Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Briefing:

Sadly here to talk about missing Lucas Hernandez.

Discovered body in Harvey cty. last night.

Believe it is Lucas, but cannot confirm. But it is likely Lucas.

Autopsy should be completed this afternoon.

EG arrested last night booked into Sedg. cty. jail for obstruction of justice

Body found near 96th and Woodlawn

EG took PI to that site.

PI hired by Lucas' family

When body found PI called WPD and they responded along with Harvey Cty.

When they arrived they found the PI and EG at the scene

PI told them EG led him to the body

PI is David Marshburn of North Carolina

Certain things we can talk about but certain things we can't

This is about bringing justice for Lucas

We do not want to do anything to jeopardize case

As it moves forward, all info will come out in due time

Police are bound by certain rules

Private citizens do not fall under those rules

We have spent significant resources trying to find Lucas

We thank everyone involved in helping to find him

Our investigators have worked really really hard on this case. It captured the community hearts as well as ours.

Please come forward with clues if you have any

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lucas and his family and all of those who dedicated their time.

Not sure if there will be additional arrests yet

LE very glad that we got to this point, very sad, but glad to bring closure. A lot of emotions.

Can't discuss whether any tips came in leading to Harvey county

Police are bound by very strict rules of procedure. Non- police people are not bound by those rules.

Case is still very active. Difficult to say where it could go from here. The case is open, there could be more arrests.

Will not get into any conversations they have had with EG because it's an ongoing investigation.

Honestly, I am hoping she gave him one swift whack over the head with something heavy, and that it did him in quickly, but left evidence for a COD. Just the thoughts that that poor boy had to suffer while passing makes me angry and my stomach turn. Praying so hard it was fast for him, or that he didn't see it coming, and didn't know anything. I despise her right now.

I’m with you Steels! I hope for this too!

Attachments

• 3710AFB9-7857-4B67-B9D9-939FB2F8FBAC.png
    3710AFB9-7857-4B67-B9D9-939FB2F8FBAC.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 246
So, it sounds like PI spent 2 days investigating and spent a good amount of that time with EG? Wherein, he read her like a bad book. Then that somehow turns into her leading him right to Lucas. Impressive, to say the least.

I have to say, I am glad Emily gave up the info, I really did not see that coming. I give her credit for doing that one thing right in her pitiful life.

So, it sounds like PI spent 2 days investigating and spent a good amount of that time with EG? Wherein, he read her like a bad book. Then that somehow turns into her leading him right to Lucas. Impressive, to say the least.

I have to say, I am glad Emily gave up the info, I really did not see that coming. I give her credit for doing that one thing right in her pitiful life.
I am not surprised, I just didn't think he could do it this quick. I am a little surprised she even talked to him and let her guard down. Thank God he was able to though!

I haven’t caught up either but I see this. Sorry if it’s a repeat.
Emily Glass, the stepmother of Lucas Hernandez, was at a site in rural Harvey County hours before the body was found, Sedgwick County District Attorney Mark Bennett said. She was later booked into jail on suspicion of interfering with a law enforcement officer and obstruction.

Authorities have not identified the body, which was found under a bridge on a gravel road near the town of Sedgwick.

"When we arrived, there was a body underneath a bridge up there that appears to be a small human, but it's unrecognizable," Harvey County Sheriff Chad Gay said. No children have been reported missing in Harvey County, he said.
Stepmother of missing Kansas child booked into jail

RIP sweet Lucas.

I'm glad he's been found, sad, angry, relieved... anxious to know the rest of the facts we have all hypothesized about for months.

JO, FLA...I am so so sorry. I can only hope my prayers for comfort, peace, and healing are felt by all who loved Lucas.

Last edited:
I am not surprised, I just didn't think he could do it this quick. I am a little surprised she even talked to him and let her guard down. Thank God he was able to though!

It’s jmo but I think it was a matter of timing coupled with a pi with an extraordinary ability to read people and draw them into his confidence. I tend to think that as awful as EG was and is, she is human and most of us can be persuaded by a person possessing a great deal of charisma. EG spent a lot of time in jail and even though she never wavered from her claims of innocence, once she got out she was surrounded by family and then the pi comes in and works whatever magic he possesses and I think all the tumblers in the lock just clicked into place. Anyway that’s my armchair view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twitch Williams