PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A random theory; TC parent; very pro Trump. TC lashing out against the object of their attention.
That's what I theorized too but someone here pointed out that if that was the case that parent would probably have been at the rally. Also, TC researched Biden, the Democratic National Convention, and Kate Middleton as well as Trump and the Trump Rally. I'm going with budding schizophrenia/psychosis on this one or just wanting notoriety.

A random theory; TC parent; very pro Trump. TC lashing out against the object of their attention.
If your random theory turns out to be correct... it would make me wonder if killing his parents presidential choice would be to hurt his parents for some reason unbeknownst to us.

Thank you for this extremely informative article!

I know we briefly discussed the 2015 congressional report. From your article there is a link to USSS response to that report
It's kinda boring except I was a bit horrified to learn that
The Presidential Protective Division's
("PPD") so-called "Fourth Shift" had once ensured that for two weeks out of every eight, the
President's detail was maintaining its strength, practicing, and getting better. But Secret Service
reports show that in FY 2013, apart from firearms re-qualifications and basic career development
technical requirements, the average special agent received only forty-two hours of training. The
Uniformed Division has never trained at the level of PPD, but today training for the Uniformed
Division has also fallen below acceptable levels. In FY 2013, Service data shows that the
Uniformed Division as a whole received 576 hours of training, or about 25 minutes for each of
over 1300 Uniformed Division officers

Also from the OP's article is a link to a 2021 report from the National Academy of Public Administration
I'm linking it for those that like to dig into the weeds, or are information hunters. Be warned it's 155 pages but super informative.

Donald Trump begins speaking at the campaign rally at Grand Rapids, Michigan, where he appears to no longer be wearing a bandage on his injured ear from last Saturday’s assassination attempt.

He has Band-Aids covering the wound.
Photo in article

A random theory; TC parents; very pro Trump. TC lashing out against the object of their attention.
The political split showed up in the Crooks household. Thomas was a registered Republican. His father is a Libertarian and his mother is a Democrat, voter registration records show. Both are social workers. When Crooks was 17, he made a $15 donation to a political action committee earmarked for a Democratic turnout group, according to federal election data.

A neighbor said that years ago she occasionally saw Mary Crooks — who, according to federal authorities, was visually impaired — walking home from work from the local T train station, using a cane. But she had not seen her walking around in recent years.
RSBM

The instructor, who declined to be identified, said his homework responses were thoughtful and his emails polite. He excelled at an assignment to redesign a toy for people with disabilities. “He did a chess set for the blind. He 3D-printed it. He put the Braille on it. He talked to experts in the field,” she recalled. “He really took a lot of care.”

Secret Service said to have denied requests for more security at Trump events​

Top officials repeatedly rejected requests from Trump’s security detail for more manpower and gear at events before attempted assassination, at times citing lack of resources, people familiar with the asks said.

Top officials at the U.S. Secret Service repeatedly denied requests for additional resources and personnel sought by Donald Trump’s security detail in the two years leading up to his attempted assassination at a rally in Pennsylvania last Saturday, according to four people familiar with the requests.

Agents charged with protecting the former president requested magnetometers and more agents to screen attendees at sporting events and other large public gatherings Trump attended, as well as additional snipers and specialty teams at other outdoor events, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive security discussions. The requests, which have not been previously reported, were sometimes denied by senior officials at the agency, who cited various reasons, including a lack of resources at an agency that has long struggled with staffing shortages, they said.

Those rejections — in response to requests that were several times made in writing — led to long-standing tensions that pitted Trump, his top aides and his security detail against Secret Service leadership, as Trump advisers privately fretted that the vaunted security agency was not doing enough to protect the former president.

The Secret Service, after initially denying turning down requests for additional security, is now acknowledging some may have been rejected. The revelation comes as agency veterans say the organization has been forced to make difficult decisions amid competing demands, a growing list of protectees and limited funding.

Secret Service said to have denied requests for more security at Trump events​

Top officials repeatedly rejected requests from Trump’s security detail for more manpower and gear at events before attempted assassination, at times citing lack of resources, people familiar with the asks said.

Top officials at the U.S. Secret Service repeatedly denied requests for additional resources and personnel sought by Donald Trump’s security detail in the two years leading up to his attempted assassination at a rally in Pennsylvania last Saturday, according to four people familiar with the requests.

Agents charged with protecting the former president requested magnetometers and more agents to screen attendees at sporting events and other large public gatherings Trump attended, as well as additional snipers and specialty teams at other outdoor events, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive security discussions. The requests, which have not been previously reported, were sometimes denied by senior officials at the agency, who cited various reasons, including a lack of resources at an agency that has long struggled with staffing shortages, they said.

Those rejections — in response to requests that were several times made in writing — led to long-standing tensions that pitted Trump, his top aides and his security detail against Secret Service leadership, as Trump advisers privately fretted that the vaunted security agency was not doing enough to protect the former president.

The Secret Service, after initially denying turning down requests for additional security, is now acknowledging some may have been rejected. The revelation comes as agency veterans say the organization has been forced to make difficult decisions amid competing demands, a growing list of protectees and limited funding.

That seems rather extreme claim - that USSS refused requests for additional resources and personnel for 2 years leading up to the assassination attempt? Extraordinary claims from anonymous sources require extraordinary proof. I know its WaPo and I've willingly accepted most news outlets stories from anonymous sources following the assassination attempt, but this one seems a little exaggerated. No offense to you, of course.

Last edited:
That seems rather extreme claim - that USSS refused requests for additional resources and personnel for 2 years leading up to the assassination attempt? Extraordinary claims from anonymous sources require extraordinary proof. I know its WaPo and I've willingly accepted most news outlets stories from anonymous sources following the assassination attempt, but this one seems a little exaggerated. No offense to you, of course.
The agency itself is admitting there is truth to this. It's not like we're dealing with the Daily Mail or something. Whatever the facts, they're sure to come out during these hearings.

After receiving detailed questions from The Washington Post, Guglielmi said the agency had learned new information indicating the agency’s headquarters may have in fact denied some requests for additional security from Trump’s detail and was reviewing documentation to understand the specific interactions better.

That seems rather extreme - that USSS refused requests for additional resources and personnel for 2 years leading up to the assassination attempt? Extraordinary claims from anonymous sources require extraordinary proof.
In my opinion it makes total sense that the Secret Service did not provide proper resources to protect President Trump by the fact that a 20 year old was almost successful in assassinating him.

The proof is in the fact that a bullet nearly hit him in the head killing him. JMO.

Might seem a mundane question ... but why couldn't he have paid for his own private security, if he wasn't able to get enough due to limited SS and police resources? To bolster the protection. Add to it.

Seems a logical thing to do. Plenty of people have their own private security. imo

Maybe he will do that in the future.

In my opinion it makes total sense that the Secret Service did not provide proper resources to protect President Trump by the fact that a 20 year old was almost successful in assassinating him.

The proof is in the fact that a bullet nearly hit him in the head killing him. JMO.

I don't dispute that SS messed up at the Butler, PA rally, resulting in a terrible tragedy. I'm just not willing to accept that SS had been shorting Trump on his SS budget and protection for the last 2 years. Trump is a very outspoken man and it seemed unlikely he would have tolerated such cuts in his security without going public and making a fuss.

Of course, its possible, but this time I'm asking for some evidence. I still prefer to wait until the investigation is complete. JMO The only exception would be if there were some glaring problem right now in SS that threatens the security of all the individuals and families it serves.

Might seem a mundane question ... but why couldn't he have paid for his own private security, if he wasn't able to get enough due to limited SS and police resources? To bolster the protection. Add to it.

Seems a logical thing to do. Plenty of people have their own private security. imo

Maybe he will do that in the future.
All former Presidents and their families are afforded protection from the Secret Service. As a former President and now a candidate for the Presidency, Trump should not have to rely on his own security team to keep him safe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back