Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren't wrong in doing so. I personally think she had something to do with it because I'm jaded but, I keep telling myself innocent until proven guilty not guilty into proven innocent. Or at least until she admits to doing it.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

That's exactly how it works in a court of law for the jury. But, we're not on a jury here....and I think she is responsible for what happened to Lucas. And she is responsible for not revealing what she knows, and by withholding information, she is making a lot of people suffer.

justmyownopinion

O/T: this is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen this referenced that cameras caught BTK, what is this in reference too? So far as I'm aware, BTK was caught because he sent a computer disk that was later traced to his church computer.

You are correct, the disk is what outed him. Before he sent the disk, he left something (I do not remember what) at Home Depot and they could see what vehicle he was in but not his tag number or any other identifying info.

I agree but at the same time I feel she could think the other way. I am sure she thought/hoped they would believe her about him wandering while she was asleep. In that case it would be possibly in her mind somewhere they wouldn’t look. If they find him they will know COD. I’m torn I agree with you as well. It’s my opinion and I’m just trying to see how she could potentially look at it.

If the yard is fenced in could Lucas even reach the latch to get out of the fenced in backyard?

I really wish someone who cared about him took him to help him but it seems too long for that now. 😢. I hope they find all the pieces to the puzzle today.

From what I saw and read (somewhere in this thread), the fence is tall... not sure about a latch.

And yeah, I'm trying to wrap my head around what she was thinking as well, but given that I would never hurt my children (or any child for that matter), I can't really understand or follow her thought process as well as I want to. Ugh.

That's exactly how it works in a court of law for the jury. But, we're not on a jury here....and I think she is responsible for what happened to Lucas. And she is responsible for not revealing what she knows, and by withholding information, she is making a lot of people suffer.

justmyownopinion
I was letting Midge know she has a right to her own thoughts or way of thinking. If she wants to hold out hope that he's alive she can so that. I didn't say she wasn't guilty. I think she is.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

O/T: this is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen this referenced that cameras caught BTK, what is this in reference too? So far as I'm aware, BTK was caught because he sent a computer disk that was later traced to his church computer.

It had to do with a drop he made to police, where his vehicle was captured on the HD cameras. It was a key piece of evidence in identifying him.

I wanted to clarify this, as you took my post out of context.
No, I never said any of this. Please reread my post. Never said he was responsible for Lucas’ disappearance, never said the bio mom’s anger was not in the right place.
A tad negligent? Have you seen the pictures of this poor little boy? Lucas was being abused by EG, people from Lucas’ family reported this abuse & EG was allowed to watch Lucas unsupervised.
I hope I cleared this up so you can understand exactly what I posted. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it has also been stated that dad is only home for 30 days, and gone for 90 (can't remember where I saw that, somewhere in this thread, I believe stated by our VI)... and if that's the case, I'm sure EG could have told him stories "He fell off his bike, he was running outside and tripped... etc."
The problem is, we don't know.
Lucas may have never spoken the truth to dad, even if questioned, for fear of what EG might do to him when dad left again.

I think until we have PROOF that dad KNEW what was going on, we should treat him as a victim, and as a father who doesn't know where his child is.
While it might be easy to say "Oh, he KNEW"... we don't know that he did.

Just my opinion.

Has it been reported that the stepmom was using drugs?

But it has also been stated that dad is only home for 30 days, and gone for 90 (can't remember where I saw that, somewhere in this thread, I believe stated by our VI)... and if that's the case, I'm sure EG could have told him stories "He fell off his bike, he was running outside and tripped... etc."
Lucas may have never spoken the truth to dad, even if questioned, for fear of what EG might do to him when dad left again.

I think until we have PROOF that dad KNEW what was going on, we should treat him as a victim, and as a father who doesn't know where his child is.

Just my opinion.

I agree that dad is a victim right now. However, this is a woman with a violent and druggy history who did not have custody of her own children! I think dad was very naive and I do feel very very sorry for him.

You are correct, the disk is what outed him. Before he sent the disk, he left something (I do not remember what) at Home Depot and they could see what vehicle he was in but not his tag number or any other identifying info.

Oh ok, thanks Pink. I'd never heard about that before. My only knowledge of BTK, his crimes and capture are from a John Douglas book chapter and a couple of docus.

Has it been reported that the stepmom was using drugs?

I don't think currently it has been confirmed, but court docs from custody case with older boys' father as linked here previously speaks of past drug use.

The dad is a victim right now and may remain so.
But he saw how violent she could be with him according to their records: http://abc7chicago.com/records-missing-boys-dad-stepmom-had-violent-relationship/3131755/
"[FONT=&quot]The reports detail two other incidents where police went to the couple's home in response to reports of arguments. In a November 2016 incident, an officer reported injuries on Jonathan Hernandez's face where he said Glass had slapped him and she admitted to pushing him."
That's just one incident.
He knew enough to know she could be violent.
jmo[/FONT]

Did it say what kind of drugs she was using ?

justmyownopinion

I would disagree. We are a jury in the court of public opinion. IMO by making grand declarations of guilt without knowledge of direct evidence is how we've ended up in a society where innocent people are still hounded to their graves for crimes they didn't commit, it's how we've ended up with people murdered in the streets because the mob was positive they were guilty. IMO we have a responsibility to be above that, we can and should talk about suspicions and WHY we think a person is guilty or innocent but we shouldn't be declaring guilt. Outsiders come here and see sweeping generalizations and they just assume the person must be guilty. As a society we are bound to uphold the spirit of the law and that includes not declaring guilt before we know the facts.

JMO

It was reported that he was wearing white socks -- no shoes. His green shoes were left behind in the house along with his coat.

Green shoes are at Jamie’s mom’s house. Emily never had them.

I am not on the fence about stepmom's culpability.

Even if she did leave them alone, while she went on a drug run---that makes her responsible for his disappearance through criminal negligence, imo.

But I cannot ignore all of the prior charges against her for assault, brawling, domestic violence, and the stories about her aggressive, volatile anger, and the evidence of the child's bruises and the child's own words to his great grandmother, about being kicked and dragged by step mom.

Given all of the above ^^^, I cannot sit comfortably upon the fence.

Just my opinion.

Well said!!

:lurk:

I’m not cranky...yet. ;-)

But please do not discuss FB comments on the thread. I know it’s hard to wait for confirmed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member