Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
while this story is disturbing, I don't find that pic to be. my son is almost 5 and he stretched out to a thin lil bobble head recently. he eats plenty!

This is a less cropped version from the Daily Mail:
cache.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5410217/Boy-age-five-missing-Wichita-Kansas.html

while this story is disturbing, I don't find that pic to be. my son is almost 5 and he stretched out to a thin lil bobble head recently. he eats plenty!

I don't think it's so much the picture in itself, but the progress from what he used to look like vs. what he looks like as of recently. There's definitely a change there, and it doesn't appear to be a healthy one. Just my opinion, though.

I don't think it's so much the picture in itself, but the progress from what he used to look like vs. what he looks like as of recently. There's definitely a change there, and it doesn't appear to be a healthy one. Just my opinion, though.

I’m disturbed by something with his hair. Did he cut it? Was it being shaved or falling out? It looks noticeably different in texture even. I can’t speculate, but hair has a lot of significance concerning health & is also a source of record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is the path from the old house to the new house.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/600...a098c6a16552ddfc!2m2!1d-97.229225!2d37.667398

There is a cemetery just off the freeway, lots of parks including one next to the Arkansas River, lots of shopping centers and 4 airports all within a 10-20 minute drive from the new house. If a person has lived in the area all of their life, they might have multiple "familiar" places they might seek to hide something (or someone). If it was YOU hiding something, what would stand out as a place LE should search?

I can't help think of where little Sherin was found. IMO, they should search here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...0e6d42687443d9a!8m2!3d37.6680039!4d-97.222816

I agree. I know lots of very slim active children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they say stuff like that all the time. it just means they don't have PROOF of anything rn.

The PD says it is a Missing Person case and not a recovery. But they are looking in parks and lakes and the woods. How is a 5 yr old going to be found safe and sound 6 days later in the woods?

Will meth turn out to be a factor as in sooo many of these types of cases we see here??

Can someone please link the pertinent KAKE post? There are a lot if them, all with a ton of comments and I'm mobile so hard to search thru them all.
If not, I'll find it later
Thanks!

I’m disturbed by something with his hair. Did he cut it? Was it being shaved or falling out? It looks noticeably different in texture even. I can’t speculate, but hair has a lot of significance concerning health & is also a source of record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What's funny/ ironic is that I just saw a picture of him with his dad and I thought he looked like he just had a fresh hair cut. The back of the neck was a good line

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/S+G...7845415ef56!2m2!1d-97.226665!2d37.6681023!3e0 There is also alot of small ponds/water areas along this road which is only about 2 miles from the previous address and current park they are searching at. Even more if you go further to the right on the map. I feel LE is really getting closer to finding Lucas though. They are searching closer to the previous address for a reason. IMO. Also, I did briefly think about him being much farther away too. Still pondering that really.

THANK YOU. I try to stick up for social workers here, and often get a lot of pushback for it. But my close friend was a social worker here in Los Angeles for many years and still has PTSD over it.

She had nightmares and panic attacks and had to retire early. She loves children so much and really hated to abandon those she knew needed her. but her own children needed her too and she was so overwhelmed and overworked and stressed out that she couldn't continue.

But she has said that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the overload of open cases each SW is given. She often had FORTY open cases at one time. And a report, detailing her recommendations for a family, would be due about every other day. So she was ALWAYS under a stressful deadline, and always had new cases, many of them urgent, coming in fast.

If one social worker has 40 open cases, 30 of those are going to be falling to the bottom of the stack. Because she has to go with the most egregious, urgent, life threatening circumstances, every single day. That does not mean that the other cases are less important, but what can one person do when given an impossible work load?

Thank you for this post! As a former social worker in Kansas, I have posted on other threads how soul crushing it was. I left social work after 6 years and became a nurse. Much less stressful for me. The whole child welfare system is a disaster in the U.S. but Kansas in particular has had some serious issues the last few years.

mine was a chub not too long ago. its a common age for growth spurt and losing some of that baby fat.

I have some thoughts/questions re: a possible Lea Porter/Kaitlyn Cargill/Maddie Middleton type disposal scenario but don't feel comfortable discussing this. Just putting it out there.

If evidence could have been thrown away, what is the trash pick up schedule for the neighborhoods applicable here, and which landfill would be relevant to these locations?

I hate to type this, so sorry.

Also want to note abandoned buildings, houses, wells, sheds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member