Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The LL seeing Lucas on the 16th was straight from LE. However, that was way back only a week after he went missing.

Apparently something has changed. Perhaps the LL had their dates mixed up and they didn't see Lucas on that Friday, but another? It is interesting that no date is included in the article for when the neighbor saw him (unless it has been added since I read it last).

At this point, it is my opinion that both the LL and a neighbor saw him (two different people) and that the dates he was seen are unknown to us at this time.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I can't believe that LE would mix up the date with LL. Could he have seen Lucas first, then left, the neighbor got suspicious as they might have seen EG leave with the baby earlier, and went over to check on Lucas? Maybe LE didn't know about the neighbor seeing and talking to him until after they found out about the landlord's sighting? Maybe they kept the neighbor's account to themselves for whatever reason.

On another case here, there is information for someone who is one of only 50 in the US that are considered to be professional body language analysts that help police. It would be great if a VI can push to bring one in to view her and Johns interviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies if this is not allowed but I thought it was relevant to the discussion.

According to Detective Sergeant Joe Giacalone, Commanding Officer of a New York City Cold Case Squad, the guilty always sleep. Literally. The instant they sit down in the interrogation room, they put their heads down and fall asleep. And, while there’s no scientific evidence to explain this behavior, it’s become part of police lore and something not to be ignored.

http://crimewriters.blogspot.com/2011/05/dos-and-donts-of-interrogating-suspect.html?m=1

I think they've said all we can discuss about the cousin is what was said about her by JO on the podcast.

I also noticed there was a layered question that JO didn't really get to answer all of and I'm wondering if she lost her train of thought (that happened a few times during the interview, and I totally understand that) or purposely avoided it - specifically the point where she was asked if cadaver dogs were brought in. I was on the edge of my seat for an answer when she was asked that, but her answer was about how WPD has gone above and beyond, which was kind of a generic answer - BUT, like I said, the question was layered because the cadaver dog was asked about and then they went on to ask about which other investigative procedures that were used.

Does the CE charge require a unanimous verdict for a conviction? Its been a long time since I studied legal proceedings.

I believe anytime jury is selected, it will have to be unanimous. I don’t believe this will be any different. This is why her attorney was so concerned about Lucas’ name being brought up at the trial-because the case has been so public. His name has to be brought up in some way at the trial because he was at the home. She was worried it might sway the jury.......
MOO

Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful and wonderful Mom's here at Websleuths, including furmommies. :heartbeat:

Sending love and hugs to Jamie. I hope she can spend a part of her day with her other darling children- I can't imagine what she is going through right now. Bittersweet day for her, I hope and pray she gets answers soon as to where her beloved Lucas is. She deserves that much and so much more. :heartbeat:

It saddens me that people still want to hang Jamie out to dry. Did you actually listen to the interview word for word? Did you hear the pain in her voice, the fact that she has to live with all of this the rest of her life and that she desperately wanted to protect her son or the fact that she acknowledges she has made mistakes. At least one parent in Lucas’ life cares and isn’t too proud to admit her faults. I don’t know a single parent out there that is perfect. Shoot, I don’t know a single person that is actually perfect. Jamie did what she thought was best for Lucas. She also reported abuse and confronted it head on yet nothing was done by LE, DCF it CPS at the time. She took most of the pictures that we’ve all seen and cried tears over.

Reality is Jamie was no where near Lucas when he went missing and neither was Jonathan but you know who was - EMILY! Until there is concrete evidence saying there is someone else that shouldn’t be in the spotlight then Emily it is. The writing is on the walls unless you have your rose colored glasses on of course...

Jamie, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. In honor of Mother’s Day I will be thinking of you and knowing that this 1st Mother’s Day without your sweet boy and knowing where he is will be the hardest of them all. Cherish the memories and know he loved you more than anything. It’s apparent in all of the pictures.

I’m not doing a very good job of sitting on these hands of mine today! I will try harder.

Well said!! Agree! My heart breaks for her and her precious precious little boy. If we cry,as strangers,never knowing him,every time we see his little precious face,I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through.
She is going through so much already and doesnt need to read about what anyone else thinks of her :( .

My thoughts are also with Jamie, don't torture yourself too much, you did what was possible for you to do.[emoji176]

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk
Much love from Germany![emoji178]

I can't believe that LE would mix up the date with LL. Could he have seen Lucas first, then left, the neighbor got suspicious as they might have seen EG leave with the baby earlier, and went over to check on Lucas? Maybe LE didn't know about the neighbor seeing and talking to him until after they found out about the landlord's sighting? Maybe they kept the neighbor's account to themselves for whatever reason.

I don’t think it would be unusual at all for the LL to have a friendly relationship with at least one of the neighbors. Landlords make visits to their properties for repairs, rent collection, yard maintenance; drive-by’s to check on reports of heavy traffic and all sorts of things. IIRC, the neighbor who gave an interview stated that he had lived there for some time. So, I could imagine something like 1) LL stops by and sees Lucas peeking through the window, 2) LL calls EG who states that she will be home shortly, 3) EG doesn’t arrive and LL is pressed for time/tired of waiting, 4) LL goes next door to ask neighbor to watch over Lucas until his supposed parental unit arrives. All speculation and IMO.

I don’t think it would be unusual at all for the LL to have a friendly relationship with at least one of the neighbors. Landlords make visits to their properties for repairs, rent collection, yard maintenance; drive-by’s to check on reports of heavy traffic and all sorts of things. IIRC, the neighbor who gave an interview stated that he had lived there for some time. So, I could imagine something like 1) LL stops by and sees Lucas peeking through the window, 2) LL calls EG who states that she will be home shortly, 3) EG doesn’t arrive and LL is pressed for time/tired of waiting, 4) LL goes next door to ask neighbor to watch over Lucas until his supposed parental unit arrives. All speculation and IMO.

Or, LL is the neighbor
Or, neighbor called LL after talking with Luke-
Any which way we slice it, I am interested in the dialogue between the neighbor and Luke, and I’d bet he stayed there with him till she arrived-that is probably what set her off- we can surmise that since Lucas had contact with “said person” that is most likely what set her off. I wonder what he was wearing during that time, & what his condition was.

A good friend of mine is a 20 year Detective- I was curious about EG falling asleep in the interview room. I was told “they all fall asleep at some point”. They are sitting in there for hours sometimes before detectives get in there - on the first interview I can see this. Especially if we factor in her being up potentially from a.m. of the 16th to a.m. of the 18th-
Also, guilt takes a ton of energy, remembering the lies, forwards and backwards. Repeating it over and over, trying to figure out if you just screwed up-
MOO

I believe anytime jury is selected, it will have to be unanimous. I don’t believe this will be any different. This is why her attorney was so concerned about Lucas’ name being brought up at the trial-because the case has been so public. His name has to be brought up in some way at the trial because he was at the home. She was worried it might sway the jury.......
MOO

I think that the whole hearing on Friday was to set a precedent for any charges/trial regarding Lucas. If anything from the CE charges are considered unlawful (such as any interrogations in this case) they wouldn’t be allowed in any proceedings regarding Lucas. If they were thrown out once it would be thrown out again.

I really hope that I made sense there! I’m so tired today, I didn’t sleep really well last night. The interview with JO was swirling in my head on a loop.

My last post yesterday was weird. Seems I fell asleep as I was writing it sorry. I could edit when I woke up this morning. New mistake for me. 😇

Apologies if this is not allowed but I thought it was relevant to the discussion.

According to Detective Sergeant Joe Giacalone, Commanding Officer of a New York City Cold Case Squad, the guilty always sleep. Literally. The instant they sit down in the interrogation room, they put their heads down and fall asleep. And, while there’s no scientific evidence to explain this behavior, it’s become part of police lore and something not to be ignored.

http://crimewriters.blogspot.com/2011/05/dos-and-donts-of-interrogating-suspect.html?m=1

As an innocent person whose been wrongfully detained multiple times, the anxiety and dread at being interrupted out of the blue has always made me feel like crawling the walls in anticipation of that door opening & finding out what the hell is going on.

So anyone who can sleep under those conditions... it says a lot, imo.

Or, LL is the neighbor
Any which way we slice it, I am interested in the dialogue between the neighbor and Luke, and I’d bet he stayed there with him till she arrived-that is probably what set her off- we can surmise that since Lucas had contact with “said person” that is most likely what set her off. I wonder what he was wearing during that time, & what his condition was.

A good friend of mine is a 20 year Detective- I was curious about EG falling asleep in the interview room. I was told “they all fall asleep at some point”. They are sitting in there for hours sometimes before detectives get in there - on the first interview I can see this. Especially if we factor in her being up potentially from a.m. of the 16th to a.m. of the 18th-
Also, guilt takes a ton of energy, remembering the lies, forwards and backwards. Repeating it over and over, trying to figure out if you just screwed up-
MOO

BBM- As much how he was saying what he said, and demeanor. Lucas wouldn't know EG's reaction but sure did know her well enough to understand no good deed goes unpunished.
If this witness was responsible enough to have watched over him long enough for EG to return, so much the better; we can't unwrite this tragic tale now.

As to detainees behaviour, I don't know that anyone has access to a clock in these rooms. One is not free to leave whenever they please, it's a very contained environment in which the only change occurs in the interaction with detectives.

That can lead to a lot of outcomes. EG being with child will largely be the believed excuse for 'exhaustion'; no doubt a known card she's played prior to this.

I think that the whole hearing on Friday was to set a precedent for any charges/trial regarding Lucas. If anything from the CE charges are considered unlawful (such as any interrogations in this case) they wouldn’t be allowed in any proceedings regarding Lucas. If they were thrown out once it would be thrown out again.

I really hope that I made sense there! I’m so tired today, I didn’t sleep really well last night. The interview with JO was swirling in my head on a loop.

I think imo;

1. EG has a good attorney.

2. The judge will not toss evidence

3. The trial will be postponed due to the motion to exclude decision due friday

4. EG will likely be found guilty. Hopefully serve at least 6 months, giving the DA AND OUR DEDICATED LE TEAMS ADDITIONAL TIME TO FIND LUCAS AND ASSEMBLE THE STRINGEST CASE AGAINST EG.

I STRONGLY FEEL SHE WILL GO TO TRIAL AND NOT ONLY BE found GUILTY, she will lose any and all parental rights. By that time she will have given birth and the baby will be removed from her and be placed in State custody.

She will never ever have access to another child in order to do harm.

End if a waisted life. When she could have been anything. Even the nurse she parented to be in training.

A total waste.........sadly the damage she inflicted to scores if lives.a very sad legacy.

Well, I hope she gets more than 6 months - I hope she gets the full 12 because she's already been in jail for 3 months and would likely get credit for time served - meaning they would only have her for another 3 if she was only sentenced to 6.

BUT they DO still have the CE charge for Lucas they can then bring against her once this CE for the baby is sorted out - which would start this process all over again.

I do think they could charge her with CE for leaving him home alone for her OG jaunt and still bring a separate charge against her for his death as they seem to be two separate events, although it does seem that one led to another. Im not sure if they would choose to do that - I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ETA: Another thing I just realized - if she's sentenced and given credit for time served, she may get out even earlier than the remainder of the time left on her sentence if the Sedgwick County jail has any overcrowding issues - I've never known anyone to serve a full sentence unless they were breaking jail rules left and right.

ANOTHER another thing - this could have changed, but in Missouri if you are sentenced to 365 or more days, you are sent to state prison instead of county jail. Anything less than 364 days would be served out in county. I don't know what difference that would/could make or if it's even true for Kansas, but just something else that dawned on me.

I just hope they have enough to bring murder charges against her soon. I don't want her to have even 10 minutes of freedom ever again.

I think imo;

1. EG has a good attorney.

2. The judge will not toss evidence

3. The trial will be postponed due to the motion to exclude decision due friday

4. EG will likely be found guilty. Hopefully serve at least 6 months, giving the DA AND OUR DEDICATED LE TEAMS ADDITIONAL TIME TO FIND LUCAS AND ASSEMBLE THE STRINGEST CASE AGAINST EG.

I STRONGLY FEEL SHE WILL GO TO TRIAL AND NOT ONLY BE found GUILTY, she will lose any and all parental rights. By that time she will have given birth and the baby will be removed from her and be placed in State custody.

She will never ever have access to another child in order to do harm.

End if a waisted life. When she could have been anything. Even the nurse she parented to be in training.

A total waste.........sadly the damage she inflicted to scores if lives.a very sad legacy.

EG does have a great attorney, her attorney is smart enough to attempt to set precedent for upcoming charges. IMO unless there was some gross misconduct by LE (which I seriously doubt) nothing is going to be thrown out.

I’m actually really happy that she has a good attorney. It means once she’s convicted there is one less reason to appeal.

Totally Adore You, Pink!!!!!
I know you’re the queen of the house!!

Well, I am at least treated like one and there is never a day I take that for granted! I woke up to coffee, flowers and blueberry crepes and the children won't even be here until this afternoon!! I love me some Mr. Pink!

Or, LL is the neighbor

MOO

BBM
Ohhh, that's a good thought. Maybe the neighbor stopped by for whatever reason and saw LH and talked to him. Being new to the neighborhood, the neighbor probably didn't have EG's phone number, but could have had the LL's number (especially if the LL lived there at one point). Neighbor calls LL, LL swings by to verify, calls EG (5:43 call), EG rushes home furious.

The LL seeing Lucas on the 16th was straight from LE. However, that was way back only a week after he went missing.

Apparently something has changed. Perhaps the LL had their dates mixed up and they didn't see Lucas on that Friday, but another? It is interesting that no date is included in the article for when the neighbor saw him (unless it has been added since I read it last).

At this point, it is my opinion that both the LL and a neighbor saw him (two different people) and that the dates he was seen are unknown to us at this time.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Hi FLA! Given this uncertainty--combined with Jamie's remarks in the interview and LE asking EG to write down everything from noon Friday through 911 call--is it your opinion that the focused time frame has remained the same or has it shifted?

It’s been said that dishonest people give WAY too much information/details because they are attempting to convince you. I bet there is a ton of extra details in there to fill time gaps and she is hoping that giving more detail will show how “honest” she is.

Or, LL is the neighbor

MOO

EG was detailed -- SIX pages to cover 30(ish) hours? Wonder if it included "smoking bowls," going to OG yet? Wonder if it included pull-ups, naps "like we always do," cleaning, showering, "rough-housing," "cooking"...

I sit here and try to recall SIX pages worth of detail of what I did over the last 30 hours--then I tried again with different 30 hours segments of my life over the last week and again over the last month. How much detail did she think they needed?

I hope they pulled random stuff out and asked her what she did before or after, the order, etc -- I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that. I can imagine the cold stares, defiance, irritation, confusion, and resorting to playing a victim--outside of when she was falling asleep, of course. JMO

I was relieved to read that JO believes (per her interview) that the entire house wats processed by LE during the first week Lucas was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member