Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts as to why the DA didn't move forward on at least the charges they arrested EG for?

I am not sure if this has been mentioned so I will just post a brief reply regarding the basic reasoning most likely relating to this....as soon as ANY charge is filed, EG will either hire or be appointed an attorney. That attorney can then do a number of things: 1 is to move for a speedy trial as is their right to do so, the other and far more detrimental thing is that as soon as ANY charge is filed the discovery process begins and the attorney would rightfully demand access to all information that LE has regarding the case. At this point, it is in the best interest of LE to keep that information protected as they wait for the final autopsy and lab results, and allow the coroner's office to consult experts in various fields as needed for further opinions. The law regarding only holding a person in custody for 48 to 72 hours before charges does not allow the kind of time needed for modern detailed forensic examinations to be completed. Just because charges were chosen not to be filed NOW certainly means nothing about them being filed in the near future.

IMO

ansas boy Lucas Hernandez disappeared a month ago and as of today, there is still no signs of him.

KAKE reports that a neighbor, who previoiusly spoke with boy’s stepmother, Emily Glass, said the she saw 5-year-old Lucas just a few days before he disappeared.

“He came over with the little brother,” the neighbor said to KAKE at a prayer vigil for Lucas earlier this month. “I did shake Emily Glass’ hand. We discussed him coming over and playing with the dog.”

Lucas reportedly vanished two days later, on Saturday, February 17, at least according to Glass’ version of events. Police, volunteer teams, cadaver dogs, horses, ATVs, and drones have been assisting in the search for little boy, which included an organized grid search. So far, none of the searches yielded any results leading to Lucas.
Lucas Hernandez Update: Neighbor says she saw missing boy two days before he vanished

If the police have surveillance video of a crime, and they show it on the news, to ID someone, that is not a problem when it comes to the trial.

But if this the defendant spoke to the PI about the crime, and about her finding a dead child, and then hiding him under a bridge, and gave info leading him to the body----that makes him an important trial witness.

One thing that happens with witnesses who are about to testify---they are grilled by the defense about their relationship to the suspect and their motives. If a witness sells a story to National Enquirer, for example---they lose all credibility.

So I worry that this future witness might go not too many tv shows, and do too many press interviews, and taint some of his credibility if he looks like someone with ulterior motives.

If he hands over this tape to Nancy Grace, where the defendant gives him all of that private, secret info about the death of poor Lucas, will it make him look less reliable/credible/professional?

Luckily, Marshburn didn't sell his story to the National Enquirer. If that happens, I'll be more concerned. Nancy Grace doesn't pay her podcast guests. He was clear in the podcast that he knows he is a witness and may be called to testify. I don't think he's the person in this case with ulterior motives. He was called in by the family to help. Others in this case have simply inserted themselves and then bragged about it. If he starts selling his story before the case goes to trial, I'll pay more attention to his possible motives.

I think it is because he decided to just hit her with everything he can when the time comes.

I agree! They have a
I lean towards her never having been pregnant during this time. My second choice would be "or something". She was out free for a bit after her acquittal.

Either way, I don't think the pregnancy is real.

IMO, I don't think she was or is either. I've always thought maybe it was an internet rumor or something she said for attention. o_O

Here's something that I've been wondering about... So, EG went to OG with a $15 gift card that JH gave her. I know they weren't married, but she wasn't working so presumably had no income. So, if she can't even go out to eat without a gift card from JH, where did all the money for her meth come from?

Who is Aliayah? Can you share a link to her first thread? I’d like to go read!
Welcome here to Lucas’ thread and unfortunately I think it’s entirely possible she was starving him. Unfortunately I went through a period of starvation when my child was little because I just didn’t have enough food for both of us to eat, so she ate first. It was so indescribable the pain of extreme hunger, my stomach hurt and growled and I became incredibly exhausted in just a couple of days. My heart breaks for this little guy, to be little and not understand why your tummy aches and why YOU can’t eat but EG and baby sister get to eat. Breaks my heart

I wonder if not eating was the reason he was throwing up.
So many sad things in this case.
Where he was found and the pics of abuse compared to the pics of when he was happy and smiling.
The saddest for me is his words. I can just hear a five year old little voice trying to explain to others why he is being hurt.
She's mean to me and She didn't like him anymore.

He’s my son too, you know. I may not have given birth to him, but he's my baby boy … I take care of him every day, you know, ehm, I ? ah… this is very painful that this is happening at a time like this, right now.

Anyone care to take a stab at what the “at a time like this” means?

Wichita police presented their case involving Lucas' death to the District Attorney's Office Wednesday morning.
The DA decided no to move forward with charges at this time. Why???????? I can see they might not be ready yet for murder charges, but why not the charges she was arrested for, Obstruction and interference?
I feel it may be because they don’t want to offer up anything in discovery now for lesser charges that the defense could work with to defend her against greater charges later. MOO

He’s my son too, you know. I may not have given birth to him, but he's my baby boy … I take care of him every day, you know, ehm, I ? ah… this is very painful that this is happening at a time like this, right now.

She might be referring to the child endangerment charge (incarceration) at a time while Lucas is "missing"

At the time we heard it was because she was pregnant, but now I'm not so sure. I wonder if she just told JH she was pregnant to keep a hold on him during this time.

Community remembers Lucas Hernandez
Searches who have become close to the Hernandez family said Lucas' father learned of Lucas' discovery while he was away for work.

Dusti McElwain said Jonathan Hernandez was devastated and upset, yet grateful for the support.

"He would like to say thank you to everybody who has done their time on searching, fundraisers, and anything everyone has done for Lucas. And, he wants it to continue, until we lay our sweet boy to rest, " said McElwain.

KAKE News has reached out to family members who said they did not want to comment.

Lucas' maternal grandmother, Robin Taylor, wrote on Facebook this morning, "Gramma loves you, Bubba."

Personal note
God bless you Gramma Robin. I’m crying with you.
I love you.

BBM

Yeah, EG, so sorry the timing of LH "disappearing" is so inconvenient to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010