Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #17 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be willing to bet EG's main motivation when it came to her sons was to get 50/50 custody to minimize her child support liability.

But she didn't pay child support. Didn't she tell a judge that JH had agreed to try to pay it if he had any money left over after taking care of his own family? I would be shocked if he ever had "money left over".

Just jumping off your post about saying allowing a reported to view a CINC case is unusual- the reporter even noted the judge stated it was likely to be sealed after the case... IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree but it’s unusual for anyone to see those files to begin with. Hence, I believe it was done to allow the knowledge to become public for several reasons. First the proceeding on 4/16, second to give the public some comfort that LE HAS BEEN diligently investigating this all along and sadly to perhaps give the family an opportunity to prepare for additional charges or to realize what LE believes occurred to LUCAS.[/QUOTE]I agree. In addition, perhaps they were concerned about the smack against JO, as well as the potentially questionable , and felt releasing the information might bring some of that down a notch. It would not surprise me one bit to hear JO has been receiving threats against her safety.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

The only way for child protection to change is for the public to be so angry and demand it from their elected officials.

LUCAS IS THE SECOND child to come to harmscway in recent memory.

I hope the public is angry enough now.

The change I linked to above came because people were VERY upset with how it was being done before. Healthy children happy children non-abused children taken from homes because of money basically. People lived in fear daily- everyone I knew whispered how horrible it was. It seems KS cannot find and maintain a proper balance, a good median standard.

Ok, a couple quick thoughts:

This "unknown perpetrator" could be really important. I think we should discuss this.

Could EG have left Lucas home when she went to OG because she was meeting a male "friend" there?

I'm surprised at how many are saying that they don't think that JH was abusive towards Lucas or not as abusive in general. First of all, what is "more abusive"? More often? More severe? Does it matter? Secondly, everything we have heard about JH from the police reports of the domestic violence with EG, to EG's kids saying he "uses loud voices" and "bad words", him getting defensive when family members talked about it, his nonchalance about it on the news... everything shows us that JH is abusive. I'm not sure why so many think he didn't abuse Lucas, too. Of course we don't KNOW that he did, but the chances that he did when he was abusive towards everyone else, are way higher than the chances that he wasn't.

And one more point that doesn't need to be discussed because it's a sensitive topic, but I think people should really reflect on: when we're talking about "how can we prevent this from happening?", I think one thing we can do as concerned members of society, is look at society's acceptance of using violence against children at ANY level. How much easier would it be to spot, and even for the children to recognize their own abuse, if we stopped drawing subjective lines about what is an acceptable level of violence and what isn't? Again, I'm not trying to start a debate, it's just food for thought.

Morning all.
Left laptop back at home so checking in by stupid phone today.
As always praying hoping and wishing today is THE day for Lucas :heartbeat:

Morning Chi! It would be great if Lucas is found this weekend!

<modsnip>

I wonder if the Landlord can verify that the door would not shut.
It's the same likely story as with Mariah Woods, and Sharin Mathews. That ubiqiutous back door.
I don't buy it.

This "unknown perpetrator" could be really important. I think we should discuss this.

Could EG have left Lucas home when she went to OG because she was meeting a male "friend" there?

I'm surprised at how many are saying that they don't think that JH was abusive towards Lucas or not as abusive in general. First of all, what is "more abusive"? More often? More severe? Does it matter? Secondly, everything we have heard about JH from the police reports of the domestic violence with EG, to EG's kids saying he "uses loud voices" and "bad words", him getting defensive when family members talked about it, his nonchalance about it on the news... everything shows us that JH is abusive. I'm not sure why so many think he didn't abuse Lucas, too. Of course we don't KNOW that he did, but the chances that he did when he was abusive towards everyone else, are way higher than the chances that he wasn't.

And one more point that doesn't need to be discussed because it's a sensitive topic, but I think people should really reflect on: when we're talking about "how can we prevent this from happening?", I think one thing we can do as concerned members of society, is look at society's acceptance of using violence against children at ANY level. How much easier would it be to spot, and even for the children to recognize their own abuse, if we stopped drawing subjective lines about what is an acceptable level of violence and what isn't? Again, I'm not trying to start a debate, it's just food for thought.

JH abused his son by allowing EG's abuse to him. He knew it was going on and left for 20 days at a time, denied family access to Lucas and Lucas access to those who loved him. Neglect is abuse and this screams neglect!
I also think JH was more thank likely verbally abusive......to everyone in the household and his extended family. I think that's just his style.
But the absolute neglect of Lucas and his alleged daughter says it all to me.
Plus he knew EG was (at least) getting high while his children were in her care. That's neglect too. I could go on and on, but child neglect screams at the top of it's lungs here and I am livid about it!

I wonder if the Landlord can verify that the door would not shut.
It's the same likely story as with Mariah Woods, and Sharin Mathews. That ubiqiutous back door.
I don't buy it.

And Haleigh Cummings.
Plus all of these occurred during "sleep" time. And they all had an unbiological "parent" involved.

Ive joined the sitting on hands club. Its just too much lately. Uggg.

Did find this article interesting. Proves she should never be around kids ever.

She did not even followup with court order.

"She did not complete a court-ordered class on “parenting in a home with anger/violence nor a co-parenting class,” the affidavit says."

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208094544.html

I hope so too. Do I think thats the case? No. And if they did, would the law protect them? No. I wish someone had the backing from the law to do this, but they didn't and they don't. This is what people can't seem to understand when asking what the family did to save Lucas. The answer is, they did everything they possibly could do. If they had of taken Lucas, they would have been arrested and Lucas would be right back where he ended up anyway. Back with the <modsnip>. Unfortunately, the law just doesn't work like that.

...and he would be placed back in the house with EG who would be even more angry and resentful than usual.

Valentine's day.

I have had a wee theory that I haven't expressed here before, and I am sure I'm not the only one.

EG doesn't strike me as one to be faithful, and I feel as if it would actually be a boon to her that JH was often away from work. She could play however she liked when he was away, with no one the wiser. I have often wondered if sweet Lucas caught her in the act. And now, hearing that she lied to JH about Lucas's whereabouts on Valentines Day, I wonder even more.

What better way to make sure that his Daddy didn't call to talk to him, and interrupt her dalliance? He's going with his mom. (there are issues with this, like why wouldn't JH call to talk to HER on Valentines, I know!)

But Lucas saw something, and he was old enough to talk....

I don't know. But that VD lie isn't right.

Am I the only one who saw something in the recent article that detailed the abuse on Lucas? It had to do with a welfare check on Lucas on VD. It is no long in the article and I see that the article was updated. Don't want to say anything further since I have nothing to quote because it was removed. Please remove this post if not allowed.

Am I the only one who saw something in the recent article that detailed the abuse on Lucas? It had to do with a welfare check on Lucas on VD. It is no long in the article and I see that the article was updated. Don't want to say anything further since I have nothing to quote because it was removed. Please remove this post if not allowed.
I did see that, it said JO requested the check on 2/14/2015, and that "Lucas was fine."

The entry is still there, its the first part of the timeline portion of the article.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Yes. VD 2015 or 2016 JO called to make sure Lucas was ok. I saw it and it stood out to me too.

I recall seeing a reference to Feb 14, 2015

The change I linked to above came because people were VERY upset with how it was being done before. Healthy children happy children non-abused children taken from homes because of money basically. People lived in fear daily- everyone I knew whispered how horrible it was. It seems KS cannot find and maintain a proper balance, a good median standard.

Debate might be a great thing now while this is fresh. I have been very impressed with the general compassion and supreme intelligence on this site. After working with a former female governor from Alaska I am amazed.

Anyway. I’m going to look at a new phone and in the meantime. Here’s what I’ve been trying to post.

That’s my experience with several states. Consider the HART FAMILY Multiple reports in multiple states, hid kids homeschooled. Washington was investigating at the time of this incident.

But I strongly believe reform is at least part of the answer with an oversite board making the questionable cases a target. The board should not be child protection employees alone but at least one public member and one elected official.

For many different reasons SOME child protection employees just cannot get it right. So perhaps a confidential full time board/committee can do it for them. Two children that we know if are two to many. Because there are many we don’t see.

I agree with LE and Mark Klass. LUCAS wasn’t taken nor did he leave if his own accord. TES said it correctly. Same as CA. I hope LUCAS legacy is going to be monumental change. Kids should not hurt, suffer or die by the hands of evil parents. What does that say about our system and our American culture??????

Percentages and statistics strongly suggest LUCAS will not be found alive. Klass said it was wishful thinking and I believe him.

After he is found I hope people direct their energy to change.

I’m goung to ask Tricia if I can post your elected officials names and phone numbers.

Again and again until someone picks up the ball. I can help but I’m nit a Kansas resident. I have enough experience with kids who were removed that should not have been and very sadly kids who were left, lost in the system and some who died.

So there it is.

ADMIN TELL ME IF I CAN POST NAMES AND NUMBERS IF ELECTED OFFICIALS. LETS BE THE ONES WHO FOUND A GROUP That begins positive CHANGE. .

Why do you think the court allowed the contents of the filing to be public? Also, we don't see the actual filing so could there be even more? Maybe the judge only allowed portions to be made public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes