Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it took them a few hours to find Lucas because she took him and dumped him in the middle of the night. So she knew the general area he was, but maybe wasn't 100% sure of where it was. I know for a fact (due to my job) that marijuana wouldn't affect her memory so that she would totally forget where she put him. Maybe if she was on some other drugs or alcohol then she might black out. But my feeling is that she killed him after she came back from OG, found out the LL had spoken to him and realised he was alone, and she got angry. Then under the cover of darkness she took him and dumped him. She would probably know he was somewhere along that road, but it just a while for the PI to find the exact location.

Come to think of it - if it hasn't been said - if that pullup was on under his pants there might be some good forensic evidence in it! Especially if he was wrapped in a blanket or in a bag or tarp or something.
When a body deceases doesn't it eliminate fluids? I've thought all along that is why she put a diaper on him. I'm wondering if she placed him in plastic bags too. It would be odd to transport a deceased person in your car without covering them in something.

I think it took them a few hours to find Lucas because she took him and dumped him in the middle of the night. So she knew the general area he was, but maybe wasn't 100% sure of where it was. I know for a fact (due to my job) that marijuana wouldn't affect her memory so that she would totally forget where she put him. Maybe if she was on some other drugs or alcohol then she might black out. But my feeling is that she killed him after she came back from OG, found out the LL had spoken to him and realised he was alone, and she got angry. Then under the cover of darkness she took him and dumped him. She would probably know he was somewhere along that road, but it just a while for the PI to find the exact location.
I agree. Always thought beating went to far and she paniced to hide what she did. I will be watching and waiting for her just desserts.

JMO
In hindsight the location of where he was shows that she went there because it was convenient for her. All she did was drive 1 street over and head North.

Edgemoor where she lived was just 1 street over from Woodlawn. She hopped on Woodlawn and went North till she thought she was far enough out of town.

A lot of people were right that she was no master planner in this. She just got lucky it took this long to find him.

Lucas Hernandez case - Google My Maps
Exactly, Hatfield. So many predicted she would dispose of sweet Lucas nearby - somewhere easy and convenient for her as she was so lazy and hated Lucas. :(

I might delete this as soon as I post. But...when we found my brother's body after three months, the coyotes had already got to him. The crime (it wasn't a crime, he had a seizure and died) scene was blocked off for a only a short perimeter. His clothing and shoes were the only thing recognizable.

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.

My cousin was found two years later in a field by teens walking through. At first, they weren't even sure the bones were human, but thankfully, called the police.

Now, as far as folks worrying about COD- they determined that my cousin died of natural causes by himself and that he had cancer(he never knew he had it, never went to the doctors). They got that from his bones, two years of being out in the elements. The only thing that pointed to the possibility of it being him was there was a 2 inch piece of his shirt that he was last seen. It took a DNA test to prove he was ours- and we had to wait several months for that DNA test to come back.

With what we know so far, I think she acted alone.

But the whole story has not been told yet.

I wonder if there was evidence of a body being transported in the vehicle she used. If investigators did their jobs there would have been. That doesn't prove murder but it might explain how they knew Lucas didn't just walk away and was not abducted.

Thank you all for your kind words. We're devestated yet relieved that Lucas is finally home. I pray that Jamie and the rest of our family can finally find some sort of closure to this endless loop of grief that we have been stuck in for so long.

I want to thank all of you for being so loving and supportive of our family. I, personally, have discovered that WS is home for me. You have all become a second family.

As many of you have realized, media has made some inaccurate statements regarding how Lucas was found. My tip is to listen to direct interviews with the PI and trust that what he's saying is accurate.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

(yes, Tricia, I'm ok with my name being here )

JMO
In hindsight the location of where he was shows that she went there because it was convenient for her. All she did was drive 1 street over and head North.

Edgemoor where she lived was just 1 street over from Woodlawn. She hopped on Woodlawn and went North till she thought she was far enough out of town.

A lot of people were right that she was no master planner in this. She just got lucky it took this long to find him.

Lucas Hernandez case - Google My Maps
I think soon some of the searchers would have found him. They were so close in the areas they were looking.
Was this public or private land he was found on?

Under bridges, in waters, tree areas. Seems like this is a common theme when people dispose of a child.
I'm so encouraged now that he has been found. I hope the families are getting along ok, under the circumstances. It's time to come together for our little man.

Thank you all for your kind words. We're devestated yet relieved that Lucas is finally home. I pray that Jamie and the rest of our family can finally find some sort of closure to this endless loop of grief that we have been stuck in for so long.

I want to thank all of you for being so loving and supportive of our family. I, personally, have discovered that WS is home for me. You have all become a second family.

As many of you have realized, media has made some inaccurate statements regarding how Lucas was found. My tip is to listen to direct interviews with the PI and trust that what he's saying is accurate.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

I wish I could hug you in person. You are one loving, caring, and beautiful soul.

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.

My cousin was found two years later in a field by teens walking through. At first, they weren't even sure the bones were human, but thankfully, called the police.

Now, as far as folks worrying about COD- they determined that my cousin died of natural causes by himself and that he had cancer(he never knew he had it, never went to the doctors). They got that from his bones, two years of being out in the elements. The only thing that pointed to the possibility of it being him was there was a 2 inch piece of his shirt that he was last seen. It took a DNA test to prove he was ours- and we had to wait several months for that DNA test to come back.
Dental records and his medical history led to COD and ID. But I knew the minute I saw his shoes. I had just bought them for him for his birthday right before he disappeared. My sisters and I went back to the woods two days later, explored way beyond the perimeter and found part of his foot. We called the police and they took it to the coroner who sent it to the funeral home. I'm also so sorry about your cousin. That's a very long time to wait in distress.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

Bethany, if I could hug all your heartache away I would do that in a heartbeat. I will continue to lift your family in prayer.

I hope and pray we all continue to follow this thread in the future. It's going to be hard to move over to the "located" board. Not seeing his thread on the first page of the Missing board is just so bittersweet- we've been here daily for three months, hoping, praying, speculating, many searching for him, making flyers and posting them everywhere. I just don't want to forget little Lucas. :(

I will be here (mostly lurking) for Lucas and his family. I will never forget that sweet boy.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

Thank you for taking the time to stop in and give us an update, you are very kind for doing so. A big hug for you and give one to Jamie also. I know it has been a tough road for all of you. We are all here for support if you ever need us.

I think soon some of the searchers would have found him. They were so close in the areas they were looking.
Was this public or private land he was found on?

Basically sort of public because he was found under the small bridge that goes over the creek. He was so close to the road and bridge that it is basically considered county maintained.

I watched the news yesterday and saw lots of footage of exactly where he was found. Once you take Woodlawn all the way to 96th and turn left onto 96th, the small creek and bridge is right there just a tiny bit down the road on 96th. The creek is so small going under 96th that you dont really even know its a small bridge.

Something has been nagging at me about how long it took the pi to find Lucas even though EG ‘led’ him to the spot. The reports said they looked for four hours before finding him. Now some of this early reporting might be bad information and if that’s the case my mind has wondered into a theory that won’t hold up. But, if EG had help that night (or early morning Saturday) maybe the ‘help’ was the one who placed the body but told EG where. I think the only way someone would have helped her was if they were in some way complicit. In this mornings briefing police chief Ramsey neither confirmed nor denied if there were more arrests to come. This is of course all random thoughts in my head and not really even fully formed scenarios, just a lot of what ifs and as always moo.

In my opinion, the PI had to tread lightly with EG, so that's why it took that amount of time to lead him to Lucas' body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces