Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JH had no way of knowing Lucas would be found so soon. Yes he knew the private investigator was in town, yes he knew the investigator would be looking for Lucas, however, look how many weeks police and the community had been looking for Lucas! I don't agree with many things JH has said, or done. But I can understand living pay check to pay check, and worried that if you don't get back to work, you'll be fired, or won't have any money for the bills. And some people would rather be at work than dealing with stress at home. I know people that have gone to work the day after a parent died. Me? Nope, I couldn't function. But some do.

Does anyone else think JH was doing drugs with EG and absolutely knew about the meth and the prior heroin use?
Of course there’s no evidence for the court but if he was part of that group of users mh is in harms way if he gets custody. She’s already in harms way since he is unprotective historically but drug abuse and the characters that come with it makes it even worse for a child.
I might be the only one, but no, I don't think JH was using too. In the line of work he was (is?) in, that would be verboten. My s o of 12 years works in this field. No way would you keep your job..too many possibilities of random drug screen testing. He would be too great a risk, they would fire him on the spot. Since I believe he's been in the job a while, I doubt him using. My opinion only.

I might be the only one, but no, I don't think JH was using too. In the line of work he was (is?) in, that would be verboten. My s o of 12 years works in this field. No way would you keep your job..too many possibilities of random drug screen testing. He would be too great a risk, they would fire him on the spot. Since I believe he's been in the job a while, I doubt him using. My opinion only.
I keep hearing this about the drug testing and I believe it is correct. Could it be he only used while he was home for the 10 days and then clean the 20?

I believe he was using. Passing drug tests are easy, especially when you make good money and can afford to buy synthetic urine. It's still doable without synthetics, people do it all of the time.
I tend to think he was at least sometimes. My point really is, is that he wasn't against someone using. I think he did know EG was using and while they both took care of the kids and without him there while she was the only one in charge of the kids. This household spells neglect all over the place! I have such a major problem with placing kids around drugs and alcohol abuse. There is nothing good for the kids in it. Nothing! I sure as heck hope they don't let him have MH. He will find another woman to help him raise his daughter and while he is at work. The dude has a broken picker!

JH had no way of knowing Lucas would be found so soon. Yes he knew the private investigator was in town, yes he knew the investigator would be looking for Lucas, however, look how many weeks police and the community had been looking for Lucas! I don't agree with many things JH has said, or done. But I can understand living pay check to pay check, and worried that if you don't get back to work, you'll be fired, or won't have any money for the bills. And some people would rather be at work than dealing with stress at home. I know people that have gone to work the day after a parent died. Me? Nope, I couldn't function. But some do.

But if DM spent time with JH and EG the day before and EG admitted her involvement which based on the facts she had - then JH knew she was taking DM to Lucas body - so his body would be found that day - not weeks away.

I believe he was using. Passing drug tests are easy, especially when you make good money and can afford to buy synthetic urine. It's still doable without synthetics, people do it all of the time.

I have no doubt in my mind he was using. In the position he held I doubt he would of been given many drug test. In addition, a drug user knows how to get by drug test - this isn't his first rodeo regarding drugs.

This is a painful memory for me, but my ex would be away for a month at a time. He and his co-workers would be taken by bus to the worksite and driven back to the town a month later. It was an eight hour drive.
That’s two paycheques and before direct deposit. By the time he got home, most of his pay was gone. If I was lucky, he would remember to put some money in the bank for the kids and me when he cashed his cheque while he was away.
When he was home, he and his cronies would be drinking and doing drugs. I was really naive about drugs and at first thought the craziness was alcohol induced. I have no idea what drugs he consumed but I knew it was happening.
A couple of days before going back to work, he would straighten out and just be a mean sober guy. I mentioned work related drug testing once and he just laughed. Hit and miss, he said. I never questioned that.
Sorry for the rambling, but whenever I read of families being apart for weeks at a time, my mind goes there.
This was a long time ago so I’m sure drug testing has improved a lot since then.

Last edited:
I am very glad Lucas was found.
There are several things about DM that just don't make sense to me

-He forgets to record his initial interview with JH and EG
-At the very beginning when EG gets in the car DM partner
tells her it isn't gonna be as bad as she thinks -tells me they
knew from EG that she hid the body and was taken them to it
-In part of the tapes we hear he tells EG to stick to the same
story that they talked about yesterday dont change story
-He tells EG he researched the charge for not disclosing a death and max she can get is 18months - which tells me he knew - she admitted the day before that she hid his body - otherwise you wouldn't research that charge
-He sends JH away so EG will open up because he said he could tell EG was a little scared of JH.
-He plans on picking up EG so she can take him to Lucas body
which tells me that he knew from the first interview she hid
his body - you would not just say hey lets go driving around if
she was denying any involvement.
-So JH knew when he left that EG had hid Lucas body. I
understand DM telling JH hey you can't be in the car with us
when we go looking for his body because she might open up
and tell more about what happened if your not there. But
why the heck would you drive 10 hours away when you know
that your girlfriend is leading someone to your sons body?

All this just tells me that JH is hiding something and much much more was revealed to DM during that initial interview.
Thank You for stating this. Every one of these statements you made is exactly what I’ve been sifting through. Yes, Lucas was found, and I am so glad. How he was found (the day before Emily led DM to Lucas) is still a huge question for me. It leaves me with an uneasy feeling (how DM told her hiding the body was a limited sentence) - His actions have shown that finding Lucas was his main goal, at any cost. IMO, JH knew to an extent that Emily disposed of Lucas’s body. This is one story I’m afraid we will never know the “whole” truth. I am grateful he was found, but I wholeheartedly believe the whole deal was not on the up and up. As a professional, DM should NEVER have released those audios before a trial. If even afterwards. It was unprofessional and reckless. I’m sure he knew this. It makes me wonder WHY, and what his angle was.
JMO

The NG producer said he listened to all 6 hours. Maybe they will release more in the future.
NG was buying into JH’s sob story. That right there tells me she had no idea he was facing charges for abuse to EG’s son. She is only as good as her reporters, which left out that HUGE piece of information. She advocates for kids, I wonder what she thinks now? JMO

Not to mention, these drug tests are at random.
But, how the heck do they do their job?? Everyone keeps mentioning that it's easy to scam a drug test. Depending on what your actual job is (in the field), are you able to continue doing your job?? Admittedly I am not around drug use, have never in all of my sixty years used drugs or even smoked pot. I did lose my brother to an overdose of heroin, years ago. I did work in my husbands company for twenty four years..we fired people on the spot if they were a danger to themselves or others (particularly around equipment)(by being inebriated or high.). So, I'm confused a bit by the possibility of JH being able to work out in the field and maybe be high at the same time. Perhaps he scammed his job? Perhaps he works for a small company in the industry..one of the large ones , I believe, he'd have been gone long ago if he is doing what many here are suggesting. (Oops! There is this..we don't really know what his job is actually doing!! There are a lot of possibilities! He could be a land man, or he could work on a rig, or, or, or...). I imagine we won't really know now. (My opinion only.)

(O/T, I was talking with a friend who confided in me that her husband is a 2 year meth addict. She is straight and naive about such things so came to me for support and advice. When I asked her about the "signs", she said he is not violent or aggressive at all, not skinny, has a good complextion (not all pockmarked, etc), has a very calm demeanor and is good with the kids...I also got to "interview" a 30 year meth addict, and noticed that he was very chubby and seemed "normal"...my point is that I'm starting to wonder and think that not all meth addicts may show "physical" signs. For my friend, she said the only odd behavior was him staying out all night.)

(Eta: I told my friend to run for her life. Get the heck out. Because it's a downhill road.)

I know I’ve mentioned this before on many threads back but here it goes again. I am a Recruiter in the construction industry and deal with these guys daily all over the US. The drugs are out there. A lot of the time they have connections on the site. I recently had a job where the foreman’s wife was selling meth, cocaine, pills and marijuana out of the tool room. Couldn’t make this up if I tried. I reported it and she was arrested. If someone is a user they’ll find it anywhere. Unless his job site was doing a hair follicle test or have an observer watch them do the UA there’s a good chance they’re using synthetic urine or some else’s urine. They tape the plastic bag (smaller but similar to what it looks like when you donate plasma) to their leg to keep it warm. There is a tube that runs from the bag. When they go in to use the restroom they put that in the specimen cup. I only have 1 client that uses an observer and guys claim all of the time “I didn’t feel comfortable with them watching.” Yeah right. Wasn’t born yesterday. IF there was/is drug use it’d be pretty easy to pass a Rapid 5 or 9 UA. Let’s keep it real - he tested soil. He wasn’t a structural welder, suspended 45’ in the air doing dangerous welds that could potentially blow up an ethanol plant working 7-12’s. He tested soil... Depending on the employer they might not drug test soil testers regularly. He might have done one pre employment and that is sufficient for them.

In regards to the day Lucas was found and JH “going back to work” I’ve never thought that he did go back. The timeline seems to be off for me. He got back rather quick like and was at a vigil with JO. My gut feeling is that he didn’t go back to work. I also don’t think an employer would release him under the circumstances especially when dealing with the death of a child. I personally think they released him due to the pending charges having to do with EG’s son or it was voluntary. I happen to think he was probably advised, if taking a plea deal, that he wouldn’t be able to leave the state so he said screw it. I’m not going back, sick of the drive any way I’ll find something closer to home and play the sympathy card to my family even though I haven’t been in much contact since the reports of child abuse last November and denied everything.

I’ve never trusted JH. I personally think he knew. EG more than likely spun a story that would make JH believe her. What has happened is tragic and the saddest messed up case of abuse, drugs, failed reports to CPS and ultimately the death of that sweet boy. I don’t think we’ll ever have answers which is tragic for JO and the family that loves him to pieces. I pray daily for them all.

I’m now going to crawl back under the rock that I came from. Haha. I know I don’t post often these days but I do view the thread daily.

I’m local - how does one file for a coroners inquest (I think that’s what it’s called)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum