Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*pondering*
Did anything she’s done qualify as ‘federal’ charges? I wonder because last week when the indictments came down in the swatting case the US attorney made a very distinct point of saying the grand jury meets once a month, and last week (Wednesday? I think) was when they convened for May and they wouldn’t call another til sometime in June... just curious he would make such a point of that... He didn’t when the illegal poker games were indicted

Let's hope she lied to a federal agent :(

Lis
ten

First time I knew about him. He may have walked her out if the jail. But it’s his job to get her out. And 72 hrs past. Basic law.
Yes but that doesn’t answer where’d she get an attorney. A PD doesn’t attach til assigned by a judge at arraignment so color me confizzled

I am confused....
A question asked by man after police arrested Glass a few hours after finding Lucas's body, saying it was glass who led a private investigator to exactly where the body was.

Monnat says that isn't proof of anything.

"I think it is dangerous to leap to conclusions about the allegation that a person supposedly led a private investigator to the child's body and, therefore, the person is guilty," says Monnat. "That sounds like speculation."

I don't understand how a person could NOT be guilty in this situation. DM told her that he knew Lucas was dead and that LE would eventually get a death certificate and come after her. She told him that LH would be under a bridge....how could EG not be guilty?? What is their thinking?

Thinking back to the photo we discussed yesterday and the day before- the one with Lucas sitting on the couch with the lollipop in his hand- that was taken January 22nd or 23rd- the one with the bruises all over his face. He looked very thin then- he had lost a lot of weight. That was still a couple of weeks before he allegedly had the stomach flu.

I wish I could see a timeline of photos from back in October, to which JH's family called the cops about bruises all over Lucas. I wonder if there is any photo of him from that time period to the last photo. Was that when they went to NM for Lucas' grandfather's funeral on Jamie's side, or was that a different time?

It just appears to me that he was slowly losing weight and more bruises occurred as time went on, from October to February.

I am confused....
A question asked by man after police arrested Glass a few hours after finding Lucas's body, saying it was glass who led a private investigator to exactly where the body was.

Monnat says that isn't proof of anything.

"I think it is dangerous to leap to conclusions about the allegation that a person supposedly led a private investigator to the child's body and, therefore, the person is guilty," says Monnat. "That sounds like speculation."

I don't understand how a person could NOT be guilty in this situation. DM told her that he knew Lucas was dead and that LE would eventually get a death certificate and come after her. She told him that LH would be under a bridge....how could EG not be guilty?? What is their thinking?

Monnat is a defense attorney. It's literally his job to try to create reasonable doubt for his clients and to twist things around to try to confuse the facts. I've mentioned before that I have a sibling who is a defense attorney. They are smart people, but aggravating as all get out to argue with about facts. They have an answer for everything and I mean everything. I wouldn't worry too much about what this guy is saying.

I can’t get sound but good explanation by a DEFENSE ATTORNEY.

Defense attorney defends release of Emily Glass, calls DA wise and cautious

Bottom line is this:

Each of us knows she did it, but think very carefully now because much of what we know is in our heads and heart,

Could ANY OF US GO INTO COURT AND PROVE IT BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF A DOUBT? Imo not at this time.

Well, to be fair, they have to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, which is not the same as beyond any shadow of a doubt. I think quite a few facts are in evidence and EG has shown consciousness of guilt, but I want the DA to have a solid case, so if he needs more time, then I guess we will wait.

Wow. JH still won't publicly disown EG. I would say that's unbelievable, but I guess I've just come to expect it with him.
Ah, you caught that as well. I am completely stunned by his comment. What in God's name is causing him to stand by her and trust her so completely, even when she told the PI that she found him dead in bed and brought him there- she even described how she faced Lucas' head against the culvert, and the PI said that was exactly as he found him.

Why can't he face the fact that she did this, why isn't he angry, disgusted, and horrified by what she did? Does she really have something God awful on him (besides the charge against her son) that he is afraid to turn against her?

Reasonable doubt is a standard of proof used in criminal trials. When a criminal defendant is prosecuted, the prosecutor must prove the defendant's guilt Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. ... A preponderance of the evidence simply means that one side has more evidence in its favor than the other, even by the smallest degree. reasonable doubt

so yes- and at least 10 people I know that follow this thread could as well. My husband and kids would agree- I can talk paper off a wall and change even the stubbornest of minds. And I take it as a reasonable person would convict or release. Missing on her watch, admits to meth and leaving him alone, past history ( to name a few )=bye Felicia

The little trial earlier? The jury punished LE for their errors, imo.

Last edited:
I really don't think there is. Unless she is pregnant and he's actually worried about the kid in utero and doesn't want to set her off. But I just think he can't or won't believe she murdered his son. It's mind boggling.
She doesn't look pregnant at all. In fact, she has lost weight since she got out of prison the first time and looks very thin. No belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14