Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was meant in the context of what might have gone through EG's mind during that time period, to which I wholeheartedly agree with tnith's post.

And seemed to be heavily implied by the DA especially in closing statements - rebutting the defense claim of no physical evidence because she had at least a day to clean and get rid of evidence.
f5a23969b0eae6726b808c823dfbe7c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m wondering if the phone records indicate that she FaceTimed with JH on Friday or if that was part of her written statement.
Myself as well. I'm surprised that little gem wasn't brought up in court, to be honest. Maybe it's being saved for Lucas' trial, if there ever is one for her. *sigh*

Oh for craps sake......they should google it. They would have to file for a search warrant to do it and it’s in a whole other county. The city couldn’t search it even if they wanted to, there is jurisdictional issues. Private search groups would have a better shot of doing the search. I’m all for searching it, with the right very specific information.

https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/environment/

This is a link to everything to know about trash here in Wichita. In 2016 alone, there was over 300,000 tons of solid waste brought into the facility. One ton is equal to 2,000. Add in the fact that all the trash is continually compacted, you can see the problem.

http://plumbthicketlandfill.com

Here is the link to our landfill and I’m uploading a photo of the landfill from google maps. This place is huge, with the right information is searchable. It’s just not specific enough yet.

b17bc9098e554f4a125137f173518feb.jpg

bbm

That's what I gleaned from the articles. I'd like to think LE is keeping a ton of information from the public but I have this nagging, sinking feeling they don't have much to go on. Certainly not enough for a landfill search.

I'm probably on the minority and will get bashed for saying it but It just seems to me nothing is being done by those in charge. No public appeals to landowners to search, no recent requests for tips, etc. I'm not saying they should release any sensitive investigatory material but at least make an appeal for tips. <sigh>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phone records indicated she was at OG at 4:53 so she may have even gotten there earlier... her texts to JH were about 3:30 IIRC

I guess I am just thinking of heavy traffic, as kansasjason pointed out. Getting her daughter buckled and unbuckled in her car seat to and from, waiting for a table, unless someone she was meeting was already there (JMO, not a fact), Friday nights at all OG's in my area are PACKED from 5 pm- 7:30/8PM. Sitting down, ordering food, waiting for food to be delivered, waiting for the check.....no, it can't be done in an hour's time, in my books. With two phone calls inbetween from the landlord. Now, if this had been McDonald's or some other fast food place that was in the area, sure. OG? Uh uh.

"I'm only a minor repeat offender, caught up in unforeseen events... so unanticipated that I had to take time to prepare for police to search my property & remove incriminating evidence"

rbbm

Sorry, do you have a link for this? I must have missed it. TIA :)

There are dozens of articles referencing EG's experiences with LE following illegal activity. I'm specifically excluding her dealings with LE in other towns and counties.
One list of Emily's criminal activity, for example:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201455644.html

EG believed she knew local LE well at the time she invoked 911 for the purpose of reporting Lucas 'missing', anticipated certain actions of them, and took appropriate measures to ensure her status as a public victim.

We may now examine her mindset & 'subsequent actions' to be based not on that of a rational guardian whose unable to locate their ward; but in deductions based upon previous experiences.

EG's greater span of legal infractions in KS form her general approach...
-yet it's her own peculiar behaviour and actions in January & February of 2018, which led EG to conclude she'd soon be interrupted by the legal system...
-her own DV events involved 911 calls; from these incidents EG deduces that a caller is perceived as the victim and she may then use LE as defense should she choose that route...

Coming from a family with a drug addict Ed/murderer in it, perhaps her family felt jail was the safest place for her to be at the time. I think she is guilty but I have the unique perspective of knowing how the family of a killer and/or addict feels.
My first question is if they have $$ for Pi why didn’t they attempt to bail her from jail.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Coming from a family with a drug addict/murderer in it, perhaps her family felt jail was the safest place for her to be at the time. I think she is guilty but I have the unique perspective of knowing how the family of a killer and/or addict feels.

My teenager works at an OG. I drop him off at work at 4ish and there is already no where to park in the parking lot at that time, I have to pull to the side of the building and let him out. It's worse on Friday and Saturday afternoon/evenings.

bbm

That's what I gleaned from the articles. I'd like to think LE is keeping a ton of information from the public but I have this nagging, sinking feeling they don't have much to go on. Certainly not enough for a landfill search.

I'm probably on the minority and will get bashed for saying it but It just seems to me nothing is being done by those in charge. No public appeals to landowners to search, no recent requests for tips, etc. I'm not saying they should release any sensitive investigatory material but at least make an appeal for tips. <sigh>

Toward the end.

https://www.facebook.com/WichitaPolice/videos/10155828050944514/

I guess I am just thinking of heavy traffic, as kansasjason pointed out. Getting her daughter buckled and unbuckled in her car seat to and from, waiting for a table, unless someone she was meeting was already there (JMO, not a fact), Friday nights at all OG's in my area are PACKED from 5 pm- 7:30/8PM. Sitting down, ordering food, waiting for food to be delivered, waiting for the check.....no, it can't be done in an hour's time, in my books. With two phone calls inbetween from the landlord. Now, if this had been McDonald's or some other fast food place that was in the area, sure. OG? Uh uh.

I’m not sure but did she say she went in and ate at OG? OG has an ‘on the go’ service whereby you can order by mobile and just pick up your order.

I&#8217;m not sure but did she say she went in and ate at OG? OG has an &#8216;on the go&#8217; service whereby you can order by mobile and just pick up your order.

I believe it was said that she did sit down and eat there.

Oh you’re preaching to the choir. As a local I’ve pointed out more than once her proximity to several schools and the fact that school lets out about the time she was leaving Home, and the heavy traffic in the area between her house and OG at that time on a Friday

bbm

I will tread lightly because my perspective really will be different from most. The fact is the investigation is always meant to be done behind the tightest of closed doors. It has to be, one presumption or suspicion that turns out not to be true can taint a potential jury, turn innocent people into social outcasts and can ruin chances for a crime to be solved. It’s frustrating, I know. But from LE’s perspective, they aren’t allowed to search just anywhere, there is a protocol for them to follow, starting with obtaining a warrant to do a search. A judge isn’t going to sign one without some sort of documentation to back it up. Public land is a lot easier for them to search, but privately owned land is, as it should be, much harder to get permission to do. There is also the fact that Lucas went missing in Wichita, but you can be several counties away in less than an hour. WPD can’t search just anywhere. That’s why the FBI gets involved. I wish it were different. I really do, but someone is responsible for Lucas being gone. I don’t want to make WPD my enemy when we are relying on their help and support in our public searches and so far, they have been very supportive.

Can you point out where in the linked article she said the words you're quoting? Thanks.
"I'm only a minor repeat offender, caught up in unforeseen events... so unanticipated that I had to take time to prepare for police to search my property & remove incriminating evidence"

There are dozens of articles referencing EG's experiences with LE following illegal activity. I'm specifically excluding her dealings with LE in other towns and counties.
One list of Emily's criminal activity, for example:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201455644.html

EG believed she knew local LE well at the time she invoked 911 for the purpose of reporting Lucas 'missing', anticipated certain actions of them, and took appropriate measures to ensure her status as a public victim.

We may now examine her mindset & 'subsequent actions' to be based not on that of a rational guardian whose unable to locate their ward; but in deductions based upon previous experiences.

EG's greater span of legal infractions in KS form her general approach...
-yet it's her own peculiar behaviour and actions in January & February of 2018, which led EG to conclude she'd soon be interrupted by the legal system...
-her own DV events involved 911 calls; from these incidents EG deduces that a caller is perceived as the victim and she may then use LE as defense should she choose that route...

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I will tread lightly because my perspective really will be different from most. The fact is the investigation is always meant to be done behind the tightest of closed doors. It has to be, one presumption or suspicion that turns out not to be true can taint a potential jury, turn innocent people into social outcasts and can ruin chances for a crime to be solved. It&#8217;s frustrating, I know. But from LE&#8217;s perspective, they aren&#8217;t allowed to search just anywhere, there is a protocol for them to follow, starting with obtaining a warrant to do a search. A judge isn&#8217;t going to sign one without some sort of documentation to back it up. Public land is a lot easier for them to search, but privately owned land is, as it should be, much harder to get permission to do. There is also the fact that Lucas went missing in Wichita, but you can be several counties away in less than an hour. WPD can&#8217;t search just anywhere. That&#8217;s why the FBI gets involved. I wish it were different. I really do, but someone is responsible for Lucas being gone. I don&#8217;t want to make WPD my enemy when we are relying on their help and support in our public searches and so far, they have been very supportive.

ESO, I think you are my first girl crush! :blushing: :giggle:

There is the possibility that she went online and put her name on the wait list so she wouldn't have to wait as long once she was there. We do this at the OG in Topeka to avoid a long wait. But, if she was "smoking a bowl" she probably didn't have the sense to think ahead and do this.

I believe JH and LH Facetimed on Thursday night, not Friday.

I think it was both. Iirc EG, in her written statement, said that she got home from OG, fed Lucas, bathed the kids, put them to bed and face-times with JH on Friday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member