Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #17 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope you and the family are obtaining some counseling to cope with all of this. Not going into specifics but it appears LUCAS family did everything they could to help him.

As a childhood abuse survivor I know how much can be hidden. And how a parent can flip on and flip off the abuse switch. In my case people knew but help never came. I survived and left as soon as I was old enough.

Tell me are searches still actively going on for Lucas? I have been wondering if it has been slowing down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have been researching FILICIDE (parents who kill their children. Parents and step parents. These are interesting facts. It’s a Brutish study.

1. MEDIAN AGE OF PARENT: 27

2. Mental health issues

Personality disorders

Depression

Affirmation issues

3. CRIMINAL/ LEGAL:

history of violence

History of abusive behavior

History of criminal behavior

History of drug abuse but usually not addicted to drugs

4. SOCIAL ECONOMIC

Lack of higher education

Economically dependent on others

First child born prior to age 20

I will add more as I find it.

And I bekieve the DA is laying the groundwork for additional charges. Allowing a reporter to view the CINA case affidavit/document is unusual. At the least it will be used on Monday as basis to deny her bail reduction. She may as well decorate her cell, she’s going to call it home for a very long time. IMO

I find it important that the report indicates that no relative has been deemed appropriate or willing to take the baby into their home. I know age can be a factor. But there has to be someone.

Sad to read yesterday’s article, but surprised at nothing it revealed.

Just jumping off your post about saying allowing a reported to view a CINC case is unusual- the reporter even noted the judge stated it was likely to be sealed after the case... IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not everyone knows what to do. I would never think to call the DA. Maybe now, but even then not until you just posted this. Family did what they could. JH failed his son. JH is responsible for this as much as EG. Putting blame on the family is unfair and i cry party foul!

The DA’S Office would have sent the call straight back to children’s services. Generally they only handle and investigate matters referred to them through official agencies. In this matter fault lies heavily on KANSAS CILD PROTECTION. No one else.

The DA’S Office would have sent the call straight back to children’s services. Generally they only handle and investigate matters referred to them through official agencies. In this matter fault lies heavily on KANSAS CILD PROTECTION. No one else.
No one else? At least EG, the murderer, and JH, the enabler.

I have been researching FILICIDE (parents who kill their children. Parents and step parents. These are interesting facts. It’s a Brutish study.

1. MEDIAN AGE OF PARENT: 27

2. Mental health issues

Personality disorders

Depression

Affirmation issues

3. CRIMINAL/ LEGAL:

history of violence

History of abusive behavior

History of criminal behavior

History of drug abuse but usually not addicted to drugs

4. SOCIAL ECONOMIC

Lack of higher education

Economically dependent on others

First child born prior to age 20

I will add more as I find it.

And I bekieve the DA is laying the groundwork for additional charges. Allowing a reporter to view the CINA case affidavit/document is unusual. At the least it will be used on Monday as basis to deny her bail reduction. She may as well decorate her cell, she’s going to call it home for a very long time. IMO

I find it important that the report indicates that no relative has been deemed appropriate or willing to take the baby into their home. I know age can be a factor. But there has to be someone.

Sad to read yesterday’s article, but surprised at nothing it revealed.
ESO has a thorough study on it somewhere in these threads. It might be helpful to your research as well.

Just jumping off your post about saying allowing a reported to view a CINC case is unusual- the reporter even noted the judge stated it was likely to be sealed after the case... IIRC

I agree but it’s unusual for anyone to see those files to begin with. Hence, I believe it was done to allow the knowledge to become public for several reasons. First the proceeding on 4/16, second to give the public some comfort that LE HAS BEEN diligently investigating this all along and sadly to perhaps give the family an opportunity to prepare for additional charges or to realize what LE believes occurred to LUCAS.

I'm hoping for something like this to happen Monday...

Charges for Felony Child Abuse

Felony child abuse encompasses the abuse or assault of any child. When a child is negligently, recklessly, intentionally, or knowingly injured by an act or omission by any person, then that person can be charged with felony child abuse. Even if the charge could be considered a misdemeanor family violence charge, most states will allow a higher charge of felony child abuse (or injury to a child) to be filed because of a general policy interest to protect children.

Felony Child Abuse Elements
A person can be charged with felony child abuse when he is involved in an injury to a child. To support a felony child abuse charge, law enforcement must develop some evidence of an appropriate mental state. Mental state refers to a person’s intentions or thought processes which lead to the eventual injury of a child. The level of a felony child abuse charge will increase as the mental state increases. For example, if a person is charged with only negligent acts, he will usually be charged with a lower level felony, as opposed to a defendant who intentionally tries to hurt a child. The different mental states used in a felony child abuse charge are: negligence, recklessness, knowingly, or intentionally.

The next major elements of a felony child abuse charge are child and injury. State penal codes define who is considered a child for the purposes of a felony abuse charge. Some states will consider any child under the age of 17, while others limit the application of this charge to any child under fifteen years of age. The definition of injury also varies by state, but usually requires some proof of pain. Even though pain is frequently accompanied by bruising or scars, a physical mark is not required to prove injury — only that the child experienced pain or discomfort as a result of the act. Some states do not limit injuries to physical pain. Texas, for example, includes serious mental impairment as an injury in a felony child abuse allegation.

No one else? At least EG, the murderer, and JH, the enabler.

It’s not the job of the da to investigate calls they get not attached to an open case. Before LUCAS went missing there was nothing open in their office. Their job is to prosecute.

I’d like to think they would not just have not allowed the call to go through to the DA but would have explained the proper reporting agency. The point is moot as it never happened.

LE might have accepted the calll if they have dedicated staff to handle abuse. If not they also would have referred it back to child protection.

It’s hard to understand why the reports were deemed unfounded. I’ve seen the system fail time and again, but LUCAS should have been removed with multiple calls especially from the school and family. Someone dropped the only safety net LUCAS had.

It’s not simply understaffing, lack of funds or overworked staff. It’s a combination of all those and more.

Consider the Brewer child. HUGE FAILURE. the landlord found him in a concrete coffin after obvious multiple abuse reports.

There needs to be clear and transparent investigations in a public forum. Top to bottom. WHY????? At this moment I don’t know how many more children of a tender age are begging for help as multiple reports to child protective services are in the “unfounded” file.

Until the STATE OF KANSAS PUBLIC has had enough and force changes there will be maybe hundreds of children in harms way.

I hope the energy turns in a positive way from LUCAS CASE TO AN ORGANIZED EFFORT FOR CHANGE.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...-little-boy-remains-missing-for-over-a-month/

· February 14, 2015: Jamie Taylor, the biological mother of Lucas, becomes worried about him and asks police to check on the boy at his father’s house. Police don’t find anything unusual going on and noted Lucas as “fine.”
· February 22, 2016: Police arrest Glass and Hernandez for fighting during a domestic dispute incident.
· March 2017: A witness told the Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) that Lucas was covered in temporary tattoos to hide the bruises on his body.
· May 16, 2017: A report is filed with DCF with complaints that Lucas is being abused at home, with Glass and an unknown person as the culprit. The reports noted that the witnesses said they saw a slap mark across the boy’s cheek and bruising on his arm in the shape of a hand.
· October 2017: Glass visited Hernandez while he worked in New Mexico, and brought Lucas along with her. Family members in New Mexico reported that they saw Lucas with two black eyes. The incident was reported to children’s services in New Mexico.
· November 2017: An updated report reflected that bruises appeared on Lucas after Glass fought with his father.
· December 3, 2017: A witness spotted Lucas with bruising on his arms, legs, and forehead. Lucas said Glass got mad at him and “threw a water bottle at his face.”
· December 16, 2017: Glass was supposed to pick Lucas up from school but claimed she fell asleep.
· January 22, 2018: Lucas arrived to school with numerous bruises and abrasions, according to an interview conducted by DCF with the school nurse. The nurse found abrasions and bruising on the boy’s right eyelid, right cheek, right knee, nose, left eyebrow, left cheek, and left eyelid. He also had a large cut on his nose that measured around three inches long.
· January 23, 2018: Lucas visits the nurse again at school and complained of a stomach ache. Glass picked the little boy up from school and took him to a doctor. He returned to school a few days with a doctor’s note that said his injuries looked like he fell.
· February 1 and 6, 2018: Lucas continued to have stomach issues, even vomiting, and missed two days of school.
· February 5: Glass’ ex-husband filed a report with DCF, claiming that her two biological sons were being abused while at her home. The father alleged that his sons told him that Hernandez was physically abusing them.
· February 8, 2018: A DCF worker interviewed one of Glass’ sons at school. The boy said he got punished for spraying air freshener and that Hernandez pushed him. DCF didn’t notice any marks or bruising. The boy also said Hernandez yelled “bad words” at Glass.
· February 9, 2018: Lucas attended school for the last day before he disappeared. A doctor’s note indicated he had a stomach virus.
· February 16, 2018: Glass allegedly admitted she smoked a bowl of marijuana in the garage while Lucas and her 1-year-old daughter were in the home. She then drove to Olive Garden with her daughter, leaving Lucas home alone.
February 17, 2018: Glass reported Lucas missing.
I'm noticing a trend with this timeline. Lucas' bruises seem to often be reported around the same time each month, more or less, indicating her hormonal cycle as possibly yet another input to her violent behavior. Poor little Lucas didn't stand a chance with this drug induced and crazed woman.

It’s not the job of the da to investigate calls they get not attached to an open case. Before LUCAS went missing there was nothing open in their office. Their job is to prosecute.

I’d like to think they would not just have not allowed the call to go through to the DA but would have explained the proper reporting agency. The point is moot as it never happened.

LE might have accepted the calll if they have dedicated staff to handle abuse. If not they also would have referred it back to child protection.

It’s hard to understand why the reports were deemed unfounded. I’ve seen the system fail time and again, but LUCAS should have been removed with multiple calls especially from the school and family. Someone dropped the only safety net LUCAS had.

It’s not simply understaffing, lack of funds or overworked staff. It’s a combination of all those and more.

Consider the Brewer child. HUGE FAILURE. the landlord found him in a concrete coffin after obvious multiple abuse reports.

There needs to be clear and transparent investigations in a public forum. Top to bottom. WHY????? At this moment I don’t know how many more children of a tender age are begging for help as multiple reports to child protective services are in the “unfounded” file.

Until the STATE OF KANSAS PUBLIC has had enough and force changes there will be maybe hundreds of children in harms way.

I hope the energy turns in a positive way from LUCAS CASE TO AN ORGANIZED EFFORT FOR CHANGE.

I will find the link again, but KS only has two distinctions currently- substantiated and unsubstantiated. With substantiated, charges are filed and the person is added to a registry where they can’t work in a school, daycare, with children ever again (there are other restrictions too). The burden of evidence for this finding is high- higher than even a typical criminal charge filing.
Unsubstantiated does not necessarily mean no abuse happened. But the evidence isn’t there - a child can be removed from a home even where an unsubstantiated finding is determined.
ETA link- http://www.kansas.com/news/special-reports/in-need-of-care/article1281829.html

The call may have been made using FB messenger

This makes a lot of sense if the two were trying to save minutes or not go over data(if their cell phones had data plans) because all you would need is a wifi connection to make the call.. If you are on Wifi you don't have to worry about losing minutes or going over your data.

I’m really hoping someone did take him , to protect him

Honestly, after reading all of the information released yesterday, I would be very tempted to contribute to this cause.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for something like this to happen Monday...

Charges for Felony Child Abuse

Felony child abuse encompasses the abuse or assault of any child. When a child is negligently, recklessly, intentionally, or knowingly injured by an act or omission by any person, then that person can be charged with felony child abuse. Even if the charge could be considered a misdemeanor family violence charge, most states will allow a higher charge of felony child abuse (or injury to a child) to be filed because of a general policy interest to protect children.

Felony Child Abuse Elements
A person can be charged with felony child abuse when he is involved in an injury to a child. To support a felony child abuse charge, law enforcement must develop some evidence of an appropriate mental state. Mental state refers to a person’s intentions or thought processes which lead to the eventual injury of a child. The level of a felony child abuse charge will increase as the mental state increases. For example, if a person is charged with only negligent acts, he will usually be charged with a lower level felony, as opposed to a defendant who intentionally tries to hurt a child. The different mental states used in a felony child abuse charge are: negligence, recklessness, knowingly, or intentionally.

The next major elements of a felony child abuse charge are child and injury. State penal codes define who is considered a child for the purposes of a felony abuse charge. Some states will consider any child under the age of 17, while others limit the application of this charge to any child under fifteenAyears of age. The definition of injury also varies by state, but usually requires some proof of pain. Even though pain is frequently accompanied by bruising or scars, a physical mark is not required to prove injury — only that the child experienced pain or discomfort as a result of the act. Some states do not limit injuries to physical pain. Texas, for example, includes serious mental impairment as an injury in a felony child abuse allegation.

I can only get in old format of Websleuths after the nationwide software updates and it’s cumbersome. Trying to figure it out. It happened with every site on my phone.

A quick search of State of Kansas Statutes for serious child abuse I found this:

Home »Statute »Chapter 21 »Article 56 »Section 2 »
2012 Statute

Prev Article 56. - CRIMES AFFECTING FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS AND CHILDREN Next

21-5602. Abuse of a child. (a) Abuse of a child is knowingly:
(1) Torturing or cruelly beating any child under the age of 18 years;
(2) shaking any child under the age of 18 years which results in great bodily harm to the child; or
(3) inflicting cruel and inhuman corporal punishment upon any child under the age of 18 years.
(b) Abuse of a child is a severity level 5, person felony.
(c) A person who violates the provisions of this section may also be prosecuted for, convicted of, and punished for any form of battery or homicide.

I think I am going to be up all night again. My head is pounding. Between this new information on Lucas and losing my Andee on Thursday I am unconsolable.

A vet who was taking over for mine gave Andee the wrong allergy medicine and killed him. My little grandson is crying for him too.

As for Lucas I can't wait till Monday. I hope they have more evidence and charges for her. She sits there thinking she is smarter than everyone else. She forgets God knows what she has done.

She did not get away with it..

Im so sorry. :grouphug:

I’m really hoping someone did take him , to protect him

I hope so too. Do I think thats the case? No. And if they did, would the law protect them? No. I wish someone had the backing from the law to do this, but they didn't and they don't. This is what people can't seem to understand when asking what the family did to save Lucas. The answer is, they did everything they possibly could do. If they had of taken Lucas, they would have been arrested and Lucas would be right back where he ended up anyway. Back with the <modsnip>. Unfortunately, the law just doesn't work like that.

The only way for child protection to change is for the public to be so angry and demand it from their elected officials.

LUCAS IS THE SECOND child to come to harmscway in recent memory.

I hope the public is angry enough now.

The change I linked to above came because people were VERY upset with how it was being done before. Healthy children happy children non-abused children taken from homes because of money basically. People lived in fear daily- everyone I knew whispered how horrible it was. It seems KS cannot find and maintain a proper balance, a good median standard.

That’s my experience with several states. Consider the HART FAMILY Multiple reports in multiple states, hid kids homeschooled. Washington was investigating at the time of this incident.

But I strongly believe reform is at least part of the answer with an oversite board making the questionable cases a target. The board should not be child protection employees alone but at least one public member and one elected official.

For many different reasons SOME child protection employees just cannot get it right. So perhaps a confidential full time board/committee can do it for them. Two children that we know if are two to many. Because there are many we don’t see.

I agree with LE and Mark Klass. LUCAS wasn’t taken nor did he leave if his own accord. TES said it correctly. Same as CA. I hope LUCAS legacy is going to be monumental change. Kids should not hurt, suffer or die by the hands of evil parents. What does that say about our system and our American culture??????

Percentages and statistics strongly suggest LUCAS will not be found alive. Klass said it was wishful thinking and I believe him.

After he is found I hope people direct their energy to change.

I’m goung to ask Tricia if I can post your elected officials names and phone numbers.

Again and again until someone picks up the ball. I can help but I’m nit a Kansas resident. I have enough experience with kids who were removed that should not have been and very sadly kids who were left, lost in the system and some who died.

So there it is.

ADMIN TELL ME IF I CAN POST NAMES AND NUMBERS IF ELECTED OFFICIALS. LETS BE THE ONES WHO FOUND A GROUP That begins positive CHANGE. .

I'm noticing a trend with this timeline. Lucas' bruises seem to often be reported around the same time each month, more or less, indicating her hormonal cycle as possibly yet another input to her violent behavior. Poor little Lucas didn't stand a chance with this drug induced and crazed woman.

I would say the monthly recurrence probably has more to do with JH's work schedule.

Morning all.
Left laptop back at home so checking in by stupid phone today.
As always praying hoping and wishing today is THE day for Lucas :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member