Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tired and falling asleep so maybe it's just me...but this is an extremely poorly written job posting, in my opinion. And perhaps reflective of the problems within DCF.

BBM: Prevention is defined as prevention? and that is followed by the word 'with' where it should be 'will', Seriously, the whole paragraph is bungled and made my head spin.

And then...who may I ask, is the "customer" in this case? Please do not tell me we are calling abused children "customers"? Just please, no.
I read something earlier upthread regarding contractors. Maybe it’s contractural work and the customer is the state or county. ?

If the dogs hit on something and convinced the officers that Lucas didn't run away,why didn't they press her harder on where his body was?? I do understand that they were treating the case as a missing person,but this is full of contradictions. Didn't bother testing her for drugs...let her go home...so this last time,do you think they pushed her harder during their interviews?? Drug test her??

Hi Everyone,

Forgive me, but I am going to go down memory lane for a moment. Feel free to roll your eyes.

When I first took over Websleuths, it was ALL drama. I am not exaggerating. It was a snake pit. Myself along with all the members became involved with about whose side you were on in an online battle, whose side where you on in a case, who lied about what and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. While I did cut back a tremendous amount on the drama by banning a large group of troublemakers, I still became involved. Why? Because it seemed so important at the time to make sure I was heard. It mattered to me that strangers didn't like me and I wanted to defend myself or defend my friends or defend my opinion. It didn't matter then, and it doesn't matter now.

It took me years to truly learn how to back away from the drama and thank God I did because things are much easier now, but it was hard to do. Your instinct is to defend yourself and your friends.

When I was reading the last bit of this thread, I can honestly say I had no idea whatsoever what any of this is about and more importantly what it has to do with Lucas and his case.

From what I can gather there is Facebook drama that is happening that is very important to some of you. That's your business, but we have a zero tolerance policy for any drama brought to the forum that doesn't have to do directly with a case.

If everyone wants to take the stress off the family start with stopping the drama. Focus on Lucas and the case that is building right now against his killer.

Always remember the people on the Internet go away when you turn your computer off.

Ask yourself something, ask yourself if what you are about to post or what you are about to become involved with outside of Websleuths is about Lucas or about you and how you feel about certain situations? Is what you are going to be a part of having to do with a group or a person against another group or against another person? If so, how does that help Lucas? How does that help his family?

Websleuths has a non-stop battle with people assuming every time something bad happens with people on the Internet who are from the true crime community that they are from Websleuths or Websleuths is behind the behavior of people who are into the true crime genre

Remember that group of people who got together and stood outside George and Cindy Anthony's house and yelled at them? That was stupid, obnoxious, and wrong and I wanted Websleuths to be no part of it so we weren't. Guess who they blamed anyway? Websleuths got the credit for organizing this group and staging the event of yelling at the Anthony house. That's just one of a long list of things we have been falsely accused of doing in the past.

Whatever drama is going on, I bet if you took a step back and everyone took a deep breath it might not be as bad as it seems. It is not connected directly to the finding of Lucas' body nor to the case against the person who, allegedly, killed him.
It's going to be harder to find things to talk about because very soon we won't have any new information to discuss. Please remember even when things are slow, and you are tempted to bring out the drama we don't allow it on Webseuths.
Thank you,
Tricia
PS. I have that hyper exhaustion going so forgive me if there are parts that make no sense. Thanks.
If someone is gracious enough to give me a second chance.
I won’t need a third.
~Pete Rose

I am tired and falling asleep so maybe it's just me...but this is an extremely poorly written job posting, in my opinion. And perhaps reflective of the problems within DCF.

BBM: Prevention is defined as prevention? and that is followed by the word 'with' where it should be 'will', Seriously, the whole paragraph is bungled and made my head spin.

And then...who may I ask, is the "customer" in this case? Please do not tell me we are calling abused children "customers"? Just please, no.
Oh my! This reminds me of my “orientation” for my job working with people with intellectual disabilities. The person doing the orientation explained to me that “family centered services are when the FAMILY is in the CENTER of the S ERVICES.”

I think I was in third grade when I learned not to use the word or phrase you are defining in the definition.

Marking my spot ; and hoping for justice for Lucas.
Makes me furious to think of the pain and fear he went through, and no adults in his immediate household to protect him !!

My utmost condolences to his birth mother, and those who truly loved him, and who noticed the bruises , his filthy clothing, and general lack of care including his growing thinner in those last months/weeks --- and tried to intervene, only to be blocked by EG and JH.

It's not their fault that he died... most likely murdered or perished from neglect and abuse. They documented this with graphic photos and statements ; and still... it was not enough.
Eta : Just so angry because this was preventable. Lucas didn't have to die.

There is only so much a 5 year old can withstand.
FIVE years old, fgs !

Even a neighbor noticed Lucas seemed skinny and malnourished, and seemed frightened to go back to his house. (per earlier articles)

Thoughts towards those who took time out of their busy schedules to look for Lucas. Thank you for caring.

Hi Everyone,

Forgive me, but I am going to go down memory lane for a moment. Feel free to roll your eyes.

When I first took over Websleuths, it was ALL drama. I am not exaggerating. It was a snake pit. Myself along with all the members became involved with about whose side you were on in an online battle, whose side where you on in a case, who lied about what and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. While I did cut back a tremendous amount on the drama by banning a large group of troublemakers, I still became involved. Why? Because it seemed so important at the time to make sure I was heard. It mattered to me that strangers didn't like me and I wanted to defend myself or defend my friends or defend my opinion. It didn't matter then, and it doesn't matter now.

It took me years to truly learn how to back away from the drama and thank God I did because things are much easier now, but it was hard to do. Your instinct is to defend yourself and your friends.

When I was reading the last bit of this thread, I can honestly say I had no idea whatsoever what any of this is about and more importantly what it has to do with Lucas and his case.

From what I can gather there is Facebook drama that is happening that is very important to some of you. That's your business, but we have a zero tolerance policy for any drama brought to the forum that doesn't have to do directly with a case.

If everyone wants to take the stress off the family start with stopping the drama. Focus on Lucas and the case that is building right now against his killer.

Always remember the people on the Internet go away when you turn your computer off.

Ask yourself something, ask yourself if what you are about to post or what you are about to become involved with outside of Websleuths is about Lucas or about you and how you feel about certain situations? Is what you are going to be a part of having to do with a group or a person against another group or against another person? If so, how does that help Lucas? How does that help his family?

Websleuths has a non-stop battle with people assuming every time something bad happens with people on the Internet who are from the true crime community that they are from Websleuths or Websleuths is behind the behavior of people who are into the true crime genre

Remember that group of people who got together and stood outside George and Cindy Anthony's house and yelled at them? That was stupid, obnoxious, and wrong and I wanted Websleuths to be no part of it so we weren't. Guess who they blamed anyway? Websleuths got the credit for organizing this group and staging the event of yelling at the Anthony house. That's just one of a long list of things we have been falsely accused of doing in the past.

Whatever drama is going on, I bet if you took a step back and everyone took a deep breath it might not be as bad as it seems. It is not connected directly to the finding of Lucas' body nor to the case against the person who, allegedly, killed him.
It's going to be harder to find things to talk about because very soon we won't have any new information to discuss. Please remember even when things are slow, and you are tempted to bring out the drama we don't allow it on Webseuths.
Thank you,
Tricia
PS. I have that hyper exhaustion going so forgive me if there are parts that make no sense. Thanks.

I think I would question whether there's a difference between someone standing right there watching while their partner abuses a child in front of them, and maybe saying, "oh, it was just discipline" compared with someone who sees their partner being caring to the child in front of them, then they come home from work and are told the child fell off the swing and got a bad bruise.

In one of the NG's Marshburn said that he asked JH to think about whether all, or most, of those bruises occurred when he was out of town, and he said that JH had a bit of a lightbulb moment. Well that's all anyone has been asking him to think about for the past three months and he couldn't have that lightbulb moment until Marshburn explained it to him?! But on the other side I do think JH might have felt pulled in all directions and maybe ended up favoring the direction that meant his son would come home alive. I don't personally understand that, I find it a lot easier to understand JO saying that she 'knew' Lucas wasn't coming home alive when she saw all the police cars and SWAT vans in the street. But we're not all the same how we process things.
In my opinion you need to remember that JH injured EG's sons and has been charged with child abuse. Does anyone think that he did this to her children but not his own son? Really? You need to count back to when Lucas was first described as being sick, hurting stomach, vomiting and everything else. This all started at the very same timeline as the instance of JH injuring EG's sons. Coincidental? No, I don't think so. Lucas could have very easily have died due to an injury he received when his father was abusing the other children in the home. He absolutely does not get a pass from me and never will.
Sometime you have to see past the BS and do the math.

It is when I put everything together my blood starts boiling. It wasn't an isolated came home from work and child had bruises that EG explained away - it was numerous injury incidents, family telling him about the abuse, Lucas own words Emily doesn't like me anymore, the drug use, the violent incidents between him and EG in front of children, JH striking EG son, EG not having custody of her own bio children, him isolating Lucas from family that pointed out the abuse. When you put that all together it wasn't just a she was slick and fooled me.
Yes!

Misty Cox, spokeswoman for Jonathan Hernandez and Jamie Taylor, gave a statement saying the family “has been overwhelmed” with requests for interviews and comments. “While the majority of it has come from good places and well wishes, which the family is so touched by and appreciative of, the intense scrutiny has made it difficult for them to grieve Lucas and prepare to say goodbye to him,” Cox said.

[...]

“They only ask for some privacy while they plan Lucas’ memorial services,” she said. Although the parents plan to invite the public to attend the services, they “need this break in order to make that happen,” Cox said. “Otherwise, they may have to have a private service where they can grieve in peace,” she said.

[...]

Lucas Hernandez's parents ask for privacy while they mourn, spokeswoman says

The customers are the Families they ‘serve’ the families that are identified and who become part of the system...

Thanks Scarlett, It is an odd word to use. The word that is used in most Canadian social agencies is "client"not customer. A customer is someone who pays for a service, a client is someone for whom a service is provided.

Couldn’t agree more. Our primary job as parents is to protect our children until they are able to protect themselves. If that inconveniences you, so be it, you signed up for this.

JH had family that would have taken care of Lucas while he worked. He had options. Lucas didn’t.

He chose to look the other way while Lucas suffered the consequences and ultimately paid for it with his life.
This says it all! So many people played a part (or lack there of) in Lucas ending up where he did, but like you said, when it comes down to it, everyone else was given options, but Lucas wasn't.

I know this has been discussed in depth, but I wanted to chime in about hair bleaching in the sun. This in anecdotal so take it with a grain of salt. However, I frequently cut my sons’ and husband’s hair in the back yard when the weather is pleasant. Their hair ranges from medium to dark brown. The hair clippings fade significantly and very quickly. You’d think I shave a white dog. If I had to venture a guess, the sun will bleach whatever pigment remains in the hair especially since no nutrients are added. JMO

I have always loved the words Dr. Drew Pinsky uses when he talks about the responsibility and the obligation we have as a society to care for our children. He says "Big people take care of little people."

Such simple words. Such true words. And apparently such difficult words for so many "big people" to live by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie