Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sunday, the group met at the Aloft Hotel with new tools to expand their search in and around Wichita. They used ATV's and this unique bike called a Rocon to continue their search. Since Hernandez went missing in February, groups say they've been on the ground nonstop looking for any sign of him. Search groups say the way they search for Lucas has changed since February.
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Lucas-Hernandez-search-group-using-new-tactics--480497701.html

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this Jules. I love to hear of different things around the world, but even more so when it means information such as Lucas' disappearance is spreading.

It's not just Wichita looking for you Lucas, it's not just Kansas, it's not just the US. The whole world is waiting on you sweet boy.

You're not wrong, Ana.

Been quietly reading - and sharing FB posters to American family/friends - from Scotland, UK, for 66 days.

I live pretty much near the city. Recently, I 'visited' my husband who's working up north in the Scottish Highlands. Driving through mountains surrounded by streams, lakes and miles of open space is when it hit me how huge a task searchers' face - and we are tiny by comparison.

I'm amazed, and grateful, for the dedication of all involved in finding Lucas. The work, support and feeling for Lucas from fellow ws's is something else - you're everything that's good about humanity. I'm not usually this sentimental, but people from all over the world truly are willing this precious little mite to be found. Let it be today.

Charlie, it made me smile when I read about the color tv. We were too. I've told the story a hundred times to all my kids and grandkids. Ours was the big console type with a record player on top amongst the Elvis Presley and Tiny Tim albums. The whole neighborhood came to visit. Often. It was an exciting time. Warm memories. Thanks for posting.

thanks. Ours was a Zenith console. I think we got it just before the Kennedy Asasination. My dad finally had enough of the news coverage and shut it off. We spent the next few days playing board games. It’s one of the few happy childhood memories I still have to cherish.

I suppose you might have the same issues I had, transitioning from paper to tech files, books to kindle, and I’m not going into this cell phone I have in my hand. Some days I turn it all off and enjoy peace and quiet.

Things certainly have progressed,but I am not at all comfortable with sharing every intimate personal issue on SM.

If you saw one of the articles about the woman playing Pokémon Go who found a missing man with dementia, you’ll understand our latest flyer.

Woman playing 'Pokemon Go' finds missing man with dementia in park

https://www.wday.com/community/peop...n-dementia-park?amp&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1809748972664606

3a868735ae24acdc32de54b07a30d860.jpg

Judges may not allow random comments - but personal pages, comments, posts and messages can and will be mined and used on both sides (example FB messages regarding trip to OG referenced in affidavit on her current charges)
So much of many people’s lives is on SM now, to not examine the contents for potential would be folly by either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will definitely be examined strongly, but there’s much more involved. The court has to determine if it is relevant? Is it more probative than prejudicial? Is there a hearsay problem or exception? Is it authentic?

You can’t simply take a screenshot of a FB post from a personal page and submit it to the court. For example, if you want to the court to accept into evidence a FB post by “Defendant X” that reads, “Epic time last night at Club Z!!” What proof do you have that Defendant X was in possession and control of her account at the time the post was made? In other words, you have to be able to show not only that the person owns the account, but that they actually made the post that is referenced.

Don’t even get me started about subpoenaing for social media records. It’s a nightmare!

They will definitely be examined strongly, but there’s much more involved. The court has to determine if it is relevant? Is it more probative than prejudicial? Is there a hearsay problem or exception? Is it authentic?

You can’t simply take a screenshot of a FB post from a personal page and submit it to the court. For example, if you want to the court to accept into evidence a FB post by “Defendant X” that reads, “Epic time last night at Club Z!!” What proof do you have that Defendant X was in possession and control of her account at the time the post was made? In other words, you have to be able to show not only that the person owns the account, but that they actually made the post that is referenced.

Don’t even get me started about subpoenaing for social media records. It’s a nightmare!

That’s true of any evidence - relevance, probative, authenticated, etc.

I don’t know if it’s something going on with the forum or is it just on my end- can someone verify - quoted posts are showing attributed to the wrong person on my end?!?!

I don’t know if it’s something going on with the forum or is it just on my end- can someone verify - quoted posts are showing attributed to the wrong person on my end?!?!

Yes, thank you for alerting on these posts.

