Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it has also been stated that dad is only home for 30 days, and gone for 90 (can't remember where I saw that, somewhere in this thread, I believe stated by our VI)... and if that's the case, I'm sure EG could have told him stories "He fell off his bike, he was running outside and tripped... etc."
The problem is, we don't know.
Lucas may have never spoken the truth to dad, even if questioned, for fear of what EG might do to him when dad left again.

I think until we have PROOF that dad KNEW what was going on, we should treat him as a victim, and as a father who doesn't know where his child is.
While it might be easy to say "Oh, he KNEW"... we don't know that he did.

Just my opinion.

My experience and options only.

If she was willing to swing on a grown man she’d have no compunction about hitting or kicking a child. There are photographs of him with awful bruises that couldn’t logically be explained away by playground, bike, other child, whatever injuries. I’ve seen kids who have face planted on a bike and there’s always road rash with the bruising. I’ve seen kids accidentally head butted by other kids on the playground with facial bruising. It looks completely different than being hit in the face. One of mine ran out onto the playground one day at preschool smack into a plasticised picnic table and hit with her eye and brow, she bled like a stuck pig and needed a bunch of stitches but even after that the bruising certainly didn’t look like that in the pics of Lucas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She lists all the things they've found. Yikes. Why weren't these things found by police in their searches? Or if they were found and they concluded they were unrelated, why didn't they just remove them? I know it's a park and things like toys and kids shoes probably end up there a lot. But seems strange to leave them there.

CONTAINERS of toys is what's weird to me...

If you notice the end, she says "Possible grave site..."

I just got chills.

Have anything been said yet by LE or MSM about the possible grave in the park?

Did it say what kind of drugs she was using ?

Not trying to stereotype/judge...but I suspect more then just a little weed going on with EG and (self edit)!

I get the sense drug use surpassed a 'recreational nature' here. Many people struggle with that, but thankfully most of them don't kill children.

My opinion.

Geocaches are usually in water tight bins or containers. One person puts a small toy/stamp/whatever in the bin and takes one from it. There are clues or GPS coordinates to find them.

If you notice the end, she says "Possible grave site..."

I just got chills.

These are most likely geocache containers. Which would explain why LE would leave them there. They can easily verify the owners.

Well well that certainly is not the fresh faced look she try's to portray in her Facebook photos MOO

I miss the old emotions before it changed to just "Thanks" at the bottom of the post. We definitely need a LMAO for that photo of EG. Probably the only funny thing in this case, if you can find anything to laugh about.

Not trying to stereotype/judge...but I suspect more then just a little weed going on with EG and (self edit)!

I get the sense drug use surpassed a 'recreational nature' here. Many people struggle with that, but thankfully most of them don't kill children.

My opinion.

I was wondering if that may have been what the neighbor had seen her and the unidentified male smoking though.

The dad is a victim right now and may remain so.
But he saw how violent she could be with him according to their records: http://abc7chicago.com/records-missing-boys-dad-stepmom-had-violent-relationship/3131755/
"[FONT="]The reports detail two other incidents where police went to the couple's home in response to reports of arguments. In a November 2016 incident, an officer reported injuries on Jonathan Hernandez's face where he said Glass had slapped him and she admitted to pushing him."
That's just one incident.
[B]He knew enough to know she could be violent.[/B]
jmo[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Emph. mine

Generally speaking... when you live with someone you get to know them pretty well.
There was zero protection for little Lucas. He was at the mercy of adult(s) who mistreated him or looked the other way.

[quote="katydid23, post: 13956008"]I am not on the fence about stepmom's culpability.

Even if she did leave them alone, while she went on a drug run---that makes her responsible for his disappearance through criminal negligence, imo.

But I cannot ignore all of the prior charges against her for assault, brawling, domestic violence, and the stories about her aggressive, volatile anger, and the evidence of the child's bruises and the child's own words to his great grandmother, about being kicked and dragged by step mom.

Given all of the above ^^^, I cannot sit comfortably upon the fence.
Emph. mine

Not to mention she'd thrown water in this boy's face. :(
:gaah:

:moo:

The dad is a victim right now and may remain so.
But he saw how violent she could be with him according to their records: http://abc7chicago.com/records-missing-boys-dad-stepmom-had-violent-relationship/3131755/
"[FONT="]The reports detail two other incidents where police went to the couple's home in response to reports of arguments. In a November 2016 incident, an officer reported injuries on Jonathan Hernandez's face where he said Glass had slapped him and she admitted to pushing him."
That's just one incident.
He knew enough to know she could be violent.
jmo[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote="Ibiz, post: 13955998"]Did it say what kind of drugs she was using ?

RSBM

Jumping in here quickly and then have to go .....

Do we have a link for her drug charges ?
This is new to me and very unsettling ---- is it possible he was sold for drugs ?
:moo:

I wonder if Dad would be willing/able to talk to EG.

I think that he is the person who has the best chance of getting some info out of her.

I don't know if there were drug charges but she was caught using and warned by the court in her custody hearing:
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html
"The order said that Glass “has used illegal drugs in the past and is forgiven” but warned that any future use would be seen as “a choice by her not to parent” her children. She was not allowed to leave Butler and Sedgwick counties with the children."

I would disagree. We are a jury in the court of public opinion. IMO by making grand declarations of guilt without knowledge of direct evidence is how we've ended up in a society where innocent people are still hounded to their graves for crimes they didn't commit, it's how we've ended up with people murdered in the streets because the mob was positive they were guilty. IMO we have a responsibility to be above that, we can and should talk about suspicions and WHY we think a person is guilty or innocent but we shouldn't be declaring guilt. Outsiders come here and see sweeping generalizations and they just assume the person must be guilty. As a society we are bound to uphold the spirit of the law and that includes not declaring guilt before we know the facts.

JMO

Doesn't sound like what I see myself as doing but thanks for the words of caution. Makes for a boring discussion board if we all waited for evidence beyond a reasonable doubt though.

Carry on.

Just to be clear: I was not scolding anyone at all for any opinion they hold or discuss.
My point was that I am on the fence SIMPLY because I don't want to give up hope that he is alive until we know he is not.
That's all I meant. I value everyone's opinion here always, even if I don't agree with it. We usually know little, as far as facts go. We do have to speculate and think logically.
I'm super sorry if anyone took it any other way.

KAKE just reported that EG is in yellow jump suit which indicates suicide watch. KAKE reported this on 430 pm central time news.
I wonder why she would be in a yellow jumpsuit- hhhhmmm. Guilt eating away at her?

Just a quick FYI as I get caught up on the thread:

I’ve never mentioned how many days Lucas’s dad is gone for work. I did say that he is gone for quite awhile (possibly weeks at a time).

I'm still catching up and don't know what you're referencing yet, but just want to jump in to say that I don't understand why mothers bring their kids on searches during a recovery mission.

People need to not bring children on searches, moo! For exactly the reason you provided above, no child needs to see that kind of stuff, decomp, skeletal remains, dead bodies...

Furthermore, In Adam Gilbertson's search the terrain was not an area for a child, downtown Denver along the river where many homeless congregate so there were feces and dirty needles everywhere. Not a safe place for a kid. And by the time Adam was found in the river there was maaajor decomp.

Please people, keep your kids at home. This is not the place for them, moo. Why do people bring their kids??? This erks me to high heaven to put it mildly!!

(Eta: O/T,/ and while we're on the subject, can you please not sit them at the bar either at 5:00 Friday happy hour?? This is a place for adult conversations, f bombs after a hard day's work...!! The last thing I want to do is be worried about a kid getting knocked over by a drunk and watching my f bombs after I've been working with kids all week!!!!! :banghead: I want to have raunchy conversations with my girlfriends!!!! The bar is not a place for kids either!!! If you want to get a table fine and order some nuggets then that's fine! Moo.)
Ok, then. :) but my boys are 28 and 25 and if they are buying...

But it has also been stated that dad is only home for 30 days, and gone for 90 (can't remember where I saw that, somewhere in this thread, I believe stated by our VI)... and if that's the case, I'm sure EG could have told him stories "He fell off his bike, he was running outside and tripped... etc."
The problem is, we don't know.
Lucas may have never spoken the truth to dad, even if questioned, for fear of what EG might do to him when dad left again.

I think until we have PROOF that dad KNEW what was going on, we should treat him as a victim, and as a father who doesn't know where his child is.
While it might be easy to say "Oh, he KNEW"... we don't know that he did.

Just my opinion.

Even if she gave excuses that he fell off his bike or similar. Dad was told by his family members that they had concerns Lucas was being abused because Lucas told them so and he also had bruises. Dad knows his gf isn’t allowed custody of her two older children. EG is a walking red flag. A parent needs to protect their children. I am a stepmom and cannot imagine my husband letting me be primary caretaker of his kids under those circumstances.

Geocaches are usually in water tight bins or containers. One person puts a small toy/stamp/whatever in the bin and takes one from it. There are clues or GPS coordinates to find them.

I was a geocacher in years past...that was my first thought, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member