Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered JO talking about JH's arrest and charges during her radio blog interview. She attended and recorded the hearing. I wanted to see if she mentioned anything regarding the circumstances and arrest. Her words:

" It was alleged that JH was physical with one of the boys, left a red mark on his chest. I feel it is more so by the State trying to prove a point that hey, we can keep digging stuff up, if you want to play this game until someone just speaks something."
Even though the father reported it the very next day to the police- he brought his son to the police station on Feb 5th was it? That was almost two weeks before Lucas went missing! LE asked him to press charges after Lucas went missing, but a police report had been filed.

I'm with you. I just can't wrap my head around it, giving JH a free pass.

I guess it's just best to agree to disagree and disregard the rest. Maybe some folks minds have changed since Lucas was found- it could be just the soft side of a parent having compassion for him because his son is deceased. I understand that part, hence why I am trying not to say too much right now about JH. Still, let's call a spade a spade here.
I think the issue some are having is more the comparison. Abuse is still abuse tho. We know that EG was beating Lucas, throwing things at him, burning him, starving him, psychologically abusing him, verbally abusing, mentally abusing him, neglecting him, etc.
When we hear that JH shoved EG's son and left 3 fingerprints it is still abuse. Cursing in front of the kids is still abuse.
Abuse is abuse. Every single time. There's different degrees of abuse, but still abuse. JH deserves punishment for abusing EG's son. EG deserves punishment for abusing Lucas. Now we just need to decide the severity of punishment for the crimes committed and if there can be rehabilitation for the abuser. For EG, I don't think so. Lock her up and throw away the key. I don't have enough knowledge of the person JH is to know if he can be taught other ways.

Now that Lucas is found, is it ok to address the abuse issues? That just always bothered me, in that interview shortly after Lucas went missing. when he said something to the effect "you want to address the abuse issues after he's found, fine, but let's focus on finding Lucas first".
Excellent point!

I agree. I don’t think JH abused EG’s children. I think had Lucas not disappeared, JH would never have been charged with anything related to the incident. The children’s father had to do what he thought best to protect his children - that meant insuring they were never in that house again. I equate it to the endangerment charge that EG received for MH. It was a means to an end of protecting MH.

In my mind, I imagine that the child was playing with the air freshener and not listening when JH told him to stop. If he pushed him onto the couch it would have bruised the chest. A red mark would come from a smack - perhaps a quick smack that happened as a sort of reflex if he was sprayed in the eyes.

I am in no way condoning JH striking the child (or any child), but I think this was an isolated incident. EG had an alleged history of abusing LH and has a quick temper.
I tend to agree with you. It was an opportunity to bring up other allegations of previous abuse to ensure a favorable outcome.

I can't help but wonder, but I do think we have all assumed, does JH now believe that EG was beating his son or are all her stories still swirling in his head as possibly being true and Lucas's death was just a mishap? Once he accepts the truth, not just of Lucas's death, but that the woman he trusted and believed was indeed hurting his little boy over and over and over, is going to be a lot to deal with.

The fact that JO and JH have been attending events together and now share a spokesperson leads me to believe he now believes that EG abused LH and likely killed him.

I can only imagine the fury in EG’s eyes at the thought of JO and JH spending time together, talking badly about her and renewing the bond they once shared. It would not surprise me in the least if they ended up rekindling their romantic relationship - tragedy either draws people together or tears them apart.

Another blessing from public service. My state demands both short and long term disability insurance while working. They paid those premiums for me while I was working too. While I first began on short term, my state paid me 60% of my gross income the entire time two years it took to get on SSDI. My state insurance disability took care of every single detail for me through those agonizing years. Of course, you get the automatic denial. They appealed for me. It went to a judge of the board and I got a letter saying I was permanently approved. He documented he was disappointed my case even made it to his desk. It should have been approved the first go around.
Victoria, I feel your pain.

ETA: I had never heard about child support garnished from disability until I saw it mentioned upthread. I know they take it from the deadbeat’s paycheck, taxes, money earned while incarcerated and inheritances. ex son-in-law!
JMO
I believe child support can be garnished from SSDI but not from SSI. I doubt Emily Glass is getting SSDI unless her disability is permanent.

*Bangs head against the wall*.

Good grief, I can't believe some of what I am reading. Shocked by the swing votes here. The man knew he was being abused- it was reported by THREE different families- THREE! Emily's was the first- can you bleeping imagine that? HER OWN family! The Jonathan's and Jamie's families reported the abuse. He knew what was going on- three families reported it! There's pictures everywhere documenting this abuse of his son!

