Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What LE said was that the dogs didn’t pick up his scent outside the house. It could certainly be that he was never in the backyard out the open back door or that he was carried alive or deceased long enough from the time they tried to track that there was no air scent left. Also, dogs aren’t perfect. I think they should have tried to track EG’s scent. As well as Lucas’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bolded above, ^ that!!!!!

gf, step mom, not much difference IMO. shed been w the dad awhile and had a kid w him.

Would someone please clarify the relationship of the POI to Lucas? The thread title shows stepmother, however I was under the impression she was a girlfriend. Perhaps I missed that detail. TIA

THANK YOU.

I was just going to ask where all the outrage against bio dad was (compared to the outrage against the bio mom in the Mariah case).

For me, this is a difference in the cases.

Lucas's Dad was out of town working on the oil rigs for weeks at a time. I think that makes it easier for him to miss what is going on in the home.

Mariah's family was living together 24/7 in a cramped trailer, and the reported abuse was taking place while she was there, and it would be impossible not to hear it, imo.

For me, this is a difference in the cases.

Lucas's Dad was out of town working on the oil rigs for weeks at a time. I think that makes it easier for him to miss what is going on in the home.

Mariah's family was living together 24/7 in a cramped trailer, and the reported abuse was taking place while she was there, and it would be impossible not to hear it, imo.

But he knew there were tons of pics and at least a few reports that CPS was investigating in regard to abuse of his child. His family and the bio mom’s family.

I find it totally amazing how many mothers, step-mothers and girlfriends are "napping" while a child disappears?
I have napped with my boys when they were younger. I had pleurisy and they were 4 and 2 but I napped in the room with them.
Also, I don't believe the 1 year old would take a 3 hour nap. Moo

Feb 21

Separately, Wichita Municipal Court records show that the stepmother – who police say reported Lucas missing – was found guilty of misdemeanor disorderly conduct-brawling/fighting over an incident in April 2016 at a south Wichita apartment complex where the family previously lived.

She was arrested and accused of the same kind crime in late 2014, but the charge was dismissed.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201392504.html

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Also, yes they definitely can be an expert but any trained scent dog should pick up on a decomp trail if the death was several hours earlier, but that’s still predicted on the body being close enough (and within several hours of the trail) or on the ground to have a scent to follow. A very recently deceased person in a carried duffle or suitcase would not leave a trail that would be traceable for a significant amount of time.

I wonder if she parked her car in or out of the garage?

What LE said was that the dogs didn’t pick up his scent outside the house. It could certainly be that he was never in the backyard out the open back door or that he was carried alive or deceased long enough from the time they tried to track that there was no air scent left. Also, dogs aren’t perfect. I think they should have tried to track EG’s scent. As well as Lucas’.

My guess is a K9 hit on something more sinister in the home and this is why we haven’t seen a plea for anything other than tips. I have faith in LE on this one.
But I am still saddened by the recent developments. Thinking of Lucas and his loved ones.

May I ask how you all knew so early on that the SM was such a strong suspect? I only saw her fb page, and didn't really see any red flags. But I did take note of Ontario Mom saying something to the effect that you shouldn't be deceived by what people publicly post, so I know I missed something. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

She was the last one to see him. She was alone in the home with him and he disappeared with no sign of anyone taking him and no one reporting him wandering in the street. One of the first things I did was to look at the map on Google maps and I could see so many houses in all directions...how could a little five year old boy with no shoes or coat be wandering around for 3 hours without being noticed?

If Lucas had been found hiding in a shed in a neighbor's garden within a few hours or something like that, then that's different. But I didn't come into the threads until it had been 2 or three days, and by then I felt that there was a 95% chance that it was the stepmom. I also feel the timing doesn't feel right. I think the shower was in preparation for calling LE to say that Lucas was missing, not that he was in the house when she took that shower. As soon as the story breaks, the neighbors will be thinking back to any activity in that street, so I don't think anyone could have easily taken Lucas from the house during those three hours or even shortly before that time.

EG's activity on Saturday will have been queried by LE to ensure it matches what observations the neighbors had when LE knocked on their doors and asked them what they'd seen in the street that day. It would be pushing things to try to lie about her activities that day imho (and I could be proved wrong on that part, but I'm just saying the things that went through my head before this news came out).

