Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Mistree... :tears: )
That's the one that robbed me of any remaining compassion I had for JH. IMO, there's absolutely nothing he can ever do or say to redeem his character or integrity. I despise him, but it doesn't make me feel any better to know he'll live in torture forever. It does help a little to say it though.

I hate seeing those photos of Lucas. However, I want each and every one of these shown to a jury one day. I want that jury to see how this happy guy that was beaten down and then disappeared. Oh Lucas,we want to find you soon!

Righteo. Can you imagine if EG told her ex she kicked JH out, then had Lucas on the 11th? He probably asked why and she probably said she was just babysitting him or something. It would have looked pretty suspicious if she was "babysitting" on VD too. Although we don't know where Lucas was on VD, we do know EG lied about his whereabouts to JH and that he was alive on the 16th when the LL saw him.

This is very possible. My question would be why would EGs X a healthy adult man with children expect his 2 son's 1/2 brother & sister to disappear from their home in 4 days? He knows JH is gone for 20 or more days. He also knows more than anybody EG is all BS. Nobody is kicking out their meal ticket without another one.

MOO the Vday lie can be explained if
EG was caught one way or another not being the devoted SAHM. That she appeared to be to JH.
I do not mean EG pulled the wool over poor JH's eyes. THEIR actions & reactions can be separate yet still have positive & negative effects on the others. JH could be fine with physical abuse & still have a problem if his gf is lying to him. Because I believe JH was manipulated doesn't mean
I believe he's a victim of anything, doesn't mean I don't as well. Man is grown. LE will sort any charges not directly related to
actions in Lucas's disappearance. Is my opinion for now.
IMO the lie doesn’t make sense because that lie wasn't for LE. It was for JH. The lie isn't about LH it's about EG.
JO is a reliable name for fiction in EG's household. She needed a name that was already discredited. Someone JH wouldn't waste his time dealing with. JH wasn't going to send JO & text asking.

Someone messed that perfect plan up.
A 5 year old beautiful little boy that even in the horror he lived through was probably being the best little boy he knew how to be. Exploring his new house while his monster(s) was away.

Vday needs answers & now the new LL which she can’t control. Nor does she have the experience to manipulate & predict LL behavior. 2 days apart Lucas is the focus of problems & making EG explain herself,

I think Lucas was with EG. That Lucas was confined to a specific area & hidden. I think the pictures of Lucas show signs of food
restriction being used recently as a punishment. A confined area keeps him out of EG & any "company's" way.
And most of all it keeps any "company" out of Lucas's eye sight. EG & LH both knew JH wasn’t going to do anything about the abuse. Lucas coughing up another man was in house. Now I think that would have caused war.
Lucas could have been with a babysitter. IMO the JO Vday lie doesn’t fit an alibi because EG didn't even know she’d need an alibi when she told it.

All MOO

OT- I don’t know how to link to another thread, but for anyone following Lindsay Baum’s case from WA, her remains were found in September and identified this week.

I agree with you Ana. I hold JH accountable, despite any ifs, ands or buts. He looked the other way because it was easier! Plain and simple. I read Amonet's ending comment as one of support for Lucas' family; that they had no reason to suspect JH at the time, except for possible neglect (abuse in its most common form) or they would have included his name in the report. I agree with all that acknowledge the deep emotions we have connected to this little boy. My heart is with FLA.

Yes, that's what I meant that the extended family on JH's side, and Lucas's mom's side of the family, I don't get the sense that any of them would purposely overlook to ask Lucas if JH was hurting him....I don't get the feeling JH's family would look the other way if it was him hurting Lucas as opposed to EG hurting Lucas.

And for EG's sons' father, he seems like he's been uncomfortable with her seeing the boys and fighting against it, yet in the few things we've heard about that side of things, this seems to be the first time JH's name has come up.

So I'm just saying that I sincerely hope these things mean that JH has not been abusive to any of the children in the same way that I believe EG has. But that doesn't absolve JH for missing all those signs. If he looked the other way because he thought it was only a few bruises and she'd never *kill* Lucas...and he needed someone to watch the kids while he was working...That would be a disgusting way to see things! And I would see complicity/responsibility in that.

This is very possible. My question would be why would EGs X a healthy adult man with children expect his 2 son's 1/2 brother & sister to disappear from their home in 4 days? He knows JH is gone for 20 or more days. He also knows more than anybody EG is all BS. Nobody is kicking out their meal ticket without another one.

MOO the Vday lie can be explained if
EG was caught one way or another not being the devoted SAHM. That she appeared to be to JH.
I do not mean EG pulled the wool over poor JH's eyes. THEIR actions & reactions can be separate yet still have positive & negative effects on the others. JH could be fine with physical abuse & still have a problem if his gf is lying to him. Because I believe JH was manipulated doesn't mean
I believe he's a victim of anything, doesn't mean I don't as well. Man is grown. LE will sort any charges not directly related to
actions in Lucas's disappearance. Is my opinion for now.
IMO the lie doesn’t make sense because that lie wasn't for LE. It was for JH. The lie isn't about LH it's about EG.
JO is a reliable name for fiction in EG's household. She needed a name that was already discredited. Someone JH wouldn't waste his time dealing with. JH wasn't going to send JO & text asking.

Someone messed that perfect plan up.
A 5 year old beautiful little boy that even in the horror he lived through was probably being the best little boy he knew how to be. Exploring his new house while his monster(s) was away.

Vday needs answers & now the new LL which she can’t control. Nor does she have the experience to manipulate & predict LL behavior. 2 days apart Lucas is the focus of problems & making EG explain herself,

I think Lucas was with EG. That Lucas was confined to a specific area & hidden. I think the pictures of Lucas show signs of food
restriction being used recently as a punishment. A confined area keeps him out of EG & any "company's" way.
And most of all it keeps any "company" out of Lucas's eye sight. EG & LH both knew JH wasn’t going to do anything about the abuse. Lucas coughing up another man was in house. Now I think that would have caused war.
Lucas could have been with a babysitter. IMO the JO Vday lie doesn’t fit an alibi because EG didn't even know she’d need an alibi when she told it.

All MOO

Lucas wasn’t the boys’ half sibling. He’s no relation to the boys. And it wasn’t about anything being an alibi....just the evolution of the lie.
First, the lie to the ex about kicking JH out
Boys visit 2/11, Lucas is there ....explainable but uncomfortable I’m sure because is she going to tell the truth, she and JH are still together? Doubtful as that endangers her ability to see her boys even more...
Valentines Day, 2/14, would have been another visit day...did the boys visit, we don’t know. But we do know she lied to JH about where Lucas was that day- what prompted that lie? Did he call and expect him to be there and he wasn’t? Why lie- is he with someone JH doesn’t approve of?
2/15 JH FaceTimed with Lucas
2/16 EG goes to OG with the baby and leaves Lucas at home, LL sees Lucas
2/17 EG reports Lucas missing; the ex sees it on the news and calls to cancel the visit scheduled for the next day 2/18 - was the ex surprised to hear Lucas was still in her care, or just alarmed that Lucas has gone missing?
And then the lie in the tv interview about ‘her attorneys’ which she didn’t have, did she cross up another story there?
It seems like her tales are starting to unravel because this person knows a different story than that person and in the limelight she has to tell ONE story, which is different still....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JH knew about Lucas' abuse. Let me re-iterate, he KNEW. He didn't miss anything. He was informed of abuse concerns in the spring of 2017 by the NM relatives. That's on record in the Wichita Eagle. It could have been earlier than that, but that's the time-frame of a confirmed confrontation with both JH and EG. And what did he choose to do when confronted, even when the photographs and testimony was right in front of him? Deny it and punish any relatives who dared bring up or report concerns for Lucas' well-being by cutting off access to him. Punishing even his own mother, Lucas' grandmother.

Whether or not JH physically harmed Lucas himself, he was complicit in his continued abuse and willfully chose not to believe his son over EG or do anything at all to help him escape from the ongoing abuse. Instead, he decided to inflict emotional retribution on those who cared, who wanted nothing more than to protect the poor boy from harm.

This is just my personal opinion, but I think the facts of the case support this.

Lucas wasn’t the boys’ half sibling. He’s no relation to the boys. And it wasn’t about anything being an alibi....just the evolution of the lie.
Boys visit 2/11, Lucas is there ....explainable but uncomfortable I’m sure because is she going to tell the truth, she and JH are still together? Doubtful as that endangers her ability to see her boys even more...
Valentines Day, 2/14, would have been another visit day...did the boys visit, we don’t know. But we do know she lied to JH about where Lucas was that day- what prompted that lie? Did he call and expect him to be there and he wasn’t? Why lie- is he with someone JH doesn’t approve of?
2/17 EG reports Lucas missing; the ex sees it on the news and calls to cancel the visit scheduled for the next day 2/18 - was the ex surprised to hear Lucas was still in her care, or just alarmed that Lucas has gone missing?
And then the lie in the tv interview about ‘her attorneys’ which she didn’t have, did she cross up another story there?
It seems like her tales are starting to unravel because this person knows a different story than that person and in the limelight she has to tell ONE story, which is different still....

My intent wasn't to be argumentative. More of a round table was my intent with the comment.

My sincere apologies if I my reply came off as a contradiction to EG's boy being a huge conflict if not "the" conflict for EG & JH. I think the Vday lie origin isn't clear. I also don't see Lucas living in the home even if JH supposedly wasn't. As needing any explanation.
Opinions differ, I'm moving along. I hope there's no harm done.

I did mean to call Lucas & EG's older boys 1/2 siblings. You are correct of course. He is no blood relation. It was a mistake. I will try to edit myself better for any TOS issues.

I am going to try to ask this question without confusing anything. How did CPS and the judge who were handling her case with her 2 sons manage to overlook the fact that even though she did not have custody of her own two sons, and very limited visitation with them which was supervised up until October (I think) of last year, she was able to have Lucas in her home 24/7 and "care" for him? If she could not be trusted with her own 2 sons, why did they leave Lucas there? It had to be known by both CPS and the judge, because IIRC, the fact that she was caring for him was part of her petition to get further visitation with her own 2 boys. This has really been bothering me, because CPS and the judge should not have allowed her to care for Lucas either, IMO. Am I just off in left field somewhere?

You’re spot on. That was one of the first things that struck me as making no logical sense. This is where I’d like to see a law drafted in Lucas’ name.

Great question. Exactly. Do they view Lucas' care level less than they do her boys? It's crazy to say, you're unfit to have this child, but here, have this one. I honestly don't understand. There is no way that makes any sense.

There’s a group of us working on legislation to change this [emoji172]

My intent wasn't to be argumentative. More of a round table was my intent with the comment.

My sincere apologies if I my reply came off as a contradiction to EG's boy being a huge conflict if not "the" conflict for EG & JH. I think the Vday lie origin isn't clear. I also don't see Lucas living in the home even if JH supposedly wasn't. As needing any explanation.
Opinions differ, I'm moving along. I hope there's no harm done.

I did mean to call Lucas & EG's older boys 1/2 siblings. You are correct of course. He is no blood relation. It was a mistake. I will try to edit myself better for any TOS issues.

I wasn’t trying to be argumentative just clarifying my thoughts on the evolution of the lie
I do wonder why you would think Lucas staying with her even if JH moved out wouldn’t need an explanation? She’s not his mother or even step mother, when people break up wouldn’t they be expected to take their own kids, that aren’t part of that union?

Goddddd...:( How could she? How could HE let this fly?? He condoned this abuse!!! (If not even participated moo)

How many pictures are there total? This will be huge for the prosecution.

Eta: I am siiiickkkk!! Over and over again!!

We are all heartbroken and furious! I want to get in that cell with her!!!!!

FURIOUS!!!!! #$/^&@

I’ve seen at least a dozen

Scarlett, I hope you continue with this line of thinking: Valentines Day, 2/14, would have been another visit day...did the boys visit, we don’t know. But we do know she lied to JH about where Lucas was that day- what prompted that lie? Did he call and expect him to be there and he wasn’t? Why lie- is he with someone JH doesn’t approve of?
I think she did lie and JH suspected she was lying. I think he sent his two-way confidante over to his house to check and see if Lucas was at home alone. I don't believe he was there but where was he? I think it's safe to assume JH didn't believe her but didn't want to contact JO. Because he was afraid to hear the answer and if Lucas wasn't there, he would alarm JO and would therefore instigate even more trouble for him. He was sick of being in the middle of their arguments and he knew EG would deflect and blame him for the problem. Most couples fight over the ex because the new member of the trio is insecure of the past relationship. What, you're taking her side?...

Scarlett, I hope you continue with this line of thinking: Valentines Day, 2/14, would have been another visit day...did the boys visit, we don’t know. But we do know she lied to JH about where Lucas was that day- what prompted that lie? Did he call and expect him to be there and he wasn’t? Why lie- is he with someone JH doesn’t approve of?
I think she did lie and JH suspected she was lying. I think he sent his two-way confidante over to his house to check and see if Lucas was at home alone. I don't believe he was there but where was he? I think it's safe to assume JH didn't believe her but didn't want to contact JO. Because he was afraid to hear the answer and if Lucas wasn't there, he would alarm JO and would therefore instigate even more trouble for him. He was sick of being in the middle of their arguments and he knew EG would deflect and blame him for the problem. Most couples fight over the ex because the new member of the trio is insecure of the past relationship. What, you're taking her side?...

Who is the two way confidante? I’m not aware of anyone appointed to check on EG or Luke.

OT- I don’t know how to link to another thread, but for anyone following Lindsay Baum’s case from WA, her remains were found in September and identified this week.

Here's a link to little Lindsey's thread:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?85800-WA-Lindsey-Baum-10-McCleary-26-June-2009

I think it's worth noting that Lindsey's remains were found 145 miles from where she was last seen alive/known to be and once again, as we see in so many cases, her remains were found by hunters.

The distance is incredibly interesting to me, but her case is quite different from Lucas'. I do think some criminals will drive farther than we think, though, to dispose of a body.

I wasn’t trying to be argumentative just clarifying my thoughts on the evolution of the lie
I do wonder why you would think Lucas staying with her even if JH moved out wouldn’t need an explanation? She’s not his mother or even step mother, when people break up wouldn’t they be expected to take their own kids, that aren’t part of that union?

Yes, typically. But to me Lucas isn't typical. His father works 12ish hours away.
And EG is living in JH's home. Even with both on the lease. I thought EG was a SAHM. JH pays the bills. EG feels she's owed the world I'm sure. I think her X would have more perspective.
In time Lucas being there would bring question.
I would not expect anyone with a child to just "get out". I mean no disrespect..... EG's X doesn't seem like the type to be immature & not think out the consequences to a 5 year old up & moving from his home in a few days. And without a parent to boot. Where's Lucas living?
Lucas has 3 caretakers, all of which need to be supervised with children, IMO. Those 3 can't think past their next pack of smokes. EG's X appears to be an functioning adult. I think Lucas being gone would be more of a concern for EG's X. Than it would be more concerning to him than Lucas being there. If EG & X talked.

I do think EG's older boys coming for a visit is the reason she had to call LE. And couldn't wait a bit longer until closer to JH coming home to report Lucas missing.
Lucas was gone then. Lies matter now.

Continuing with speculation on the evolution of a lie...
Valentines Day. The weather in Wichita was GORGEOUS. Hi 71F. It has been said in various articles she frequently did visits with her boys at the park. What better day to have a visit in the park? And take pictures maybe? Pictures of her and her boys and the baby and no Lucas.... maybe this is what necessitated the need to lie to JH
Because he’s out of town...without some sort of damning evidence why does she say anything at all about where Lucas is? Saying he was with JO just feels sloppy like a throw away. He’s not going to question that kind of thing....
and the pics show she was there, so that leads to looking at the park for Lucas or at least for clues...
*continuing a train of thought*
Do we know when she told this lie, was it on VD? After? After Lucas went missing?
I can’t remember if that’s been said
4303a8e4b95da5ab8320275aeec61e5b.jpg

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/wichita-ks/67202/february-weather/348426

Yes, typically. But to me Lucas isn't typical. His father works 12ish hours away.
And EG is living in JH's home. Even with both on the lease. I thought EG was a SAHM. JH pays the bills. EG feels she's owed the world I'm sure. I think her X would have more perspective.
In time Lucas being there would bring question.
I would not expect anyone with a child to just "get out". I mean no disrespect..... EG's X doesn't seem like the type to be immature & not think out the consequences to a 5 year old up & moving from his home in a few days. And without a parent to boot. Where's Lucas living?
Lucas has 3 caretakers, all of which need to be supervised with children, IMO. Those 3 can't think past their next pack of smokes. EG's X appears to be an functioning adult. I think Lucas being gone would be more of a concern for EG's X. Than it would be more concerning to him than Lucas being there. If EG & X talked.

I do think EG's older boys coming for a visit is the reason she had to call LE. And couldn't wait a bit longer until closer to JH coming home to report Lucas missing.
Lucas was gone then. Lies matter now.

Given the dynamic of their relationship tho- anger and control- and his cutting off other family members so cavelierly, I don’t think that if they did break up he would leave Lucas there... I think it would be a different, angry and even violent scenario of him taking Lucas somewhere and maybe even the baby... their concern doesn’t seem to be with the children or their care but more about their own personal ego
JMO

Deleted; got excited and asked a question that was already asked/answered a few pages ago :blushing:

I do wonder why EG's other son was spraying so much air freshener...perhaps they were sick of the smell? An MJ smell maybe? A meth smell? (btw-- does meth even smell?)

My 3 year old was spraying my air freshener all over the place just yesterday. I was in the kitchen cooking and he was in the living room spraying. He comes to me with an empty can of air freshener and says "mmm mama it smells soooo good". My hardwood floors were so sticky. It was horrible. Point is, kids will be kids. Ornery, adventurous, curious and playful. It may have just been for that reason or it very well could have been for your reason. I would hope that the apartment complex they lived at wouldn't allow tenants to smoke marijuana. Living in a townhome,I know how nasty that stuff smells when it comes through your walls. Yuck. (Sorry pot smokers, I have nothing against marijuana, per se, but that stuff smells like a skunks butt) Maybe they were spraying because it smelled like feet. That many people in such a confined space, there are bound to be some smells. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member