Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything with a specific time - just early morning reference

"I keep thinking and I keep thinking what could have happened, you know. And I keep thinking back to these two people that were outside of my house a few days prior. A black man and white woman," Glass said.
Investigator Devon Fasbinder asked if Glass knew these people.
"No," she answered. "They were standing outside and talking and smoking a cigarette and it was actually pretty early morning so I went out there to be like hey is everything okay? Do you need to come inside? Are you stranded? They were just like, no and just like looked at me like I offended them or something."
She continued, "And I said okay, I'm sorry. It's cold outside and I didn't know if you needed to come in. I was just being nice. They stuck around for maybe another 15 or 20 minutes. I actually did snap a picture of them walking away because I wanted to send it to their dad to say hey this is what's going on. Because I'm at home alone."
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/St...pear-in-court-Monday-afternoon-475174883.html

Still searching for any other articles that give a specific time.

I'm certain somewhere I did see a 3:00 a.m. reference. I remember thinking what the heck is she doing up at 3 in the morning?

This face book statement from yesterday doesn't sound like JH is happy with the police investigation.

" I cant begin to explain how agonizing it is, as a parent, to know nothing is being done to find out who is responsible and where Lucas may be."

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.hernandez.942

I caught that too. I'm sure he's aware of LE, TES, and all the wonderful personal searchers. I think he really meant it in reference to raising money to hire the PI who he hopes can get to the bottom of this.

This face book statement from yesterday doesn't sound like JH is happy with the police investigation.

" I cant begin to explain how agonizing it is, as a parent, to know nothing is being done to find out who is responsible and where Lucas may be."

Could someone chuck a couple of Diet Pepsis over here? I've chained myself to the bench.

On second thought, probably best to just roll them. Hard to catch with numb hands. (Doh)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I am back on page 18 but I had to comment on this. Can you please tell me what you mean by the last little paragraph here?
That means in layman's terms that the attorney provided to them was not good enough or not adequate to defend them.

(also should of been spelled counsel)
grrrr typed from my phone
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What?? I'm at a loss here. Can someone explain what this means? How are the searches by LE and the community nothing? How are the charges against EG nothing? What would make JH feel that someone is doing something? Is that post still up?

That means in layman's terms that the attorney provided to them was not good enough or not adequate to defend them.

(also should of been spelled counsel)
grrrr typed from my phone

I am referring to what you meant about Emily asking for an appeal and getting one because she didn't have effective counsel. You also said they would win the appeal. I was curious about that. If it was a slam dunk to win an appeal because of having ineffective counsel wouldn't everyone do that? Or maybe I'm just not understanding.

I am referring to what you meant about Emily asking for an appeal and getting one because she didn't have effective counsel. You also said they would win the appeal. I was curious about that. If it was a slam dunk to win an appeal because of having ineffective counsel wouldn't everyone do that? Or maybe I'm just not understanding.
You have know idea how many cases win appeals for not having effective counsel. That is one of the first things they try. That is why I think the public defenders office is not defending EG.

Its unbelievable the chances a criminal gets even when without a doubt they are guilty and deserve a greater punishment than they ever will receive.

(Almost everyone does try to pull that one that's why they make sure they have adequate representation.)

Finally caught up. There's been some good conversation today. But I want to comment first on the fiance thing. Was this something that was very recent? Like, possibly the day Emily went to Olive Garden? This is what I was theorizing. Emily tells Jonathan she smoked some bowls and is going to OG. He has no clue she has left Lucas at home. Landlord goes to the house, sees Lucas in the window, knocks and gets no answer, maybe calls Emily and gets no answer, then he calls Jonathan and says hey, are you guys home? I see the little boy here but nobody is answering. Jonathan calls Emily and says why in the hell did you leave Lucas home by himself? Tells her he is done and the engagement is off. Emily goes back home and is pissed. Takes it out on Lucas.

It just seems weird that they were no longer engaged but she was still taking care of Lucas. Back in my younger years and in a very dysfunctional relationship with my ex, it was weekly that we would fight and break up, then get back together again. But of course, that always happened after a big fight. Maybe the called off engagement happened because of a big fight and I can't help but wonder if that big fight had something to do with Lucas.

