Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to back-to-back post, but site is letting me so I'm gonna...
Thinking on the school nurse delaying report until after Lucas went missing.
1. Did she report it to her admin but not directly to DCF? IIRC, they have to report to their superiors, but not necessarily directly to DCF
2. Did she, perhaps, fear that an immediate response by DCF could make it worse for Lucas? Sad thing is, mandated reporters I know personally have often commented that the fear of reporting is the possible retaliation the child could experience. Some have purposefully waited until a time they knew the child would be at school or in other care to make a report or urged DCF to act during school hours, separating child from the immediate shock and reaction from the parent.

I'm not trying to make excuses -- I'm just wondering if she was trying to follow a gut instinct first? Perhaps she thought it would be better to wait for Lucas to return to school when he would be "sheltered" and she could talk to EG face to face and make the determination at that point? The "consistent with a fall" note may have dissuaded her or encouraged her to do a little digging first. Of course, between his illnesses she may not have had the chance -- we don't know that the nurse was involved in the instances when EG picked up Lucas; could have been a teacher or secretary calling, as nurses are often part-time in this school district.
JMO

I was just reading through all of the news articles from before Lucas was found and was reminded of something that has always bothered me a lot.

“Everybody has to be innocent until they’re proven guilty….I realize it’s frustrating for the public not to know.” -JH

Frustrating for the public not to know?! What about frustrating for him not to know?!

Scroll down to March 13 almost at the very bottom of the page:
Lucas Hernandez Update: Neighbor reportedly says she saw missing boy days before he vanished
That’s a legal thing, not a personal mantra. Smdh

I can understand the landlord holding JH to the term of the lease. Right now, that house might be hard to rent and the landlord has a right to earn a living from his property. When JH's lease is up (I'm assuming next Feb, but that is an assumption), the story will likely have quieted down and a new renter might not even realize what happened in the house.

From JH's point of view, it's expensive to move. You have to come up with first month rent, last month rent, any other deposit the landlord requires. Then there is the actual expense of taking the time to find a place and then hiring a van, etc. I'm not sure if he lives paycheck to paycheck, but for many people, they can't financially up and move even if they want to.

jmopinion

JH probably has more money, now. He could sell Emily's Acura, so he doesn't have to make the payments or pay for the car insurance. If he is paying for health insurance, it just got cheaper with two of his dependents being deceased. He doesn't have to buy very much groceries and doesn't have to buy other needs for people. If he isn't drinking all of his money away, he should have quite a bit extra. Carrying for people is costly.

JMO
I have been thinking about the odor that the LL was supposedly notified about. I thought of one possible reason why it could have been an issue for EG.

Lets assume she kept the body in the tub for many days before finally removing him to the bridge creek area.

And lets assume the drain in the tub was already a problem before that. Drains in tubs can frequently become clogged with hair because that is often the place where people take showers and wash their hair. Once a drain becomes a problem drain then it can be difficult to get it fixed to drain properly. Sometimes it takes a plumber to run a snake down the drain to pull out all the lumps of clogged hair in order for it to start to drain right.

So I have been wondering if they had a problem drain already and if EG kept the body in the tub for many days then its possible that body fluids sat in the clogged drain for days and never could drain right.

Even after the body was removed the odor could get really bad if the drain was still clogged. Im wondering if something like that is what EG was dealing with and she needed professional help to get the drain to flow right.

Once a drain clog is freed up properly then it would still take some good rinsing using like a vinegar solution and other good cleaning fluids to get the smell to subside because odors will cling to any debri that remains along the walls of the drain pipe. Some old drain pipes will have many areas in the pipe that have buildup and even though the drain will flow it doesnt mean there is not still debri in the pipe that can keep odors clinging to them. Like down the walls of the neck of the drain which leads to the P trap. The edges of the walls can retain bad odors if enough debri is clinging to the walls.

Also if the P trap is not working right then that could be another huge source of odors. The P trap is the bending portion of the pipe that have the U shaped bend in it that you usually see under the sink. Called a P trap because the pipe going to the U shape looks like letter P. They are designed to hold water in the U at the bottom of the bending. That little bit of water traps the gasses on the downside of the piping which ends up going to the sewer or septic. P traps can malfunction if water is not retained in that bending trap at the bottom. That can happen if the piping is not angled properly or if there is a crack or leak in the seals then water will drain out of the trap and not stop the odor from coming back up to the opening.

Anyway I think she had a serious plumbing issue and that is why even after she finally removed him the odor stayed around.

These are all good points... but wouldn't JH become suspicious of not being able to talk to Lucas? Unless EG told him that Lucas had the 'flu' or something. Do we know the last time, JH had contact with Lucas?

I chose to simply quote this post rather than parse together bits from others -- mostly because my computer doesn't like this site right now and I don't know if this will make it onto the board, must hurry, lol!

First -- in another tnith post, the "pissing contest" between FBI & local jurisdictions is mentioned. Why do you suppose that is? I have ideas, but I'm curious. My question would be -- what is the priority, the number one issue? It is finding the child or protecting the evidentiary process? Are there disagreements about this, and is information withheld in the process?

The other issue I'm having is the "fine line" of TOS in cases like this, where you're bound to have so many periphery players. I recall the Cummings and Croslins and all the unsleuthable yet still mentionable players, such as Whiteboy Greg, and the pattern of lying within both families. I'd have to go back and read everything in order to recall how each of these people were individually allowed in to discussion, but I guess I'm asking for suggestions other than private conversations -- if they are not in MSM in a way that mentions Lucas, is there still a way to illuminate a (possible) connection through other verifiable means/links? I'm thinking probably not, which is both understandable and frustrating -- so IMO I would stick to private conversations AND submit your research to both LE and DA.

Are you using Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome? Whichever one you are using, might not be supported by the site. There for a while, I couldn't look at WS while on Chrome. Someone else on here had mentioned not being able to get onto WS since the switch over. I am for certain it has to do with the web engine (is this the correct term) that you're using.

Well as a former bar owner that’s not entirely true. We had a long list of people not allowed in my bar, known troublemakers and whatnot.

I agree, I acknowledged that in my followup. I just don't see JH being any sort of public nuisance, especially not with all of the media watching for him to mess up or do something they can report on.

Wichita’s Chief of police is very much about transparency and public input/community policing/community relations. He is very responsive at the appropriate time. Once the investigation is complete should other charges be filed or not I expect WPD along with the DA to make quite a bit if not all of it public. I have mentioned it before but I think it bears repeating - the sheer amount on Evan Brewer’s case that came out following the investigation and charges filed was overwhelming and astounding.

These are all good points... but wouldn't JH become suspicious of not being able to talk to Lucas? Unless EG told him that Lucas had the 'flu' or something. Do we know the last time, JH had contact with Lucas?

I agree that at some point JH would start to suspect something about why he could not speak with LH. She probably told him he was sleeping and then she came up with more excuses as the days wore on.

I dont think anyone really knows for sure yet on timelines of things. Lets hope LE has some information they will someday share.

If the COD is determined to abuse or neglect DCF will release their files, if COD doesn't indicate abuse or neglect they will not. I don't understand how getting the public involved and signing petition etc will change that?
Because it’s likely DCF will retract a lot of info. In a formal proceeding it’s harder to do.

Sorry to back-to-back post, but site is letting me so I'm gonna...
Thinking on the school nurse delaying report until after Lucas went missing.
1. Did she report it to her admin but not directly to DCF? IIRC, they have to report to their superiors, but not necessarily directly to DCF
2. Did she, perhaps, fear that an immediate response by DCF could make it worse for Lucas? Sad thing is, mandated reporters I know personally have often commented that the fear of reporting is the possible retaliation the child could experience. Some have purposefully waited until a time they knew the child would be at school or in other care to make a report or urged DCF to act during school hours, separating child from the immediate shock and reaction from the parent.

I'm not trying to make excuses -- I'm just wondering if she was trying to follow a gut instinct first? Perhaps she thought it would be better to wait for Lucas to return to school when he would be "sheltered" and she could talk to EG face to face and make the determination at that point? The "consistent with a fall" note may have dissuaded her or encouraged her to do a little digging first. Of course, between his illnesses she may not have had the chance -- we don't know that the nurse was involved in the instances when EG picked up Lucas; could have been a teacher or secretary calling, as nurses are often part-time in this school district.
JMO

All great questions that would likely be answered in a formal child death inquest.

I agree that at some point JH would start to suspect something about why he could not speak with LH. She probably told him he was sleeping and then she came up with more excuses as the days wore on.

I dont think anyone really knows for sure yet on timelines of things. Lets hope LE has some information they will someday share.
Formal inquest would get it out there.

Former VI stated JH claimed to have "facetimed" with Lucas on the 15th but no confirmation on when they last spoke, so there's been a lot of speculation about earlier timeline given the lack of confirmation about that as well as the lack of confirmation from LE on supposed LL and neighbor sightings of Lucas. My personal opinion is that if EG did indeed see that couple on the 11th (per former VI timeline) and she relinquished the cat on the 12th, that Lucas died on the 11th or 12th and she spent the rest of the week figuring out how and when she would report him missing.
Are you using Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome? Whichever one you are using, might not be supported by the site. There for a while, I couldn't look at WS while on Chrome. Someone else on here had mentioned not being able to get onto WS since the switch over. I am for certain it has to do with the web engine (is this the correct term) that you're using.
I've tried all three -- I've posted in the "glitch" forum -- for some reason it's doing quite well the past 15 min or so, don't want to jinx myself though.

Effective date was June 1. They said they would release the records if Lucas’ autopsy shows death by neglect or abuse ahead of the effective date
Effective date is July 1,2018

I just read the enrolled version and see no significant changes to child death public records. Most of what I read dealt with banking voting and financial records. I copy it here. It often happens that a bill is changed and not everything in the title is contained in the last version of the body or content in the bill. Little misleading.

Regardless it does not apply because the effective date is after Lucas was killed and EG DIED. AND IT IS STILL LIMITING AND SAYS NOThING ABOUT REDACTIONS.

Last edited:
I agree, I acknowledged that in my followup. I just don't see JH being any sort of public nuisance, especially not with all of the media watching for him to mess up or do something they can report on.
I was thinking about he was complaining about people driving by his house and harassing not him causing trouble.

Wichita’s Chief of police is very much about transparency and public input/community policing/community relations. He is very responsive at the appropriate time. Once the investigation is complete should other charges be filed or not I expect WPD along with the DA to make quite a bit if not all of it public. I have mentioned it before but I think it bears repeating - the sheer amount on Evan Brewer’s case that came out following the investigation and charges filed was overwhelming and astounding.
I think with the Evan Brewer case and even the swatting death.Wichita will be working hard to really be transparent and keep people from coming up with too many theories when all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257