Not to mention I will never forget that anger he had in an early interview, shortly after Lucas disappeared. He was so pissed off at his family for bringing up the abuse- he was furious! Refused to address it with the media or talk about it- saying once Lucas was found, then deal with the abuse allegations. In his own words!

JMO
I believe child support can be garnished from SSDI but not from SSI. I doubt Emily Glass is getting SSDI unless her disability is permanent.
Thank you. I hadn’t ever thought of that. Good to know. In case that ex SIL falls off the roof again. Good to know.

I agree. I don’t think JH abused EG’s children. I think had Lucas not disappeared, JH would never have been charged with anything related to the incident. The children’s father had to do what he thought best to protect his children - that meant insuring they were never in that house again. I equate it to the endangerment charge that EG received for MH. It was a means to an end of protecting MH.

In my mind, I imagine that the child was playing with the air freshener and not listening when JH told him to stop. If he pushed him onto the couch it would have bruised the chest. A red mark would come from a smack - perhaps a quick smack that happened as a sort of reflex if he was sprayed in the eyes.

I am in no way condoning JH striking the child (or any child), but I think this was an isolated incident. EG had an alleged history of abusing LH and has a quick temper.

The abused child's father filed a report with LE the same day the abuse happened, so I do think he would have been charged regardless of Lucas being disappeared.

Agreed- this is alarming me that some are questioning this of the little boy. His father went to the police station the next morning with photos and proof of this happening. Not to mention, BOTH boys told him immediately after they got into the car what had transpired. The little boy admitted he sprayed air freshener around the room and Jonathan was trying to get it away from him. He also said as soon as Jonathan saw him start to cry, Jonathan knocked him onto the couch and caused those finger marks. To call him a liar would be to call Lucas a liar- both boys deserve better respect and compassion and understanding.
I dont think anyone here is questioning the word of the child.

Good grief, I can't believe some of what I am reading. Shocked by the swing votes here. The man knew he was being abused- it was reported by THREE different families- THREE! Emily's was the first- can you bleeping imagine that? HER OWN family! The Jonathan's and Jamie's families reported the abuse. He knew what was going on- three families reported it! There's pictures everywhere documenting this abuse of his son!

Not to mention I will never forget that anger he had in an early interview, shortly after Lucas disappeared. He was so pissed off at his family for bringing up the abuse- he was furious! Refused to address it with the media or talk about it- saying once Lucas was found, then deal with the abuse allegations. In his own words!
If he would have dealt with the abuse allegations at the appropriate time, people wouldn't be "harrassing" him about them because Lucas would probably still be alive.

The fact that JO and JH have been attending events together and now share a spokesperson leads me to believe he now believes that EG abused LH and likely killed him.

I can only imagine the fury in EG’s eyes at the thought of JO and JH spending time together, talking badly about her and renewing the bond they once shared. It would not surprise me in the least if they ended up rekindling their romantic relationship - tragedy either draws people together or tears them apart.

If you listen to the podcast @liltexans posted upthread, @Tricia said that JH is still sticking by EG and will continue to do so until it’s proven that EG killed Lucas.

I thought I was going to break my new iPad Steels. I hit that like button so fast and hard, like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Oops, wrong game show.

Family Feud !

If you listen to the podcast @liltexans posted upthread, @Tricia said that JH is still sticking by EG and will continue to do so until it’s proven that EG killed Lucas.

THUD

Well there goes the miniscule benefit of the doubt I was giving him. IMO he belongs behind bars with her.

As the juror said in My Cousin Vinny, “Fry em!”

Even though the father reported it the very next day to the police- he brought his son to the police station on Feb 5th was it? That was almost two weeks before Lucas went missing! LE asked him to press charges after Lucas went missing, but a police report had been filed.
I forgot about the report filing as far as where it fits into the the timeline. You’re right. Massive failure from beginning to end.

I cant even imagine rekindling anything with a man that brought a woman in my sons life that is more than likely responsible for his death.

I thought it was the same day, I should have looked it up before I made the post. :)

I’m glad I’m lying down. Because I’d have to be using “I’ve fallen and can’t get up button. That just freaking blows my mind. I retract every empathic word I’ve ever said about him. Burn him at the stake.

This is a friendly reminder to attack the post, not the poster. We don't have all the facts yet and everyone is allowed to have their opinions and to disagree with others' opinions as long as it is done so respectfully.

This post lands at random.

She admittedly threw his child out like garbage. That alone isn't reason enough to wash your hands of her?! I can't handle much more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61