I also wanted to comment about people saying that LE is doing nothing for Lucas, or that nobody is doing anything for Lucas. I've come to the conclusion and it's IMO that certain people think that if they aren't being told every detail about the investigation or where searches are that this means nothing is being done. I wish people would learn that google can be your best friend in regards to research. The library can be pretty handy too. It is super common for LE not to say a WORD about what is going on in an investigation to ANYONE. Not even people who are not suspects. I think that this applies even more now in the age of social media. Of course I get anxious when I don't hear anything but I would rather know ZILCH then to know everything and have justice for Lucas compromised in any way. I will not give up my hope that Lucas will get justice.

Finally caught up. There's been some good conversation today. But I want to comment first on the fiance thing. Was this something that was very recent? Like, possibly the day Emily went to Olive Garden? This is what I was theorizing. Emily tells Jonathan she smoked some bowls and is going to OG. He has no clue she has left Lucas at home. Landlord goes to the house, sees Lucas in the window, knocks and gets no answer, maybe calls Emily and gets no answer, then he calls Jonathan and says hey, are you guys home? I see the little boy here but nobody is answering. Jonathan calls Emily and says why in the hell did you leave Lucas home by himself? Tells her he is done and the engagement is off. Emily goes back home and is pissed. Takes it out on Lucas.

It just seems weird that they were no longer engaged but she was still taking care of Lucas. Back in my younger years and in a very dysfunctional relationship with my ex, it was weekly that we would fight and break up, then get back together again. But of course, that always happened after a big fight. Maybe the called off engagement happened because of a big fight and I can't help but wonder if that big fight had something to do with Lucas.

I also wanted to comment about people saying that LE is doing nothing for Lucas, or that nobody is doing anything for Lucas. I've come to the conclusion and it's IMO that certain people think that if they aren't being told every detail about the investigation or where searches are that this means nothing is being done. I wish people would learn that google can be your best friend in regards to research. The library can be pretty handy too. It is super common for LE not to say a WORD about what is going on in an investigation to ANYONE. Not even people who are not suspects. I think that this applies even more now in the age of social media. Of course I get anxious when I don't hear anything but I would rather know ZILCH then to know everything and have justice for Lucas compromised in any way. I will not give up my hope that Lucas will get justice.
I don't think people here think nothing is being done to find Lucas. That was a statement made by JH on his Facebook page.

Just thinking out loud...

You have know idea how many cases win appeals for not having effective counsel. That is one of the first things they try. That is why I think the public defenders office is not defending EG.

Its unbelievable the chances a criminal gets even when without a doubt they are guilty and deserve a greater punishment than they ever will receive.

(Almost everyone does try to pull that one that's why they make sure they have adequate representation.)

I agree 100%. And there's clearly bigger fish to fry to come because they don't usually get court appointed (rather than PD) on a misdemeanor charge.

What?? I'm at a loss here. Can someone explain what this means? How are the searches by LE and the community nothing? How are the charges against EG nothing? What would make JH feel that someone is doing something? Is that post still up?
I would like to know who JH thinks is responsible. He appears to deflect attention away from EG's involvement in Lucas' disappearance since she was arrested. Could he be advising LE to look in a specific direction? Does he have a scenario in mind to explain away EG's role? Now, he has to hire a PI to facilitate his objective. Perhaps this is where his indignation, bordering on hostility, toward LE, etc. comes into play. I noted JH listed finding Lucas second to who is responsible in his statement. Only JH knows these answers. Until JH realizes he is the key to finding Lucas, he won't be easily found. I have a hard time believing he is standing behind EG for love, true love and fairplay as he perceives it to be.

I'm certain somewhere I did see a 3:00 a.m. reference. I remember thinking what the heck is she doing up at 3 in the morning?

Carp! I can't find it! Sorry!

I agree 100%. And there's clearly bigger fish to fry to come because they don't usually get court appointed (rather than PD) on a misdemeanor charge.

The cost difference alone is significant between the two. One is paid by the hour. The other is a salary employee in the courthouse. Public Defenders are not really paid that well.

Wildcat Runner, that is who I'm referring to. Him amongst certain others. But not here on ws. They all seem to think that because they aren't being told what is going on that that means LE is doing nothing. I disagree.

Like this one...

"Another day has gone, another day too long, we hope and pray everyday, that today will be the day. We need to find Lucas! Keep sharing! We need to find out sweet boy and bring him home! Call 911 or the tips line if you have any information on the whereabouts of Lucas Hernandez! Please!"

Wow! OK so I can say I've seen this word for word on another person's profile. So yes I agree he may not be writing any of his own posts

Reminder: Statement analysis links and comments are not allowed, per TOS. Please message a moderator if you have any questions.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member