Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... ok... i've sit back reading , reading and more reading.... there is something that's got me thinking....i saw/read where the relatives were suspecting abuse... and it had been reported and feel nothing was done.... here in the panhandle of FLORIDA we had a case about five years ago.... where this child was missing..... searched three days.... and found her under the bed of a friends house in a container..... the relative was tired of nothing being done... I SURE HOPE WE HAVE A HAPPY ENDING.... something is stopping LE from calling out to the public to help search... please help me with this.... what time did she lay down for the nap... went missing at 3pm ... not reported till 6pm.... how do we know 3pm is when he went missing.. i thought she was sleeping till 6pm... am i missing something.... i sure hope we have a concerned relative/friend... taking care of LUCAS.... i don't see how he could survive out in the cold... by himself... with the temps like they are....

I remember this case because I was following it live but her name escapes me. A WS member here was the one that actually"found" the girl by internet sleuthing and called it in to LE. I sat right in front of my computer and watched it unfold.
Anyone else remember? The lady (who had a previous abuse or death case iirc had taken the baby. She was found in a box under a bed behind a lot of clothes.
Pretty sure that's the baby you're referring to.

Ahh here she is what a cutie

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/33648247/...ts/t/baby-missing-days-found-alive-under-bed/

You would care if LE warned you beforehand that revealing your identity would open you up to crazies of all sorts, people rummaging in your trash looking for "evidence", people tracking down your social media to leave nasty comments and worst of all "psychics" who for the low, low price of $1000.00 will tell you some random, unverifiable "vision" they had of your child.

IMO, the parents don't need to reveal themselves to get the word out. Showing their faces on TV pleading for the return of Lucas will not get them anymore exposure then what they've already gotten. I think they are playing it smart and not only protecting themselves but also protecting the other children in the picture. Let's not forget, there is still a 9 yo, a 7 yo and a 1 yo they have to worry about.

Mom has started receiving death threats as well as other awful messages from people on Facebook, unfortunately.

Witch hunts are nasty business, sadly.

It is hard to understand why someone would worry about being anonymous, if their precious 5 yr old was missing. I wouldn't care about anything else but finding my child. Who cares if the public knew my name? I think it is very, very odd.
Trial by public opinion is a very unfriendly beast.

If I'm reading your question correctly, since Lucas was last seen at 3pm that is why LE is saying he's been missing since 3pm. We don't know 3pm is when he went missing, it could have been anytime between 3p and whenever step-mom woke up but since 3pm is when he was last seen then that would be the logical starting point. I hope that made sense.
Well...3pm is the time the step mother gave as last seen.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Mom has started receiving death threats as well as other awful messages from people on Facebook, unfortunately.

I'm so sorry. That really makes me sad. To be blunt, it disgusts me the way people will assign guilt before there is even suspicion, brand a person an abuser or killer based on one comments from one person on one comment board. If you're in touch with mom, dad and step-mom please them a weird guy from NJ sends his love and hope to them.

Keep hoping to see, "Found safe" by his name. His little face melts my heart. :(

(Hi guys, just getting in....what's the latest? Any leads on Lucas' whereabouts? )

(Hi guys, just getting in....what's the latest? Any leads on Lucas' whereabouts? )

They searched a shed at a neighbor's house (nothing apparent found according to the reporter). Lucas still missing :(

It's late.
It's really cold in Wichita.
I'm crying.

It's bad that I wish that sweet Lucas was maybe sold and can be recovered so that he's at least alive.

If he's found at this point, I'll take him into my home and make his whole world better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I'm reading your question correctly, since Lucas was last seen at 3pm that is why LE is saying he's been missing since 3pm. We don't know 3pm is when he went missing, it could have been anytime between 3p and whenever step-mom woke up but since 3pm is when he was last seen then that would be the logical starting point. I hope that made sense.

RSBM

We have the step mom's word that he was last observed in his room at 3pm., before she went to take a shower and then a three hour nap.
But who else outside of family saw him last ?
That question hasn't been answered yet, correct ?

And LE seems confident he wasn't kidnapped.
But the SAR dogs could find no scent of him in the house or yard ... so did he leave with a different relative in a car ?
This is baffling.
:moo:

Brainstorming about Park Searches: (unrelated to the possibility of tips about "a park" or phone pings)

What is something that could be identified rather quickly (no need to send out to a lab and wait for results etc) that would/could be present at those parks but not likely to be in say, ones own backyard? But something that is also easy to spot immediately....like on a persons shoe or clothing, carpet or car mats? Something that could be observed during questioning or a quick walk through of the house?

Pine needles? A specific type of leaf?

I'm out of ideas already. Just trying to think of other possibilities that we perhaps hadn't discussed.

Dirt and yeah, stuff like that IMO.

Sand maybe.

Could even be as simple as, "I see your shoes are muddy."

"Yes, we were at the park this week." But then the story of the park doesn't seem right.

or something like that.

SOMETHING makes LE think Lucas is in a park nearby. What?

Someone left him there, alone, in the elements....and refuses to tell the truth so he can be found? Please, say something, someone!

jmo

Bringing forward my post from upstream re: forensic botany for discussion if anyone is interested, (what is unique to a park around there?), as I've been thinking along the same lInes, even before the search of the second park yesterday:

Yesterday, 10:27 AM:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...hita-17-February-2018&p=13939554#post13939554
"In addition to a tip, camera, ping, etc leading them to this location, I was thinking maybe something applicable to forensic botany (as they call it), certain type of soil, leaf...something specific to that "nature preserve"...maybe even a type of animal feces or hair...perhaps there were muddy shoes at the house....samples of course would take time to be sent off/ analyzed in a lab etc so perhaps not likely, unless it was something quite obvious, or they had such immediate lab resources available.

The reason I think of this specifically is because of a "Forensic Botanist" in Colorado I saw on TV. She is part of a genius group, forgot their name, who goes out to help recover remains in cold cases, iirc. She was able to locate a body waaay up in a mountain due to isolating a specific type of Aspen tree that only grew there. Iirc, there was something about the way the sun would face in order to facilitate the growth of this particular tree, hence isolating the direction/ spot on the side of the mountain of the remains."

Eta:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...hita-17-February-2018&p=13939610#post13939610
"I'm noting that in this day of modern technology, and the resources assigned and available here, someone can take a cell picture of a leaf, have it immediately sent out."

Eta:

Some kind of paving, gravel...?

Maybe look at the particular landscaping, botany, etc of those parks maybe.

So what do the GP Nature Preserve and Grove Park have in common that maybe other places don't have? And if there is something, where else close by does it exist?

Bringing forward my post from upstream re: forensic botany for discussion if anyone is interested, (what is unique to a park around there?), as I've been thinking along the same lInes, even before the search of the second park yesterday:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...hita-17-February-2018&p=13939554#post13939554
"In addition to a tip, camera, ping, etc leading them to this location, I was thinking maybe something applicable to forensic botany (as they call it), certain type of soil, leaf...something specific to that "nature preserve"...maybe even a type of animal feces or hair...perhaps there were muddy shoes at the house....samples of course would take time to be sent off/ analyzed in a lab etc so perhaps not likely, unless it was something quite obvious, or they had such immediate lab resources available.

The reason I think of this specifically is because of a "Forensic Botanist" in Colorado I saw on TV. She is part of a genius group, forgot their name, who goes out to help recover remains in cold cases, iirc. She was able to locate a body waaay up in a mountain due to isolating a specific type of Aspen tree that only grew there. Iirc, there was something about the way the sun would face in order to facilitate the growth of this particular tree, hence isolating the direction/ spot on the side of the mountain of the remains."

Eta:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...hita-17-February-2018&p=13939610#post13939610
"I'm noting that in this day of modern technology, and the resources assigned and available here, someone can take a cell picture of a leaf, have it immediately sent out."

Eta:

So what do the GP Nature Preserve and Grove Park have in common that maybe other places don't have? And if there is something, where else close by does it exist?

Margarita, you are always so helpful and intuitive. I love reading your posts. But this is brilliant to me. What do those specific parks have that other unsearched parks don't? Can't be sheer proximity so what is it? Figure that out.

Eta:

Eta:

All I could think of was pine needles or a leaf. Another poster not quoted above had a very long list of other possibilities too. I'll go back and ETA here to bring that forward.

ETA Found it. Some really good out of the box ideas from steelslady
steelslady said:
Was there a shovel with dirt found at their home or in their garage?

Leaves or some plant life attached to a shovel, or inside the car or home that didn't come from any tree in their yard or the neighborhood?

Tree bark, again, not from the neighborhood?

Is there a different grass in the parks that isn't used on lawns in the neighborhood? Poison Ivy?

Is there any gravel at those parks that might get stuck on the bottom of shoes?

turf from a field?

twigs stuck on clothing or in the car from trees not in the neighborhood?

Old petals from flowered trees in car or house not from yard?

a torn jacket or piece of clothing soiled possibly from a park that belonged to Lucas?

Is there any concession stands or little restaurants that sell candy or something that can be bought at the park but not in a store, like penny candy, which might produce a wrapper stuck on step moms' or baby's shoe? A certain kind of bottled water or drink bottle?

Was there any chalk outlines of a baseball or soccer field and the chalk residue was on the bottom of someone's shoe?

A whistle piece from a referee?

A flashlight with soil from the park on it?

a blanket with soil and leaves on it?

folding chair with soil on it?

a disposable coffee cup with soil on it or chalk from a field? grass?

any special rocks there that wouldn't be found in the neighborhood, like mica, on the bottom of shoe or some other object?

A piece of sports net or equipment from the field?

Margarita, you are always so helpful and intuitive. I love reading your posts. But this is brilliant to me. What do those specific parks have that other unsearched parks don't? Can't be sheer proximity so what is it? Figure that out.

Thanks mistivon, nice to see you too.

I'm very behind here, have there been any water searches to date, divers, etc that we know of? Tia.

Thinking...Water bacteria (again would require time for analysis, but again big players involved resource wise).

I found it very odd that the parents of the SM made a statement regarding Lucas missing. Why have we not heard one peep out of SM herself?

This is very telling to me that she hasn’t said one word. Is she afraid she can’t keep up her facade in front of reporters yelling questions at her? She could always give them a written statement like the bio parents are doing.

(Pink, you think Mr. Pink might be up to going out and collecting some soil samples? jk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem