Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #21 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believed this to be the case also. Her license wasn't restricted in the way we all envision, but there was a condition in her parenting agreement related to driving. So she couldn't get a ticket for it probably, but if the family court learned she'd not followed the restriction, then she could have gotten an adverse effect to her custody agreement.

If a parent is restricted from picking up a child in a court order like this, the wording we used was different......it would say something like the parent is only allowed to drive the children with another adult driver in the car. The fact that the word restricted is being used means they have a restricted license. The only time I ever saw wording like this in an investigation was because the adult had a restricted or suspended license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, so much this! I’m a recovering alcoholic and attend meetings regularly. Those who are court ordered to attend meetings are often ones who go right back out as soon as the conditions are met as court ordered. If someone doesn’t actually use the tools given from these prevention classes then they will not be helped.

I remember going to some type of training when becoming a foster parent and one of the participants was a father who wanted visitation with his child who was in foster care. Just as the class was beginning he left to go to the restroom and never came back. It was obvious that he just came to sign the attendees sheet. Sad his child wasn't important enough for him to try to get something out of the training.

I realize I'm going to sound rude & jaded and I don't mean it toward you in any way, but if the court order/plan didn't stop her from beating the **** out of Lucss, why would it stop her from driving?
I believed this to be the case also. Her license wasn't restricted in the way we all envision, but there was a condition in her parenting agreement related to driving. So she couldn't get a ticket for it probably, but if the family court learned she'd not followed the restriction, then she could have gotten an adverse effect to her custody agreement.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

According to a lot of detectives, falling asleep while in an interrogation room is one of the main signs of guilt a suspect can physically display.

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji230][emoji5]

A lot of times, people will try a lot of tactics to get an interview to stop......sometimes pretending to “fall asleep” is the best they can come up with but investigators are patient and will sit there and just stare at them!

I realize I'm going to sound rude & jaded and I don't mean it toward you in any way, but if the court order/plan didn't stop her from beating the **** out of Lucss, why would it stop her from driving?

I'm sure it didn't. I don't think we should even factor the license situation into the thought of where she'd take Lucas's body. She's a person who has no regard for the most serious of laws or morals, so I bet she didn't even think about not having a license, if that were the case. I was just saying what I had interpreted from the document.

IMO MOO JMO all that jazz....

She is a narcissist to the upteenth power and is not going to tell anything she knows until there is a benefit to her. I do not get the impression she has the ability to love or empathize with anyone, not JH, not MH, her boys, and most certainly not Lucas, so unless the prosecutor/investigators offers something beneficial to her, mums the word. And I do not believe that the death penalty scares her because I am sure by now, she is aware of how long it has been since anyone has been executed in KS and is willing to call anyone's bluff.

I dont know what tactic would get thru to her at this point.

Gawd, I hate that "woman" (lack of a better word within TOS) and all the ones like her.

According to a lot of detectives, falling asleep while in an interrogation room is one of the main signs of guilt a suspect can physically display.

That is an interesting piece of information here! I never even considered that falling asleep during an interrogation would/could be a thing people do.
Would make sense it would be the guilty people who would do that.

If a parent is restricted from picking up a child in a court order like this, the wording we used was different......it would say something like the parent is only allowed to drive the children with another adult driver in the car. The fact that the word restricted is being used means they have a restricted license. The only time I ever saw wording like this in an investigation was because the adult had a restricted or suspended license.

Thats not how its worded in the affidavit tho. Thats the word we/WS have chosen to use.

I'm surprised that none none of you are talking about this little piece also:

"The next day, Feb. 19, Lucas’ father sent a text saying Glass wanted to speak with the investigators, and he brought her back to a police interview room at City Hall. An FBI agent also was present for the second interview."

This clearly shows that Jonathan and Emily talked about Lucas being gone which I am sure they would have but he literally drove her back to the questioning room. I have always thought since day one he might know what happened to little Lucas. Granted, I know he has been cleared since he was at work but I've always said that does not mean Emily told him what happened. He has always defended her even PB has stated that he is in denial. I don't think he's in denial - I think he knows. He knew about the previous abuse that happened. This piece in the article has me wondering even more about what I suspect. Do any of you guys feel the same way?

Quoted article part is from here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article210955789.html

I thought he knew, but this actually kind of changed my mind. It seems to me like he got home freaking out, talked to her, and convinced her to go back. The fact that HE texted them and HE drove her back shows that he was the one pushing for it... not her. I still think he was just as abusive as her though, and just got lucky to be out of town when the final blow came. If he's in denial, it's denial that beating a small child can lead to their death... not that EG would hurt Lucas.

I remember going to some type of training when becoming a foster parent and one of the participants was a father who wanted visitation with his child who was in foster care. Just as the class was beginning he left to go to the restroom and never came back. It was obvious that he just came to sign the attendees sheet. Sad his child wasn't important enough for him to try to get something out of the training.

I’ve never abused my child but sometimes I think I need classes because raising a teenager is sometimes baffling to me lol

So what happen? It was not the LL that seen Lucas? It was the neighbor?

I am not sure we can accurately answer that at this moment.
Could be one... or both... or they could be one in the same.

Sorry to interrupt the flow but it seems a few reminders are in order:

Discussion about fundraising in the various cases is not allowed.

Numerous OT posts have been removed. The odd off-topic post is okay, but sometimes it derails the thread to the point that it becomes hard to know what details refer to the case at hand or some unrelated personal matter that someone else has posted.

Don’t discuss PMs at all. No “PM me” or “Your mailbox is full” of “I private messaged so-and-so”, etc. Just don’t discuss them.

Thanks.

Sorry! I know I was guilty! Thanks for removing for me as I don’t know how to remove!
Thanks to you as mods also, your job here is a busy one I’m sure but so necessary and helpful to us posters![emoji177]

I'm sure it didn't. I don't think we should even factor the license situation into the thought of where she'd take Lucas's body. She's a person who has no regard for the most serious of laws or morals, so I bet she didn't even think about not having a license, if that were the case. I was just saying what I had interpreted from the document.

Right, I can't imagine her even thinking about her restricted license. Especially with a dead body in her car.
(IMO.. assuming she had a dead body...MOO...all that)

I am not in disagreement with you- you've made several excellent points that I back you up on 100%.

I just don't understand how you can have a "Q&A" with a child that young and know that they are alone, and at least not call the cops? What happened after to Lucas, I fear, would have happened eventually, if not that night, so I do not at all blame them for his disappearance. But I wonder, what made them go over to their home, after they realized that EG and the baby was not at home- was Lucas possibly outside looking for EG? Could he have woken up and got scared, and went to look for her, causing the neighbor to come over? We don't have any information as to what caused this neighbor to go over there after they suspected Lucas was alone.

It also makes me wonder about the back door. In the earlier articles, they said the back door was open when he disappeared- was this door broken or did something happen that night to cause it to stay open?

Too many things going through my head right now, going back to when he was first reported missing.

I am curious as to whether the neighbor and landlord are the same person, or was there two separate visits that night? If it was two separate people, then just how long was EG truly gone?

Unless it has changed in the last few years, there is actually not an age in a law that says a child can not be left alone. Part of that is because it’s never been proposed, another is because leaving a child alone in their bedroom could technically be considered being left alone. Obviously, 5 is too young. If they had called the police, they would have shown up, sat and waited for EG, talked to her and then left unless she had a warrant. A referral may be made to CPS to check it out of course, but not necessarily. I can’t tell you how many people do this. In apartments especially, people will have neighbors close enough so they just assume it’s okay. I think we can’t speculate about what the neighbor did or did not do here, that’s not fair and they aren’t the ones on trial here.

I am fairly certain that when you ask for a lawyer the questioning is supposed to stop immediately.

Edited to add this:
“The Court further instructed the police that if a suspect says he wants a lawyer, the police must cease any interrogation or questioning until an attorney is present. Further, the police must give the suspect an opportunity to confer with his attorney and to have the attorney present during any subsequent questioning.”

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/the-miranda-case-and-the-right-to-counsel.html

I believe it’s Canada that they can continue asking questions as long as POI is still talking even after requesting attorney. Example: Robert Picton Interviews.
I believe you are correct about US which is scary when you think they may successfully throw out so much :-(

I thought he knew, but this actually kind of changed my mind. It seems to me like he got home freaking out, talked to her, and convinced her to go back. The fact that HE texted them and HE drove her back shows that he was the one pushing for it... not her. I still think he was just as abusive as her though, and just got lucky to be out of town when the final blow came. If he's in denial, it's denial that beating a small child can lead to their death... not that EG would hurt Lucas.

i read this the same way too - it made me picture JH going "ok, we have to go do this, clear your name, give them the details you can recall so they can move on and find him."

i dont mean this relates to any of the abuse he overlooked but specific to getting home and dealing with lucas being gone, i read it as he went into the motions of doing what needed to be done/answered

I totally agree. That was not the point of my original post. It was that it was being stated as fact that she had no license, her license was suspended, etc. I was trying to clarify that that is NOT what the affidavit about her 2 boys said and that it was really just a restriction from driving her boys anywhere, not a true restricted license.

i read this the same way too - it made me picture JH going "ok, we have to go do this, clear your name, give them the details you can recall so they can move on and find him."

i dont mean this relates to any of the abuse he overlooked but specific to getting home and dealing with lucas being gone, i read it as he went into the motions of doing what needed to be done/answered

Right. I imagined him saying, "Why did you stop talking to them? You need to go back and tell them whatever they need to know to find Lucas. You don't have to be afraid... you didn't do anything wrong."

<modsnip>Thank you for saying it more clearly than I could. Now, if someone who knows for a fact could let us know which is accurate, that would be awesome.

Where are you Lucas?

Sorry mods. Im frustrated and didnt mean to give you more work to do. Might be time for a self-imposed time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876