It's not the middle of nowhere, someone should have seen a child being put into a car or something if there had been an abduction. So, for me, everything points back to the house and the person in the house...which is EG.

I didn't see her FB page right away, I don't find them particularly useful really in gauging someone's likelihood of this kind of thing. The main thing that interested me was whether there were pics of Lucas on there (how well he's integrated into the family unit) and also the type of things she's drawn to, like the Chakras and the photos she posted for locations and whether anything seemed meaningful to her -- for trying to consider what kind of dump site she'd possibly want to use for a child.

Having said that I wouldn't rule anything out. I wouldn't attack someone on these grounds. But for me it was the circumstances more than anything else. Add in that dad was away and then that there had been allegations of suspected abuse from both sides of the family. I think the crazy thing is that these are all things that a person can't really hide after the fact, so people like Sherin's parents, Mariah's mom's bf (and the mom to an extent), and EG are always going to stand out like a sore thumb and there's nothing they can do to change that no matter how they try to cover up.

Feb 21

Separately, Wichita Municipal Court records show that the stepmother – who police say reported Lucas missing – was found guilty of misdemeanor disorderly conduct-brawling/fighting over an incident in April 2016 at a south Wichita apartment complex where the family previously lived.

She was arrested and accused of the same kind crime in late 2014, but the charge was dismissed.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201392504.html

I wonder if that was the apartment complex that thanked her for leaving good comments about living there.

IIRC, Noah Thomas's mom was initially charged with child endangerment for leaving her kids alone. Been a long time since I read that, tho, so I could be wrong. I seem to also remember that it was drug related.
I'm not sure she would be in medical due to detox unless it was alcohol or benzo abuse. Even heroin addicts usually have to go cold turkey in a jail cell with just like immodium or something. Or maybe they put her there so they can kinda coddle her so she will be more inclined to cooperate. Just my opinion

Would someone please clarify the relationship of the POI to Lucas? The thread title shows stepmother, however I was under the impression she was a girlfriend. Perhaps I missed that detail. TIA

She was a long time girlfriend, and they have a one yr old baby together.

I wonder if that was the apartment complex that thanked her for leaving good comments about living there.
I believe so. The comment said she had lived there 3 years.

I wonder if she parked her car in or out of the garage?

I was wondering if she has a car since LE hasn’t asked for video of a specific vehicle or taken a car in for forensic testing that we’re aware of.

The recent move bothers me a lot. A lot of trash, moving boxes, etc., to throw away. Was dad home to help move?
If Lucas missed 10 days of school for strep throat, and dad was working out of town, we don’t really know his last sighting. EG’s story is blown regarding timing, don’t believe her... Did dad FaceTime or speak with Lucas on the phone since he last saw Lucas in person? Proof of life, so to speak?

She was the last one to see him. She was alone in the home with him and he disappeared with no sign of anyone taking him and no one reporting him wandering in the street. One of the first things I did was to look at the map on Google maps and I could see so many houses in all directions...how could a little five year old boy with no shoes or coat be wandering around for 3 hours without being noticed?

If Lucas had been found hiding in a shed in a neighbor's garden within a few hours or something like that, then that's different. But I didn't come into the threads until it had been 2 or three days, and by then I felt that there was a 95% chance that it was the stepmom. I also feel the timing doesn't feel right. I think the shower was in preparation for calling LE to say that Lucas was missing, not that he was in the house when she took that shower. As soon as the story breaks, the neighbors will be thinking back to any activity in that street, so I don't think anyone could have easily taken Lucas from the house during those three hours or even shortly before that time.

EG's activity on Saturday will have been queried by LE to ensure it matches what observations the neighbors had when LE knocked on their doors and asked them what they'd seen in the street that day. It would be pushing things to try to lie about her activities that day imho (and I could be proved wrong on that part, but I'm just saying the things that went through my head before this news came out).

It's not the middle of nowhere, someone should have seen a child being put into a car or something if there had been an abduction. So, for me, everything points back to the house and the person in the house...which is EG.

I’m in a very small city ~25,000 and a very populated single family home neighborhood, I notice every small child walking by the house or at the park alone and my kids usually tell me said kid is 9 or 10 just small. I would certainly notice a tiny 5 year old alone. No one saw him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member