They have to be. Guess a "breaking" story would garner more attention. Unfortunately I think that's what they're hoping for right now. To make the discovery and the announcement. Or they just need that one tip.
Every news outlet needs to refresh the public's mind on Lucas. The silence in the public eye is deafening.:gaah:
Not piling on when it comes to LE at all. I back the blue all the way.
ETA with the FBI involved I'm sure they are monitoring all electronic means and mining for gold for Lucas Allen and maybe just maybe that'll be the jackpot. :thinking::moo:

She wasn't saying the video was about Lucas but that the comments were all about him. If you look at the comments below the live feed you see that almost all the comments were people talking about how they need to hurry up and find Lucas. :)

She wasn't saying the video was about Lucas but that the comments were all about him. If you look at the comments below the live feed you see that almost all the comments were people talking about how they need to hurry up and find Lucas. :)
Now I see...thank you so much:)

What statistics if I may ask? I realize you may not know, everything is speculation so I’m curious what your thoughts are. I’ve never seen an all out search like this without some sort of evidence leading LE. I’m thinking there had to have been some sort of fact - just makes me wonder STILL about a second persons involvement and replacement of evidence.

There's more than statistics at play here, IMO. One of our VI's mentioned something about gravel roads/parks (I don't remember the specific info about gravel, my apologies). I'm certain that came from something known about the case even though LE hasn't said it publicly. LE is likely using evidence (or potential evidence) of some sort to guide them, they're just keeping it close to the vest.

Just thinking out loud...

This probably belongs in the links thread but it is from yesterday. It contains some interesting information about the training of the searches and some quotes about it by some LE officers.
https://www.inquistr.com/4839969/fbi-training-kansas-authorities-in-child-kidnapping-cases-as-search-continues-for-missing-boy-lucas-hernandez/
RSBM: Darrin Jones, a special agent with the FBI’s Kansas City office, told KWCH 12 News that the training began a few years ago but is now “expanding across the country.” Jones noted that the Kansas region is “ahead of the curve.” This training is the same that is used when the FBI responds to child abductions."Butler County Sheriff Kelly Herzet said the FBI training has been “phenomenal” and is “hitting… close to home,” referring to Lucas’ disappearance that took place just weeks ago."

Hoping these types of press releases and updates help find Lucas and it's good to see his picture and flyers posted anywhere
:heartbeat:.
:moo: ETA I'm just looking at things again...pretty sure this is an update with same info posted before

Thank you, Chihuahua! I tried copying and pasting in an earlier post, but it wouldn't copy correctly after several tries. So glad to see there are updates out there.

There's more than statistics at play here, IMO. One of our VI's mentioned something about gravel roads/parks (I don't remember the specific info about gravel, my apologies). I'm certain that came from something known about the case even though LE hasn't said it publicly. LE is likely using evidence (or potential evidence) of some sort to guide them, they're just keeping it close to the vest.

I don't remember ever seeing that and I feel confident I've seen 95% of the postings on Lucas' threads. Maybe it was read somewhere else other than WS? Can you please provide a link back to the statement?

I don't remember ever seeing that and I feel confident I've seen 95% of the postings on Lucas' threads. Maybe it was read somewhere else other than WS? Can you please provide a link back to the statement?

We were trying to find a common thread between the parks that had been searched and I think we hit on gravel?

We were trying to find a common thread between the parks that had been searched and I think we hit on gravel?
Somehow I missed it. Do you know how far back, or have the link to the general conversation? This sounds like rumor, and I'd like to get it cleared up.

I am posting this here as well as the Flyers thread.

I constantly see comments like, “I wish I could help” “I hope he is found” “I can’t search” “Any searches this weekend?” “What can I do?” Information is scattered here, there and everywhere in regard to search efforts, fundraisers, the reward fund, etc. I believe there are people who genuinely want to help, but don’t know how.

One example: I went to the Crime Stoppers website and I don’t even see Lucas on there. http://www.wichitasedgwickcountycrimestoppers.com/ There are a couple of posts about Lucas on the FB Crime Stoppers page, but the posts have now moved way down the page due to all the newer posts. If someone were interested in submitting a tip and wanted to know how much the reward is, where would they find it?

So, my thought is this: What if we develop a comprehensive list (maybe in the form of an attention-grabbing graphic) to be posted on the Facebook page as a pinned post, that details every way we can think of that people can help find Lucas? Random example here: http://camasridge.4j.lane.edu/10-reasons-to-get-involved-flyer/ And I love this one (with a photo of Lucas in the center): https://elearninginfographics.com/10-ways-to-make-everyday-earth-day/

Anyway, the graphic would include information like the following (and whatever else we can think of) all in one place, and wouldn’t disappear down the page. It would also be the first post seen on the page. (Please excuse this VERY rough draft, not complete or in any particular order):

HELP FIND LUCAS – 10 Ways you can help! or
10 ways YOU can help find Lucas! or
10 WAYS YOU CAN HELP BRING LUCAS HOME or…?

1. Volunteer to search – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604302856350065/

2. <modsnip>

3. Search your property. [Tips for searching or link inserted here?] If you need help searching your property, contact: SearchingForLucas@gmail.com

4. Submit tips to Crime Stoppers
a. By phone: (316) 267-2111
b. Online: http://www.wichitasedgwickcountycrimestoppers.com/

Thoughts anyone?

Very comprehensive- all missing/endangered child sites & pages need to have the SAME info... Recent compilation with bruises lacked SO MUCH I thought oh no, not again.
Those wanting to do something from afar can rally to get these media channels the full details. Give LH context and personalize him (not questions and emojis, avoid the emotional to focus on details).

Re: 'Someone Knows Something' Mentality.

Many people know many little things- if WPD is NOT performing interviews with those LH was around daily or routines, they are failing him royally. Abuse is invisible because everyone has an idea of what it looks and sounds like- like an iceberg, they will miss it almost every time. WPD needs to diligently comb through those who last saw Lucas in 2018. I hope they are, and happy for them to take the time they need to 'hear' him now.

As a witness of a kidnapping & murder, as someone who called 911 DURING the event only for local pd to pretend it away & throw away my reports, a reward is NOT ENOUGH to come forward.
The signs are not enough to come forward.
Their face is not enough to come forward.
We have a HUGE burden and struggle to reconcile how to pass on the information we have, to where it looks like it belongs without incurring danger to our loved ones.

I tried my best and found out things that showed me clearly there is a limit to how far a witness can go before being 'thrown away' as well. Ordinary citizens cannot understand the totality of what those 'who know' experience and how little they have to stand on.
Sometimes we don't have the name, or address, or a vehicle plate, (god forbid) physical evidence, and are told to piss off because THOSE pieces make the case easy.
A neighbor or bystander at a store is not going to have the sense of urgency that something they witnesses occuring is actually a tip. And lots of attention hungry types dump fake or useless tips on detectives.

It is also expensive to secure an attorney, draw up statements, request information from the time of event, god forbid medical (yes there's a litany of debilitating side effects). Financial incentive is scarcely enough to begin to cover the costs of what these events wreak upon us. Everyone is not financially capable of taking on the massive troubles inherently tied to 'Knowing Something'.

Reward money is highly distressing when the victim & their fate is on one's mind. Complicated. Insulting. Can feel like a taunt, why isn't it immediately available for the search & loved ones?
'Reward' as bait is geared to encourage those with the least stress of mind to inquire... those who have a lot on their mind are not seeing a reward as a reason to take a day off to put themselves in the path of 'proving' what they know to be true beyond any shadow of a doubt, for many years to come. Again, one considers all who depend on them & seek anonymity, evidence that what they 'never asked for' will not come back to ite them in the *advertiser censored*, and burden those who depend on them.

To get the type of information that the WPD seems to intimate they desire, there needs to be a sense of privacy, safety, protection, partnership, understanding that the info is actually what LE are seeking and that it will not destroy one's life in the process- again those who are not in this position can't understand how the brain changes things. Just try to understand the difference.

I've seen things that would screw up most people for life, and taken it in stride- this is just life as it happens.
That one single event has done worse to me than all of it put together.

If there is Someone(s) out there who have crucial information on LH, we have to consider how to get them to realize the significance of it (not justice, sad lost kid, guilt- they know this already- but how & why a witness statement to LE in a secure format is vital).

We were looking for links, but then I am pretty sure PB said we should consider places with gravel, especially with gravel roadsides. I'll see if I can find the post...I don't even know what thread to begin looking in though. It was around the time TEQ was there the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member