FYI, for anyone who doesn't know, please alert when you start seeing broken quotes. The problem compounds with each "reply with quote" otherwise.

You're not wrong, Ana.

Been quietly reading - and sharing FB posters to American family/friends - from Scotland, UK, for 66 days.

I live pretty much near the city. Recently, I 'visited' my husband who's working up north in the Scottish Highlands. Driving through mountains surrounded by streams, lakes and miles of open space is when it hit me how huge a task searchers' face - and we are tiny by comparison.

I'm amazed, and grateful, for the dedication of all involved in finding Lucas. The work, support and feeling for Lucas from fellow ws's is something else - you're everything that's good about humanity. I'm not usually this sentimental, but people from all over the world truly are willing this precious little mite to be found. Let it be today.

This is amazing!! Thank you!!! :heartbeat: My heart is full with news like this.

And Emily thinks we will just forget and she will get away with this? Ohhhhhh no. The whole world is gathering for Lucas to be found and for her to pay.

thanks. Ours was a Zenith console. I think we got it just before the Kennedy Asasination. My dad finally had enough of the news coverage and shut it off. We spent the next few days playing board games. It’s one of the few happy childhood memories I still have to cherish.

I suppose you might have the same issues I had, transitioning from paper to tech files, books to kindle, and I’m not going into this cell phone I have in my hand. Some days I turn it all off and enjoy peace and quiet.

Things certainly have progressed,but I am not at all comfortable with sharing every intimate personal issue on SM.
I can picture ours with the Sunday paper sitting on it the day after Sharon Tate was murdered. Same here, Sister, with the new tech. I was once a self-proclaimed expert in software development. Now, I'm only comfortable with this iPad. I've never had a Facebook account or cell phone. Don't want either. I've only ever commented on one site and now, this one. I'm learning though. Where there's a will, there's a way. Carry on and don't be afraid to make mistakes. The old lady group can learn new things everyday.

ive found myself not paying close attention to where I begin posting my reply.

I will I’ll be more careful. My phone, after another trip to the provider, did something odd this morning and when I was able to get service again it scrambled several things. So at least when it comes to my posts I will be more careful and look closely where my posts begin.

im just old and I expect that my I phone 6s should last forever if I take care if it.
My son told me this morning to just go buy a new one. It’s just a $1,000.00 I d rather spend in something much more fun. And Apple slowed it down and I’m not thrilled with that. It’s a marketing thing I understand that, but I’m retired and think about spending. I’d rather give the $$ to my grandkids.

I'm a little behind on the thread, and am hoping someone who knows for CERTAIN can answer my question. I know at one point there was a $8,800 reward being offered in finding Lucas. Has this amount changed?

That’s true of any evidence - relevance, probative, authenticated, etc.

i agree. There’s a whole new scope of evidence gathering and tech investigations. I’m not certain rules of court, evidence and case law in general have kept up. But tech is ruling our lives and the courts need to keep up. It will be interesting to see how it’s used in this matter, both cases.

See the reference in this link link to the damage social media has done to a missing child’s family.

https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/13135832/Klien-Kunz-Lawsuit.pdf

true or not, as it’s a new case, and while I haven’t looked, social media can post anything seemingly without consequences. It’s scary.

I am just thinking about an all too common theft on our farms these days.
They come in the middle of the night and steal [FONT=Georgia, serif]ammonium nitrate to make meth. [/FONT]:thinking:

I'm a little behind on the thread, and am hoping someone who knows for CERTAIN can answer my question. I know at one point there was a $8,800 reward being offered in finding Lucas. Has this amount changed?

Is that before or after the uncle took his 2000 back?

For the doubters of the strength of SM these days, please see the wonderful video linked at the top of this page.
Just Incredible!!!:tyou:

Respectfully agreeing and disagreeing all at the same time - there's a lot we know, there's a lot we don't know. Some of us know more than others. LE knows the most, and I don't think they've shared everything with anyone. I think LE knows enough to do what they need to do. Time is still on their side, and the hope is Lucas will be found. But even if not, I personally do not believe it will hinder their charges sticking when that time comes. jmo

Thank you. I personally feel the same, that they have more on Emily then we realize and that she will be charged accordingly. I am holding out on the hope of this and sticking to having faith in the WPD and the searchers.

I think the uncle took back his $2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member