Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
usually, suspects are questioned at the police dept and not at the jail. sometimes detectives come to jail to question them again but this would be after they are already in custody.

Invoking her right to remain silent while she lawyers up!

I knew It!

Waterb******* is the word in my mind....just like when they were searching for Mariah and stepdad was sitting in jail not talking.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Mine hit out of the blue about 30 months after. It's rare but it happens.

Also, if it wasn't treated, it could have presented months ago and still been lingering. I'm thinking that it wouldn't take very much for to push a vulnerable person who already has issues over the edge.
The relative who reported the abuse stated she wasn't allowed to see Lucas for over a year afterward so it sounds like abuse was happening before her daughter was even born.

Marking my place... I've got nothing within TOS to say.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mine hit out of the blue about 30 months after. It's rare but it happens.

Also, if it wasn't treated, it could have presented months ago and still been lingering. I'm thinking that it wouldn't take very much for to push a vulnerable person who already has issues over the edge.

Problem is, she was reported for abusing Lucas. Not she or Lucas’ Dad or anyone else did anything to fix the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprising that the actions are now being taken against the stepmom. They are making sure she stays locked up until they can locate the body. Sadly I also wouldn't be surprised at all if the father eventually gets charges put on him as well. He may not have been the one doing any of the crimes but chances are good that he knew about the stuff that was going on. And if it does end up being that the stepmom murdered him that he would have known there was a chance she would do something like this.

As far as I am concerned, the father can go straight to hell.

He was told by members of both bio parents families that this was going on. BOTH sides. Usually, you might see one side accuse while the other defends- but both sides made these claims to him, and he ignored them. Cut off his own family from seeing him.

So, in my eyes, he belongs in the male ward of that jail for allowing those two children to be in her presence. Did he not love and care enough about his son to ask him privately if that ***** was hurting him? He enabled the step monster.

God have mercy on both of their souls, because I sure as hell won't!

Going to throw something out there, feel free to break it down and be honest so we can either say it's a possibility or not.

Lucas tries to run away from her, leaves the house barefoot, she is also barefoot (explaining the footprints and LE asking if they saw anyone running barefoot) and chases after him, Lucas not knowing where to run falls or she catches up to him and hurts him, she comes back home showers and ponders what she is going to say then calls the police. If this is the case, they should look close to the home. He's 5. She could have caught up to him within blocks. IMO.

I also agree that we don't know what day he actually went missing, I'm just going off the info we have.

Going to throw something out there, feel free to break it down and be honest so we can either say it's a possibility or not.

Lucas tries to run away from her, leaves the house barefoot, she is also barefoot and chases after him, Lucas not knowing where to run falls or she catches up to him and hurts him, she comes back home showers and ponders what she is going to say then calls the police. If this is the case, they should look close to the home. He's 5. She could have caught up to him within blocks. IMO.

I also agree that we don't know what day he actually went missing, I'm just going off the info we have.

The one issue I have here is why his scent wouldn't have been picked up.

I'm all for reserving judgment re: dad. My own father (oh so many many years ago) looked the other way when it came to how his new wife treated his daughter. He had no choice, I suppose, in his own mind; what could he do with two young children that lost their mom? The SM always waited until he wasn't around. Sigh. Step parents, and in this case, girlfriends..sometimes resent reminders of a previous relationship, especially the threat of competition. I imagine that is true here. Along with other issues..drugs perhaps.

Who knows how much young Lucas has been exposed to in his life..I'm sure we cannot imagine. I pray he is found very soon. I pray for all of the family too. Pins and needles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yep. we showed Mariah's mom no mercy for knowing it was goin on, same here. he should have asked!

As far as I am concerned, the father can go straight to hell.

He was told by members of both bio parents families that this was going on. BOTH sides. Usually, you might see one side accuse while the other defends- but both sides made these claims to him, and he ignored them. Cut off his own family from seeing him.

So, in my eyes, he belongs in the male ward of that jail for allowing those two children to be in her presence. Did he not love and care enough about his son to ask him privately if that ***** was hurting him? He enabled the step monster.

God have mercy on both of their souls, because I sure as hell won't!

I am wondering if she left them alone for 3 hours? Did she go 'score' and leave the kids home alone?

I was wondering the same thing. She wasn't napping...she left both kids alone, for whatever reason, and so little man DID walk outside alone, and now he is missing.

21-5601. Endangering a child; aggravated endangering a child. (a) Endangering a child is knowingly and unreasonably causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health may be endangered.
(b) Aggravated endangering a child is:
(1) Recklessly causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health is endangered;
(2) causing or permitting such child to be in an environment where the person knows or reasonably should know that any person is distributing, possessing with intent to distribute, manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any methamphetamine, or analog thereof, as defined by subsection (d)(3) or (f)(1) of K.S.A. 65-4107, and amendments thereto; or
(3) causing or permitting such child to be in an environment where the person knows or reasonably should know that drug paraphernalia or volatile, toxic or flammable chemicals are stored for the purpose of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any methamphetamine, or analog thereof, as defined by subsection (d)(3) or (f)(1) of K.S.A. 65-4107, and amendments thereto.

(c) (1) Endangering a child is a class A person misdemeanor.
(2) Aggravated endangering a child is a severity level 9, person felony. The sentence for a violation of aggravated endangering a child shall be served consecutively to any other term or terms of imprisonment imposed. Such sentence shall not be considered a departure and shall not be subject to appeal.
(d) Nothing in subsection (a) shall be construed to mean a child is endangered for the sole reason the child's parent or guardian, in good faith, selects and depends upon spiritual means alone through prayer, in accordance with the tenets and practice of a recognized church or religious denomination, for the treatment or cure of disease or remedial care of such child.
(e) As used in this section:
(1) "Manufacture" means the same as in K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 21-5701, and amendments thereto; and
(2) "drug paraphernalia" means the same as in K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 21-5701, and amendments thereto.
History: L. 2010, ch. 136, § 78; L. 2011, ch. 30, § 34; July 1.

Why is there so much specific reference to methamphetamine in this statute?

http://kslegislature.org/li_2012/b2..._article/021_056_0001_section/021_056_0001_k/

Thank you for this. I didn't understand what child endangerment is in relation to this case. My family has had its share of drug abusers and TBH this stepmom and the Father both look like users. Not saying that means they are guilty of harming Lucas. And not all drug users are abusers. But their gaunt faces and body composition looks eerily similar to a few of my family members who regularly use. These people need help and often reject it when it's offered. 😔 Read news reports the great grandmother wrote letters and called CPS numerous times but nothing was done. If true those officials are just as responsible. 😭 poor Lucas. So many people failed you.

I think he's been missing longer than we know about. We have no one but the Step-monster's word that he went missing on Saturday. He could have been dead before that and she transported him from the house by car. They have only lived at the home for a week right? Has anyone independent of the Step-monster seen precious Lucas at the new house?

KAKE News Retweeted
https://twitter.com/MorganDowningTVKAKE Morgan Downing‏
@MorganDowningTV
The two child endangerment counts are for Lucas and a 1-year-old child. Police say more charges could be coming.
https://twitter.com/KAKEnews

My bolding. I'm certainly expecting more charges to come. :mad: I hope someone explains to her that telling where Lucas is now rather than later is the best option.

These days I worry that perps have learned to wait until a decent amount of decomp has occurred before giving up a body (thanks to a certain Florida psychopath) because an "undetermined" COD may suggest reasonable doubt to a jury or even cause a DA to offer a plea deal earlier. JMO though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16