Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the old address - -

1157 S Webb Rd, Wichita, KS 67207

Try that one. See how far it is from where they are searching.
Lots of parks and a couple of airports. One park just a few blocks away. :(

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...a098c6a16552ddfc!8m2!3d37.667398!4d-97.229225
attachment.php

Attachments

• lucas.PNG
    lucas.PNG
    180.1 KB · Views: 534
Bringing this map forward from the other thread from yesterday. LE is openly discussing Harrison Park.
bcb69171ee0a29d57414678d3a611c9f.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Isn't Harrison Park right by their propr address?

TIA!...:waving:

I’m wondering if little Lucas is somewhere else. Like 12 hours away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah......one, two, five, seven, nine, twelve hours away possibly. MOO JMO.

I need to know for my own peace of mind, when Dad left for Texas and when Lucas was last seen officially. This is messing with my head.

I need to know for my own peace of mind, when Dad left for Texas and when Lucas was last seen officially. This is messing with my head.

I feel horrible thinking it so glad you’re thinking it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My only answer to you, and please know it is with utmost respect to all families like yourself that have gone through this- follow a social worker around for one month. You will see and hear things you can't even imagine happening to children. They have to go to schools and talk with teachers and principals, confer with LE, go to the person's home who is accused of abuse and assess the situation. Thanks to laws and lawyers that promote them, a social worker cannot just show up when a call is made- they have to give the parent(s) a notice. Then they have to document everything, lots and lots of paperwork.

They also visit children in the hospitals, taking statements of what occurred to them from the children, doctor's and nurses.

Many social workers are lucky if they get lunch on the run- most have to pack and eat in their cars on the way to the next case.

Social workers have to be present at every court hearing- do you know how many of those they attend per year?

Social workers miss family dinners, get called out on holidays. It is an endless job, it isn't like many of us who leave our work at the end of the day, come home and eat, spend time with our family, watch TV shows or sports. MANY social workers do work after hours on their OWN dimes. They love and care about children. Believe me, it hurts them when you have a precious child like Lucas and your niece, they want to take them away, but their hands are ties because of laws. Laws!

I have seen quite a few tears shed over the years by beautiful and caring social workers, who berate themselves when the court system failed the child. As I have said before, they have to follow a protocol and the criteria has to be met before they can take action.

The hours are endless, the pay is just awful. There are so many cases, not enough social workers or time in the day for them to complete their assessments.

Let's also get into foster homes- there are some emergency foster homes set up for temporary stays, but then, the social worker has to find a permanent situation, which is not easy. One time, the court was actually trying to protect a teen from abusive parents- every time they tracked where their child was, LE and the social worker had to drop what they were doing, arrest the parents, grab the child, and get them to another safe emergency location and find another safe place across the state- yes, that far away, in this particular case. This happened several times, some in the middle of the night! She had to get out of bed, and mind you, she wasn't feeling well herself and was very run down, but she threw on her clothes, left a note for her family (no cell phones or internet back then), and off she went, driving an hour away from her house, collecting the child's things while LE and the foster parents tried to calm the frightened child down, drove another hour and plus minutes to another emergency foster home, found a new place a few days later, gathered the child, went to court on the behalf of the child, transferred the child's school records (did you know social workers do this?), and try to get the child established in their new envirnment

Then you have times when the foster parents and the child don't mix personality wise- not too often, but there are times the child tries to run away from their foster parents, and guess who has to go and try to look for them and find them a temporary place to stay, then a more suitable foster home.

I think you all get my drift on the day of a social worker, but please know, I am sympathetic on both sides here, both to the victims and their families, and to the wonderful social workers who put more hours in one or two days a week than some of us do in 7 days.

My heart goes out to all the victims and their families, as well as the social workers who work long hours with no thanks but non stop criticism, when the courts and lawyers fail to protect the children.

THANK YOU. I try to stick up for social workers here, and often get a lot of pushback for it. But my close friend was a social worker here in Los Angeles for many years and still has PTSD over it.

She had nightmares and panic attacks and had to retire early. She loves children so much and really hated to abandon those she knew needed her. but her own children needed her too and she was so overwhelmed and overworked and stressed out that she couldn't continue.

But she has said that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the overload of open cases each SW is given. She often had FORTY open cases at one time. And a report, detailing her recommendations for a family, would be due about every other day. So she was ALWAYS under a stressful deadline, and always had new cases, many of them urgent, coming in fast.

If one social worker has 40 open cases, 30 of those are going to be falling to the bottom of the stack. Because she has to go with the most egregious, urgent, life threatening circumstances, every single day. That does not mean that the other cases are less important, but what can one person do when given an impossible work load?

They will find Lucas. I just don't think we are going to like what they find. Poor sweet boy. :(

THANK YOU. I try to stick up for social workers here, and often get a lot of pushback for it. But my close friend was a social worker here in Los Angeles for many years and still has PTSD over it.

She had nightmares and panic attacks and had to retire early. She loves children so much and really hated to abandon those she knew needed her. but her own children needed her too and she was so overwhelmed and overworked and stressed out that she couldn't continue.

But she has said that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the overload of open cases each SW is given. She often had FORTY open cases at one time. And a report, detailing her recommendations for a family, would be due about every other day. So she was ALWAYS under a stressful deadline, and always had new cases, many of them urgent, coming in fast.

If one social worker has 40 open cases, 30 of those are going to be falling to the bottom of the stack. Because she has to go with the most egregious, urgent, life threatening circumstances, every single day. That does not mean that the other cases are less important, but what can one person do when given an impossible work load?
That would be akin to being the only doctor in the trauma center of an ER on a Friday night during an inner city riot. :scared:

That would be akin to being the only doctor in the trauma center of an ER on a Friday night during an inner city riot. :scared:
I am definitely not faulting the social workers. I definitely made sure to point out that they are overworked and overstretched. This comes down to a funding issue and an issue of importance from lawmakers.

Unless their tips suggested otherwise I'm guess they are going with "last seen...."

http://www.wichita.gov/ParkandRec/CityParks/Pages/WBHarrison.aspx

1300 S. Webb, 67207 | 40.15 acres

This park with softly rolling hills was acquired in 1957 and named after its donor, W.B. Harrison.

The park has been landscaped, a good buffalo grass turf has been established and trees planted.

In 1993, a fishing pond was constructed with grant funds provided by the State of Kansas, Department of Wildlife and Parks under the urban lake development program.

I don't see any obvious hiding points other than the pond.

If this helps- neither of those brothers were there the day he went missing. That is a fact per MSM, because it was stated in several articles that only the SM and Lucas' baby sister was home when he went missing.

Unfortunately the baby can’t collaborate her story. IMO we don’t have a very reliable timeline yet. Including when he was last seen at school or by anyone besides SM. :(. Praying for you to be found soon little man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver