Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect he was recovered in the exact same clothing EG reported him to have been wearing last. Not sure the pull-up would remain intact outdoors in the elements but possibly, if protected by clothing.

It actually made me feel physically sick to type that. That poor little boy. I pray they find ample evidence to put her away for a very long time.

Some of the clothing may still be intact. Hopefully she put him inside something. I believe natural fibers (cotton, wool) deteriorate faster so let’s hope he was in poly blends. I think the pull up may survive if protected by poly blend clothing. Possible blood stains may still be visible. IIRC when Caylee Anthony was found, her blanket and parts of her clothing were still intact. She had been in the swamp for 6 months and under deep water for part of the time.

Just thinking about this makes me ill. Whatever happens WRT charges & sentencing, I hope Emily is never allowed to be alone with another child.

Interesting. So then would they need to get a divorce legally?
One doesn't need to marry legally to be married but they need to divorce legally to get a divorce? Something seems off to me. There has to be a standard, some criteria, that constitutes a marriage. I suppose the fact that there is a child born between them could be a standard.

Law enforcement officers were called to the scene in Harvey County Thursday night after Lucas' 27-year-old stepmother, Emily Glass, led a private investigator (David Marshburn) to the remains under the bridge on a gravel road near the town of Sedgwick, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) north of Wichita. Ramsay said there were other details that indicate the body is Lucas, but that police cannot share that information.

David Marshburn told police he arrived in Wichita from Smithfield, North Carolina, this week.

Pressed as to how Marshburn was able to locate the body so quickly when police have been searching unsuccessfully for months, Ramsay would only say that police are bound by "very strict rules" that do not apply to private citizens...

Chief: Body is likely that of missing 5-year-old Wichita boy

I hope and pray we all continue to follow this thread in the future. It's going to be hard to move over to the "located" board. Not seeing his thread on the first page of the Missing board is just so bittersweet- we've been here daily for three months, hoping, praying, speculating, many searching for him, making flyers and posting them everywhere. I just don't want to forget little Lucas. :(

Something has been nagging at me about how long it took the pi to find Lucas even though EG ‘led’ him to the spot. The reports said they looked for four hours before finding him. Now some of this early reporting might be bad information and if that’s the case my mind has wondered into a theory that won’t hold up. But, if EG had help that night (or early morning Saturday) maybe the ‘help’ was the one who placed the body but told EG where. I think the only way someone would have helped her was if they were in some way complicit. In this mornings briefing police chief Ramsey neither confirmed nor denied if there were more arrests to come. This is of course all random thoughts in my head and not really even fully formed scenarios, just a lot of what ifs and as always moo.

I wonder if he had his pull-up on. Why did she mention it?

I wonder if there was a fight over putting one on or changing one? Regardless, according to the internet it takes 100s of years for disposable diapers to decompose when exposed to the elements. And even more when put in landfills. ‍♀️ According to that, I’m assuming it was intact. I’ll be sitting tight waiting to hear the autopsy report.

I hope and pray we all continue to follow this thread in the future. It's going to be hard to move over to the "located" board. Not seeing his thread on the first page of the Missing board is just so bittersweet- we've been here daily for three months, hoping, praying, speculating, many searching for him, making flyers and posting them everywhere. I just don't want to forget little Lucas. :(

So many of us will be following (patiently) if that’s possible, until justice is served for sweet Lucas!!! Lucas has a family here that never met him and loved him dearly! Hope he is looking down smiling knowing how many people care for him. Wish we could have helped sooner.

Something has been nagging at me about how long it took the pi to find Lucas even though EG ‘led’ him to the spot. The reports said they looked for four hours before finding him. Now some of this early reporting might be bad information and if that’s the case my mind has wondered into a theory that won’t hold up. But, if EG had help that night (or early morning Saturday) maybe the ‘help’ was the one who placed the body but told EG where. I think the only way someone would have helped her was if they were in some way complicit. In this mornings briefing police chief Ramsey neither confirmed nor denied if there were more arrests to come. This is of course all random thoughts in my head and not really even fully formed scenarios, just a lot of what ifs and as always moo.

Good point, I haven’t been able to think too hard on the details yet. It’s also possible she was under the influence and it was dark so her memory wasn’t too sharp.

Anyone else think of logical reasons why someone else may have been present?

I’m still certain she never came right out and said where he was because she still wasn’t willing to take ownership. The PI asked questions... she got uncomfortable or fidgety and the more he mentioned places, things, parts of that night she would give long pauses or answer his questions by re asking what he just asked ... either that or she was so doped up the night of the murder she couldn’t fully remember where she had put him but I’m guessing she just wasn’t willing to fess up completely !

If they charge her with murder they have to prove she murdered him; they do not have to prove how she did it.

I hope they are able to gather enough evidence of things she did to him prior as well as things she said about him to anyone. He was seen many times with various bruises and I can't see a jury automatically thinking it's because he's a boy and boys get bruises and scrapes. Some could be that but not as much and some of the locations on his body that have been shown. Family members heard Lucas speak of some of the abuses EG heaped on him, in his cries for help.

It has already been moved! I hope everyone stays all the way through the trial. I find that most don't as it can take years before there is an actual trial and many move on to other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1