Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clear up the confusion on this: The interview happened on Monday and aired same day. We were in a bit of a rush to get the story out with the podcast and made a typo (wrote Wednesday) It's since been updated. Apologies for the confusion.

Thank you for clearing this up. It would be nice to see the revision notated in the article.

Was this man that got killed black?? Just curious
Yes.
I’m sure there is more than one black male in Wichita.
Yes, however remember Mz.Glass specifically stated there was a black guy who creeped her out, remember. She invited him in. Remember? Now this black guy just happened to get creamed in a hit, and run. The very same Black guy she had stay in the house, and the very same black guy that told investigators Lucas Was NOT, there when he stayed there?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. The plot just thickens, but hey it must just be a coimcedence.

Oh...another cat question.
When cats are microchipped, does that also act like a gps? Could they track where the cat was? I am guessing not, but hopeful it would.
I was thinking perhaps she disposed of Lucas and then turned in the cat...

When cats are microchipped, does that also act like a gps? Could they track where the cat was? I am guessing not, but hopeful it would.

when dogs are microchipped (at least for mine and what i was told was standard for humane society/rescue dogs) is that it does not act as a GPS. if your pet is found lost and taken to a shelter, they should be able to scan your pet for your info to call you/locate your address. it basically acts as a fool-proof collar.

No. Microchipping just means that if they are found, they can be taken to a Vet and scanned for their chip. This will give the Vet the contact details etc of the owner. It's to help when a pet goes missing. It does not act like a GPs.

where were they listed? would it be easy to track who messaged her about it/where they maybe ended up

agree that is weird re the pricing - maybe since adult shoes can be more expensive, she wanted money but kids' shoes, particularly if you buy with the mindset theyll grow out of it fast, were relatively cheap? or she just really wanted to get rid of them....
They were listed on a facebook page. I have a screenshot saved but that’s not allowed here.

Good morning everyone!
I've added notes from FLA and Leigh's post regarding the time of recording at the beginning of the Crimeonline transcript.
I'm hoping to chip away at this some more today :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iw4Hu3am0aSJpKeO6Zopq4IwXAFbb1EN_v78lBmS0gk/edit

Thanks for transcribing.

JMO
This part is what drives me crazy. The boy is dead and she hid the body and yet he still doesnt think she ever hurt him. Whats it going to take to open his eyes to what she has done.

NG: "What do you make of claims of relatives that they had observed your son, Lucas, covered in bruises in the past?"

JH: "I know of one instance, that could be explained, the other ones? I’m not too sure, but I definitely understand their concern, and I, I also would have that concern."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iw4Hu3am0aSJpKeO6Zopq4IwXAFbb1EN_v78lBmS0gk/edit

Thanks for transcribing.

JMO
This part is what drives me crazy. The boy is dead and she hid the body and yet he still doesnt think she ever hurt him. Whats it going to take to open his eyes to what she has done.

NG: "What do you make of claims of relatives that they had observed your son, Lucas, covered in bruises in the past?"

JH: "I know of one instance, that could be explained, the other ones? I’m not too sure, but I definitely understand their concern, and I, I also would have that concern."

This statement is especially baffling when you also consider his prior statement regarding family accusations of abuse.

"I'm sorry that they did and that really pisses me off. Only because it seems like it's about something else and it's not happening now," Hernandez said. "Now, if you want to bring that up later that's fine. That's a whole separate issue. I think it's taking away from what's happening and I don't appreciate it. Not from my family, not from strangers."

Records: Missing boy's dad, stepmom had violent relationship

It's like he can't believe that the abuse could have any bearing on his son's disappearance and/or death.

Last edited:
Did she mention him (homeless man) in the jail interview? I thought Marshburn brought it up in NG podcast.

I remember she referred to the couple outside the house that she photographed but I don’t recall her mentioning an overnight guest.
She did indeed mention he was black,and something about being creepy, she did also mention he was with a white woman. But I'm wondering if the 'white woman' was just thrown in to make her lie more believable.
We are dealing with a pathological child killing murderer.
Now is really that far of stretch to think she couldn't manipulate someone to do dirty deeds for her? Eliminate a witness? Sure she was behind bars when it happened, but she still had contact with others on the outside.
Is the whole timeline of when Lucas was last seen not thrown out the window? Does that not raise even more questions????
Trust no one. Especially when it comes to meth,and child murder.

Yes.

Yes, however remember Mz.Glass specifically stated there was a black guy who creeped her out, remember. She invited him in. Remember? Now this black guy just happened to get creamed in a hit, and run. The very same Black guy she had stay in the house, and the very same black guy that told investigators Lucas Was NOT, there when he stayed there?

Thanks for transcribing.

JMO

Every word matters and that is because we choose what words we use. Take out the 'would' for what we expect to hear. Leave the words as he spoke them and he is saying he doesn't share their concerns but hasn't said why. The 'definitely' is also an attempt at persuasion. Compare his statement (1.) with my deletions (2.) to see the difference in impact and meaning:

1. but I definitely understand their concern, and I, I also would have that concern."

2. but I understand their concern, and I, I also have that concern."

Last edited:
Regarding the revision of the timeline, I listened to the video of the neighbor's interview again and this is what he says about "smoking man."

"I had noticed her with a uh, uh, a white male in front, and they were smoking. A few days before that day we met her kids."

So, IMO it belongs on the timeline around 2/8 or 2/9 and means that "smoking man" could have been Jonathan.

Neighbor recalls first - and last - time he saw missing 5-year-old child

This statement is especially baffling when you also consider his prior statement regarding family accusations of abuse.

"I'm sorry that they did and that really pisses me off. Only because it seems like it's about something else and it's not happening now," Hernandez said. "Now, if you want to bring that up later that's fine. That's a whole separate issue. I think it's taking away from what's happening and I don't appreciate it. Not from my family, not from strangers."

Records: Missing boy's dad, stepmom had violent relationship

It's like he can't believe that the abuse could have any bearing on his son's disappearance and/or death.

Exactly.
Its not a separate issue like he claimed. It is directly related to why he is no longer alive. Abuse and not providing good care to a child go hand in hand.

random input:

im not convinced this is the case but i can believe EG was strategic and manipulative enough to not hurt Lucas in front of JH ever. i am absolutely not saying this excuses JH from not noticing the abuse in other ways such as bruises on Lucas', family concerns etc. i am just saying i can see the possible scenario where does not witness it firsthand/its a scenario i can play out in my head as we work through this case. this scenario leaves me with one speculation and one question:

-speculation: if JH did question the bruises on Lucas, i could see EG manipulating this conversation into issues about "their relationship overall" and deflecting from Lucas. Again, not defending JH - he should have stayed focus on Lucas and his son's well being. but i can see a vindictive woman like EG steering the convo like this:

JH: where are these bruises from?
EG: boys get bruises. idk.
JH: (presses further/wants an answer from her) EG: we were at the park, he did fall off the slide (or other lame excuses)
JH: this seems to happen a lot, other people have noticed too
EG: other people like your family? theyll say anything bad about me
JH: thats not what im saying, im just saying JO mentioned last time...
EG: youre taking her side? im your partner, how can you value what she says over me.

**step 1 to deflecting this from Lucas, she starts to talk about how he should be valuing/loving her. all about her. always.**

EG: "oh and do you remember that time JO said this about my friends/job/something thats not about Lucas" or "when we started JO was always jealous, she did X thing that one time" or "your mom thinks X about me and is always cold to me"
**step 2, she takes something about JO/the woman she is jealous of and brings up an issue (that very well may not be a real issue/is in her head) unrelated to Lucas

....this convo spirals to things about how shes not accepted to the family, how he's always working and other relationship issues that arent relevant to Lucas. before you know it, they are both screaming and yelling about everything under the sun and the core issue/concern (LUCAS) is completely forgotten. not that this excuses JHs neglect toward Lucas, i just think it may be what happened. They then make a lame attempt to mend this entire conversation before he inevitably packs up for work within 1-2 weeks. he comes home again, things are golden for a few days and then repeat.....

-question: if/when they were fighting when JH was home, what did EG do to release her anger if Lucas couldnt be her punching bag/she was able to restrain herself from hurting him in front of JH? more drugs or drink a lot - maybe JH would get mad about that? maybe she stormed out for a few hours and spent money? hung out w ppl he didnt like/other guys? whatever she did, i bet it fueled more arguing between JH and EG.

AgeofAquaruis said:
Yes.

===================================================================

WAIT. How do we know this is the same black guy that she said creeped her out? Is this a guess or am I missing something that proves this is the same person?

AgeofAquaruis said:
Yes.

===================================================================

WAIT. How do we know this is the same black guy that she said creeped her out? Is this a guess or am I missing something that proves this is the same person?

We don't.

I don't think that's horrible at all. In fact, it makes a lot of sense to me. But then I have no legal training so...

I agree but prior to the DA filing anything he is to wait until all LE evidence and the investigation is finished.

Most important every report leading to all conclusions in the autopsy has to be in. This DA is not going to file anything and begin time for a speedy trial until the best evidence is on his desk.

It may anger people, but he knows his job and does it well

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members