Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really believe SM took a shower or nap now that we know about the arrest. Most times those are just covers for what really happened. imo

I keep coming back to you guys off and on throughout the day. The news of Emily being arrested is bittersweet. On one hand, we're hoping to start getting answers and that Lucas will be found soon. On the other hand, it's confirming what we've been so afraid of. Thank you guys for being here.

Prayers are with you and your family. I can sincerely say that I have become attached to Lucas through all of this. He is such a sweet little boy. We are here for you.

Just saw the *stepmom arrested* addition in the title. Knew I shouldn't have stepped away! Off to catch up!

May I ask how you all knew so early on that the SM was such a strong suspect? I only saw her fb page, and didn't really see any red flags. But I did take note of Ontario Mom saying something to the effect that you shouldn't be deceived by what people publicly post, so I know I missed something. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is the woman in the stocking cap Emily?

16128491_G.jpg

http://www.kake.com/story/37542178/missing-childs-parents-attend-vigil

It depends on the dog and the *shudder* decomp time.

My labs will track a live thing for long distances, but if we use say a thawed frozen (feathered, not rotten) bird they can not get nearly as far. If they were rotten (like old raw chicken in my trash can) they’d follow it for ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the point is really the differentiation. A tracker dog might be able to follow the scent of a person even if that person is recently deceased, but will they be able to tell the handler that the scent has changed to deceased?

A cadaver dog, on the other hand, won't be able to tell you the name of the person whose scent they've found, but they will tell you that they've found the scent of a body.

So I think they're two very different specialities for a dog to learn and become expert in. One is the scent of a particular person, the other is the scent of decomp chemicals, and each type of dog is an expert in their own field?

Can you answer the question of whether the tracker dogs could tell if Lucas had ever been in the new home? I presume his clothes and things are there so would the dog just go to things Lucas has been in contact with or could it tell if he'd lived there?

A couple comments.
It appears she was arrested for endangerment, not aggravated endangerment, which is what some of you are discussing with th meth, etc. So, I'm more inclined to say she left both kids alone....she wasn't in the home napping. Likely, when him wandering off during a nap was less plausible, she admitted to police she actually left the kids home alone.

Second comment, we are all thinking no one naps for 3 hours with a 5 year old in the house. But I'm going to assume all of us also don't severely abuse 5 year olds. This poor little one would probably love for her to take a 3 hour nap so he could have relief from her treatment. He probably got in trouble if he woke her, so he wouldn't do that. And, we're discussing an abuser here...she doesn't care if she leaves a kid unattended while she naps for 3 hours because she's a bad person.

This whole story is heartbreaking. I hope his family gets some sort of answers soon. Any answer is better than not knowing, in my opinion.

I don't really believe SM took a shower or nap now that we know about the arrest. Most times those are just covers for what really happened. imo

Would love to know if they checked the shower to see if it had recently been used. Or for wet towels, washcloth, whatever.

When watching shows that feature first arrivals at crime scenes, and a shower may be involved, this is one of the first things they do.

The only reason that I can think of is that she, or someone she knows, has friends in high places.
I can't imagine anyone who is in a high position of authority/power would want to be associated with her/this case. JMO

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

May I ask how you all knew so early on that the SM was such a strong suspect? I only saw her fb page, and didn't really see any red flags. But I did take note of Ontario Mom saying something to the effect that you shouldn't be deceived by what people publicly post, so I know I missed something. Just curious.

Statistics. Here in WS this outcome far outweighs any other when it comes to very young missing children.

First of all my thoughts and prayers are going out to this little boy's family. I am not shocked at all that the stepmom has been arrested. I had a feeling it was coming soon. This case has given me Mariah Woods vibes. Its going just like her case went and how LE handled it. I really think they should search around where they moved a week ago. What if she took him to that area?

Can we now talk about the shoes?

FindLucasAllen(Verified WS member to this case) commented on this last night and she said those shoes floating around are older pair that he doesn't wear anymore. She says hes in a size 12 now not a size 10 and that the shoes he wears now are green. You can find the post here:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ta-17-February-2018-2&p=13943347#post13943347

I keep coming back to you guys off and on throughout the day. The news of Emily being arrested is bittersweet. On one hand, we're hoping to start getting answers and that Lucas will be found soon. On the other hand, it's confirming what we've been so afraid of. Thank you guys for being here.

Sending you so many hugs and prayers .Thank you for being with us too! This is a great place and you have provided such good information. I hope now that LE has charged EG that they can get more answers to bring him home.

Sadly, we have seen this type of case end up the same way over and over and over. So much that we could probably tell you what the next several steps in this dance will be, right now.

I think the point is really the differentiation. A tracker dog might be able to follow the scent of a person even if that person is recently deceased, but will they be able to tell the handler that the scent has changed to deceased?

A cadaver dog, on the other hand, won't be able to tell you the name of the person whose scent they've found, but they will tell you that they've found the scent of a body.

So I think they're two very different specialities for a dog to learn and become expert in. One is the scent of a particular person, the other is the scent of decomp chemicals, and each type of dog is an expert in their own field?

Can you answer the question of whether the tracker dogs could tell if Lucas had ever been in the new home? I presume his clothes and things are there so would the dog just go to things Lucas has been in contact with or could it tell if he'd lived there?

What LE said was that the dogs didn’t pick up his scent outside the house. It could certainly be that he was never in the backyard out the open back door or that he was carried alive or deceased long enough from the time they tried to track that there was no air scent left. Also, dogs aren’t perfect. I think they should have tried to track EG’s scent. As well as Lucas’.

Do they have old cars or outbuildings that they've abandoned elsewhere or sold recently?

Problem is, she was reported for abusing Lucas. Not she or Lucas’ Dad or anyone else did anything to fix the problem.

It looks that way. But we really don't have any way of knowing what medical or psychological help she was or wasn't getting. And at the moment we don't know what role other adults around her may have played.

Note that I am not trying to excuse her. I just don't think we've heard the entire story yet.

I’m heartbroken this child was failed. Family tried to step in, the Dad, even as a victim, knew the monster was reported yet he continued to leave Lucas with her while he was gone for long periods of time. I don’t understand why, oh why, they wouldn’t just let family have Lucas. The SM didn’t care, the dad didn’t either apparently. So, so heartbreaking.

I honestly fear he has been gone longer than reported. Only because the question has never been answered if he missed school recently. I don’t think the question the reporter asked came out of nowhere.

Poor baby [emoji24][emoji24]. Where are you little Lucas.

IMO, anything I say is JMO
—————————————-
RIP Lisa Harvey ❤️ http://www.news-ridgecrest.com/news/story.pl?id=0000007796

Also, yes they definitely can be an expert but any trained scent dog should pick up on a decomp trail if the death was several hours earlier, but that’s still predicted on the body being close enough (and within several hours of the trail) or on the ground to have a scent to follow. A very recently deceased person in a carried duffle or suitcase would not leave a trail that would be traceable for a significant amount of time.

It looks that way. But we really don't have any way of knowing what medical or psychological help she was or wasn't getting. And at the moment we don't know what role other adults around her may have played.

Note that I am not trying to excuse her. I just don't think we've heard the entire story yet.

He should have been removed as soon as he told someone she was hurting him.

Would someone please clarify the relationship of the POI to Lucas? The thread title shows stepmother, however I was under the impression she was a girlfriend. Perhaps I missed that detail. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenduhhhhh