Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY caught up after seeing Lucas' thread yesterday.

My heart is breaking. I found Webseluths when little Deorr Kuntz went missing. Since then, I've followed other missing children's cases and adults as well, and needless to say I am sickened by such inhumanity I've read about. It's very disheartening.

Perfecting Pink, I noticed you and Mr. Pink "put your money where your mouth is" and actually went out and searched. It is people like you that give me HOPE for humanity, and the realization that there are many truly wonderful people on this earth. Thanks for helping in this search, it makes it seems like we're all helping more when fellow WS'ers have boots on the ground!

FindLucasAllen thank you for becoming a verified insider. Although this is clearly painful for you, your information and insight is greatly appreciated and very helpful. My heart goes out to you and other family members.

Hoping for a miracle, but things look grim. :(

I have some thoughts/questions re: a possible Lea Porter/Kaitlyn Cargill/Maddie Middleton type disposal scenario but don't feel comfortable discussing this. Just putting it out there.

If evidence could have been thrown away, what is the trash pick up schedule for the neighborhoods applicable here, and which landfill would be relevant to these locations?

I hate to type this, so sorry.

We only have one landfill, Brooks Landfill. There is also a transfer station I found and I am linking both below. As far as trash service, our main trash service is Waste Connections (linking too) but there are a several smaller outfits.

http://www.wichita.gov/PWU/Pages/Brooks.aspx
http://www.wichitawastedisposal.com/
http://www.wasteconnectionswichita.com/about/service-area-schedules

I can't help think of where little Sherin was found. IMO, they should search here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...0e6d42687443d9a!8m2!3d37.6680039!4d-97.222816

Gardener -

http://www.kake.com/story/37532140/wichita-police-fbi-continue-to-search-for-missing-5-year-old-boy

Since the weekend, teams have searched Chisholm Creek Park, Dr Glen Day Park, Harrison Park and the boys neighborhood.

Looks like someone else also had your idea.

The park isn't where my map was zoomed for the link. I just used the park address as a reference point to find the location. Here's a cross street near the feature I was trying to point out: https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...d64bd50c1a56014!8m2!3d37.664703!4d-97.2144087

It's not in the park, but I hope they looked there.

mine was a chub not too long ago. its a common age for growth spurt and losing some of that baby fat.

I always knew when my son was going through a growth spurt. First, he would start at a normal weight, eating everything in sight, two to three plates of dinner, etc, including emptying the fruit bowl.

Then he would start getting small annoying pains in his legs- many go through this when a growth spurt happens. At this point, he would get a bit chubby for about 2-3 weeks to a month, then one day, wake up about 3-4 inches taller and thinner again. It was surreal to watch after a few times of it happening.

He's six foot three now- you can imagine my grocery bills not just during growth spurts, but also when he played hockey, soccer,basketball, track and field, cross country, and baseball. That boy just couldn't be filled up, I swore he had two hallow legs! He also has two sisters that also went through those spurts with him and did the same sports, too.

When he plays hockey now, he comes in starving, to this day.

So, yeah, some of those photos aren't overwhelming me in terms of weight, as it can truly happen quickly that the kids thin out and then eventually gain more weight back and return to a normal weight again. From normal weight, to chubby for a bit, to skinny, within a two to three week time span, with my son, anyway. Not sure about anyone else's sons, grandsons, or nephews on here.

The park isn't where my map was zoomed for the link. I just used the park address as a reference point to find the location. Here's a cross street near the feature I was trying to point out: https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...d64bd50c1a56014!8m2!3d37.664703!4d-97.2144087

It's not in the park, but I hope they looked there.

Good call. I wish I lived nearby. I know they said they don't need searchers but I'd probably be compelled to check there myself anyway.

Just wondering what baby sister may have witnessed?

I hate to even think about that. She's only about a year, so she can't talk about it, but goodness gracious, the thoughts. :/ Ugh.

Then he would start getting small annoying pains in his legs- many go through this when a growth spurt happens. .

SBBM O/T OMG! The leg pains. I had these when I hit puberty and would hit growth spurts (happened three times from 12-18). I remember it like it was yesterday, I'd wake up with a dull pain in my lower legs, right in the spot between my shin bone and my calf muscle. By the end of the day it would be a sharp, awful pain that would slowly get worse over a 3 or 4 day period then stop. I remember describing it to my mom as "it feels like there is a piece of wood stuck between the bone and the muscle, forcing them apart."

THANK YOU. I try to stick up for social workers here, and often get a lot of pushback for it. But my close friend was a social worker here in Los Angeles for many years and still has PTSD over it.

She had nightmares and panic attacks and had to retire early. She loves children so much and really hated to abandon those she knew needed her. but her own children needed her too and she was so overwhelmed and overworked and stressed out that she couldn't continue.

But she has said that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the overload of open cases each SW is given. She often had FORTY open cases at one time. And a report, detailing her recommendations for a family, would be due about every other day. So she was ALWAYS under a stressful deadline, and always had new cases, many of them urgent, coming in fast.

If one social worker has 40 open cases, 30 of those are going to be falling to the bottom of the stack. Because she has to go with the most egregious, urgent, life threatening circumstances, every single day. That does not mean that the other cases are less important, but what can one person do when given an impossible work load?

I honestly feel like this is backfire from me saying that we had a very, very bad experience with CPS. I feel pretty ganged up on about this if I'm honest. We had an awful experience with CPS. They did nothing to help us. They failed our family. I'm not sure why I should be expected to just let it go because some CPS workers are good. I get that. I was only speaking of my experience. My experience and the endless amounts of cases we see here that have a failure from CPS in their past.

I honestly wish I had never said anything about what we endured. This has turned into a backlash at me for saying something negative towards CPS.

I understand that most, if not all, CPS workers are overloaded, it's crazy the way our world thinks we can handle things when we can't. But I promise you, some are just plain incompetent.

Good call. I wish I lived nearby. I know they said they don't need searchers but I'd probably be compelled to check there myself anyway.

If Lucas isn't located before this weekend, there are a few places we want to check out. If anyone has a place they would like us to look at, let me know.

The FBI’s Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team is on the case, but no Amber Alert - doesn’t add up. I’m glad to hear they have an upwards of 100 personnel working the case, using drones, canines, searching on foot and horseback and searching parks and river. Please let this be different than what we’ve learned to expect.

http://people.com/crime/lucas-hernandez-kansas-missing-boy/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly feel like this is backfire from me saying that we had a very, very bad experience with CPS. I feel pretty ganged up on about this if I'm honest. We had an awful experience with CPS. They did nothing to help us. They failed our family. I'm not sure why I should be expected to just let it go because some CPS workers are good. I get that. I was only speaking of my experience. My experience and the endless amounts of cases we see here that have a failure from CPS in their past.

I honestly wish I had never said anything about what we endured. This has turned into a backlash at me for saying something negative towards CPS.

I understand that most, if not all, CPS workers are overloaded, it's crazy the way our world thinks we can handle things when we can't. But I promise you, some are just plain incompetent.

My reply wasn't to you in the beginning, it was to another poster, then you replied to me and I answered you.

I'm sorry you feel gained up on, that was not my intention. I do not doubt you at all, never would I do that. I just tried to give an inside view of what the majority of social workers have to do day in and day out, which sadly may explain why some children slip through the cracks.

There is good, great, excellent, and crap at every profession, social workers included. I'm so sorry your family went through this hell, before and after your darling niece's death.

The FBI’s Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team is on the case, but no Amber Alert - doesn’t add up. I’m glad to hear they have an upwards of 100 personnel working the case, using drones, canines, searching on foot and horseback and searching parks and river. Please let this be different than what we’ve learned to expect.

http://people.com/crime/lucas-hernandez-kansas-missing-boy/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no amber alert because they don’t know *who* abducted him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to say this but does Casey Anthony ring a bell here? Certainly they've checked ALL cars. And w/ cadaver dogs? I mean, I'd have Dad's car checked too.

Also, I know at some landfill sights they have a "spotter" who watches the trash coming out of the trucks, specifically for dead bodies. Jack Wheeler was found that way. (May he rest in peace) It was in Newark, Delaware. (No not NJ).

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

My reply wasn't to you in the beginning, it was to another poster, then you replied to me and I answered you.

I'm sorry you feel gained up on, that was not my intention. I do not doubt you at all, never would I do that. I just tried to give an inside view of what the majority of social workers have to do day in and day out, which sadly may explain why some children slip through the cracks.

There is good, great, excellent, and crap at every profession, social workers included. I'm so sorry your family went through this hell, before and after your darling niece's death.

Steels, sorry, no, this wasn't towards you. I appreciated you giving me an insight into day to day for a SW. My job is far from being as important. I couldn't even try to comprehend.

I am extremely angry at the state of CPS/DCF etc right now, of course. It seems that (for whatever reason, incompetence or over worked) there are major issues within these departments.

I guess I just feel as if people are taking my comments about what happened to our girl as if I am being disrespectful towards all SW's. (Btw, I'm not sure if I messed up earlier and said something incorrect or confusing, but BabyC was my family member, but not my niece - Sorry for the confusion!)

My head has been a complete mess since hearing more and more about Lucas' life before this. I don't think I am wording anything well. I hope you all understand, I mean well. It's hard to express when the case cuts so deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member