Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder if they're deliberately trying to sabotage the case to get Emily off. I can't believe those damn searchers talking to the press- they all know better, too- these are not overly exuberant young kids that were a part of the search team- a lot of them are parents and grandparents themselves. They're also making all the wonderful and quiet behind the scenes searchers look sketchy, because even though WE know here at Websleuth's that they are not involved with the media and back patting, many people out there have no clue.

This PI is really angering me- between giving all this information out today, true or not, he needs to shut his mouth! Tomorrow he's going to allow NG to play Emily's confession that she hid Lucas and possibly more? Oh, that's really going to help build a case against her, alright! Something stinks in Denmark here.............
Once again I keep telling myself, "Just read everything before posting..." and again I can't.

I haven't read all the way through, so at this moment I'm thinking 2 things:
1) The loose lips are part of a bigger plan that not all have been clued in on AKA wishful thinking
2) There's a whole lot of "Don't tell anyone, but..." or "You didn't hear it from me, but..." and WHY? It's because people want to be the authority on something. I see it time and time again. One day they're tongue-clucking about gossip and rumors, but the next day they feel compelled to correct the errors that are spilling out of other people's mouths or fingertips. They have to share what they know because there's an esteem attached to being the "one in the know." They need to stop.

I'm not trying to make any character assassinations here, because people make mistakes--they get caught up in things. But whoever it is that "knows" and won't stop running their yaps need to be told to shush and remember why they put in all the time in the first place.

It's starting to look a lot like the groupies who insisted they "knew" EG was completely innocent of anything because they "knew" the "real story."

It becomes more about being right than about getting justice for Lucas!

The only thing that gives me any hope that something other than stupidity is going on is DM's involvement--he's not a god and I'm not putting him on a pedestal, but the part of me that really hopes he knows exactly what he's doing is because he should know better ($%&*!)!!!!!

Back to the corner I go.....

Wow. Listened to the podcast. Sounds like it was obvious to the PI how Lucas died and plenty of tissue left. I know they're waiting for toxicology also but obviously they already can see harm to him. Charges can't come too fast.

I agree had to time some time to absorb the podcast.

EG is simply a meth head.

A meth head who targeted abused and killed a 5 yo left in her care.

She’s cold callous and conniving.

End of story.

I was REALLY interested in the PI's take on JH. He felt JH was being totally honest based on his insight into body language and how people answer questions. Well, I'm not surprised that he cleared JH of any involvement, but I am surprised that JH maintained that EG was innocent. The PI kept repeating to JH "Emily did it..Emily did it". (I loved that part).

Finally JH said, if Emily did it--"I'm done". I don't know what those words implied, and after reflection, I won't try to guess what he meant. My first response, if asked if I found out that Emily did it would be "I'll kill her" but I am not in his mind. Their relationship and family dysfunction is beyond my comprehension.
The PI said EG was slick and conniving. Nancy questioned how could JH believe her, and the PI paused and said "Well she was conniving". I think we will find out that she is "slick and conniving" beyond our worst imagination.

I agree had to time some time to absorb the podcast.

EG is simply a meth head.

A meth head who targeted abused and killed a 5 yo left in her care.

She’s cold callous and conniving.

End of story.

And a bully that found someone unable to fight back.
Very clever of DM to convince EG that her charge would be concealing a body which is less time to serve than murder.
IMO

I finally finished the NG podcast. You know who I think is slick? DM. He acts like a drinking buddy, but he's not. I think he knows exactly what he's doing and saying.

I agree. He did this in the Kelli Bordeaux case as well. EG's goose is cooked as far I can tell. She'd better soak up her remaining time outside of a cage.

I thought the SAME exact thing about her admitting to meth... She’s already admitted drug use to the police and it fell shallow in court.

I pray LE has a strong, strong case against her. It keeps me from losing my mind... although I do believe there is no punishment harsh enough; a little boy barely got to taste to joys of life... and although his life was short, he experienced fear and terror that no human should be subjected to. It just breaks my heart.

Last edited:
I thought the SAME exact thing. She’s already admitted drug use to the police... it wasn’t upheld in court.

They're going to go after her for much more serious charges and I think they will have the evidence to prove the charges. The drug charges are minor in comparison. And she's not that smart. But she thinks she is so that works to LE's advantage.

released without prejudice means the prosecutor can refile the obstruction charge or even file a different but related charge.
If she had been released with prejudice it would be bad, no charges related to the case could be brought. It is like saying ‘case closed’

I’ve actually never seen it put that way- usually it is seen with a dismissal of a case, dismissed with or without prejudice. When it gets to that point it means the same- dismissed with prejudice means those charges cannot be brought again, like with a not guilty verdict

Thus, in a civil case, dismissal without prejudice is a dismissal that allows for re-filing of the case in the future. The present action is dismissed but the possibility remains open that the plaintiff may file another suit on the same claim.

A dismissal with prejudice is dismissal of a case on merits after adjudication.The plaintiff is barred from bringing an action on the same claim. Dismissal with prejudice is a final judgment and the case becomes res judicata on the claims that were or could have been brought in it.

I can’t get a link. It’s simply the two terms googled it’s the very best I can do.

I hate spellcheck when hands act up?

Wondering whether anyone's told her that EG is pregnant. Looks like a fun gal to room up with.
Two horrific cases involving two of the most selfish, evil, deceptive people in the world -- cases that made me cry, made me sick, made me doubt the potential for goodness in everyone -- and you managed to make me laugh out loud.

Thank you, I guess.

And now I don't know how to feel about my reaction....

And I really wish I could reach out & touch each of you (for younger sleuthers, don't freak out-- I'm referencing an old telephone commercial) -- I think we need a collective hug.

So much love and prayers and positive vibes sent out for JO & FLA -- I can't imagine.

Back to self-imposed timeout; this case is messing with my head too much to be of any use. Still reading.

I may be reading to much into it but at the beginning when he says about being asked to come. It sounds as though he spoke to the grandma and JH while EG was still in jail the first time. He says something like “ as it turned out she got out” I found this interesting as I had (obviously wrongly) thought it was after she was out that he was contacted.

I was REALLY interested in the PI's take on JH. He felt JH was being totally honest based on his insight into body language and how people answer questions. Well, I'm not surprised that he cleared JH of any involvement, but I am surprised that JH maintained that EG was innocent. The PI kept repeating to JH "Emily did it..Emily did it". (I loved that part).

Finally JH said, if Emily did it--"I'm done". I don't know what those words implied, and after reflection, I won't try to guess what he meant. My first response, if asked if I found out that Emily did it would be "I'll kill her" but I am not in his mind. Their relationship and family dysfunction is beyond my comprehension.
The PI said EG was slick and conniving. Nancy questioned how could JH believe her, and the PI paused and said "Well she was conniving". I think we will find out that she is "slick and conniving" beyond our worst imagination.

BBM
I've know people like this. They can just completely swoon those that love them and they know it. It's one of the most sad and frustrating things to watch. It's like they put a spell on their victims. And I don't believe in casting spells!

Once again I keep telling myself, "Just read everything before posting..." and again I can't.

1) The loose lips are part of a bigger plan that not all have been clued in on AKA wishful thinking
2) There's a whole lot of "Don't tell anyone, but..." or "You didn't hear it from me, but..." and WHY? It's because people want to be the authority on something. I see it time and time again. One day they're tongue-clucking about gossip and rumors, but the next day they feel compelled to correct the errors that are spilling out of other people's mouths or fingertips. They have to share what they know because there's an esteem attached to being the "one in the know." They need to stop.

I'm not trying to make any character assassinations here, because people make mistakes--they get caught up in things. But whoever it is that "knows" and won't stop running their yaps need to be told to shush and remember why they put in all the time in the first place.

It's starting to look a lot like the groupies who insisted they "knew" EG was completely innocent of anything because they "knew" the "real story."

The only thing that gives me any hope that something other than stupidity is going on is DM's involvement--he's not a god and I'm not putting him on a pedestal, but the part of me that really hopes he knows exactly what he's doing is because he should know better ($%&*!)!!!!!

It’s all going to be fine.

I think everyone should take a breath take a couple steps back and let WPD do ther work.

Re read JO statement. LE probably talked to her prior to EG release so she expected it.

The DA IS AT THE BEGINNING of another murder trial and isn’t going to file anything he can’t prosecute to a probable guilty verdict.

He needs more information and evidence and WPD is going to get it for him.

Interesting EG has a lawyer.

It’s all going to be fine.

I think everyone should take a breath take a couple steps back and let WPD do ther work.

Re read JO statement. LE probably talked to her prior to EG release so she expected it.

The DA IS AT THE BEGINNING of another murder trial and isn’t going to file anything he can’t prosecute to a probable guilty verdict.

He needs more information and evidence and WPD is going to get it for him.

Interesting EG has a lawyer.
It is isn't it? I think her lawyer maneuvered her release with no charges. This is why we didn't see an arraignment we were all looking for.

It’s going to work out. The DA needs more and WPD is going to get it for him. I think it’s smart to wait for toxicology reports I’m impressed with DA.

Smart yet difficult on everyone to put on patience shoes and stand and wait.

Ugh..finally catching up here tonight..I am a Roller Coaster of emotions after reading everything. The first thing I read was EG being released and I about came out of my chair and right through the computer screen while screaming only to then go to read the NG interview with David with another wave of screaming OMG's then on to JOs words which calmed me down a bit. I sure want to believe her words with my whole heart.
It killed me to read these interviews about finding the little guy and I know it will get worse as more news comes out.
I sure hope LE knows what they are doing and they have a plan while she is out roaming the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli