Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the podcast does DM say he got information about phone pings from searches ? So they knew a rough 7 miles radius and the fact the car stopped for 2 minutes on the Saturday. Can I ask and this is a serious question as I know nothing of getting ping info - how would the searches know that information ? Why would LE share that ? I also still wonder whether this happened the Friday night and Saturday was a drive by check ? A scattered head checking in daylight.

That detail only serves to prove my thought that it was a drive by check on Saturday morning. Two minutes is NOT enough time to conceal his body. It is enough time to get out and take a quick peek.

Glass: “I’m a piece of sh**.”

Marsha: “Why do you say that? We’re right here, girl, we aint’ going nowhere. Look, everything is OK. And what aint’ OK we are fixin’ to make OK. Don’t be like that. Don’t be so hard on yourself.”

Glass (crying): “I can’t do jail, I can’t!”

Marsha: “You ain’t going to jail. “

Glass: “I know pre-trial service is not going to let me out.”

Marsha: “Child services has nothing to do with jail.”

Glass: “No, pre-trial services, pre-trial. They can choose to deny me.”

Marsha: “OK, so if they do we post a bond. Regardless, you’re still coming out. If they don’t agree at pre-trial, we’ll post the bond.”

Glass: “But, why? I don’t understand any of this…I don’t understand why.”

Marsha: “What do you mean? Why what?”

Glass: “Why would you help me?”

Marsha: “Because that’s what we do. It’s our job.”

Marshburn explained to Nancy Grace that although they appeared to Glass to be on her side, in actuality they were doing what they could to keep Glass talking by putting themselves into Glass’ mindset.

“We try not to lie and in our minds, we don’t. We put ourselves in her position because she’s lying to us. So, in her mind she makes a fake reality, so we do, too.”

At around noon on May 24, following a lengthy conversation with Glass the previous night, Marshburn, Glass, Marsha, and two service dogs set out to find Lucas. While inside the truck, Glass again began asking about her future. She questioned what would happen to her in court and if she would “get jail time” if she gave up Lucas’ location.

Marshburn explained to Glass that she would likely get an obstruction of law enforcement charge, which in Kansas, generally carries a penalty of probation. Marshburn was careful to not let on of any more serious charges that Glass could possibly face.

Glass continued, however, to doubt Marshburn’s intentions, stating that he’s only helping her in order to find Lucas. Marshburn indicated that he indeed needed to find Lucas and that if she wanted to possibly see her own daughter again one day, Lucas would have to be the “trade off,” and she would have to tell them where she put the little boy. Glass’ daughter, a 1-year-old toddler, is currently in the custody of the state after she was taken away from Glass in February, shortly after Lucas disappeared.

Glass’ concerns for her own well-being without much mention of Lucas didn’t escape Nancy Grace, who pondered why someone who once took care of the little boy would show not even a shred of concern for him.

“She has no sympathy, empathy, or compassion for what’s she done,” juvenile judge and child welfare advocate, Ashley Willcott, explained. “So while it may sound bizarre to us as rational, feeling, sympathetic, empathetic individuals, to someone like her, who has committed a heinous crime and is a criminal, she is more concerned about herself.”

After around a four-hour drive, Glass eventually led Marshburn to Lucas. Shortly after, she spoke with Sedgwick County detective and was subsequently booked on one count of obstruction of law enforcement. On Wednesday, authorities dropped the charge and Glass walked out of jail. That’s not to say Glass has gotten away with anything. Authorities explained that they are still investigating the case and awaiting a toxicology report on Lucas in order to complete the autopsy exam, after which, charges could follow.

More like 90degrees but yeah... he was found fairly straight north; Andover is due east from Wichita

Do you recall seeing a post by @RMT953 last week where she said she'd driven those same roads 100's of times before? I believe she grew up in/around Andover, so perhaps traveling those E-W cut-throughs isn't that unusual?

The thing that stood out to me in Google maps street view is that the N & S boundaries of the bridge are marked by reflective stakes. Some of the first balloons were tied to the SW stake. I imagine KS DOT doesn't want people pulling off the road and into that culvert in the dark. I don't know how visible they are in the daytime in Feb, but the Aug 2007 daylight views clearly show them. Just fwiw for people who've been wondering how she knew the bridge was there!

Nope, sorry "died in his sleep" so I still love her may have worked if Lucas wasn't missing for MONTHS!

Even IF he doubts she actually murdered him, he KNOWS she hid the body. That alone, barring her guilt on anything else would destroy love that they had.
Especially since he was going on sm saying that he believed his son was alive and kidnapped....EG let him believe that for months

“Marshburn explained to Glass that she would likely get an obstruction of law enforcement charge, which in Kansas, generally carries a penalty of probation. Marshburn was careful to not let on of any more serious charges that Glass could possibly face.

Glass continued, however, to doubt Marshburn’s intentions, stating that he’s only helping her in order to find Lucas. Marshburn indicated that he indeed needed to find Lucas and that if she wanted to possibly see her own daughter again one day, Lucas would have to be the “trade off,” and she would have to tell them where she put the little boy. ”

This is what the WPD police was referring to when he said they were bound by rules that a private citizen isn’t. DM could pretty much say anything to EG to achieve his objective. IMO

“Marshburn explained to Glass that she would likely get an obstruction of law enforcement charge, which in Kansas, generally carries a penalty of probation. Marshburn was careful to not let on of any more serious charges that Glass could possibly face.

Glass continued, however, to doubt Marshburn’s intentions, stating that he’s only helping her in order to find Lucas. Marshburn indicated that he indeed needed to find Lucas and that if she wanted to possibly see her own daughter again one day, Lucas would have to be the “trade off,” and she would have to tell them where she put the little boy. ”

This is what the WPD police was referring to when he said they were bound by rules that a private citizen isn’t. DM could pretty much say anything to EG to achieve his objective. IMO
Exactly. Marshburn could offer her the moon if that’s what it took. LE is very limited on what if anything they can offer as they usually don’t have authority to offer anything

Anyone catch on MG podcast that she agreed that he passed from a CONCUSSION?! Wow’ maybe our autopsy will show it!!

How would EG know he had a concussion she never bothered to get him f*n medical care.

Someone may need to explain to her that "concussion" and "bashing his head in" (conjecture---not proven, at all!) are NOT synonymous

EG and DM did discuss EG's sister is in the process of caring for her daughter.

"Did she, EG know she that she was secretly being recorded in the car while you guys were talking and looking around for the body? " DM replies, "No."

NG explains, "In a one party consent jurisdiction, that's OK. The comparison is if you record someone on your phone when you are talking, they do not have to know about it. In a one party consent state, one party consents to the recording. If one investigator was with her at all times when she was being recorded so that would be the party who consented to the recording and would be legal."

Just listened to the second podcast of DM ON NG.

AND I HAVE TO JUST INTERJECT. NG DOES A LOT FOR CRIME VICTIMS. I APPRECIATE THAT.

I don’t think there’s anything shocking in the second half. Perhaps EG reluctance over Lucas med records. But mostly it’s the same minutiae she’s worried about EG that’s my take. Of course my dogs were moving around and when one moves the 3 others have to find their comfort spot but I didn’t get much earth shattering info either.

Have a happy day folks.

Justice is one day closer.

Anyone catch on MG podcast that she agreed that he passed from a CONCUSSION?! Wow’ maybe our autopsy will show it!!

That was the bombshell I was referring to!

What I'm thinking is that we now have this information, combined with what DM said in the first part of the NG--that when he saw Lucas' remains he's said to the effect of what he was was not fully consistent with EG's version.

Concussion implies head injury. That didn't happen while he was asleep. So her 'confession' must have been that Lucas hit his head the night of the 16th, she put him to bed, and woke up and he had died in his sleep. She found him on his side, but no sign of vomit on the pillow so she doesn't think he choked on vomit in his sleep.

I think we're limited in what kind of things might be inconsistent here. All we can do is conjecture but I think this is the key to what's missing and that explains a lot of what DM said in the first part of the NG 2-parter and also possibly the part about 'focus on the night of the 16th'.

I don't know. Maybe I should listen to the rest of it before I get too carried away!

Here's something that I've been wondering about... So, EG went to OG with a $15 gift card that JH gave her. I know they weren't married, but she wasn't working so presumably had no income. So, if she can't even go out to eat without a gift card from JH, where did all the money for her meth come from?
I'm sure he helped her out with that as well!
There is no way in $&@" JH wouldn't know she's uses meth. As I've mentioned before,I believe he's uses as well! I don't buy the "she only used while he was away!" You don't have that luxury with meth,the addiction does not allow you to pick and choose when to use.That is why she used while caring for the kids or should I say NOT caring for the kids.That's why it's called an addiction!
With her addiction,she would do whatever it takes to get money for meth,even while he's away. Probably one of the reasons she had items on "offer
up" as well.
I can't even imagine LE not seeing the signs of meth use,as she told her story when Lucas went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08