Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Detox would fall under medical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been awhile since she's been in there, I'd think she would be over detoxing by now if that's what it was. I'm thinking she's in some sort of protective custody or she cried suicide so she could get put in the clinic. I have a troubled niece and she does this whenever she gets picked up for something (a "trick" taught to her by an ex-bf), it keeps her out of the main jail where she'd undoubtedly get the fire beat out of her because her mouth.

I’d love to know if EG has asked anyone about the search for Lucas at all.

I wonder if Dad would be willing/able to talk to EG.

I think that he is the person who has the best chance of getting some info out of her.

IMO she’d just lie to him as she’s likely done in the past regarding abusing Lucas. And he very well may believe her. The fact that his kid had bruises to beat the band,
combined with dads own family members expressing their concerns of abuse, but dad chose to believe his gf (despite her track record with her own children), is huge IMO. EG gives stepparents a bad name.... but I have to say, the stepparenting community I’m involved in would not be happy that dad allowed her to be primary caregiver despite these massive red flags.

ETA - Lucas obviously does have very loving family members, such as FLA. EG was clearly not the right person to be taking care of Lucas, and I am sure loving family members would have been more than happy to care for Lucas if dad was unable to because of his work schedule. I’m just having a hard time wrapping my head around EG being primary caregiver.

The dad is a victim right now and may remain so.
But he saw how violent she could be with him according to their records: http://abc7chicago.com/records-missing-boys-dad-stepmom-had-violent-relationship/3131755/
"[FONT="]The reports detail two other incidents where police went to the couple's home in response to reports of arguments. In a November 2016 incident, an officer reported injuries on Jonathan Hernandez's face where he said Glass had slapped him and she admitted to pushing him."
That's just one incident.
He knew enough to know she could be violent.
jmo[/FONT]

Absolutely he knew, but depending on the relationship dynamic - he could be like any other gaslighted abuse victim and she could have wholly convinced him that it was his fault. Battered men are just as vulnerable to the 'you MADE me hit you, YOU were being the abusive one, your WORDS did this!' tactic. I know one man who was beaten with a baseball bat, burned, had fingers broken, etc - and he oughtweighed his partner by almost 150 pounds. Every time, she convinced him he caused it, he started it, they had an argument and it was just her 'reaction' to him. My own husband was once in a physically abusive relationship and still has scars and he was made to feel the same way. It happened because he 'made' her do it.

So keeping that in mind, if he believes she became physically violent with him because of something HE did, and he may believe she wouldn't become violent with a child because it's his fault and he started it. If she has also gaslit him to the point that he thinks his concerns are crazy then she probably would be able to do the same re: Lucas, or also frighten Lucas into not wanting to tell Daddy (but she didn't talk about not telling other relatives, so he tried to get help elsewhere).

It sounds like I'm making excuses for him looking the other way, and I assure everyone I'm not - but I've seen so many times just what long term psychological manipulation, emotional abuse, and physical abuse can do to victims. I also would not be shocked if there was this level of abuse going on in that relationship - if you can direct it at a child, you can certainly direct it at an adult.

edit: In the case of the man I mentioned, it took 3 years and multiple attempts for him to finally leave his abuser. He'd be almost out and she'd figure out a way to convince him he was the problem again.

This is an awful thing to ask. How long will they continue to actively search? We had the Kenai family of 4 and (Alaska) the winter set in. The search had to stop. And everyone with horses atvs everything searched. Hundreds of people. They were found in the spring in an area that had been thoroughly searched by choppers. Very sad.

Feb 26

The charge on which Glass made a first appearance in court Monday accuses her of “unlawfully, knowingly and unreasonably” causing or permitting the 1-year-old “to be placed in a situation in which the child’s life, body or health may be endangered.”

The date of the alleged crime is said to have occurred on or about Feb. 16 – the day before Lucas was reported missing.

Glass is due in court again on March 13.

Glass, who appeared via video feed from a room in the Sedgwick County Jail, said she wanted to hire her own attorney to represent her rather than applying for a court-appointed one.

The charge is related to the alleged endangerment of a 1-year-old child, according to court documents. There was no mention of Lucas during Glass’ court hearing.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article202233299.html

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Still trying to catch up here but I have to ask... how does someone without a job, hire a lawyer? I mean... I work full time as an indie artist and I do all right financially but I'd have a hard time paying for a decent attorney and I have a job. So... how does that work?

If it is true that the yellow jail jumpsuit indicates suicide watch, that is very telling. I do not believe a person jailed on a misdemeanor charge with low bail amount would be in such despair that they would be suicidal. On the other hand, that same person could in fact despair if they were guilty of much, much more and knew it was just a matter of time before their secrets are known.

It is important to know for sure that a yellow jumpsuit indicates suicide watch. If this comes from news staff it might not be all that reliable.

IMO she’d just lie to him as she’s likely done in the past regarding abusing Lucas. And he very well may believe her. The fact that his kid had bruises to beat the band,
combined with dads own family members expressing their concerns of abuse, but dad chose to believe his gf (despite her track record with her own children), is huge IMO. EG gives stepparents a bad name.... but I have to say, the stepparenting community I’m involved in would not be happy that dad allowed her to be primary caregiver despite these massive red flags.

I don't think she will ever tell him the truth, if she harmed poor sweet Lucas. The last person she'd tell would be his father, in my opinion.

She might tell some info to the DA, if she thinks she can get a better deal for her own sorry arse.

But she won't be telling the truth to help ease the burden for Lucas's loved ones. I don't think she even has a heart.

Still trying to catch up here but I have to ask... how does someone without a job, hire a lawyer? I mean... I work full time as an indie artist and I do all right financially but I'd have a hard time paying for a decent attorney and I have a job. So... how does that work?
I'm guessing but possibly a defense attorney who would like free publicity.

Do her parents have a good income? I hope they are not selling their home or giving up their retirement savings to help her sorry butt.

I don't think she will ever tell him the truth, if she harmed poor sweet Lucas. The last person she'd tell would be his father, in my opinion.

She might tell some info to the DA, if she thinks she can get a better deal for her own sorry arse.

But she won't be telling the truth to help ease the burden for Lucas's loved ones. I don't think she even has a heart.

I agree she will not tell the truth. But I do wonder if dad will take her word as gospel and believe what she says, as he’s (likely) done in the past.

IMO he is not the right one to get the truth out of her.

If she were there for detox tho, she would be in a different color uniform. Yellow is only for suicide watch. I think if I remember correctly there is colors for general population, for trustees, for inmates with a history of violence against staff, etc. There is a show called Lockup-Extended stay that features the Sedgwick County jail where they talk about uniform colors and what they mean.

Very interesting, thanks. I had no idea their system worked this way.

I agree she will not tell the truth. But I do wonder if dad will take her word as gospel and believe what she says, as he’s (likely) done in the past.

IMO he is not the right one to get the truth out of her.

I agree. She has lied to him repeatedly and he bought it hook, line and sinker.

I wonder if Dad would be willing/able to talk to EG.

I think that he is the person who has the best chance of getting some info out of her.

I really don’t think that would be allowed or if it was, that what was said would be admissible in court. Admissible in court IMO would never trump finding my child but if it would obviously put the case in jeopardy, LE wouldn’t allow it.

Feb 26

The department said they received new tips over the weekend. KSN found several police cars at Cottonwood Park just northeast of Harry and Woodlawn. Those police cars had left the park by mid-afternoon.

http://ksn.com/2018/02/26/wichita-police-to-search-new-location-monday-for-missing-5-year-old-boy/

Channel 12 said the tip they received about Cottonwood Park was a 911 call about a dead dog.

http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=475212923

Absolutely he knew, but depending on the relationship dynamic - he could be like any other gaslighted abuse victim and she could have wholly convinced him that it was his fault. Battered men are just as vulnerable to the 'you MADE me hit you, YOU were being the abusive one, your WORDS did this!' tactic. I know one man who was beaten with a baseball bat, burned, had fingers broken, etc - and he oughtweighed his partner by almost 150 pounds. Every time, she convinced him he caused it, he started it, they had an argument and it was just her 'reaction' to him. My own husband was once in a physically abusive relationship and still has scars and he was made to feel the same way. It happened because he 'made' her do it.

So keeping that in mind, if he believes she became physically violent with him because of something HE did, and he may believe she wouldn't become violent with a child because it's his fault and he started it. If she has also gaslit him to the point that he thinks his concerns are crazy then she probably would be able to do the same re: Lucas, or also frighten Lucas into not wanting to tell Daddy (but she didn't talk about not telling other relatives, so he tried to get help elsewhere).

It sounds like I'm making excuses for him looking the other way, and I assure everyone I'm not - but I've seen so many times just what long term psychological manipulation, emotional abuse, and physical abuse can do to victims. I also would not be shocked if there was this level of abuse going on in that relationship - if you can direct it at a child, you can certainly direct it at an adult.

edit: In the case of the man I mentioned, it took 3 years and multiple attempts for him to finally leave his abuser. He'd be almost out and she'd figure out a way to convince him he was the problem again.

All of this may be heartbreakingly true, but women who are physically abused have been locked up for pleading guilty to allowing child abuse. In some cases, for longer than the abuser. No time to grab link right now, but was just reading an article.

I wish there were more comprehensive help available for all people who find themselves in abusive situations. I feel for him, but I think possibly at this point his problem may be rooted more in denial than partner abuse, jmo.

It's been 9 days. Where are you Lucas? This case is really getting to me. I cannot keep this little guy out of my mind. Please, please, please let him be found. :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli