Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #17 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sje had that practioners note stating injuries consistant with an accidental fall.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Right but she sent him to school with the bruises before she had the note from the nurse practitioner, I would of thought she would of kept him out of school until the injuries healed some so no one would question it.

Okay now that I have seen where people have made similar comments I am going to go ahead and say what's been on my mind. This has been on my mind even before this new article with the heartbreaking information came out now that this article came out with even more info I'm leaning towards this thought even more.

While I don't think Lucas's father had direct involvement into the disappearance of Lucas I do think there is a very high possibility that he knows what happened. All this information about the abuse Lucas suffered at the hands of Emily Glass there is no way that JH was oblivious to it going on and it really makes me suspect of him when it comes to if he's knowledgeable of what happened to his son. Who is to say that Emily didn't call him up at work to tell him what happened (then again they'd have record of a phone call so IDK) and they're in cahoots together? What I mean by cahoots is I mean trying to make her seem innocent to the public(like on FB and stuff) when he knows darn well what happened to his son. All this abuse baby Lucas suffered in the past its not rocket science that Emily killed him and its not hard to put 2 and 2 together. JMO

I sincerely hope this post was okay to make as I have seen other people on here say the same thing and their posts are still there so I assume its okay. If not I apologize in advance.

Right but she sent him to school with the bruises before she had the note from the nurse practitioner, I would of thought she would of kept him out of school until the injuries healed some so no one would question it.
But you cant miss too much school or the state gets envolved. Probably the reason the the temporary tatoos.

FLA or Paddelboarder,
The picture of Lucas holding a sucker where he has cuts on his face , is that the most recent photo of him prior to going missing?

I've just read the article and am catching up on the posts. It's heartbreaking to read "she doesn't like me any more". It's disgusting to read that the allegations were considered 'unfounded' when there's just so many of them and they're backed up by both sides of the family plus the visual evidence, and the school nurse has noticed.

Those injuries on his face. I cannot see how they could possibly be consistent with a fall. When you fall on your face one side/part of the face is going to take the bulk of the force, so how can there be injuries all over his little face??

JH took Lucas to NM with two black eyes?

But! The bit about EG's son saying that JH shouts. I would question that as I had a friend who had kids, divorced, boyfriend. Breaks up with boyfriend, and either she or one of her kids said something about the boyfriend shouted. So the woman says yeah he shouted but mommy doesn't shout. No, says the little girl, mommy doesn't shout. That was a woman who had two tones of voice, speaking tone or screaming at the top of her lungs at the kids tone. Somehow the little girl had zoned out her own mother's screaming but in her opinion the boyfriend shouted. I'm not going to say the b/f didn't shout but I never heard him screaming at the top of his lungs at the kids when I was around.

I don't know if EG's kids could zone out on her shouting in the same way as in the story I told, because they don't live with EG full time and their main experience of what a parent's voice sounds like is from their dad.

I also feel the example given there of EG's boy with a spray and JH pushing the boy onto the sofa is not quite the same kind of abuse as all those examples given for EG to Lucas. We heard threads ago that EG threw water into Lucas' face...we never heard that the water was still in the bottle!

It is frightening that Lucas' vomiting could be consistent with internal injuries. If he was at school, then I would hope that it wasn't concussion as they should have noticed other symptoms of concussion and not just vomiting? But that doesn't mean Lucas didn't later vomit from concussion when he was home from school.

EG saying that JO shouldn't be around Lucas and that JO is a druggie? Even more I am thinking EG talks like those people who attack others by projecting their own image onto the person they're attacking. I want to hear more of how EG perceives JO. I want to hear how EG thinks JO might hurt Lucas, where JO would hide a body of a little boy!

EG in the media interview from jail said that Lucas is just little and he hurts easily. Yeah, much easier and more effective to take out your annoyances with JH on Lucas...he doesn't fight back and hold your arms to stop you lashing out, does he. But that isn't indicative (to me) of anger from EG, that's calculation. Heat of the moment lashing out in an argument with JH is one thing, waiting until later when the fight is 'over' and taking out on Lucas is pure calculation! I don't see this as being indicative of bipolar, I see it as psychopathy/malignant narcissism, and remember the final words on the Wiki article about malignant narcissism... risk of suicide and homicide.

I am so sorry FLA, JO, and all the other relatives who loved Lucas and wanted to save him from EG :-(

I have been saying this from day one. He could of drove that night and met her somewhere. Then returned to New Mexico with the body. Went to work like nothing was wrong and she did her thing and waited to call police and report him missing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep I said something similar to this early on as well.

I have been saying this from day one. He could of drove that night and met her somewhere. Then returned to New Mexico with the body. Went to work like nothing was wrong and she did her thing and waited to call police and report him missing.

Its worth considering. Throw it up on the wall and we will see what sticks.

I'm going to have to take a small break. I can't get my emotions or tears in check. Thank you for sharing this. I hope that this wakes some of the pro-EG people up. I hope that Lucas is found soon. [emoji22]
I hope it wakes up the pro EG and the pro JH people...They were both abusers..

We now know she spoke to JH on the 17th by phone before she laid down for her nap and woke up to Lucas gone.

Glass also told police that earlier that day she went to the garage, smoked a cigarette and talked to Hernandez by phone. She went inside, took a shower, noticed that Lucas was asleep and laid down for the nap. When she woke up around 6 p.m., she changed her daughter’s diaper. She looked around the house and couldn’t find Lucas. She noted the back door was open about three-quarters of an inch because it wouldn’t shut.
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

He wasn't required to attend school though - so not sure state would get involved. The school may say he has missed too many days and cannot continue being enrolled, but don't know if it would of had consequences with the State.

Valentine's day.

I have had a wee theory that I haven't expressed here before, and I am sure I'm not the only one.

EG doesn't strike me as one to be faithful, and I feel as if it would actually be a boon to her that JH was often away from work. She could play however she liked when he was away, with no one the wiser. I have often wondered if sweet Lucas caught her in the act. And now, hearing that she lied to JH about Lucas's whereabouts on Valentines Day, I wonder even more.

What better way to make sure that his Daddy didn't call to talk to him, and interrupt her dalliance? He's going with his mom. (there are issues with this, like why wouldn't JH call to talk to HER on Valentines, I know!)

But Lucas saw something, and he was old enough to talk....

I don't know. But that VD lie isn't right.

I don't know. It was interesting how the article said that the one-year old is "allegedly" JH's child.

EG has a tendency to attack Lucas after she has fights with JH? Did they have a fight around VDay? Did EG take it out on Lucas? Did it take until Friday night for Lucas to expire from something that happened on the Tuesday or Wednesday? Even if there was a beating I can't quite understand why EG wouldn't take Lucas to the emergency room and make up another lie about how he got hurt, expecting that everyone would believe her just as they have in the past? That's why I am skeptical that it took days for Lucas to die and she didn't get him medical attention and just let him fade away.

The Landlord sighting, the article said that the LL saw Lucas through the front door??? Did Lucas open the door to LL or is there a window in the door that Lucas was seen through? I am so curious what the LL saw of Lucas, was Lucas standing, was he holding his tummy or his arm, did he have bruising on his face, did he have black eyes, a broken nose???

ETA, the description of Friday, leaving Lucas in his room tucked up watching a movie and checking on him and seeing that he'd fallen asleep is pretty much identical to the story of the last time EG claims to have seen L on the Saturday.

The phone call to JH on the Saturday! I wish that had been FB message in typing and not a voice call! I want to know what she said and what he said. How does that phone call tie in with reporting Lucas missing a few hours later? Assuming Lucas had already passed away and removed from the house by EG, what does EG say about Lucas in that phone call?

IMO LE released cause they are getting close and they wanted us to have hope.

IMO they probably fought alot - in apartment neighbors hear and call police, in home neighbors don't hear as much. I realize they did not live in home very long, but could of easily been fighting going on in that short time, just no neighbors to hear and call police.

I don't know. It was interesting how the article said that the one-year old is "allegedly" JH's child.

EG has a tendency to attack Lucas after she has fights with JH? Did they have a fight around VDay? Did EG take it out on Lucas? Did it take until Friday night for Lucas to expire from something that happened on the Tuesday or Wednesday? Even if there was a beating I can't quite understand why EG wouldn't take Lucas to the emergency room and make up another lie about how he got hurt, expecting that everyone would believe her just as they have in the past? That's why I am skeptical that it took days for Lucas to die and she didn't get him medical attention and just let him fade away.

The Landlord sighting, the article said that the LL saw Lucas through the front door??? Did Lucas open the door to LL or is there a window in the door that Lucas was seen through? I am so curious what the LL saw of Lucas, was Lucas standing, was he holding his tummy or his arm, did he have bruising on his face, did he have black eyes, a broken nose???

ETA, the description of Friday, leaving Lucas in his room tucked up watching a movie and checking on him and seeing that he'd fallen asleep is pretty much identical to the story of the last time EG claims to have seen L on the Saturday.

The phone call to JH on the Saturday! I wish that had been FB message in typing and not a voice call! I want to know what she said and what he said. How does that phone call tie in with reporting Lucas missing a few hours later? Assuming Lucas had already passed away and removed from the house by EG, what does EG say about Lucas in that phone call?

Regarding the phone call Saturday I would love to know what was said, we know the communication on friday was done by text or facebook cause LE found it on her phone. Did they normally communicate by text or facebook - but on Saturday was an actual phone call?

The things that confuses me some is EG wasn't hiding Lucas, she sent him to school with the bruises, she had him at drs at least twice that we know of, she had him out meeting neighbors the week he disappeared.

I think that Emily isn't stupid. She knew how to put on an act. She was probably a charming person, until you got to know her personally. She probably used that "boys will be boys" excuse every time someone questioned a bruise. She probably thought that if she got a note from a doctor that the school would get off her back. If she wasn't able to send Lucas to school at least some of the time, it's very possible that Lucas would have "disappeared" sooner. She sent him to school because she thought she could get away with it. She isn't telling where Lucas is because she thinks she can get away with it. She had people backing her ridiculous stories up. I'm telling you, she's as evil as evil comes.

I keep saying I need to take a break. But I just can't seem to. Something draws me to Lucas. I have love for this little boy who I've never met but wish I would have gotten the chance somehow. This has broken my heart in two. I'm so sorry to all of Lucas's family, those who cared and tried to help him. I'm especially sorry to Lucas though. Sweet sweet Lucas.

FLA I can not imagine what you are going thru right now and how you get thru each day. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope soon there will be justice for Lucas. It won't make the pain go away but at least you will have answers and some peace knowing Lucas was loved by many and many are working very hard to get justice for Lucas.

MsMarple, as always, I enjoy reading your posts. Thoughtful, accurate, and descriptive. I want to piggyback off of some of your statements here. As a social worker, I am right there with you, agreeing that change is needed in our child welfare system. I can also sit here with you and spout out a list a mile long of things that need to change. I would put at the top of that list: funding. I'm not trying to make this about money, but the fact of the matter is, social services is underfunded already, and we are constantly facing budget cuts. This causes us to have unimaginable, and sometimes illegally-high caseloads. So many child clients that at times, it is literally impossible to do everything that is necessary for your position. This is across the board-investigators, case managers, family centered (preventative) services, alternative care (foster care) workers, and everybody in between. Due to our lack of funding, we are constantly losing good workers/people who simply can't afford to do this job. I have a master's degree, and without my husband's income, our family would easily be approved for the very social services that I refer my clients to (food stamps, medicaid, etc.) I am currently a foster care case manager, and my caseload paired with my required duties is just nuts. Court reports have to be on time, court dates don't get rescheduled just because I'm busy, meetings every single day for each of my 12 cases (children), including one case that is a sibling set of 3 (all in separate residences at this time), documentation legally required to be uploaded into our state database within a certain timeframe, authorizations for therapists/support services payments and subsidies, the list goes on. I have said this before, but even if I was to work 12 hour days, 7 days a week, I would not be able to get everything done, ever. That being said, the one thing that I cannot miss or slack on is home or placement visits, which I do twice a month for each child. This is critical to make sure that everything is appropriate and together, and I always spend some time with the child alone, in a separate area away from the foster parents or facility staff, just to talk. Even in doing this, there is no real way to ensure their safety. By doing this, I am seeing the child for a couple of hours per month (2 visits is our agency standard, we are legally obligated to only one visit per month with the child).
Next suggestion, to piggyback again off of your comments here, would be a nationwide database. We do not have one. At my previous job, doing IIS (Intensive In Home Services), we worked with families at risk of their children coming into care in attempts to keep the family together and ensure safety. There was a case where we had suspicions of a male roommate being inappropriate, and it took us 7 weeks (one week after our case closed) to hear back from another state (one that we reached out to as a known previous residence), when it was confirmed that he has a POE and cannot have contact with children. Not only was this frustrating and unacceptable, but the heightened risk of harm to those children while under our supervision was literally unavoidable. I repeatedly went to CD (my agency was contracted through CD) with my concerns, and their FCS worker as well as their supervisor agreed with my concerns. Unfortunately, we cannot legally do anything based on a gut feeling.
Finally, I agree with your sentiment that it can appear that the focus is more on the parents and keeping the family together as opposed to the focus being on the child. In the last few years, we have incorporated SOS training, Signs of Safety, which is now the foundation of everything that we do. GAL's are trained in SOS, therapists, Juvenile Officers, Case Managers, Children's Division, and everyone in between. While this is family oriented, it is safety centered. It allows us to provide bottom lines as it pertains to the safety of the children at risk. Once this is implemented nationally, I really feel that we will see fewer instances of cases like this. Yes, we work with the family, and provide them services to help them get it together, when safety is perceived as a possibility (which is determined by the court, btw, not by any of us). SOS provides us with the tools to all be on the same page and hold parents accountable for their responsibilities as it pertains to their children and their parenting (which can include sobriety, parenting classes, therapies-whatever is dictated in their service/treatment plan, which is laid out by the judge).
Finally, I agree that if we were legally able to pull kids from the home whenever we saw fit, there would not be enough foster homes or group homes or residential facilities. We are already grasping at straws for placements for our kids, so this would require many, many people to step in and step up to care for these kids. Further, it would require an understanding that it is proven that the act of removing a child from their home and into foster care or residential facilities is equally if not more traumatizing for the child than the actual reason for removal. This re-traumatization then continues each time that the child is moved (from foster home to foster home, or to treatment facility, residential living, etc.). So in effect, we are traumatizing these children just as much as the abuse or neglect that brought them into care. This is the reason policies and procedures are geared towards keeping families together safely when possible. Family can be an aunt or uncle, grandparent, neighbor-whoever is familiar and safe to the child. The key word there is 'safely', which is where SOS comes into play. If we can't ensure safety, then the child can't be there. We just have to jump through a bunch of hoops to prove it.

Something to consider that I learned about from Erica Parsons' case is Rhabdomyolysis, which is caused by damaged skeletal muscles breaking down which in turn causes myoglobin to be released into the bloodstream. Myoglobin stores oxygen in the muscles - too much can cause kidney damage.

Interestingly, symptoms include fever, malaise, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. There are a number of causes, one of which is severe beatings in child abuse. This is just speculation on my part so MOO.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3842165
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3940504/
https://www.healthline.com/health/rhabdomyolysis#symptoms

Again, I'm expressing my own opinion. Too often children and family services advocate more for the parent than the children and give way too much benefit of the doubt to the parent. The goal seems to be keeping the family together and supplying support services to the at-risk parent.

The problem is that parents sometimes lie and they don't always use the provided services. As far as I understand there isn't much DCFS can do to force it except threaten to take the kids away. And while I get angry at social workers I want to point out that they have limited authority when investigating cases. The parents can refuse to let them into the house, can ignore any suggestions and if all else fails they can move to another state.

So I'm 100% for removing the child during the investigation. But that opens the next can of worms; where will we find enough foster homes to care for them?

The prime responsibility for meeting a child's needs belongs to the parent. IMO nothing will ever stop the runaway train of abuse so maybe we have to consider stiffer punishments and fewer second chances. A national database to track abusers wouldn't hurt either. I don't have a solution but I am able to see what isn't working. MOO.

I am confused why was the March 2017 incident not reported to Kansas Department of Family Services until after Lucas went missing? Why wasn't it reported in March 2017.

The December 2017 incident wasn't reported until after Lucas went missing as well.

At this point, I am not sure I can believe anything that JH says EG told him after she was arrested.

Also I am sorry but in no way can I believe that JH was gone each time EG hit Lucas and was the sole abuser. IMO they both are abusive and more arrest may be forth coming.
I think these dated 2 and 3 days after he was reported missing show that they were gathering evidence against EG, not that they were never reported.
They had her number shortly after she reported him missing and never believed that he was abducted or walked out of that house.

I wonder if people like her leave so many bruises and get away with it for so long that they just don't think about how bad it looks. Or worry that they will get in trouble over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste